User Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex, Qmiiz ODT

Meloxicam Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Meloxicam

"Took meloxicam for feet pain. I was finding it hard to walk after inactivity, ie: watching a 2 hour movie, 8 hrs sleep. Dr prescribed and sending me for xrays to see if arthritis or tendon issues. I do have UCTD (undifferentiated connective tissue disease). I took one meloxicam and the neck pain and stiffness I had for months went away within the hour - my feet still hurt. Then that night my SI joint (sacroiliac joint) got out of whack and triggered a spasm in my back and could hardly move. Took a meloxicam and took pain away and could move. I noticed that by the second day taking I have no feet pain. This meloxicam is awesome but scary side effects. I told dr I didn’t even want the Rx. He said just very short term. Now that I know that this is very effective, I will take very cautiously and will only take very, very rarely like if pain would be the cause of calling out of work or I need to get a project done and someone was relying on me"

Mc (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2019

"I have been on this for months for my back. It hasn't done a thing to help with inflammation or arthritis. It's completely ineffective for me. My doctor won't give me something else. With all the medications out there you would think they would have something that could be even more effective."

John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2019

"My rheumatologist said to make sure I take it everyday! I do and I can’t tell that it helps me at all I’m going to stop taking it"

Lisa (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2019

"I have a torn rotator cuff I've been dealing with for 5 months and costocondritis. After my doctor prescribed this just recently I immediately felt better. Within 2 days. I do not experience any side effects so it is a win win for me."

the lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

"Meloxicam has prescribed for me for pain relief yet it does not work. To me it is just wasting money. Why does it not work for me?"

Brownie (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

"Doesn't seem to give me much relief for pain from my knee injury/meniscus surgery, but I am gaining a lot of weight and suspect it's the Meloxicam"

sylvie (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

"I'm glad I looked at this site. I was prescribed Meloxicam 15 mg for acute sciatica. I have taken only two doses. It seems to have helped a little (but not completely) with the pain in my hip joint, lower back and legs but I'm feeling weird and am beginning to feel pain in my stomach and lower GI. After reading these reviews I am going off of it asap and trying ibuprofen in a fairly high dose. Ibuprofen typically works on pain for me and has side effects that are easier to deal with."

brokenheart12 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2019

"I have Degenerative Disk Disease and Fibromyalgia. I took 15 mg. daily for 7 months. Woke up with bad stomach pains and bloating. Now I can't take any anti-inflammatory medicines. This could have caused peritonitis (burst intestines)! Beware!"

DeanDean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2019

"I took this medication for my back and I developed severe heartburn, to a point where I was sick. I looked up the side affects and heartburn was one of them, so I stopped taking them and now I feel fine."

Dimplez (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

"Parkinson’s symptoms affected. Balance deteriorating after 2 weeks on 15mg/day. Muscular soreness in lower legs. Some loss of appetite. Ability to walk for more than a few steps very difficult. Medication prescribed to treat inflammation resulting from bi-ingual and umbilical cord hernia repair keyhole surgery on May 22 2018. Currently just commenced 3rd week of 30 day course of meds. The inflammation pain has been less severe but still at a low level with periodical surges of intensity.."

Alpar January 1, 2019

"Recommended, but DIDN't work for me with a full knee replacement. Went back to Aleve when needed."

Cali (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

"I have been using Meloxicam 15 mg for one year now after my spinal fusion L-2 thru S-1 major surgery and they take the edge off but my body handles it just fine. Everybody is different some people's bodies unluckily can't cope with it."

Al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

"I am so glad to see these reviews. I thought I was going nuts with some of the side effects of Mobic. I have been taking it for about a month now. I was given this med for inflammation due to severe Planters Fasciitis. It has done nothing for my pain. I have to take it at night because literally makes me feel high for some reason. I get vision issues from it and the weight gain about 10/12 pounds since I started taking it. I have always held my weight good and then suddenly gaining that's what I'm linking it to. I just haven't felt 100% since I have been on this. I don't think this is going to be for me. I know my doctor wanted to use this instead of taking Advil but way to many side effects for my liking. I have had stomach issues and urinary issues as well. I tried it and I don't recommend it especially if you are sensitive to medicine anyway. I had to stop Lyrica to for the same reason to many side effects. I was using that for Fibromyalgia."

JBear October 22, 2018

"My daughter after taking Meloxicam 15mg for 30 days for a nerve in her foot starting experiencing severe abdomen pain. She developed an ovarian cyst on her right side. She had to have emergency surgery due to it flipped her ovary. Her infection was so bad she almost died. They had to remove her ovary and she was only 17yr old! My niece just finished the same dosage for nerve in her shoulder. Since then has been experiencing abdomen pain. Went to dr today and did scan that show an ovarian cyst on her left ovary!! Women should not take this medicine!! This needs to be reported."

MJG (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"The drug certainly helped numb my knee pain from my meniscus tear removal surgery. But it came with an additional pain - severe upset stomach. For 6 or 7 hours I have had to make numerous trips to bathroom, maybe 30 in total? Only 3 of those trips I loose stools the other times were not productive at all. Every time I went back to lay down the pain would instantly return and urge to use bathroom. I don't really know if that is a good trade for the pain. Tomorrow I will just try Ibuprofen instead. This is insane."

StomachSore (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

"I have chronic lower spinal pain, pain from foot injuries, from a fractured pelvis 10 years ago, what my docs have said is arthritis, and fibromyalgia. I was prescribed this med and took the first dose last night before bed. Woke a few hours later, could not go back to sleep, dizzy, still in pain, and had the worst early morning leg cramps I have ever experienced- cried out in pain. If my windows had been open anyone who heard me might of thought I was getting attacked. Upon waking I was still in pain, and sooooo tired. Not taking another dose."

JR (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

"Been taking two mobic 7.5 for two plus months for arm and shoulder injury. Does not help with or stop pain."

Randy September 5, 2018

"I started taking this medicine a week ago and did see a slight positive change with my joint pain. Still had pain in my wrists. Have had stomach pains and what I thought was just MAJOR bloating was actually me gaining 10 pounds in 7 days. It was hard for me to squeeze into my jeans this morning so I knew something was up! Will definitely stop taking this pill! Not worth gaining 10 pounds per week."

Rowan (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

"I have been taking meloxicam for 1 month it is not working for me. I still have pain in my knee"

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

"My Dr. Prescribed for back/shoulder/neck pain. 7.5 mg. It helped tremendously with the pain, but the headaches were horrible and my 5 ft frame that weighed 115, ballooned to 127 lbs. I tossed it after that."

Patty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

"Went to Dr with neck and lower back discomfort, he said something about sciatica nerve etc etc. Said I was fine and was giving me an anti inflammatory. Asked him to check BP which was fine. Later filled prescription at Pharmacy, came home , there was no pamphlet in box for medication at all just the pills. I took one at around 9pm and within an hour my heart was racing , left arm felt weird, I had awful gas, was dizzy and felt totally weird. I started to google and found out what this medication was and all about the side effects.(I’m not allergic to anything and have never had side effects) not that I take much but on the odd occasion of needing meds all has been fine. Had the worst night, barely slept , slept a bit in am, have awful headache in morning. Palpitations and gas subsided somewhat but I realize this must be a slow release pill so effects will last a while. Never ever again will I take this. Worst experience ever."

Diva123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

"I have had many illnesses and have taken many medicines throughout the years. But I took meloxicam and tried it twice both times not close to any other medicines. Both times I had an extreme reaction of jerking, hallucinations, confusion, and a completely altered state of mind. Although it is a rare side effect it does happen and I never knew about it because it was given to me as a solution for knee pain and it is supposed to be no big deal"

Mommytoje (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

"I am 58 years old and am an avid adult athlete. I have been playing ice hockey for many years. I developed a groin strain with pain into the lower abdomen. This pain made walking very difficult at times. I did not have a hernia just a lot of pain. I tried traditional remedies but the pain would not relent. I was taking too much aspirin as it caused a significant reduction in my GFR. (Glomerular filtration rate) ie kidney function. Stopped the aspirin. It was reducing the pain but not significantly. I tried 15 mg of meloxicam. The effects were noticeable within 3 hours. The pain was reduced by 90 % within 2 days. I took the dosage down to avoid kidney and or GI problems. I will resume my activities with caution but the relief provided by this medicine is thus far nothing short of astounding."

Ice hockey guy (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

"Was prescribed this medication 15 MG today for pain in upper back right side. Thinking that it maybe muscular, I was given this for inflammation. Within a half of taking this med, I was very dizzy and stumbling around. Right now, 5 hrs later, I am still dizzy, nauseous and still in pain. Don't think I will be taking a second dose."

Gina (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

"Don’t stray too far from a toilet"

Deez (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018