User Reviews for Prednisone to treat Eczema

Also known as: Rayos

Prednisone Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Prednisone

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

“I developed eczema on my left hand. I thought initially I developed an allergy to my wedding ring after 6 years. I stopped wearing my ring and it only got worse. I took predisone. It worked wonders immediately! My hand was almost normal again. About 4-5 days after I was done with my series of predisone, the rash came back and maybe worse. I am at a loss. I am trying everything. I hate that I can not wear my wedding ring. I have it on my opposite hand and zero reaction.”

Mayo · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

“Honestly don’t waste your time if you have long lasting chronic eczema. But do use if you’re having just a flare up. I stopped using steroids about three years ago and learned how to cope with my eczema. I had to move back home because of covid and my skin was NOT happy. My eczema started flaring on my back which I’ve never had, so I was prescribed this. The side effects were horrible, I couldn’t sleep, my chest was tight. It cleared my skin but when I got off of it my eczema got really, really bad. Worse than when I had started. Not only did the flare up on my back come back, but I redeveloped eczema on the rest of my body/face that I had previously had eczema years ago. It basically revived every single past flare up I had..”

Sarah Connor. · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

“My eczema was bad as a teenager and on and off again during my 20s and 30s, but after I gave birth to my daughter in my late 30s it came back with a vengeance. A doctor put me on one course of prednisone and my eczema went into remission for a full year. After that it never came back as bad and I used ointment to treat minor flare ups. Now in my sixties just a tiny bit every now and then. I think dairy free is a good way to go for the younger people with this condition. Eczema stinks. It’s horrible and I really suffered when I was a teen.”

James · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2020

“My eczema spread throughout my body and was a big issue. I used prednisone for the eczema and it didn't completely get rid of it but it did reduce the severity. However, a couple days after, the eczema returned.”

Bbjadav · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 24, 2020

“Prednisone is a steroid everybody knows. It is immuno supressor. If you take it with a diet which increase body immunity then we can reduce its side effects and take it for a long term.”

Theloops1981 · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“As a kid I had eczema back of knees, elbow creases, wrists, neck, feet which I grew out of as a teenager. About 32 years old I started to get rash on my chest, neck, all down legs and face. Drove me crazy. I was desperate. Went private and doc gave me prednisolone. Worked great for a few weeks (skin was all clear) until weaning off. Not only did it come back on chest and legs, it came back where I had it as a kid and all over my head. Same doc then sent me for UVB treatment for 18 months. Worked great till I weaned off then it all came back again. I found a food intolerance tester, tests told me I was intolerant to milk, tea (not caffeine) and blackcurrant. Cut them out completely for 3 months and skin all cleared up apart from scalp. Scalp never completely clear but manageable with scalp cream. 5 years on I've learnt I can manage my eczema by the food I eat. Wish I never took prednisilone. I think it's called Vega testing. A machine measures your resistance to certain food in amps (I think).”

Jaja · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

“Have never had skin issues. A month before my 37th birthday my entire body broke out in a horrible rash. Was told I had severe eczema and was put on prednisone for 5 days. 40mg a day. My skin cleared up....and as soon as I was done with the prednisone the rash came back 10 times worse. I have never been so miserable. Itchy, dry, burning. Went back to see the doctor. This time he out me on 60mg of prednisone for 4 days...then 50...40...tapering off over 24 days. Skin cleared up again. 25th day...1 day being off the prednisone and the rash is already coming back. I do not want to be on oral steriods. I can't sleep, I am aggressive. Topical creams had done nothing prior. Even cortisone cream didn't help with the itch at all. I know they will give me prednisone again. I mean this rash covers my body...face..arms..legs...torso. Please tell me there is something better then being in Prednisone.”

Suzie · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

“I've used prednisone off and on all my life for eczema (primarily on hands) or if asthma got bad. I do consider it a miracle drug even though I have problems sleeping when I take it. Besides a family practice Dr. or dermatologist, an allergist can be very helpful. I had a test on my back for chemical sensitivity. It was very helpful. You can also have a blood test for food sensitivity. All of these things can aggravate eczema.”

James October 15, 2019

“Because of my eczema I could not get out of bed nor shower without my entire body stinging or feeling like I was going to cry. I could not live my life or kiss my girlfriend. I used this drug for 1 week. Prednisone really did the job for my severity. I was inflamed and could not sleep or eat. Prednisone got me back on my feet but It has not been long enough for me to know how badly my eczema will come back. I will re enter this in next few months. Though I believe people who do not watch what they eat and continue to have hot showers will eventually come back just as severe. My skin feels soft and clear all over my body after using this drug. I will keep eating healthy and keeping my stress levels at bay. All while keeping hydrocortisone with me at all times to attack minor flare ups and keeping my eczema to a minimum. I tried every natural way but my eczema just got too out of hand. I believe sometimes a chemical western medicine can help you get back on your feet.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more October 14, 2019

“I was put on Prednisone for some weird rash and it takes away like magic but every time I get off Prednisone it comes back I don't know what to do all I know is I can't stay on Prednisone for life and that's the only thing that takes it away I've been on it for a long time now it's been years it gave me stretch marks all over my body which I have not gained a lot of weight to even get stretch marks like this prednisone helps wonders but it has a lot of serious side effects but without it these rashes take over on my face and my body I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and I need some helps if there's a doctor out there that sees this message please help me find out exactly what these rashes are and what I can do to make them go away.”

Qadeer · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2019

“I got little bubbles with pus on my palms last year, and I am still struggling with this. Doctor said it's a kind of eczema. They gave me allergy tabs (loratadine) and ointments. But it's increasing day by day I change many doctors, but they all repeat same medicines. I fed up and start searching on google the result was horrible that eczema can't be cured, but at last an article about medication for my kind of aczema. And the prednisone was there as medication. I tried it and the result was so good. It's did not fully cure my palms but better then before. Still using this and I hope somedays there would be a cure for eczema.”

After 11 years relief September 13, 2019

“I've had eczema all my life but it was never bad it was just like a small pink rash on my arm that would go away after a while. Well after I fully matured it got worse much worse. 11 years of trying to control it and finding some success only for it to relapse it has covered my whole body even my eyelids. Day 4 thus far on my prednisone regime and the eczema is completely gone on my face and arms and is fading fast in other places. Reason why I give this a 9/10 as oppose to a full 10/10 is because I experienced some side effects my first couple of days. Nothing serious but my heart felt weird, not like irregular just weird but it went away within a few minutes. Then I had insomnia for the first couple of nights, and woke up shaking but those are common for starting a steroid regime. If you've been suffering with severe eczema all over your body like me, then I highly recommend you ask your doctor about prednisone or drugs like it.”

1redqt · Taken for 10 years or more August 30, 2019

“I was born with eczema and the things I've tried to get my itching under control took me half my life to figure out what to use. My number one go to fix is PREDNISONE!! when I'm really bad I have to be in the hospital to control it. Once I'm cleared up I use a topical ointment (Aquaphor), and (Gold Bond lotion for eczema) I'm not promoting these just letting you know what helps me once the itçhing stops it has to be the PREDNISONE A MIRACLE DRUG scale of 1-10 it's 20 for skin conditions and so many other things”

tezza · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

“I am 55 and have used prednisone 4 times now, some of the doses were for approx 3 weeks and weaning off on a low amount taking every other day towards the end. Each time it has worked wonders and my skin managed to stay clear for sometime. I had no side effects. This week my skin was so bad, itchy puffy eyes, arms so uncomfortable I could hardly type at work, and severely affecting my sleeping. I have been prescribed with 3 days of 30mg as a short sharp dose. Within hours I felt better and my skin is clearing up, feeling and looking better. This is a shorter dose that my previous times and no weaning off time but maybe thats because its only 3 days. I think its marvellous and such a revelation to feel "normal" . No one can understand how eczema feels unless they have it .”

Loco · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2018

“Taking prednisilone for severe, all over, itchy rash, started 10 days ago on 20mg reducing down over 4 weeks. It has made absolutely no difference to my skin and I have terrible abdominal bloating.”

Nickels December 14, 2018

“Ahh...where to start... ok, I'm 34yrs old, never had any type of issue with my skin, rarely get pimples or any skin blemishes at all. So you can probably understand my confusion couple months back when the edges on the underside of my hands and my palms started getting little zit like bumps, and the itch and irritation that ensued. I go to the doctor and get a steroid shot and a diagnosis of "Dihydrous eczema"and sent on my way. Here's the thing, it will dry the eczema up ...and fast... buuut, it only lasts while you take the meds, and made my infected areas peel thick layers of skin off. I've had success with the 2 creams I have now, not the ones I had been given at first. But, if I come in contact with certain leathers, it will immediately break out again. So, if the condition is severe, take the medicine.. I did. But get Fluocinonide cream, that is better long term.”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2018

“I’ve been struggling a new onset unknown blotchy rashes on my face that get worse with exercise. I’ve never dealt with severe skin conditions and now my face looks scary at age40! After several different topicals for rosacea and contact dermatitis my internist gave me a medrol 5 day pack. It started to calm overnight and cooled out on my intense workouts. After stopping a couple days though it’s still heating up but not as bad with moderate exercise. I’m struggling and going to try a second round but this is really hard to deal with and pin point why it’s happening. I fear this steroid is just a bandaid”

Tim · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2018

“My doctor noticed I had very low blood platelets when I went in for my regular physical. He sent me to an oncologist for further evaluation and I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia or ITP, an autoimmune disease. He prescribed prednisone, 30MG per day which was eventually lowered to 10MG as my platelets count improved. It so happened that I also had eczema which I noticed nearly went away as I was using prednisone. I am thinking prednisone works on eczema which must be an auto-imune disease?”

Tiredeczemastruggler · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2018

“I have always struggled with eczema and my doctor prescribed prednisone. With it being a steroid, he didn't want the prescription to be permanent with myself being a minor still. I was almost completely clear and I ran out of the prednisone and the doctor wouldn't give us more. I was so sad. My eczema returned immediately. I was very happy with it though. (My eczema was REALLY bad because I working detassling corn and it was irritating my skin so bad it hurt to shower.)”

Jamajam · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2017

“I have had eczema since childhood which I have treated with emollients, and topical steroids, but I had a severe breakout where my entire body was covered, I wasn't sleeping, I couldn't hug my children, I couldn't have clothing that touched my skin. I went to the doctors and she prescribed a short dose (5days) within 12 hours of taking the first tablet I wasn't itchy withjn 36 hours my skin looked normal again and after 5 days it was silky soft to the touch, I had not a single bit of eczema for three months after taking the short course, Unfortunately my normal level eczema is back but I can manage it with creams, if it gets really bad again I'll be heading back to the doctors and asking for this!”

Nurse Torres · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2017

“Whenever my eczema gets to be too far advanced that the creams just don't cut it, Prednisone is just the thing to clear up the eczema. I have it on my hands mostly and being a nurse, I can't possibly work with my hands full of blisters and swollen as it gets.”

Bella boo 2 · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2017

“My 3 year old has the worst skin. We tried everything! Finally the Doctor gave her this! Finally her skin is healing! The meds make her a terror but it's worth it”

Petmom · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2016

“I understand the severe side effects. However, as one who has suffered from severe asthma and eczema, as well as intolerable skin itching in general, my entire life, I look at prednisone as a miracle drug. It allows me to breathe, stops the skin itching, and clears my skin up quickly. If there is another drug that will accomplish these goals, I would definitely give it a try. I am 47 years old, and all of my issues were considered "childhood illnesses" that would eventually disappear. Unfortunately they never did. At my age I've learned to greet the doctor with "yes, I understand the side effects. In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. If there is a new wonderdrug I should know about, let's give it a go!"”

handa1 December 26, 2015

“It works. But as soon as I stop taking this.. little bumps on my hands always comes back. Still struggling with this and I don't know what to do?? I had use virgin coconut oil but nothing worked.. Any one can help please”

yellalot July 17, 2014

“I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects. ”