User Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Pain

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex Anjeso

Meloxicam Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Meloxicam

Becca · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2020

“meloxicam does not work for me. Have spinal stenosis and this does nothing. Well it does do one thing which IS KEEP ME UP ALL NIGHT LONG! Do not take if you have trouble sleeping. I will never take this again!”

Sky · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

“I have been taking meloxicam for two weeks for knee pain stiffness and it worked good for the pain but the side effects are not good..stomach cramps and dark stool..I stopped taking it”

Toni · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2020

“I have pain in my right leg.. This drug meloxicam was prescribed to me at 10mg, did nothing. The over counter pain relievers were better.”

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 17, 2020

“My pain issues are from 7 herniated discs, degenerative back disease, arthritis in my hips, and saying this medication meloxicam gave me my life back is not an exaggeration. I was using an ace bandage to keep bags of ice on my lower back almost all day. Applying bio freeze all day long. Sleep was almost impossible no matter what I did. Within 4 days of starting meloxicam I was able to weed my flowerbeds ( had been hiring a service for 2 years because it was excruciating) I sleep through the night and wake up bit stiff, but not sore.”

Neena · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

“I have had lower R back/hip pain for several years. It was increasingly interfering with daily activities and some days I could barely walk and trying to get to sleep at night was torture. My Dr gave me Meloxicam, 15mg. Almost pain-free after one dose. And after 2nd day I had complete pain relief. Unfortunately I developed bilateral lower edema. I stopped taking the med a few days ago and the edema has resolved. Tonight I will try 7.5mg. Hoping I can still get relief without the side effects. Definite 10/10 without the side effects.”

Kristi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2020

“This brand did not work well for me. Some days I felt as though I had not taken anything at all.”

MoFirefighter · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

“Retired Missouri Firefighter after 40 yrs, now 60 yoa, been on many OTC pain relievers for years, only one or two helped occasionally. Injured my lower back on a rescue call 38 yrs ago, lower back pain since, now sciatic pain in both hips daily, joint pain in my hands, fingers, wrists, knees from injuries on fire calls over the yrs, now degenerative disc disease, my doctor recommended I try Meloxicam...I took it that evening at 5 pm. I realize it may not work for others, but OMGosh...it works WONDERS for me !! He prescribed it for my back pain...let me tell you, it WORKS on ALL my pains and the relief starts within 15 minutes of taking it, and get this, lasts for more than 24 hours a day !! Found out one day when I ran out recently and couldn't get the pharmacy to refill it for a couple of days...one pill for me lasts for about 28 hours...helps me sleep better too...I am on this for life and I can do anything I want all day long, without pain and no side effects...I feel blessed !!”

Jerry · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

“I’ve tried & quit meloxicam twice. Both times I couldn’t handle side effects after about 5-6 days. It did help with hip pain, but not worth it. I’m switching to thee 800mg ibuprofen per day or only as needed. I’m scheduled for replacement soon.”

Looking for relief · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

“I have been taking Meloxicam for about 2 weeks now for a torn shoulder muscle (labrum). The 15mg I am prescribed is absolutely useless. I'm gonna try doubling and pray that it helps. This opioid crisis is scaring doctors from prescribing a true pain reliever. Last 30 years Drs prescribing left and right and now when it is really needed they are scared. Im very upset.”