User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Sinusitis

"Got prescribed this with an antibiotic for sinusitis. Felt better the first day but as i continued the meds, i noticed severe anxiety, moodiness and sweating.my brother also says ive been talking excessively, so the racing mind is probably a side effect. I have 5 more days to go with the prednisone. The prescription was for 10 days."

Alison93 August 12, 2016

"I have very frequent bouts of sinusitis with general associated dizziness. Over the last 2 years I've had way too many scripts for Antibiotics (which eventually didn't work anymore) so the doc has occasionally suggested Prednisolone. Did this in December and after a few days all good! Right now in June I'm in trouble again so again on the Pred and tapering down over a week, but I avoid it at night cos it keeps me awake. I'm feeling almost alive again today. Hopefully I'll be out of the woods again soon!"

Wenno June 19, 2016

"I have had back to back sinus infections several times per year for the past few years. I have taken too many antibiotics and do the ENT prescribed prednisone 30 mg for 3 days then 20 for 2 days then 10 then done. Sounded simple enough even though I had been putting off prednisone for a year. I also take klonopin low dose for an anxiety condition. I know my hyper sensitivity to meds so the first night I took half the initial dosage. I woke up early the next morning with a racing mind and high anxiety. The racing mind scared me. It dissipated within a few hours but still made me feel on edge for the remainder of the day. I called the pharmacist as it was a weekend and I could not get the doctor and explain. She told me to stop the prednisone"

Penchant (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

"I had a rally bad sinus infection in 2014. Went to Doctor and was put on a antibiotic and prednisone 20 mg. I felt better in one day. This past week had another one went to same place and was put on same meds. Felt great in one day. So I think prednisone is a great Med to give."

Deehar October 7, 2015

"Worst side effects lost all taste in my mouth and bad metalic taste in mouth couldn't think straight"

Shuska (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2015

"Constipation, then diarrhea, severe congestion, lung burning from severe cough, lots of snot & mucus in lungs, extreme fatigue."

D.J. July 19, 2014

"I have severe allergies, combined with chronic sinus and ear troubles. Every few months, I need prednisone to help with inflammation. It kicks in so quickly, and that familiar, dull ache finally subsides. With the taper pack, the side effects are minimal, but the most notable are an increased appetite and energy level. Thankfully, the two of these together seem to balance out, and I usually don't gain weight."

Haleyhd April 5, 2012

Deltasone (prednisone): "It it one of the only things that opens up the sinuses to allow it to drain well, so the infection can heal otherwise the infection never clears out and you can get a clogged up sinus canal."

Anonymous February 4, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been taking this on and off for a few months now (but taking as prescribed) for chronic and severe sinus infections. I recently had surgery for it and am still taking it. I am honestly hoping to be off it soon. I have noticed several side effects - I can't sleep well but always feel tired and without energy; I'm moody; excessive sweating with a horrible breakout or rash over my chest, shoulders and back; my skin is dry and my face looks fuller. "

Anonymous May 14, 2009