User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Prednisone Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Bursitis.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Bursitis

"Hip bursitis 6 weeks with pain in hip area, running down thigh, involved knee, entire calf and foot/toes at times. Ibuprofen and prescribed Robaxin helped about ten percent; leg continued to ache, with me limping and leg nearly giving out at times. Yesterday doc injected long-acting prednisone mixed with numbing agent lidocaine into hip bursa. It is 18 hours later and I am nearly painfree!! The lidocaine works first, quickly, then prednisone slowly provides strong anti-inflammatory effects. The shot was virtually painless...I would recommend this treatment modality to anyone who is not allergic to these meds. So much relief!!"

Loupn (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

"As a nurse, I can tell you that oral cortisone should be taken early in the day (and with food, of course) to avoid it interfering with normal sleep patterns. I would suggest taking it with breakfast. And as you probably know, it is not advisable to take cortisone for longer than two weeks (on a tapering dose) in order to avoid side effects."

elizannj (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

"I have bursitis on my hip. Motrin, Aleeve didn't help. During first 12 hours the pain decrease a 50%, 80% decrease in 24 hours, no pain in 36 hours. Reducing dosage on third day as per medical indications."

Joe333 January 4, 2017

"I am 40 and active but have had hip bursitis for about 7 months. I started taking prednisone due to a flare up of poison ivy. On the second day I had a 70% improvement on my hip and on day 3 90%. Huge surprise !! I started at 30mg and am down to 15 mg now and will keep tapering off to zero in about 5 days"

Chris1974 October 6, 2015

"Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra."

Agorafolks March 3, 2014

"Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite."

MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2014

"I had elbow bursitis so bad, I could not sleep, move my arm. Missed work etc. Tried Advil, naproxen and tylenol and codeine. Prednisone is the only thing that works and started working within 6 hours. Took it for 7 days and my arm felt so much better. After I went off, it slowly came back but not quite as bad. Took it for another 7 days and it healed 90 percent."

Anonymous January 3, 2012

Meticorten (prednisone): "I have only been on this medication for 3 days for bursitis in my hip. I have noticed a little relief from the worst pain but I still am feeling stiff and hurt quite a bit. **NOTE: I have had insomnia since the day I started taking this medication. I slept only 30 minutes last night. Each night I have slept less. I was able to sleep 3 hours the 2nd night. I believe it is from this medication as the other medication I am on does not report insomnia as a side effect. At this point, I only have to take the medication for one week and if it helps with my pain, I feel it will be worth it but be aware that this might happen."

aha2009 April 19, 2009