User Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Osteoarthritis

Also known as: Mobic, Anjeso, Vivlodex

Meloxicam Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Meloxicam

Syd · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

“It works!!! Nothing else gave me 100% relief of the burning ache in low back. My doctor told me to start taking omeprazole otc when he gave me the prescription for meloxicam since it can be hard on your stomach. No side effects only tremendous pain relief. I take 7.5mg in the morning with breakfast and 7.5mg in evening with dinner. Absolute wonder drug. Wish it had been prescribed to me 2 years ago! It is better than epidural injections, better than prednisone, chiropractor, physical therapy, massages, cold gel packs, muscle relaxers, stretching, advil, tylenol, naproxen, hydrocodone; Meloxicam blew everything else I tried out of the water. I felt it helping within about 3 days and recommend taking with food and starting omeprazole.”

Ba · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“Started meloxicam Jan 07, 2020 felt relief real quick, can't remember minutes to hours, didn't realize hip and knee was feeling better. Don't take daily only taken six pills since Jan no side effects works for me. Still taking med when required”

Arla · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 10, 2019

“I've been taking Meloxicam for about 5 years and it really helps me. I tried to stop taking it but my arthritis pain returned in about 4 days. My doctor monitors my blood work regularly to make sure I have no side effects.”

Ashleyjarrett · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

Mobic (meloxicam): “I have been taking Mobic for knee pain for 2 weeks. Within the first week I noticed fluid on my ankles and lower legs. Then three days ago I started getting itchy welts, on my breast, chest, stomach, arms and legs. They look very very similar to bed bug bites or flea bites and I know without a doubt I do not have ether one. Yes it did wonders for my knee pain I was able to go to the gym and stand for a long time with no problem. I've now stopped the med because I would rather deal with my knee pain than the side effects, as they are worse then the pain. I am looking to see how long it will take for the welts to stop and go away the itching is unbearable!!! I have taken Benadryl and using Cortizone cream I will be calling my doc in the morning. My over all opinion for this med is not to take it because of the side effects. I truly hope this helps someone that is having these side effects!”

Meloxicant October 20, 2019

“Only took meloxicam 4 times. At first I felt it may be working a bit. I think doc gave starter dose. I gained 2lbs. This morning woke up still in lots of pain in back as usual. I am not interested in gaining more weight and getting into stage I obesity again. The pain relief is not any better than OTC medicine. All in all I’ll muscle through my pain without this med. I don’t like the risk profile either internal bleeding - oh no big deal. Not! No thanks next.”

Susan · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2019

“I am 64 and in good health except for some major joint pain in my hips, knees, and ankles. Meloxicam is a miracle drug for me. I have been taking 15mg a day for several months and I am pain free and doing great. I have not had any of the side effects so far either!”

LindeeLou · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 29, 2019

“I started taking these as a way to control arthritic back pain. Another doctor friend told me "that stuff will really put on the weight and you'll never get it off". I never took it again!”

Elf · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

“I have arthritis in my right knee. I am currently taking allopurinol and have been for 17 years due to gout in my left big toe. On the day in question, I took my allopurinol pill in the morning as I have since 2002. In the evening of the same day, at dinner time, I took one tablet of Meloxicam 7.5 mg with dinner. To help with the inflammation in my right knee. Within two hours, my left big toe was causing me terrible pain and looked like a red bulb on a Christmas tree. I am writing this report 24 hours later and my left big toe still hurts like someone stomped on it. I took another pill of allopurinol last night and one this morning, but the pain persists. My advice to you: do NOT take this medicine if you have goût. It will not cure your pain, but will cause you tremendous agony. I only took one dose. Never again!”

Mamaw · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2019

“meloxicam did not help with pain from OA only made me sick to my stomach!”

Punkincat · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2019

“I’ve been taking meloxicam for 4 years. Helped a little with foot pain but I’ve gained 45lbs and could not understand why since I hadn’t changed my eating habits. I’ve been telling doctors about this and they just suggested dieting. One even said just stop eating completely and take supplements like that’s so easy. Not ONCE did they mention weight gain as a side effect of this drug. Not to mention the cardiac and circulatory dangers. Plus internal bleeding that can occur. I’ve learned the hard way to just quit trusting doctors to tell you anything. Be your own health advocate and read everything thing you can find when you’re prescribed any drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

“I was afraid to take it at first, due to lots of negative comments then I decided to start with half dose for a few days then switched to 15 mg. I am having it with food in order to avoid stomach issue and refused to take Omeprazole along with because I don't like using lots of drugs. So far it helped me with my trochanteric bursitis pain. Now I am on my 3rd week like any medicine it has it's own side effects but if you take care of your food then it's not that bad. Yes I feel a little drowsy as soon as I take it but after a while I'm fine...”

David · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 18, 2019

“The 7.5 mg dose of meloxicam was ineffective, but the 15 mg dose reduces my chronic OA pain by 50%. I only take it 3 or 4 days per week when pain is worst. Only side effect so far has been mild indigestion.”

Weasel July 22, 2019

“This medicine did nothing for my pain. It is not worth it. Still had pain 24/7”

Kaykay · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 18, 2019

“I have been taking Meloxicam for more than 9 years for knees, 4 herniated discs and a damaged coccyx. Tried all types of meds but no relief. Only time I stop taking them is when I have a surgical procedure and then I'm a cripple for a week until I start back on.”

Snagsby · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 1, 2019

“I was on this drug for years. Gained about 40 lbs but it did help the pain in my hands, However recently I have been bruising so bad it looks like I've been abused. The bruising definitely got worse over time. I had a scratch on my arm recently that ended up in a 6"x1" bruise. I have other worse bruises. I've stopped taking meloxicam now”

Fancy Feet · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

Mobic (meloxicam): “Severe osteoarthritis of left knee and I'm up on my feet a lot so the pain was unbearable. Was taking vicodin 4 x day, 2 aleve and had absolutely NO relief from pain. Started mobic 7.5 mg on Wed and by Sun I could walk/sleep and NO pain! So any surgery needed can now wait! No side effects as of now...but I plan on decreasing to every other day and definitely take it with a meal”

Ty April 4, 2019

“Been taking this for awhile! I initially was taking OTC meds for the pain when I was 305lbs. I cut my weight down to 265lbs. Now that I’m taking meloxican, my weight has gone back up to 278lb. Same diet with changes here and there and changes in workout (losing weight steadily) BUT NOWWWWW 13lbs!!! In just a month!!!! I’ll take otc. I doubt it works, for me anyhow, STILL WAS IN PAIN”

Yoga Yogi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

“Taking Meloxicam (4 weeks now) for severe pain with hip arthritis. I had lost 65 pounds of fat by hiking 15 miles a week on steep trails at age 65-70. Then got osteoarthritis. My hip pain became intolerable and I could not sleep for 2 weeks. After 15 days with 7.5 mg Meloxicam, the pain improved about 80% and sleeping through the night. However, after 4 weeks, my BP rose from about 130/90 to 150/120. I’m reporting this to my doctor.”

Grand ole flag · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2019

“Well my experience has been so far so good. I can sit criss cross again. Doing all my exercises from therapy, and this is the real kicker. I'm losing weight like nobody's business. I am fitting clothes I haven't worn since my twenties and I am excited. I figure why not start eating healthier and walking more to help? I was over weight at first but I've lost 50lb and then some. So I'm just going to continue eating healthy and drinking water and seeing how much I can lose. The best medicine 2 for one deal!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2018

“This medication is Great! it relieved my knee pain significantly. I'm now able to get up out of chairs and walk much more easily. It has been a life saver for me. I will use it until I get my knee replacement. My pain level has went from 10 to 2. Minor side effects for me.”

HCP · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 14, 2018

“I've been prescribed this medication for years for OA, and it really doesn't do a whole lot for me...but it does do some, since I stopped taking for a while and realized it was about 30% effective.”

horses · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 3, 2018

“I use it along with norco. Meloxicam does work for me. I take my daily norco across the hours of the day and then when there is still a significant gap in pain control, I take the Meloxicam and it does finish and fill the gap. For a few waking hours I feel sorta ok considering how busted up I am. Large back fusion, neck fusion OA with bone spurs in all the weight bearing joints. Trashed knee that bends all directions and now torn ligaments. Broke both wrists 2 years ago and it took over a year and a half for them to heal. They decided I have adult rickets too. Steroid injections help initially but will weaken the ligaments which now are rupturing.”

Anna · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2018

Mobic (meloxicam): “Was prescribed 15mg once a day. It helped to reduce pain a bit so now I can walk but still can't walk for the prolonged time (i.e. 15 mins or so). Unfortunately after 8 days of having it my stomach can't tolerate it anymore...”

Reetz · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2018

“I was started on 15 mg tablets 1 per day for foot, ankle, and hip osteoarthritis. I had minimal nausea at first, then felt okay for about a week with great pain relief, but then side effects kicked it. I was very nauseous and had headaches 6 out of 8 days. I was exhausted by evening and slept a lot. I took the pill as directed, with food. I just discontinued it. So disappointed, because it really reduced pain.”

Lg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 14, 2018

“I agree it's a miracle drug. In my case I've had 2 spine surgeries due to stenosis. After 6 years post op for spinal fusion I had an excruciating pain mid buttock. Pain Dr talked with my surgeon and decided mobic was the answer and it was for a year. My biggest complaint was weight gain. 20 lbs in one year of using so I stopped and pain is back and worse then before. I'll try one every other day to see if I can lose weight but I can't function without it.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)