User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Lichen Planus

"I had 8week course of pred..while it erased my lichen rash it made me gain weight my face was unrecognisable(fat) and i constantly was eating...also i dont know if anyone felt tipsy on these meds? I began being clumsy and couldnt sleep, after 8 weeks of taking 4 days after stopping, rash came back, was told take 1 a day!!!! Still on them...but now im getting bad joint pains /depression and short fuse(mood swings..excessive sweating"

ALEEMA (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2016

"I took prednisone twice for my lichen planus. the 1st time it worked great, a lot of my plaque areas cleared up and went away, however anytime I was experiencing stress, a change in other medications, anxiety ect, I broke out in new sites. The 2nd time I took prednisone I experienced severe side effects. It caused a perforation in my bowel, stomach and lower intestine. I also got a abscess under my liver that had to be tubed. I spent 6 days in the hospital and was given a PIC line for administration of IV antibiotic Zosyn every 6 hrs for 30 days after release from the hospital. (that then gave me c difficile, not once but TWICE.) It did help with my lichen planus, but the side effects for me greatly outweighed its successes."

Stephany K September 1, 2016

"I'm a 37 years old and I have had "heat rash" since I was a young child. My body is usually covered in bumps from spring to fall. I have been prescribed lotions and steroid creams which usually just helps with the itching. Since there was a warm weather I started breaking out in December and because of travel to hot places my body was covered in bumps by February. So in May I saw a new dermatologist, she did a biopsy for lichen planus and placed me on prednisone. I took a 20 day dose and within a few days the texture and size change. Also some disappeared and there was no more irritation. I've been off prednisone for 2 weeks now and I've have started to breakout and the irritation has started back."

VJen (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

"Prednisone is the only medicine that suppresses this dreadful condition. As soon as I stop taking it, the condition returns with a vengeance."

sibbie September 14, 2011