User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Cluster Headaches.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Cluster Headaches

"Have had clusters for 45 years, remember the first one. Ergotamine inhaler worked almost instantaneously but gave me a nasty depression. I take prednisone 2(10mg) at breakfast , 1(10mg) at dinner. Tried taking less and headaches come back with a vengeance! They mess with my digestive tract some , and sharp increase in appetite, and an increase in sexual desire. It is not supposed to do that. I will stay on this medication till the cluster cycle ends"

Hurricane Mike (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I experienced my first Cluster Headache 27 years ago.It still took me moving to Atlanta and 15 years to find a Neurologist that actually helped me. An Imitrex shot works for the very short term but that's NOT the solution as we all know. My Neurologist put me on a preventative dose of Verapamil and Topomax ( that means all the time) When cycle starts I Take 60mg Prednisone for 5/days,40/days,20/4days.As soon as I begin the Prednisone my HA's stop however since we can't stay on it forever when I get down to 20mg I start Medication Cafergot & take it late afternoon. If I don't do this headaches will pop right back up!*NOTE-Can't take Imitrex within 24hrs of Cafergot.I was nervous but didn't need it.In cycle now, also diagnosed w/MS 2015. "

Jersey Gurl (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"In my third recurrance of cluster headaches over a 10 year period, they have become far more intense and frequent, over a month with no let up. As many as four per day. Started on 50mg for four days. Fifth day no prednisone and headaches were back. Now I'm back on prednisone (60mg for 5 days and reduce by 10mg until off) and it is so far keeping them at bay."

Roofingispainfulenough August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Deltasone (prednisone): "I am 51, and have been getting cluster headaches since 17. Have tried every medication for them, but nothing seemed to work for me. I was finally prescribed Prednisone, it takes a few days to start working, but after I finished the course, I didn't get a single headache for nearly a year. The course was 20 mg a day, for 10 to 14 days, depending on the doctor. The length of time, without a headache varies, but is usually a year or more."

jskess (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Taking the medicine 60mg (reducing by 5 mg per day over 1 week) worked until the dosage got down to 40 mg, then the headaches came back and the medicine was not effective at all. I am now on my second week of the same approach from my doctor and am writing this as at 04:00. I woke up at 02:00 and have not been able to sleep since. But, only 'normal' headaches so far."

Boggins (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sterapred DS (prednisone): "Sleeplessness."

jigg June 15, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the only medication that has successfully relieved and aborted the onset of cluster headache "events" during my twenty year history of cluster headache attacks."

yelrah April 24, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor thinks I have cluser headaches. This is the second medication I am on and taken it about 4 times. This is so far the only headache that has helped me. They are not gone completely and after several hours they return but for several hours I am able to function with a smaller headache."

Anonymous September 23, 2009