User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Meloxicam Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 364 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"I. Have had back pain for years now. About a month ago my doctor gave me melodic am 15 mg. by the end of the month I was feeling very weak and in pain. I was having pain in the middle of my stomach and the. It subsided. A week later I experienced weakness and feeling like I was going to pass out. When I told my doctor he said he did. It know why I was feeli this way. The same day I developed diarrhea and it was black this continued to the next day. I called for an appointment because I was feeling worst. I was admitted to the hospital and I was told I was bleeding and ihave three ulcers. Two gastric and one peptic and every doctor said it came from the meloxicam. It was destroying my stomach. I will never use it again."

Tiny 2 June 6, 2016

"I am a 65 year old male and was given meloxicam for pain in my hands.The med did not reduce my pain for awhile. I had taken for more than 4 months.and noticed that my skin would bruise easily. any cuts on my body would take a long time to heal. I am not diabetic. When my rectum started bleeding,I was told to use an over counter laxative. which helped I just thought I was getting older and this was to be expected. I then read about side-effects and decided to quit taking meloxicam. within a couple of weeks my cuts and bruises healed up. The pain in my hands is coming back, but the side effects were worse for me. I read other peoples comments on line and they seem to love this med.Everyone is different. If it works for you , Great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): "Developed a significant limp from severe arthritic pain in right foot. Since taking mobic for 2 weeks the pain has virtually disappeared. I have my life back."

Mjimenez05 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): "I have taken Mobic sporadically for the last 3 years. I only take it when I'm really in pain and cannot manage the pain through natural methods. It helps me to sleep, and it helps the pain in my hands and hip. I do not feel groggy when I wake up, but sometimes I am stiff and hurting from sleeping so deeply."

JodyE (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): "Have been taking it for 2 weeks and now wake up stiff and in a lot of pain. I can barely walk because I have arthritis in my ankle I'm going to have to go back to my other medicine because this one does not work at all for me."

Nicole1920 (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

"When first diagnosed with RA I was prescribed Mobic 15mg a day. Yes it did help but pain returned (hands especially acutely followed by knees). I was then precribed Methotrexate 15 mg x 1 a week but after 1 year reduced that to 10mg. After a severe fall and discloation to my knee, torn meniscus, I began to use Mobic as PRN and now I find it reliably reduces the pain in my knees if I am having a bad time. 1 tablet reduces the pain by 75% for at least 10 hours."

Solonos September 26, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam): "Dry Mouth Severe Gum Soreness and pain"

Himshah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

"For years I suffered pain in my back, hips, right knee, shoulders, and feet. I was told I had osteoarthritis and placed on numerous different medicines to no avail. I switched doctors and learned I had rheumatoid arthritis. He placed me on Mobic for two weeks until I could see a rheumatologist. Within 24 hours I could tell a difference. My pain was minimal and my mobility increased tremendously without excruciating pain. My rheumatologist added methotrexate along with Mobic and I feel like a new woman! This medication literally changed my life and mentality. My 7 year old son can't believe mommy can get out and play with him again. The only side effect that I have noticed is weight gain. I'm hoping to control that eventually."

MissKy01 September 30, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam): "I had no effects, I actually had more pain and no effects on the swelling"

Anonymous August 17, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam): "Was on Voltaren for months. Maybe my body got used to it and maybe it will also get used to this but this is a miracle. I had 9 places with pain. After I pop this pill (15mg) I feel great within an hour and even more amazing throughout the day and into the night. Probably a good 12 hrs of relief. I got to find a way to eat in the morning and take it. Currently I'm taking it with a big lunch but miserable in the morning after it wears off from the day before and before I take it that day. This makes me feel normal. Especially my fingers."

monkeyheadchb55 December 19, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I needed a cost friendly medication for rheumatoid arthritis so my doctor started me on Meloxicam. The first week I noticed improvement with the rheumatoid arthritis. However, for the last two months of taking Meloxicam I noticed changes; Increased blood pressure, Sugar levels in the 300s, nausea, fatigue, anxiety, & shaking. It got to were I couldn't walk 10 ft without my BP instantly rise and labored breathing. I was one of the unlucky ones that has negative reactions to a medicine that took away the pain."

Cantfindagoodnickname September 26, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam): "Immediate improvements in my joint arthritis level was noticed within 3 days and I've been able work regular hours."

Dr_Dennis (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam): "I had been on Relafen for years for my osteoarthritis, and I just discovered this summer that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was still on the Relafen and had driven a long ways to see one of my doctors, and the RA was so bad in my knees and feet that it was becoming difficult to walk. I called my Orthopedic Surgeon, and they changed my NSAID from Relafen to Mobic, and within an hour of taking the Mobic, I had relief. What a difference it has made for me! It made such a difference with the inflammation in my joints, and made it easier for me to walk. After taking the Mobic for a few days, I had improved greatly. I have had no stomach or intestinal issues from the medication."

Relief Within an Hour! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on Meloxicam for three years, and it works very well for arthritis in your hands or fingers. It is very inexpensive. The only side effect may be a little tiredness if you take it every day."

edward71355 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2013

"I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 10 years, was in remission in my early 30s and around 32/33 began having serious pain and swelling in my hands. I also began to have severe pain in my hips and wrists last Summer, 2011 to Fall. Began taking Meloxixam in October of 2011 and once very slight flare up in my thumb in the first week and since?! Absolutely no PAIN! I'm still a bit in shock, but will not "look a gift horse in the mouth"."

Anonymous March 2, 2012

Mobic (meloxicam): "Mobic has helped considerably with pain relief but I now suffer from severe insomnia which I put down to Mobic as I am not on any other medicines."

Anonymous November 14, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam): "I've had good success with pain relief using Mobic."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam): "My husband took Mobic for psoriatic arthritis, and it made him extremely ill, and gave him almost no pain relief. "

Anonymous May 7, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam): "I have been on Mobic (or some generic form) for 3 years now for PsA - Psoriatic Arthritis. During this time, I got quite ill and my GP sent me for a test. I had an MRI and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours. They thought I was having seizures. After 2 years of feeling dreadful only at night my GP took me off the Mobic to settle a stomach upset and I realized that I no longer had any of the neurological effects anymore. Upon mentioning this to my Specialist - he said that the neurological side effects were quite common with Mobic - yet neither of the GP's saw new of them. So just be aware, this can make you feel like you are running slow, your brain may slow down and you might fall over."

GCChriss April 14, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Helped clear up over all joint pain."

Anonymous April 12, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam): "I started taking this medicine to help with carpal tunnel issues I was having. The doctor had me taking 15-30 mg a day, which I see according to this site, is more than I'm supposed to have. It helped the carpel tunnel, and has done wonders for my knee pain. It only helps mildly with my hand pain (arthritis). As far as side effects are that it has affected my bowel motions and I don't always have much warning before I need to take one."

Anonymous May 5, 2010

Mobic (meloxicam): "I had so many problems walking holding stuff in my hand and I start taking this drug that I have never heard of, I started seeing a new doctor that's how I learned about it. It has helped me so much that I get teary eyed just thinking about it. The doctor that I am seeing now may have saved my life."

sickntide October 2, 2009

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam): "Mobic has been a good drug for all the basic inconveniences of arthritis. I was this close to going in for a knee replacement when my Geriatric Specialist offered Mobic. I take Pepcid with it as it is very hard on the stomach, but it has increased my mobility and reduced the pain by 90%. I am very pleased with this drug. Hooray!"

monetscgb July 13, 2009

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate