User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Fibromyalgia

"I have a hip injury. I was given a high dose of hip cortisone injection. The next day I was pain free through out my body! I forgot what it felt like to be human. The systemic symptoms slowly returned after about 3-4 wks. I saw a RA doc who R/O RA. Now am waiting to see fibromyalgia doctor but I am hoping to get a mediation I can take permenateoy to get this same relief. Been dealing with this horrible pain since Jan 2016. Which a great deal stress had been thrown on me. Help!!"

Alc2018 July 20, 2016

"Incredible change 1st day after taking. More energy, less pain. Could barely get uo or down stairs before...now no problems."

fromkamloops (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

"I have been given prednisone for a bout of poison ivy and another time for bronchitis. Each I am unable to sleep, concentrate, and have insane pain in my legs. I hate this stuff. Makes me feel like I'm flaring. So much joint pain. But my sick gets better so I suck it up."

Hate it (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

"Today is day 6 and my last day (1 tablet) of prednisone. It is a miracle I guess. I have absolutely no pain and before this administration of these drugs, I wondered whether life was worth the pain. Back to the doctor to get results for 2nd round of blood tests but fibromyalgia certainly looks to be the culprit. Wonder how long this great pain relief will last?"

Lynda C April 25, 2016

"I have just taken prednisalone for the first time for a moderate exacerbation of asthma. For the first time in 28 years I was pain free. I kept telling my husband that despite how sick I was with pneumonia I felt so relaxed and I realised I had no pain. Now I know how normal people feel I could cry. You can't take it forever due to the effects on your body but gosh I sure wish they could work on something that worked the same without the side effects.meanwhile I am trying to readjust to pain again and feeling heartbroken that I have to live with fibromyalgia."

Liverpoollass (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

"Made me gain 140lbs over 6 years, no one told me about how steroids affect your sugar and insulin. I'm now diabetic. If you use this medicine I would strongly recommend talking to doctor about a carb free sugar free diet to avoid weight gain and diabetes. Did not help with pain at all. Helped me regain control of severe asthma for that I'm grateful."

Alicealwaysfalls (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2016

"Put on Solumedrol IV and then take home Prednisone, 60 mg, weaned down to 20 now. Reason for taking was not my Fibro, but Acute Respiratory Failure with Hypoxy, Sepsis, Bilateral Pneumonia, exacerbation of COPD, abnormal CT lungs. This is the WORST medication. I am even more depressed, anxious, hyped up, insomnia worse, no appetite, anxiety attacks, nightmare with terrors, upset stomach, indigestion worse than normal Achalsia and GERD, post op Myotomy, Nissen Fundo. I feel like dying! I still have some pain, even if all pain from severe DDD,FIBRO, CMPS, could not tolerate this med Feel like I am dying. Any suggestions on how to cope? My future will hold many rounds of med with repeated pneumonias,COPD"

Katharine B. P. January 17, 2016

"Been fighting fibromyalgia since 1990. EVERYTIME I take prednisone for either asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia I find I am pain free!! Its awesome!! I have no negative side effects. Advisable to take long term to remain pain free?? What do the experts say??"

achy in nh (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

"I was given prednisone for 7 yrs, I was told to get off or die. It took me 1 full yr to get off of them as we has to do it mg by mg each month. I got completely off for last 2 months, I cried every day, could hardly walk, started using a cane and wheel chair when I did get up the strength to go out. Two days ago I said SCREW this! I started on just 5mg, today I'm up and walking, no cane, I walked freely!!!! So I die earlier,? At least I'm going out able to hang out with family for as long as I can ! I've told them all my decision, they don't like , but they have their mom back, and can see how much better I am compared to 3 days ago. Yes u can gain weight, I've gained a lot in those 7 yrs,60 pounds. I'm gonna fix that!"

Laural12309 August 27, 2015

"Same as many here. Put on 12 day prednisone pack for an allergic rash. 18 years with fibromyalgia and nothing has really helped. After the first day my fibro pain was gone! and during the 12 days I was on it I lost 8 pounds (same diet and same activity level), how can that be? of course all you hear it how bad it is. Tears that there is something that can take away this every day unrelenting pain and I can't have it!"

Mrs.H (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

"only concern- prolonged use. (generic form)"

almost instant relief from inflammation June 26, 2015

"I've been suffering from fibromyalgia for over 10 years now..a few months ago I was stricken with Bell's palsy and was given a course of prednisone and Valtrex. Combined, it took away the palsy within a week but it also took away all my pain and stiffness. I've since learned that most people with Fibromyalgia have some type of herpes..herpes virus can also cause bell's palsy. There are many herpes viruses and not all show any outward symptoms. I highly suggest getting tested for all herpes viruses if you suffer from fibromyalgia. I'd bet dollars to donuts you have one type of herpes virus...like cold sores. The combo of low dose anti-inflammatory and the anti-viral is what works. I worked with my doc to find the lowest doses that worked."

Greenmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

"This was a re-occurance of my PMR. My Family Practice doctor did an ESR which was elevated. He put me on Prednisone 40mg q d in Nov. He said he'd check my last bone density--if he did he failed to mention it to me. I FELT BETTER! --had tons of energy and appetite. went on to gain 30 lbs. Within a month I developed L knee pain; then R sciatic pain; then R groin (L3-4) pain; then L sciatic pain and inability to ambulate because of the pain, muscle weakness and gen'l disability . The Prednisone was gradually decreased/increased per results of the ESRs. I demanded an MRI, this showed an Insuffuciency Fracture of my Sacrum. This meant 12 weeks of pain, bed rest, visiting nurses,PT/OT, etc. Now, I'm starting Fosamax"

marge/maine May 19, 2015

"I've struggled with fibromyalgia for 15 years. I was prescribed prednisone for bronchitis and in one days time I was pain free and had energy thru the roof! I struggle a lot with daily things and not having strength or energy to do them. It's very depressing. I've considered asking my doctor to give it to me on a daily basis but I'm a little unsure. The bone weakening and weight gain concern me. Especially since I'm a mature women at age 42. Anyone that takes it, I ask do the pros outweigh the cons? Btw I'm a recovering addict. Was addicted to pain pills. All prescribed by pain doctor for the fibromyalgia. I chose to come off them but had to have help. Will prednisone do me the same way?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!"

Aprilh3073 May 10, 2015

"I have had Fibromyalgia for twenty years. When I had a bout of poison ivy, my doctor put me on the prednisone step pack. All my pain was gone. I felt great. When I told the doctor about the results, she told me it was dangerous. My Endo told me the same thing. "

winnierenee (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2014

Sterapred DS (prednisone): "100% accurate."

Roy Sizemore (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2013

"I suffer from chronic persistent fibromyalgia. My life has been consumed with pain for 3 yrs. My Drs and I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, Savella, many pain medicines at many different mgs, muscle relaxers, Valium, I could go on and on with the list of medicines we've tried just to give me some quality of life. Well last week my Dr wrote me a script for prednisone for an upper respiratory infection I've been battling. I am here to tell you that I am on a treadmill now, I feel pain at maybe a 3, which for me a normal day was 6-10. I can handle a silly little 3. I'm not saying this may be a permanent answer, I guess when I go back in a month I will discuss it. But even for a respite I highly advice it!"

HockeyMom5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2012

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am taking Prednisone for Fibromyalgia (20mg twice a week) together with 60mg of Cymbalta (once a day) and have been 98% pain free for nearly a year."

ccdny January 20, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am surprised there was no one here taking prednisone for fibromyalgia. I take this and 500mg of naproxen daily and am almost pain free."

bluebelle43 January 14, 2010

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate