User Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Pain

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex, Anjeso

Meloxicam has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 58% reported a negative effect.

Meloxicam Rating Summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 1440 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Meloxicam

MoFirefighter · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

“Retired Missouri Firefighter after 40 yrs, now 60 yoa, been on many OTC pain relievers for years, only one or two helped occasionally. Injured my lower back on a rescue call 38 yrs ago, lower back pain since, now sciatic pain in both hips daily, joint pain in my hands, fingers, wrists, knees from injuries on fire calls over the yrs, now degenerative disc disease, my doctor recommended I try Meloxicam...I took it that evening at 5 pm. I realize it may not work for others, but OMGosh...it works WONDERS for me !! He prescribed it for my back pain...let me tell you, it WORKS on ALL my pains and the relief starts within 15 minutes of taking it, and get this, lasts for more than 24 hours a day !! Found out one day when I ran out recently and couldn't get the pharmacy to refill it for a couple of days...one pill for me lasts for about 28 hours...helps me sleep better too...I am on this for life and I can do anything I want all day long, without pain and no side effects...I feel blessed !!”

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 17, 2020

“My pain issues are from 7 herniated discs, degenerative back disease, arthritis in my hips, and saying this medication meloxicam gave me my life back is not an exaggeration. I was using an ace bandage to keep bags of ice on my lower back almost all day. Applying bio freeze all day long. Sleep was almost impossible no matter what I did. Within 4 days of starting meloxicam I was able to weed my flowerbeds ( had been hiring a service for 2 years because it was excruciating) I sleep through the night and wake up bit stiff, but not sore.”

Looking for relief · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

“I have been taking Meloxicam for about 2 weeks now for a torn shoulder muscle (labrum). The 15mg I am prescribed is absolutely useless. I'm gonna try doubling and pray that it helps. This opioid crisis is scaring doctors from prescribing a true pain reliever. Last 30 years Drs prescribing left and right and now when it is really needed they are scared. Im very upset.”

Neena · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

“I have had lower R back/hip pain for several years. It was increasingly interfering with daily activities and some days I could barely walk and trying to get to sleep at night was torture. My Dr gave me Meloxicam, 15mg. Almost pain-free after one dose. And after 2nd day I had complete pain relief. Unfortunately I developed bilateral lower edema. I stopped taking the med a few days ago and the edema has resolved. Tonight I will try 7.5mg. Hoping I can still get relief without the side effects. Definite 10/10 without the side effects.”

PainMgmtPatient October 1, 2020

“I’ve had several MRIs, 4 different very invasive surgeries, & have been on several pain medications prescriptions eg hydrocodone, oxy & otc extra strength Tylenol, ibuprofen, etc. I was skeptical about my prescription of meloxicam 7.5 mg. But I decided to give it a try. I have several discs out in my back. It’s excruciating for me to bend over and pick things up or hold something slightly heavy. I tried meloxicam and within 30 minutes I felt so much better. My back wasn’t aching, I was able to actually get things done. Extra strength Tylenol is great but it wears off rather quickly and I hate that I have to take acetaminophen everyday, several times a day. Another reason I was skeptical of meloxicam was because it said you’re not supposed to mix it with coffee, and I am an AVID coffee drinker daily. I highly recommend you give this a try if you have chronic pain like I do. It’s a medication that will completely take away your pain without any addictive qualities to it.”

Jerry · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

“I’ve tried & quit meloxicam twice. Both times I couldn’t handle side effects after about 5-6 days. It did help with hip pain, but not worth it. I’m switching to thee 800mg ibuprofen per day or only as needed. I’m scheduled for replacement soon.”

Becca · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2020

“meloxicam does not work for me. Have spinal stenosis and this does nothing. Well it does do one thing which IS KEEP ME UP ALL NIGHT LONG! Do not take if you have trouble sleeping. I will never take this again!”

Frustrated1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2020

“Already taking hydrocodone for chronic pain and I don't want to increase my dosage. My Dr. prescribed meloxicam as an opiate adjunct but it does absolutely nothing. I find ibuprofen to be far more effective. Scary thing is most specialists I've seen try to replace the hydrocodone script while touting meloxicam's effectiveness. They need to read some of these reviews...”

Elizabeth · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

“I was having knee pain and some swelling in knee, my Orthopedic prescribe Meloxicam, I took only 1 pill 15 mg and not only did it kept me up all night, I had horrible nightmare and woke up with my head feeling heavy. This is the worst medication I have every taken. He proscribed 30 pills, well the rest of 29 is in the garbage.”

Endowarrior · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2020

“I've taken meloxicam for pain from endometriosis for about 6 months now. I used to take it with a different manufacturer, but insurance made me change pharmacies which in turn changed to this manufacturer. Almost immediately, once I started taking this manufacturer's pills, all of my previous symptoms of pain and inflammation came back. It is almost like I'm not even taking the meloxicam anymore. I am now having to pay for it out of pocket so that I can actually get medication that works. It is crazy how much can change from manufacturer to manufacturer. If it doesn't work for you with this one, try another. I like ZYD the best.”

Pinched nerve pain · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2021

“Taking 15 mg Meloxicam for pinched nerve until they can do injection or surgery. Takes 2 hours to kick in after taking it and then it wears off around the 20 hr mark making it impossible to sleep. I wait exactly 24 hr to take the next dose since it says 1 x per day, but that leaves me in pain 6 hr/day. I can take tylenol they say, but that lasts maybe 2 hours with the pain I have. I would need 6 tylenol just to get through these last 6 hrs.”

Guinea Pig · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 5, 2021

“I had sciatica pain from my buttocks down to my foot. The pain in my butt was very bad. I could not walk more than a few feet some days. Prior to this I was walking 3 or 4 miles several times per week. Went to many sessions of physical therapy which did nothing. Doc prescribed opioids, gabapentin, methacarbamol (SP?) and I was taking ibuprofen. I was popping pills constantly for MONTHS! They did nothing to relieve the pain. At this point, they did not know what was wrong with me. I thought I had piriformis syndrome based on internet videos. Finally had an MRI that showed the LARGE bulge in L5/S1. Got a cortisone injection in the buttock muscle. That TOTALLY stopped the pain for about 10 minutes, then it gradually returned over a period of days/weeks. Then doc prescribed one 15mg tablet of Meloxicam/day. After a couple of weeks, the pain was gone, except for some minor tingling and foot numbness. I should have gotten a discectomy. Now my insurance deductible is too high!”

Jedi mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2021

“Doctor prescribed this to help with some of my severe chronic pain in hip, knee, and foot. At first I was amazed The pain was eased within a few days. However I gained 8 pounds in seven days with no changes to my diet. Now it has been 30 days and I’m about 12 pounds up from my original weigh. Not sure that this is worth risk and additional weight. I am going to talk to my doctor about some alternative. Disappointed!! pain relief was so good but can’t afford to gain more weight :(”

Teal blue · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 19, 2021

“It definitely helps me so much with my chronic pain. I can also take it daily and there is a lot less risk of GI complications however I know it’s still a possibility. When I forget doses I definitely feel it because my pain increases but there is no detox or horrible symptoms as it’s not addictive. It’s nice because it works well and doesn’t make me feel funny like narcotics. I've been on it for 2ish years and it still works the the same as when I first started taking it! I take 15 mg tablet.”

stud · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2021

“I had surgery on my ankle about 7 years ago for ligament repair. 4 years ago also I had suture removal and granuloma. A couple weeks ago I went back to the surgeon and he prescribed me meloxicam an it hasn't helped at all. It has been past the 2 weeks and that is when the pills are supposed to kick in.”

sheppards · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2021

“I was recently diagnosed with tennis elbow. My MD prescribed Meloxicam. Two hours after taking it I started experiencing intolerable leg pain (pain like I have never experienced), flu like symptoms (chills mild fever), fatigue, loss of appetite, loss of interest in work/hobbies, mild nausea. I discontinued the medicine twelve days ago. While side effects have improved, I'm still experiencing some. I can honestly say that I have never felt this bad in my life.”

Walker23 · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2021

“I suffered from sudden foot pain (probably a stress fracture). Aleve was working for me but my podiatrist put me on meloxicam since my stomach was not bothered by the Aleve. After the first day, I had a very upset stomach. I did take the meloxicam for a second day but was chewing Tums constantly so my stomach wasn't so upset. I stopped taking it after day 2. On the bright side, I had no pain in my foot for a few days. Now, I have some slight foot pain, but I'll live with that until the foot is healed.”

Sky · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

“I have been taking meloxicam for two weeks for knee pain stiffness and it worked good for the pain but the side effects are not good..stomach cramps and dark stool..I stopped taking it”

Toni · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2020

“I have pain in my right leg.. This drug meloxicam was prescribed to me at 10mg, did nothing. The over counter pain relievers were better.”

Kristi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2020

“This brand did not work well for me. Some days I felt as though I had not taken anything at all.”

C2021 February 2, 2021

“meloxicam caused side effect of a severe reddish/purplish rash on face like someone slapped me or I got a horrible sunburn.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2020

“I was prescribed meloxicam for my intense shoulder pain. It doesn't relieve much pain. On top of that I can't sleep.”

SDier · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2021

“I was prescribed Meloxicam for lower back pain (tailbone and pelvis). I'm on day 3 or 4 and am not seeing any relief at all. It's like I haven't taken anything.”

jaidentelford · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 18, 2021

“Prescribed 7.5mg tablets, take 1-2 a day. I usually take 2. This medication is not at all effective for pain (in comparison to say oxycodone 5mg) and I plan on discontinuing it soon.”

Anonymous December 5, 2021

“Doesn’t work. No relief for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Been taking for over a week with no noticeable relief”