User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 168 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Eczema

"I have had eczema since childhood which I have treated with emollients, and topical steroids, but I had a severe breakout where my entire body was covered, I wasn't sleeping, I couldn't hug my children, I couldn't have clothing that touched my skin. I went to the doctors and she prescribed a short dose (5days) within 12 hours of taking the first tablet I wasn't itchy withjn 36 hours my skin looked normal again and after 5 days it was silky soft to the touch, I had not a single bit of eczema for three months after taking the short course, Unfortunately my normal level eczema is back but I can manage it with creams, if it gets really bad again I'll be heading back to the doctors and asking for this!"

Jamajam (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Whenever my eczema gets to be too far advanced that the creams just don't cut it, Prednisone is just the thing to clear up the eczema. I have it on my hands mostly and being a nurse, I can't possibly work with my hands full of blisters and swollen as it gets."

Nurse Torres (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My 3 year old has the worst skin. We tried everything! Finally the Doctor gave her this! Finally her skin is healing! The meds make her a terror but it's worth it"

Bella boo 2 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I understand the severe side effects. However, as one who has suffered from severe asthma and eczema, as well as intolerable skin itching in general, my entire life, I look at prednisone as a miracle drug. It allows me to breathe, stops the skin itching, and clears my skin up quickly. If there is another drug that will accomplish these goals, I would definitely give it a try. I am 47 years old, and all of my issues were considered "childhood illnesses" that would eventually disappear. Unfortunately they never did. At my age I've learned to greet the doctor with "yes, I understand the side effects. In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. If there is a new wonderdrug I should know about, let's give it a go!""

Petmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It works. But as soon as I stop taking this.. little bumps on my hands always comes back. Still struggling with this and I don't know what to do?? I had use virgin coconut oil but nothing worked.. Any one can help please"

handa1 December 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects. "

yellalot July 17, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Currently started a prednisone treatment and since i've used it before I'm more aware of the side effects. My suggestion is to take this in the morning. The last time I used this I lost alot of sleep. Drove me to insomnia because of nervousness. Overall the medicine was very effective."

EWAL (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took the standard prednisone treatment for severe eczema on my hands. I was amazed by how well it worked. The very next day the pain had receded and my hands began healing. I did experience a somewhat elevated heartbeat for the first couple days but it improved as time went on. Excellent product but you can't stay on it long term."

sable50 September 5, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Deltasone (prednisone): "I'm rating this a 'one' reluctantly because it truly worked miracles. I've wrestled with eczema for years and it has become quite painful. An ER doctor prescribed this when I was there for an unrelated issue. Within days my open skin and rough patches were completely gone. But the side effects...I put on 15 pounds in under two weeks, with a painfully swollen gut, stomach pains and insomnia. Upon visiting my regular physician, he refused to renew the prescription, explaining that these side effects, and potentially much worse, were due to the Prednisone."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you are having a severe episode of eczema, a prednisone taper works well. Every year when spring comes, I break out on my neck, face, scalp. Years ago I had a really good doctor who gave me the prednisone taper plus an injection of dexamethosone - it was like a miracle cure!"

kayemme May 13, 2010