Is sunburn a side effect of prednisone? Should I avoid being in the sun while taking prednisone?
I am frequently out in the sun during the day. Is this going to be a problem while taking prednisone?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
No, you do not need to avoid being in the sun while taking Prednisone as it does not have increased sensitivity to the sun as a listed side effect.
However, you should follow everyday sun safe techniques such as using sunscreen and covering up to reduce sun damage to your skin.
You can view a comprehensive list of prednisone side-effects here: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html
Related Medical Questions
- Prednisone - if my prescription says take 6 pills on the first day do I take all 6 at once?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Prednisone vs Prednisolone - What's the difference?
- Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone - What's the difference between them?
- How long does it take prednisone to get out of your system?
- I just took 800 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg of prednisone. Is that going to be ok?
- What are the side effects of steroids?
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)