Is it safe to take ibuprofen right after taking prednisone?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 2, 2023.
This is not always the case though. You can limit your risk by taking the tablets with a meal.
If you were to experience any side effects such as unusual bleeding, stomach pain, tarry stools or dizziness then you should tell your doctor immediately. Sometimes the Doctor may be another medication to help protect the stomach with the ibuprofen.
Make sure your doctor is aware of your history. If you are concerned please talk to your Doctor to voice your concerns.
For more information see the following interaction report.
Related medical questions
- Can you take Ibuprofen if you have COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Naproxen vs ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- Meloxicam vs Ibuprofen, what's the difference?
- What's the difference between aspirin and ibuprofen?
- Aleve vs Ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- Can you take ibuprofen on an empty stomach?
- Can you take expired ibuprofen?
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- Acetaminophen vs Ibuprofen: Which is better?
- Can you take tramadol with acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or aspirin?
- Can you drink alcohol with ibuprofen?