Is sunburn a side effect of prednisone? Should I avoid being in the sun while taking prednisone?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
I am frequently out in the sun during the day. Is this going to be a problem while taking prednisone?
No, you do not need to avoid being in the sun while taking Prednisone as it does not have increased sensitivity to the sun as a listed side effect.
However, you should follow everyday sun safe techniques such as using sunscreen and covering up to reduce sun damage to your skin.
You can view a comprehensive list of prednisone side-effects here: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html
Related Medical Questions
- What is considered a high dose of prednisone?
- Can you drink alcohol with prednisone?
- How long can you take prednisone safely?
- Do i take all 6 prednisone pills at once on the first day?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone - What's the difference between them?
- How long does it take for prednisone to work?
- Prednisone vs Prednisolone - What's the difference?
- I just took 800 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg of prednisone. Is that going to be ok?
- How long does it take prednisone to get out of your system?
- What are the side effects of steroids?
- Why does prednisone cause weight gain?
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen right after taking prednisone?
- Can prednisone raise blood pressure?
- Why is prednisone prescribed with Zytiga?
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)