Is it safe to take ibuprofen right after taking prednisone?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 12, 2020.
This is not always the case though. You can limit your risk by taking the tablets with a meal.
If you were to experience any side effects such as unusual bleeding, stomach pain, tarry stools or dizziness then you should tell your doctor immediately. Sometimes the Doctor may be another medication to help protect the stomach with the ibuprofen.
Make sure your doctor is aware of your history. If you are concerned please talk to your Doctor to voice your concerns.
For more information see the following interaction report.
Related medical questions
- What is considered a high dose of prednisone?
- Can you drink alcohol with prednisone?
- How long can you take prednisone safely?
- How long does it take for prednisone to work?
- Do i take all 6 prednisone pills at once on the first day?
- Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone - What's the difference between them?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Prednisone vs Prednisolone - What's the difference?
- Does prednisone cause rapid heart rate?
- I just took 800 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg of prednisone. Is that going to be ok?
- Why does prednisone cause weight gain?
- How long does it take prednisone to get out of your system?
- What are the side effects of steroids?
- Can prednisone raise blood pressure?
- Why is prednisone prescribed with Zytiga?