User Reviews for Prednisone to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Rayos

Prednisone has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 42% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Prednisone Rating Summary

5.3/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Prednisone

phil · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2020

“I have had psoriasis for years, but it turned really bad a few years ago. My the tops of my feet were completely raw oozing, and unhealable. I finally went to the Dermatologist, who wanted to run patch tests, but I insisted he treat me at once. I was prescribed a Prednisone for ~2 week period with Methotrexate and blood testing to assure no liver damage. My skin was completely clear everywhere, for the first time in my life -for at least 2 years. Also, using otc moisturizers daily has helped.”

Tiffmik September 2, 2015

“I have been experiencing horrible psoriasis on my feet that had me depressed then I started to also experience joint pain (in almost every joint). After a million test my rheumatologist prescribed me prednisone, and honestly after all the bad reviews I didn't want to take it but thank God after a couple months I did. My psoriasis cleared up dramatically! It's like a miracle that I hope is not short lived... If you are dealing with severe psoriasis and haven't had any relief I would highly suggest you at least try it short term. It will change your life for the better...”

Nanny · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2018

“Predisone made my psoriasis worse - experienced lots of new patches and of a different type whilst taking it. Had plaque psoriasis at the start and during the dosage developed guttate, pustular and inverse patches which had not been present prior to starting the drug. And I got nearly all the side effects.”

Skintight · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2021

“Prednisone seem to work for the two weeks but immediately, immediately after the last dose it caused rebound. I went from 40% covered to 90% covered and it was severe. Prednisone and oral steroids have a tendency to cause rebound full flare after use in psoriasis patients.”

G · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 21, 2020

“I had Polymyalgia rheumatica and for this I was given slow release methylprednisolone injections every 6 weeks for 4 years (it was tapered off from 120mg to 5mg) it cleared up my psoriasis and I was free of it for 12 years, but it’s slowly coming back now.”

A July 20, 2020

“Started taking prednisone it cleared up my psoriasis really quickly my course came to an end after 6 weeks it then came back 5x as bad has before. I then asked my GP for a second course he wasn't happy to give me them but I was desperate for some relief, I started on my 2nd 6 week course again completely cleared up and now its returned again I have pustular psoriasis on my feet and some days can't walk unfortunately this is just temporary relief for me”

Lizzy · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

“Hi, on the first day of takin prednisone the itch stop and the psoriasis started to disappear, but mine was not severe "thank God " my only worries is that it keeps you up at night and I love to sleep, lol and I hope I don't get any hair loss, lol”

Amina · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2021

“I took this steroid for 6 weeks starting from 6 tablets of 5mg a day going down a tablet each week. As soon as you finish your dose, the psoriasis goes completely crazy. It becomes darker and you get more flare ups especially at night. Every night for me. I would never recommend these steroids.”

N1989 · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2020

“I have Psoriasis bad on my face and used prednisone 4 different times now it works like a miracle but after 2 days of not being on it my psoriasis comes back mad as ever! I just want relief”

Larry · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2018

“This drug gave me a voracious appetite and did nothing to improve my plaque psoriasis.”

TB · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2021

“Tried it for a 5 day course for severe psoriasis. No improvement.”

Lowjac · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2017

“I have psoriasis on my hands and was prescribed prednisone. And yes it cleared my psoriasis up in under 2 weeks but the side effects of this drug are worse then the psoriasis is. Horrible!!!”

Learn more about Psoriasis