User Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex Anjeso

Meloxicam Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 306 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Meloxicam

Steeleone · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2020

Mobic (meloxicam): “I have been prescribed 4 different arthritis medicines... Mobic being one of them. Took as directed and took for a minimum of 3 weeks. It didn't help me at all. Steroids seems to be the only thing that help. Had fluid removed from both knees within a week of each other, and then knee surgery (subchondroplasty) in February. I have found no surgery and no medicine has helped. Within a couple days of being off the steroids, both my knees will swell up and I have to use a walker or crutches to walk more than 2 feet.”

Jc · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

“I have been using meloxicam 15mg for knees and shoulder pain for over one month with no relief.”

gonecrazytoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

“This medication was given to me by my physician last fall. Absolutely USELESS. I am not big on pain medications in the first place, so to be given on that is useless is very disappointing. I would NOT recommend this medication to ANYONE with RA. It helped a small bit with Osteo.”

Polly October 18, 2019

“After a year-and-a-half on meloxicam I figured out why I was so puffy mean and snappy "PMS" I gained 50 lbs. I was so very angry. I stay bruised all the time. Always wanted to eat and I normally eat once a day. unfortunately it did not work for me. My joints are still swollen had better results with ibuprofen when I was taking way too many of them but when the benefits outweigh the risk you do what you got to do. After meloxicam I went back to ibuprofen but only 800mg three times a day”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

“I have been taking this for about three weeks. To begin with, the pain seemed reduced and I noticed a larger range of movement with hands and knees. However, the side effects by the third week were; ringing in my ears, nausea and sometimes headaches upon waking, gastro-intestinal pains, diahorrea and even weird bladder (similar to UTI). Discontinuing use and letting my Dr. know.”

BF1964 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 9, 2019

“This drug is a life saver for me, I have Lupus and RA. I see a lot of people on here complaining of gaining weight, I actually lost weight when I began to take it, 30 lbs, my inflammation numbers, CRP and Sed Rate were 3 times what they were supposed to be. I recently did find out the hard way that you do gain weight with this medication if you are taking a blood pressure medication with a diuretic in it (HCTZ and others) it causes swelling. You shouldn't be taking this NSAID with any diuretics so talk to your dr about that. ”

Lyricalpursuit · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

“I tried this (7.5 mg once day) in hopes of reducing the pain in my hip that is limiting my activity, productivity, and quality of life. The first dose left me feeling slightly drunk or high. The following days brought abdominal pain, gas, and more frequent bathroom trips. These symptoms continued in addition to feeling tired, short of breath, and lightheaded. On day 8 started I experienced several episodes of extreme shortness of breath, light headedness, warm/cold chills and tingling, in addition to stomach distress. I realized all of these symptoms couldn't be a coincidence and decided to discontinue before ever realizing any relief. I'm glad it works for many people but for me, the side effects and health risks are worse than the pain.”

Nikki · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

“I'm taking 15 Mg of Meloxicam in addition to Enbrel. Feel much better and can actually drive/eat/brush my hair now. Unspecified Spondyloarthritis but rheum is leaning toward seronegative RA.”

MissyR1971 · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

“Omg meloxicam is a miracle drug for me! Let me tell you that I’m 48 and my legs and knee were hurting so bad that I could hardly function, I could barely go up the stairs in my home. My back was killing me too, but it was my legs! My god! I thought I was doomed to live this way forever until I die. Until I went to my doctor and told her my legs were hurting so bad I couldn’t deal with it anymore! She prescribed me meloxicam 7.5 mg. I got it filled thinking ok I’ll try but didn’t have any faith that it would work. Let me just tell you within 2 days of taking it in the morning with my coffee the pain is completely gone! My legs do not hurt anymore. Remember to take it with food to protect your stomach and drink lots of water while on this medicine. It will work.”

Abcde December 7, 2018

“Used 7.5mg now for most of 2018, Meh... It helps some but at 51 years old working outside this winter in OK not overly effective. Elbow joint pain intense on the outside... is that tennis elbow?! It has helped some on my shoulder and neck areas, so: Overall a 6-7 on pain relief”

drew June 24, 2018

“Thanks to my Doctor I felt great after 1 dose of 7.5mg meloxicam. We'll see how it goes. Makes me want to hit the gym . Feel great. WALMART 4.00”

Kimbo · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2018

“So far so good. No bleeding, pains are a lower, I can move so much better. Doctor paired this with prednisone and seems to be working. Don't take without food. I take first thing in morning with my other meds especially prednisone which won't let me sleep. I have been feeling better. Still nap in afternoon. So glad it's helping. I'll keep posting as needed. No side effects except a bit of stomach upset when I first started, after first week, that disappeared.”

Lynn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 25, 2018

“I took Meloxicam for awhile for my RA but I feel like it made my menstrual cycles worse , so after 8 months I tried something else. Also, it really hurt my guts, mostly lower abdomen , very sharp gas like pains while on it.”

MSB2U · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 3, 2018

“Been taking for going on 2 months. Started out on 7.5mg and primary care Doctor increased to 15mg. Does not do anything for me. Still have swelling in hands, feet and wrist. Still in pain, Aleve works better than Mobic for me. Can't get in to see a rheumatologist till May. There has to be something out there better than Mobic.”

Stacy March 4, 2018

“Taking meloxicam is like trying to hide a sink full of dirty dishes with a dish towel. Very ineffective and no one is fooled.”

RZ · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2017

“I took one 7.5 mg pill at 8 a.m. and at 4 p.m. I started getting a headache, felt nauseous and had serious stomach problems. The side effects really scared me.”

Sensy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2017

“Once I started taking melocicam along with my disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARD's) medicine, I felt like a new person, like I could run around the block. I was so thankful. Now I can do my house work without feeling pain or having to stop/rest.”

claress · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2017

“just started taking meloxicam. My concern is weight gain can any one explain”

Leeman66 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2017

“I had extreme sciatica pain radiating down my left leg to my foot. Only opioids would take away the pain. I didn't want to be addicted to opioids so my back and bone doctor suggested that I try Meloxicam 15mg once a day. After four days of taking the meds all of my pain was gone and not just my leg but generally all over my body. I have just been through chemo and hormone therapy for cancer. The only side effect is mild upset stomach. I strongly advise eating something before taking the medicine.”

Twin #1 January 30, 2017

“60 yrs old and have severe arthritis in both hands.Difficulty holding objects, joint pain,swelling and PAIN.This drug did absolutely nothing to relieve any of this.After 4weeks I have experienced a lot of weight gain,fatigue, dry mouth,insomnia. Prior to taking Mobic I was ok.Epsom salts does more than this drug with NO side effects”

Neecie85 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2016

“I was prescribed this medication due to my rheumatoid arthritis but I have also had plantar fasciitis for over a year. This has literally taken away at least 80% of my pain on my feet. I'm able to be active again.”

Lower back pain arthritisL3-5 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 26, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): “I have tried mobic for quite some time and just recently switched to celebrex. Pros mobic is cheap but ineffective. Pain is still horrible. When I switched to celebrex made a huge difference. Con of celebrex is its expensive but effective.”

BARKER222 October 19, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): “Took Mobic after 2 days had to go to the ER,had bad rash, eye & face swelling.really terrible drug for me.”

Shondac September 22, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): “Works ok”

brina62 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2016

“I found this drug to not give me any relief at all..I'm so disappointed bcuz I've heard a lot about how good it has worked for others”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)