User Reviews for Prednisone to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Also known as: Rayos

Prednisone Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Prednisone

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

“Prednisone is the worst medicine I have ever taken very dangerous, if not prescribed correctly for me I ended up with about 12 of the side effects. It is not fun at all and to top it all off I'm still not doing well didn't work for what the doc thought it was always look at the side effects and pay attention !!!”

Arnold · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2019

“Neck swelling and pain went down in 2 days. no side effects, back to work. I was given 20mg twice a day.”

Shay · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

“I was given a heavy 15 day supply of this drug after being given Solumedrol (another steroid) intravenously in the hospital after an episode of optic neuritis. After I began taking this, I have had migraine headaches every single day, pressure and tingling in my head, pressure behind my eyes and ears, ringing in my ears, sinus issues, anxiety through the roof, dry eyes, dry skin, blurred vision, insomnia, crazy acne, weight loss, and frequent urination. This drug is awful and I would not be taking it if I didn't absolutely have to.”

Crystal · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2019

“I started taking prednisone for ptotis (droopy eye lid). It’s not helping that much but it sure did clean up some extremely painful dermatitis on my hands! The dermatitis was so bad that I couldn’t even hold eating utensils! Prescription creams did not work. I unfortunately, though, I am having a lot of side effects from the prednisone. Headaches, moon face, agitation, acne and quite a few others. My doctor may end up taking me off of it when I see him next month. I LOVE the fact that it cleared up my hands though. It has even made my feet softer. I am going to see if we can just lower the dose.”

Maemae · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

“I got put on prednisone for my left tonsil inflammation, 3 times a day, for 5 days, I started feeling better after the first 2 days then bam I didn’t know I was getting esophagus burning cause my throat was already inflamed I thought it was coming back. I finished the meds and still feel awful, called my doctor said I had burned my esophagus from taking the prednisone awful, awful experience, I can’t eat I have to take acid medication I’ve never had acid problems in my life till now. Three a day is too much for a small figure anyway and 3 a day for someone who can’t swallow well this has turned into a nightmare”

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

“For only 10 days I was prescribed prednisone. Prednisone definitely helped my illness and made me feel better BUT after a couple days I noticed small red bumps, headaches, and frequent urination. Those bumps turned to bruises, eventually spreading becoming bigger bruises, to becoming lumps, to swollen areas and points in my legs I could feel when I walk. After the 10th day, I had such bad pain in my legs I could barely sit or stand. By the time I got home from work my ankles & legs were so bad I couldn’t walk. I’m in bed right now hoping the swelling will go down.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

“Been on Prednisone along with an antibiotic for a bronchial infection. Day 4 of Pred I suddenly developed hives and itching skin everywhere. I am not sure if it was the antibiotic but is probably more likely that I was allergic to the antibiotic. My face and lip got swollen with hives . It came on pretty quickly. Ran out got Benedryl and reaction subsiding slowly . After sleepless nights with this drug I’ll welcome the sleepy relief of Benedryl ! I felt like it loosened up the mucous in my infection first day and allowed me to cough off more but this is the end of road gig this drug for me forever . Grateful it didn’t get any worse before I got Benedryl.”

39with back of a 90 year old · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

“For the last 6 years I have had issues with my back going out to the point I could not walk. Protocol was get a script of flexeril and sleep for three days still hunched over in pain. This time at the local orthopedic urgent care the Dr asked had I ever had a steroid in conjunction with flexeril. I said no. Took it immediately, next morning 80% better did some stretches, the following day no pain I could walk straight and I am now at day 3 pain free. This NEVER happens when my back goes out.. it is usually a week long struggle. Miracle drug.”

enigma · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

“I was diagnosed with Collagenous Colitis AKA microscopic colitis (2019) after a colonoscopy with biopsies. There has to be a better treatment for this!! I took budesonide for 1 week and I could not stand myself! Then I was taking pepto bismal caplets without success! There is high levels of aspirin in that product! I stopped that product after taking it for at least 1 month! Now, I am taking prednisone! There has to be a better treatment! My personality has changed to the extent that I don't recognize myself! I am so angry all the time! My anxiety level is too much to bear! HELP!”

Anonymous June 15, 2019

“I was put on 90mg prednisone for two months because my blood count was low. The first month it made me overweight, overeating, sleepy and tired all the time. The other month I started to have different side effects. I started to have dizziness, anxiety, didn't want to sleep, loss of appetite, confused, memory loss and seizures. I never had anxiety or seizures in my life. I also loss a lot of weight. I was 195lb and I went down to 145lb. When I was having those side effects what made me so scared was the anxieties and seizures. This happen to me 5 years ago and I'm still having anxieties and seizures. Now I'm being put on different medications for my anxieties and seizures. This have changed my lifestyle so much.”

A legitimate patient · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2019

“This is a comment regarding the brand Qualitest prednisone which I use for migraines. The medicine strip is impossible to open and is ridiculous. Like trying to breach Fort Knox! I understand we must be safe when it comes to medication, but this brand's packaging for pred takes the cake!! Even with scissors, it is virtually impossible to remove each tablet. It shouldn't be this way! The patient is already suffering - Qualitest: please don't add insult to injury by making your packaging this difficult!”

Decoding End Times May 25, 2019

“I actually asked the doc at the ER for prednisone for a swollen tonsil which could be Lymphoma, well today I decided to take this pill for the 1st time in my 40 year life and I made sure I ate 2 pieces of toast and took it with some milk, Well I drove to the store about 40 minutes later and obviously I got into my own head with all the bad thoughts and side effects thanks to Google "keep in mind they have to put all that stuff on those papers well I started to get a really bad panic attack that did pass after only 10 minutes, mine usually lasts for hours, I did take a whole .5mg xanax which I'm prescribed. I had no nausea, I was all wound up and energized cause I was so happy to be pain free. I did seem to pee more however I drank lots of water as well, I still say the benefits outweigh the risks and don't be afraid to Prednisone it works really well and has been around for many years and keep in mind our own bodies produce steroid but sometimes we just need a stronger dose of them.”

Doc April 3, 2019

“Prednisone was a miracle drug for me I was in bed for 2 weeks hurting unable to move and this drug stopped it within 5 hours.”

Michigan Melissa · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 28, 2019

“I have been a long time suffer of pain I have always taken very good care of my body as I enjoy life but working on the farm thirty some odd years ago it was "a walk it off attitude" and "I've got to finish out the day..." so I kind of adapted that attitude well with time. Chiropractors and years later neck surgery. Now lower back is giving me bad pain. I've been to pain clinic's for years. I have found this The best thing for pain is prednisone - its great for inflammation, it also has many other beneficial effects. Look it up on the web. ”

Slifer February 22, 2019

“Have a herniated disc. Took me over 30 minutes to get out of bed two days in a row. Was in tremendous amount of pain. Within 12 hours of taking Predinsone I noticed a huge difference in my pain threshold. It went from 9 (scale 1 to 10) to 4 the first day. Now day 4, I’m at a 1.”

Gma · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2018

“I experienced sudden, debilitating pain, diagnosed as achilles tendonitis. My doctor prescribed a short course of prednisone. I took the prescribed dose as soon as I got home. The next morning I was completely pain free! I am always hesitant to take it because of the side effects, but it is a miracle drug for me!!”

Blue line · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2018

“Doc said take 3 pills in morning. I took first 3 this morning. Tonight I'm burning up, arms, chest red like fire, just burning up. I'm not taking anymore more and will be seeing doc again as something not right.”

mzm · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 9, 2018

“Chronic severe radiculitis neck and left shoulder. Two rotator cuff surgeries, right shoulder tendon snapped in half bicep muscle dropped. Constant pain in shoulder, severe muscle spasms left side back an also rib area back and front. Had a severe, adverse reaction to voltaren, unable to take NSAIDs. I can only take flexeril when I go to bed a tnight. I work from home 50 - 60 hrs week. Do take vitamins extra. Calcium. Etc Prednisone only thing that helps when with the severe pain I have chronically. When using as maintenance I take 3 days on and then 3 days off at a dose of 10 mg. When I have excruciating spasms I take 10 mg 2x day”

A Hendrix · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2018

“I've had 14 years suffering with crippling pain in abdomen. Just last year I was diagnosed with Nerve Entrapment Syndrome from previous abdominal surgeries. I currently take 200mg of lyrica every day along with Cymbalta. I have had extreme pain recently and my dr have me 5 days of prednisone. This medication has decreased my pain drastically. I have suffered from side affects like increased sweating (just of my face), lack of sleep, nightmares when I do, and a really bad chemical looking burn in my throat down my esophagus. It is hard to talk and swallow. I will put the side affects aside and take this again to make my quality of life better.”

Sis · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2018

“Temporal arteritis Giant cell arteritis Side effects daunting”

Chris M Calgary · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 4, 2018

“I was originally prescribed Prednisone back in February 2016 to treat a very rare and serious case of Eosinophilic Pneumonia (EP). I had been coughing up large volumes of phlegm, my nose would not stop running and my ears had been plugged for months. At 60mg/day as a starting dose, I had a fair amount of side effects (water retention, thirst, swelling knees, blurred vision, night sweats and overeating). It also WORKED!! It took almost two years to completely taper off Prednisone. While at 25mg/Day I would have NO side effects but all my other symptoms would disappear: no joint pains, no rhinitis, no vitiligo, no UC, and best of all, no EP. My only problem has been trying to find a doctor that is willing to prescribe it for life. After 6 mths off, my symptoms have all returned to some degree. My EP is being kept in check with a small satchel full of inhalers. Half of which include steroids and none of which are really working. I am hoping my new doc will side with me and allow me to stay on it until I am old.”

Nicholas · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2018

“I was diagnosed as having an Interstitial lung disease (ILD), or lung infection from unknown cause. I was taking an anti-fungal drug for a hand and fingernail infection at this time. I was given a 20mg dose daily of prednisone. When I was told my lungs were clear I was also told I would continue same dose for three more months. Side effects from the prednisone : diabetes, swelling of legs and feet, fungal infection of hands has flared up with blisters on palms and cannot do hard hand work, blurred vision requiring glasses, impaired balance. Am going to request tapering off now. Do any of the side effects reverse after discontinuing use of prednisone?”

DeeG · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2018

“I stood up one day and had shooting pain in side and hip. Thought I pulled a muscle but by the next day I could barely walk and get out of bed. Went to doctor and told it was a pinched nerve in lower back. Doctor put me on 21 day prednisone tapering plan and oxycodone. Took three 20mg prednisone for 7 days. Then moved to two 20 mg for 7 days and will end with one 20mg for last 7 days. On day 10. Started to feel better in a few days after taking. Still have pain and discomfort but prednisone is helping. Now I can bend a little, walk slowly and turn better in bed. Medicine is working wonders and I still have 11 days left so I hope I'm completely better by then. Only downside is that I've already gained 7 pounds so far.”

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2018

“After many tests, not knowing what is causing some loss of vision I was taking 80 mg for 6 days and now 60 mg. There has been no change in vision. However, now I have severe pain in my left arm pit as well as swelling on the side of my left breast. I can only hope this is a side effect of the drug and not cancer. I also experienced palpitations all day yesterday. I see my doctor this a.m. and hope he has an answer. Be real sure before you start this drug, I think it is doing more harm than good.”

Mina · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2018

Deltasone (prednisone): “I had a spinal injury and went in with literal screaming pain, I couldn't even pass out. They have me a steroid shot and this med to take at home, which I did. (The ER made me go home even though I was still crying, but that's a different issue) what I mean to say is I've had other brands and this one, I can't even tell if they're working. My mom has the same brand for her fibromyalgia and it didn't work.”

Learn more about Inflammatory Conditions

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)