User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Meloxicam Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 231 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Osteoarthritis

"Very effective in greatly reducing from spondylolithesis so far"

EdPsyDr August 14, 2016

"I was placed on 15mg/day of Meloxicam for inflammation of Soras mucle, related groin pain and instability of my SI joint. I only took it for a week but stopped because of the side effects; 5 lb weight gain, excessive hair loss, etc."

BP1204 August 12, 2016

"Not any observed difference in benefit between Meloxicam and Celebrex which I have taken for years. What I have noticed is MASSIVE HAIR LOSS. This happened to me when I was on Vioxx, another COX-2 inhibitor (before they took it off the market). Will be going back on Celebrex."

Midwife Barb August 11, 2016

"Taken this for 30 days and no difference with stiff hands. ALEVE did a better job. Back to the Doctor I guess."

Tradervic (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

"Bad news: causes water retention gastric problems and kidney stones in me"

Rany8 May 1, 2016

"75 yrs old and l thought that l had to learn to live with the constant ache and debilitating stiffness from osteoarthritis in neck, back, thumbs, knees and ankles. After all, there are many more people worse off. Mobic is a magic pill - only 7.5 mg once or 2xs a day and l have my life back. I can exercise, do household chores, and stand longer than 10 or 15 minutes to cook or do dishes."

born again (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): "I have arthritis in my neck from C4 to C6 plus severe TMJ. I suffered with constant pain in my neck and jaw joints during the past year. My doctor prescribed mobic and within 3 days the pain and swelling in my neck and jaws disappeared. It was almost like a miracle. Tried every over the counter anti inflammatory with no luck. I have had no stomach pain so far just welcomed relief. I can now work my entire shift with no pain."

Kymdarl (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

"I am experiencing side effect of diarrhea after 5 day. Still having pain Don't know if it's going to be worth all the diarrhea"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

"This medicine actually helps me feel 20 years younger...I ran out for a couple of days and I realized just how much this medicine works for me...without it after about an hour of being on my feet my lower back and hips start aching like toothache pain...with this medicine I usually can work all day and all evening and don't hurt until it's close to bedtime and time for the next dose...so thankful my doctor was able to call in a prescription before my next appointment...love love this medicine"

Tammy 1971 April 7, 2016

"Really relieved stiffness and took edge off the pain."

Guinney March 1, 2016

"I was told by my previous doctor that I need a knee replacement. I'm only 50. My new specialist said let put it of as long as possible with a treatment plan which included movalis and low impact fitness training. I was shocked at the relief it has given me within days. As he said its not a cure, but oh what a relief."

Me as well February 19, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam): "I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and fingers foot and ankle. I was also diagnosed with a 5th metatarsal stress fracture. Apparently I had the stress fracture for at least a year but thought it was arthritis. I was prescribed 15 mg of mobic daily by a podiatrist for the stress fracture. Within 1 hour of taking it the pain was almost gone. I had been taking 600-1200 mg of ibuprofen on a bad day of flares, sometimes having to take naproxen instead Mobic allows me restful sleep but it does make me drowsy...I need 10 hours of sleep to recover. However I can take it every other day and it still works on both sharp and dull pain. This in the only NSAID that has worked this well for me and I have taken them all for the past 10 years"

Marianne from TN (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016

"Stopped my pain dead in its tracks. Lots of gas though"

Poolter December 28, 2015

"Got great relief after about 5 days. Don't know how I would have survived back spasms without it. To protect your gut from ulcers etc, you need to ask your doctor to also prescribe a drug called Nexium and take that in the morning and take the Mobic in the evening with food. Shame it is not good to take this drug long term though."

Aussie Di December 7, 2015

"I have tried to use this drug for osteoarthritis several times. Not only does it not work, it gives me heartburn."

Sueb53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

"Ohhhh what a relief like a miracle am worried about long term effects. So far it's been wonderful allowing me to do a lot without pain"

Nancy29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

"I had two total knee replacements. One a year ago and the other almost 2 years ago. I got to a certain point of recovery and never got any better. I was sore every day and the swelling would not leave completely. Three days on Meloxicam, (recommended by a friend who also had TKR) and I am significantly reduced pain not only in my knees but my back. Makes me stomach feel a bit nauseous at times but I'll take that to be able to walk easier with less pain!!!"

DonnaLew October 9, 2015

"On a scale of 1 to 10, my knee pain was a 25! Constant pain, I actually thought I would end up in a wheelchair. Friend suggested I try Meloxicam, as it had worked for him. OMG It took almost a week to work but once it kicked in, it performed a miracle. Before that I couldn't find a comfortable position...it had me in tears and I am a strong person...cannot believe the relief. 10 STARS! THANK YOU MELOXICAM!"

Sparkle Plenty September 25, 2015

"took meloxicam 15mg took 2 hours before I started to have pain relief and lasted 18 hours. Good!!"

15mg dolly34 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2015

"I have tried over a dozen different NSAIDs over the years. The most effective was indomethacin but the side effects make it intolerable. Nothing I have tried works as well as meloxicam with no apparent side effects."

YinFu (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2015

"I went to the doctor with great pain in my knee from broken Cartilage and arthritis. Have been taking ibuprofen around three times a day and it would help some but Just one of these each day after breakfast and I am great. I am 65 years of age a female and played golf yesterday with no pain. So far I am having no side effects but have only been on the med for three days"

Debirdie June 28, 2015

"Meloxicam worked great for my knees for about 4 years. As my arthritis worsened, it didn't work as well. About 3 months ago, I was getting no relief from it. I think it's a good medication for milder pain levels. I experienced no side effects."

Moontiger762 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam): "Does little to nothing."

kalesh (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2015

"I am 63 yr old softball playing male who developed severe knee pain. My orthopedic doctor told me arthritis and wrote me a prescription of 7.5 mg Meloxicam once a day. I tried to get through my week with 2 or 3 pills due to possible bad side effects. I found that it works much better if you take daily. This drug is much better than over the counter meds. I wish the side effects were not so severe but I do enjoy walking and my softball again."

eddyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam): "Reduced my pain by 80% and lets me live a normal life again!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next