User Reviews for Prednisone to treat Osteoarthritis

Also known as: Rayos

Prednisone Rating Summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Prednisone

BJ January 3, 2020

“Prednisone is a miracle drug. It has the singular capacity to attack seeking/inflammation at its core. There’s no reason to chance liver damage with OTC’s for osteoarthritis. While surgery will likely be required, prednisone can keep me working until then. Using 10-20 mgs daily”

Mamaw · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2019

“Experiencing tremendous lower back pain, swollen hands, shoulder and elbow due to osteoarthritis. I have been taking prednisone low dose 2mg for a week now and the pain is down. Sometimes you have to weigh the risk against the pain! If doctor will give I will take it long term.”

mermaid · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2018

“I recently had an arthritis flare- up in my lower back. The sciatica pain was almost unbearable. I have just received this drug and I feel as though it is a miracle. I did have some slight dizziness, but other than that the relief is worth it. I am only able to take Tylenol. It does not work well for serious pain and I was taking the maximum dose. I went to an urgent care center this week and after x-rays, the doctor prescribed this drug. I wish I could take a very small dose every day. My dose is fairly large- fifty mgs every twenty-four hours for one week.”

BigRed · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2018

“have used prednisone for systemic osteoarthritis flareups in my hands and back. it is wonder drug, nothing works as well!”

Micklanna November 5, 2017

“I have osteoarthritis. I have used prednisone twice . I had a second flare up and after day 2 I could function with no pain at all. I do not think from what I have read that I can stay on it long term. Just flare ups and use Ibuprofen which does take the edge off. I wish I could take prednisone longer because it gives me my life back.”

beetee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 21, 2017

“I have lower back disc herniations that aren't helped by epidural injections and need surgery, so my family MD says. I have not been to a neurosurgeon. Yet. I was given prednisone in a dosepak, 40 mg for 3 days, 30 mg for 3 days, etc. It was a tremendous help. I was able to bend again without pain. The family MD is very strict about dose levels. He will only give me that tapering dose twice a year. I have been planning my vacations and special events around it. Now I have obtained prednisone generic from an Indian manufacturer without a prescription. I am doing more of these tapers a year with great relief. I know I am taking a risk in many areas, but the pain was too great. I am happy with my decision.”

Vonnie604 April 20, 2017

“My husband has a disc bulge in his neck and osteoarthritis in his neck. He suffers from daily chronic pain and severe migraines ranging from a 3 to a 10 . With 10 being the worst. He has taken opiates, NSAIDs, anti depressants, anti convulsants, topical cream, done physio massage botox trigger point ims chiro..... this has been going on for years. Yesterday he started on 50mg prednisone (3 days) and his pain was down to a 2 last night. Today he is like a totally different man, skipping and smiling, getting ready for work (this never happens as he dreads work because of the pain and misses at least one day a week). I asked him where his pain was (scale of 1-10) as is our normal routine in the morning. He looked at me and said zero.”

J?B · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2016

“Severe muscle spasm in lower lumbar region, couldn't stand as I couldn't bear any weight without severe pain and would just collapse. Doctor prescribed me prednisone on a tapered prescription along with painkillers and muscle relaxants. Prednisone was fantastic within two days I was back on my feet and on sixth day managed a return eight hour flight home which I was dreading! An X-ray confirmed osteoarthritis in my lower spine. Prednisone gave me my freedom and future back. ps I'm writing this at 3am as the side effects are that I don't sleep throughout the whole night. I will be asking my doctor at home for prednisone if this happens again as its more effective than painkillers.”

LZimmmmm March 7, 2016

“I took this more pain in my shoulder - I had a shoulder replacement years ago. I have had trouble with my bowels for years, colitis, diarrhea, etc. I usually take 2 loperamide to keep it somewhat under control. The very next day after taking prednisone, my bowels suddenly calmed down. I feel like a changed person. I have been experiencing normal bowels now for 4 days so far, no explosions, sudden urges to evacuate. Next time I talk with my primary physician, I will tell her about this.”

xyx February 2, 2016

“I have liver disease and can't have anti-inflammatory. One shot of prednisone, and the next morning every ache and pain had vanished - couldn't believe it. Effect lasted for about 3 weeks and slowly disappeared.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)