User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Pharyngitis.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Pharyngitis

"Well I'm on day one of taking prednsone for mono and strep throat. This would be the 4th time taking prednisone. I was sick for 2 days. Had horrible body aches, chills, fever, cold sweats, everything to do with strep and mono. Doctor prescribed me prednisone and I start feeling better less than an hour after taking it. Only down side is you can't sleep. Other then that, I like the drug because it wipes out the disease fast. It's heavy duty, but should not be taken for a long time as it destroys your immune system. Is great from short term use though."

Mariavarkulla October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My throat was so sore I couldn't sleep. After 3 weeks of little sleep and swollen tonsils I finally asked the doc for something, she prescribed me prednisone. Couldn't believe it, by that night I was sleeping with no itchyness at all!!! What a miracle drug."

Tonya Roberts August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken prednisone for other reasons than this razor/ glass feeling sore throat, fever and body aches and have hated it! I went to Urgent Care who told me I didn't have strep and this was viral. I asked if there was anything they could give me to help open me up because my nose was stuffy and my throat felt constricted, they said steam. Next day I was able to be squeezed in at my Dr.'s office he figures viral too but gave me prednisone, within a few hours I noticed the difference in my air flow down my windpipe and that says a lot cause I take oxygen for heart defect. For all the times I hated taking prednisone before because of side effects. I am happily taking it for the worst sore throat I have ever had in my life!"

Dani0608 May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started w/ a sore throat on a Wednesday. By Friday I had white pus on my tonsils, fever, body aches, chills and felt like I was swallowing glass. Saw my doctor Friday and was given an antibiotic (which wasn't strong enough). Went back to the doctor on Monday because my tonsils were so swollen and full of pus, I literally couldn't talk or swallow. The absolute worse pain ever, I'd rather give birth! My doctor gave me an IV of antibiotics and prednisone. Also a prescription. By 5 pm on Monday I was 85% better. I could function and my throat was no longer horribly sore. I'm rating this a 9 bc I've experienced the side effect of trouble breathing when at rest, it's bearable but causing me to be anxious. Otherwise, the prednisone was great."

Rach129 December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Woke up yesterday morning to a horrible sore throat, it got significantly worse fast and I ended up having body chills fever and muscle pain all over my body. That night I couldn't sleep a wink it felt like someone was putting a hot branding iron to the back of my throat every time I swallowed, it was like I was trying to swallow raw sharp razorblades. The worst pain I could imagine. The next morning I went to the doctor and he gave me prednisone and amoxicillin for 10 days. I was about 60% better by lunch time. The releif was unbeleivable. I still can't believe how I could get better so fast from something so horrible and painful. Feeling blessed to have that nightmare behind me. Would highly recommend this corse of treatment for strep."

Happyhappyholly November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Went to the Dr with sore throat and chills ,the night before I tossed and turned with pain and sweats...went to the er got a dose of Prednisone and within a few hours I felt 80% better"

Poohby May 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this medicine on the first day when my sore throat developed. It didn't help me at all, In fact after 2 days of taking it, I felt weaker, body aching and my throat remained painful and I became giddy. When I googled the details, I realised it suppressed my immune system and it contains steroid and not suitable for people with thyroid disorder like myself (hypo thyroid). I won't take this medicine again."

ThyroidPatient April 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I came down with a fever and severe sore throat over the weekend. Felt like I was swallowing glass. Finally went to the doctor on Sunday and was diagnosed with strep throat. They gave me antibiotics and prednisone. Took my first dose at 7pm Sunday and woke up Monday feeling about 80% better. By Monday evening throat has almost zero pain. Amazing. However it is midnight and I can't fall asleep and just want to get up and clean out a closet so that might be a negative. I will take it over the glass throat though. :)"

Throat (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went to the doctor Tuesday after feeling a sore throat Monday morning. Tuesday I woke up with white puss on my tonsils, couldn't swallow at all (felt like I was swallowing glass), and was going through hot and cold flashes and had to go to my doctor immediately. I tested negative for strep throat. I was put on amoxicillin for three days, and nothing worked. I went back on Friday, had a shot of prednisone as well as a prescription for it lasting 9 days along with Avelox. I woke up Saturday morning and felt 80 percent better. I am so glad that I had the chance to take this medicine and highly endorse it."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a sore throat for a week. I went to the doctor with a fever, body aches, and sore throat. He gave me a strep test and it was negative. Anti-biotics did not work because it is viral and not bacterial. I started feeling better in a few days and then my sore throat switched from my right side to left side and was worse than before with no fever or body aches. Went back to doctor 6 days later. Was given another strep test and mono test, both negative, Doctor put me on prednisone and sore throat went away within 9 hours. Feeling much better."

Anonymous August 12, 2008