User Reviews for Fremanezumab

Also known as: Ajovy

Migraine Prevention 5.7

Reviews for Fremanezumab

Ron November 18, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I have had bouts of migraines for 16 years multiple times a month. I started Ajovy like 14 months ago. I had immediate relief with the first 5 months only having less than 5 migraines. I didn't even refill my break through Rizatripten. Then on the 6 month they came back but not to the serious degree they once were. I did have to start using my break through pain medication. But then about 8 months later my migraines have seemed to stop again. I do like the new instant injection feature they just added to it. I am a male in my 50's and I feel I have had absolutely no side affects what so ever on this medication. None!! Only problem I have is my insurance company keeps mucking me around telling to try the other injectable Aimovig? Strangely I though it was over price but they are only with in few dollars of each other?? So why are they trying to make me change?? Really odd!!”

JCL · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 17, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I've suffered from migraines for 50 years and have tried most everything out there, including Botox. I started Ajovy 15 months ago and it worked wonders. On Ajovy I average 3 migraines a month which for me is a miracle. After about ten months I started to get vertigo (which I had checked to rule out any medical causes) and the past two months I've been suffering from bloating and constipation as well - all out of the ordinary. I am going to stop the Ajovy to see if this all clears up. I love not suffering with the migraines for the first time in 50 years, but I need to know for sure if Ajovy is causing what I believe to be these side effects.”

Kim · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I have been on Ajovy for a little over a year. In that year, I have gained 40lbs. It works great for my migraines though. I am considering going off and back to Emgality. I had less issues with Emgality. The amount of weight I have gained was definitely not from an eating problem. The weight gain is causing more issues physically such as my fibro flares. Probably going to go back to Emgality. 40lbs weight gain in a year is ridiculous. When I take the injection, I feel crummy the next day and just overall yucky for that week after the injection. Great for migraines, but not so good in general on your body.”

Diane · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 12, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “Ajovy has saved my life the past year!!! Works 3 weeks out of 4 wonderfully usually. Take monthly injections. Last week sometimes starts wearing off early.”

Runner910 October 30, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I have been on Ajovy for 5 months and the only side effect I have noticed at heart palpitations (2 episodes lasted about a week each time). Otherwise this has been a game changer for me. I still have gotten a few migraines during the 5 months but I take rizotriptan when they come on and usually within an hour and a nap its gone. I have suffered debilitating cluster migraines for a while and so glad to have found ajovy!”

Miriam · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I used this drug for two months. The first month I had two migraine free weeks, but I had immense bloating, and constipation, triggering horrible acid reflux. Despite this, I carried on, thinking the pain was manageable. The next month the side effects hit way harder, making my acid reflux so bad that I couldn't speak for weeks. I do NOT recommend this drug for anyone who uses their voice frequently or suffers from acid reflux.”

Jojoba · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I had two rounds of Ajovy because I was having constant vestibular migraines. Until I took Ajovy, my symptoms had been unabated for over two months, but they hasn’t been particularly painful: severe dizziness, significant cognitive impairment, tinnitus, and discomfort of the eyes. After the first shot, I added regular migraine symptoms to the list: light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, and pain. After the second shot, the symptoms morphed again, and I started having a sensation that is very hard to describe: it was as if my brain was being squeezed from different directions and it was crackling under the pressure. About 8-10 weeks after the last shot, the weird sensation went away, but I still had the mix of vestibular and regular migraines.”

Sean · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I’ve been on this since the very beginning of the year, a few days (3-4) upon taking monthly dose I’ve gotten Thrush Orally. I’ve never had it before... Their was an issue with a Prior Authorization for my insurance where I basically waited 2 months before I could take a dose where I didn’t get thrush. But when I started again a month ago I got it again and here I am now, writing about it with Thrush. I’m just scared, because how/why there’s no side effects that report this. Other than that though, it’s great, except last month I did have an increase in headaches and I found out that discontinuing you’re more likely to develop rebound headache.”

Anne · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I've done 5 months of Ajovy injections and I'm feeling horrible. This past month I have had an increase in migraines! My weight continues to go up and I have uncharacteristic daily bouts of crying. I cry every single day which is not at all normal for me. I'm dizzy and unsteady from another health condition however, this feels worse.”

Opana August 25, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “This medication should only be taken by those willing to risk losing 6 months of their lives being home bound. In March 2020, I was prescribed Ajovy. I was told the major concerns were constipation and injection site reaction, what the manufacturer's web site stated as well. I took the Ajovy in April & May 2020. In June 2020, I started to experience GI problems, such as bloating, extreme constipation, nausea, heart palpitations, sense of unease and panic, vertigo, joint pain and extreme fatigue. Work up with my PCP in August 2020 showed a 20 lb weight GAIN, elevated LFT's and increased HR from my usual baseline. The only change made in lifestyle or meds in 2020 was the AJOVY.... I am now suffering 3 months after my last dose and would not wish this on anyone. I started with very high hopes with this medication. However, this medication is MUCH WORSE than the migraines.”

Miami · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: ““I’ve been taking Ajovy for 6 months . I’m stopping because I have circulation issues in my legs, knees, feet and hands. Also it causes anxiety and chest pain So, I’ve decided to Stop using Ajovy even that I will miss be without migraine”

Dimples July 27, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I have taken 3 injections of Ajovy. It’s been amazing. Previously I had migraines often and daily headaches. I was eating Excedrine migraine like candy. Now I’ll usually get a mild headache around the 26th day after my injection. I also have arthritis in my wrist, neck and back. Those pains seem to have disappeared also. I am 53 years old and I walk 5 miles daily (Monday through Friday) It’s great to be able to function without headaches.”

Jleigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 23, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “Ajovy did seem to help a little bit with my migraines, however the side effects are definitely not worth it. I have gained over 30 lbs in the 7 months I’ve been on it, despite working out more. I have not changed anything else. It also gives me a rash for about 2 weeks at the injection site. I could get past the rash, but the weight gain is unimaginable.”

Les · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “So I’ve only been taking Ajovy for 2 months. Since taking Ajovy I have experienced the following: Migraine relief BUT constant bloating, stomach problems such as it’s been hard like a rock and swollen like a mans belly after being a beer drinker for years, my ankles are swollen severely and my knees, ankles and leg muscles are achy and sore like I’ve been on a treadmill non stop for a week. I will not be taking any more injections - I think I would rather deal with a migraine then all the side effects of these medications. I have imitrex, sulindac and toradol to help as needed with migraines. I hope my review helps someone else think they are not crazy if they are experiencing these same issues. Have a great day”

MsPain · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “My husband injected my dose of Ajovy 3 days ago. It’s a tiny insulin sized needle. Easy to give in the stomach. That night I had very bad angina. I didn’t sleep and if I did doze off it felt like I fainted in my sleep? Would wake up thinking it was the end. Later the next day that all faded and I was fine. Until that night and a migraine set in. Day 3 I can’t get rid of it. Fioricet and Advil and nurtec are all weak against this strong pain. I’m laying here absolutely miserable. My migraines are excruciating with this feeling of exploding brains if I dare move and sounds are like knives. I was at least hoping for lessening severity. Didn’t happen.”

Sasha C. June 30, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I’ve had migraines for about 10 years now. They are hereditary, passed down from my mom and grandmother. I started taking Ajovy almost 2 years ago. It has been life changing for my headaches; however, I’m starting to have crazy symptoms and I am wondering if anyone else has had the same. Extreme dizziness (feels like I’m on a boat rocking), pressure in top of head, hair loss, a little trouble getting the words out of my mouth, a little confusion and terrible anxiety. I’ve stopped taking Ajovy to see if that could be the culprit; however, I’m only 1 month out and wondering how long this could take to get out of my system? I read Aimovig takes 5 months. I plan to visit the doctor soon, but wondering if anyone has experienced this?”

Ave June 29, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I’ve been taking Ajovy almost 2 years. I’m stopping because although it mostly got rid of my daily headaches (Hemicrania Continua) I’ve gained 17 pounds, I have circulation issues in my legs, knees, feet and hands. Also it causes more anxiety and exhaustion. So, I’ve decided to take myself off. I guess there’s always pros and cons to all medications but these side effects are really upsetting. Sad because the shots really got rid of my headache. Btw I’m a female in my 50s.”

SM · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “Took first shot 5/1/2020. Within two weeks I had extreme heart palpitations, high blood pressure (I normally have low blood pressure) shortness of breath and stomach issues. I actually called 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack. I don’t have a history of cardiac problems at all. I was advised by the cardiologist who saw me in the hospital not to take it anymore. It didn’t help my chronic daily migraine anyway.”

Donna Lea · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 1, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I was on the Ajovy shot for 11 months. It ABSOLUTELY got rid of my migraines (went from 15 migraines a month to less than 1 a month). BUT I gained 20 pounds not sure if it is from the Ajovy or from going off the Topamax or both. And the scariest part of all was that on multiple occasions, my neck was seize up and I would lose range of motion...it was like the migraine was “stuck” in my neck. I had to go for physical therapy. It was there that my PT suggested going off the Ajovy and trying to address the mechanical (cervicogenic) issues that were perhaps causing the migraines. With regular PT treatment and stretching, I am almost migraine-free again! No more scary neck issues. And I don’t have to worry about any long-term unknown side effects from Ajovy.”

Miss Pockets · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 18, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I’ve been on Ajovy for about a year now. The first 6 months were a breeze! Worked great, helps control my chronic migraine & had little to no side affects. Now I’m struggling a bit with weight but nothing super drastic, the most notably change is for the 48-72hrs post injection I have tenderness & often a slightly irritating rash at the injection spot. Creams and rotating the injection sight has helped and my neurologist wasn’t alarmed at the news or images of the slight rash. In the long haul all meds have their draw back. This med has been quite helpful and other then having to learn how to stab my self on a monthly basis the reduced migraine & migraine related struggles has been well worth the minor discomfort.”

Carmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “So I’m two months into this medication and although it’s been great for my migraines, it’s caused me to feel very faint, increased vertigo and tingling in my face. I ended up in the ER and everything came out normal and this has been the only new medication so I’m going to stop it and see if I feel better. Needless to say, I’m so disappointed and sad.”

Kb · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “It has changed my life, other than being tired first 24 hours and mild hair loss, this drug has given me my life back ..headaches seem to be "wanna be migraines " but just can't break through”

Tori · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “Went from 15 headaches a month to one a week. Am able to enjoy things I used to not be able too. Go on vacations and no longer lose a day or two to migraines. No side effects. A complete game changer for me”

No good February 8, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I am a 43 year old male who has never had any serious illness my whole life. I started suffering from vestibular migraines about 8 months ago my neurologist talked me into taking Ajovy injections. The first 2 months went ok with almost no dizziness from migraines only some slight neck pain and slight anxiety. Month 3 started getting worse with anxiety , depression and panic attacks, also PVCs (causing heart palpitations). I went in four my fourth shot prepared to tell neurologist I wanted out but instead let him convince me to try one more shot! Now here I am with severe anxiety, body aches, horrible crazy nightmares, elevated BP, migraines, heart PVCs blurred vision and have had to go to a physiatrist and get put on Librium to just try to pull through. The only warning is possible rash at injection site, I would give anything for that to be true. Counting days until it out of my system!”

Super~Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2020

Ajovy (fremanezumab) for Migraine Prevention: “I am a 59 year old Male and have been on Ajovy for 6 months now and here's my experience. It works great for 2 weeks after the injection then on day 13, 14 or 15 the migraines are back and severe. I have been suffering from severe fatigue and must rest/nap after 9 or 10 hours awake since my 2nd dose of Ajovy. Now at 6 months I am starting to suffer from vertigo if I stand or move too quickly. Although I have fewer migraine days per month, I am not nearly satisfied with results and side effects. Will be looking into other options.”