User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 67 medications used in the treatment of Pharyngitis.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Pharyngitis

"Went to the Dr with sore throat and chills ,the night before I tossed and turned with pain and sweats...went to the er got a dose of Prednisone and within a few hours I felt 80% better"

Poohby May 24, 2016

"I was prescribed this medicine on the first day when my sore throat developed. It didn't help me at all, In fact after 2 days of taking it, I felt weaker, body aching and my throat remained painful and I became giddy. When I googled the details, I realised it suppressed my immune system and it contains steroid and not suitable for people with thyroid disorder like myself (hypo thyroid). I won't take this medicine again."

ThyroidPatient April 2, 2016

"I came down with a fever and severe sore throat over the weekend. Felt like I was swallowing glass. Finally went to the doctor on Sunday and was diagnosed with strep throat. They gave me antibiotics and prednisone. Took my first dose at 7pm Sunday and woke up Monday feeling about 80% better. By Monday evening throat has almost zero pain. Amazing. However it is midnight and I can't fall asleep and just want to get up and clean out a closet so that might be a negative. I will take it over the glass throat though. :)"

Throat (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

"I went to the doctor Tuesday after feeling a sore throat Monday morning. Tuesday I woke up with white puss on my tonsils, couldn't swallow at all (felt like I was swallowing glass), and was going through hot and cold flashes and had to go to my doctor immediately. I tested negative for strep throat. I was put on amoxicillin for three days, and nothing worked. I went back on Friday, had a shot of prednisone as well as a prescription for it lasting 9 days along with Avelox. I woke up Saturday morning and felt 80 percent better. I am so glad that I had the chance to take this medicine and highly endorse it."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

"I have had a sore throat for a week. I went to the doctor with a fever, body aches, and sore throat. He gave me a strep test and it was negative. Anti-biotics did not work because it is viral and not bacterial. I started feeling better in a few days and then my sore throat switched from my right side to left side and was worse than before with no fever or body aches. Went back to doctor 6 days later. Was given another strep test and mono test, both negative, Doctor put me on prednisone and sore throat went away within 9 hours. Feeling much better."

Anonymous August 12, 2008