User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Meloxicam Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Inflammatory Conditions

"I'm taking Meloxicam 15mg. The shape of the pill is round & concave. The concave surface suctions/sticks in my throat & won't go down. Does anyone else have this problem?"

SUZY-Q777 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just had it prescribed for my arms which are still painful from time to time 6 months after breaking both. Woke up with dreadful back pain today and thought it would be a good time to try one. It did nothing for my back pain but took the edge off the pains in my arms. My doctor said I can not take any other pain relief medication with this one, so I have to wait in pain for quite awhile until it is out of my system so I can take something a bit better. Not happy."

Magzy May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Mobic didn't do anything for my pain from meniscus tears in both knees but it did take my melon size swollen knees down to almost normal. Once I recover from surgery enough to not need to manage swelling, I will be happy to go back to pain killers till."

Sam1956 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Caused ovarian failure within 30 days in a 14 year old girl. Patient had normal period for 3 years prior."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took this for 5 days for inflammation following knee surgery. Did nothing for pain and I had some stomach issues. The morning after my 5th dose, I woke up and the room was spinning. Vertigo was so bad I could barely walk. Going back to ibuprofen. I'll never take this again."

Pattyhrn May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 31 year old female with Rheumatic Valvular disease. I recently had my joints become achy and inflamed to the point where I'd spend most days in pain and was unable to go back to work for the last few months. Was only suggested Krill oil(which I still have not tried yet) and panadol initially. My GP then suggested mobic. I am on the generic version Moxicam and it took about a week to come right but most of my aches in my joints are gone. Still a little rusty now and then but over all really happy with the outcome. I take one 15mg tablet every night after dinner and have been on it for almost a month. Side effects not applicable as my weight fluctuates and I get cramps and headaches regardless of meds."

ShaReesa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've done two seven day courses of this medicine in 2016 for neck pain and stiffness, once in winter and once in autumn. Works great for the pain, although the complete symptoms would diminish only after I was into its third or fourth day. It did have some side-effects though: hot flushes, weakness, shaky feeling, minor anxiety, heart palpitations and stomach cramps. Although, I must add a note here though that all this could be more down to myself than the medicine"

Rawal Afzal March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed meloxicam for sacroiliitis. It's helped make the pain a lot more tolerable. I'm still limited with what I can do, but it brought my resting pain level from an 8 to a 2-3."

BrittanyJ March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took it for a week for my chronic tendinitis injuries, joint stiffness, joint pain and muscle spasms. I went from a 26 inch waist to a 29 inch waist and a 29 inch band (under the boobs) to a 33 inch band in under a couple of days. All with no change in diet or exercise. Worked wonders for my pain and fatigue, but I don't recommend to any athletes."

Dansha Trib123 March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had found out I had some cervical stenosis a couple spots was close to spinal cord. Dr prescribed meloxacam for inflammation. It worked awesome. I could move my neck better than I had before. But 12 pills in I started to get hives on my face, and some facial swelling, heart racing. Had to go to ER Its sad that I have so many med allergies. I wish I could have taken this. It worked for me for inflammation."

Bon70 February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Mobic for approx 4 years now but (only on ocassions) to relieve arthritic symptoms from once a week to three times a week when chronic over this time span. Recently I have had a severe bout of Sciatica through both of my legs that started last December 2016 and I mean severe, I tried all sorts of pain relief e.g. panadeine 15 x 2 to help with little relief. Recently I had to administer a mobic to help with my arthritis and found it helped about 80% with my sciatica. I couldn't believe that this was the case so I asked my G.P. who said this may be the case as it acts as an anti inflammatory. I hope my findings helps others that why I wrote this blog. Take care. Chrismin. T."

Chrismin. T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a couple surgeries and have had arthritis and been on large doses of pain medication for the past 10 years my doctor prescribed meloxacam for me 7 days ago and I am almost pain free. I take it once a day. I am really tired but think that is from being so inactive for the past year and in bed all day. I would recommend you try this before giving up. Thank you doctor."

Anonymous January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was prescribed Meloxicam for Siatica and other back issues, stayed on it as prescribed and followed all instructions as described. After about 2 years of taking I had a bad stomach ache and had to hold off from going to the ball game, Went to the rest room prior to going and there was a minor amount of blood in my stool. At the hospital I started getting worse quick, they gave me a small bowl and I said this isn't going to do it, they gave me a larger one and I said I'm going to get sick now and off we went .....flying towards a room, but didn't make it. I threw up blood and my bowels let go with nothing but blood, I was bleeding out, I lost 28 units that night. Good thing I was close to the hospital and or in it. Doc says I had 1 min to live..."

BLEDOUT (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't help with inflamed situation it was prescribed for. Nausea, bloating, abdominal pain, insomnia, restlessness, headaches. ITCHY! So very itchy. Make it stop. I haven't slept in days."

Meloxicam makes me itchy January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was prescribed in the maximum daily dose, 15mg, had some effect in reducing swelling and inflammation in my foot, but caused severe bloodshot eyes! I stopped taking it and Tylenol did just as good a job on my condition and no more bloodshot eyes!! Incompetent Dr.!!"

Tippismom (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took pill after eating dinner, now 9 PM & I was dizzy, felt nauseated, room spun, then threw up!all within 20 Minutes. Never will I take this again!!!!!!!!!!!"

JA 123! (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed 15mg, as needed once a day, for pain and inflamation due to sciatica. I feel it does nothing."

EricG54 December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Meloxicam on and off for about five years since I began having back problems (pain), which have not been diagnosed. I'm a 55 yr old overweight woman. I take two 7.5 mg tablets a few hours before I know I'll be active and it really dulls the pain of walking, bending, etc. I do try not to take it very often, just when I need it, but it helps me a lot. No side effects that I have noticed."

WildwingSuz (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a rheumatoid arthritic condition on my right thumb where it attaches my wrist. As a professional bassist, this is a serious issue. My doctor prescribed 15 mgs of meloxicam daily, the maximum adult dosage. The first day I took it, it provided some relief for about 6 hours. It's been ineffectual since. I get better results from taking Aleve."

Davebi November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been suffering from inflammation in the joints I am a 21 year old female and my rheumatologist put me on the meloxicam medication 15 mg a day which has worked out great for me before I couldn't even jump, my knees were always stiff and I've noticed I can do squats and exercise again which is great I've only been taking it for a few days and I already noticed a difference I don't have any symptoms with this medication and I think it's awesome the only reason I scored a 9 and not a 10 is bc I kno sometimes medications are too good to be true and there can be some long term affects but for right now I haven't felt this good for a long time I almost feel young again lol"

Shay305 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got bitten by a tick 5 years ago - finally diagnosed as Lyme in Germany. Live in Mexico in the winter, and here my doctor gives me a shot of Meloxicam about once a month, and within a few hours, I am literally pain free for weeks, and have had no side effects whatsoever, and it takes away the swelling in my joints that is extremely debilitating! Lots of energy and this shot has literally saved my life and sanity!"

Ninky (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works great, with in 7 days time .."

ScottyDogg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Doctor prescribed this medication due to inflammation from plantar fasciitis. 15 mg once a day. Read all the literature about this drug. It was great at relieving the pain in my heel. However, after only one dose I had dizziness and a pounding headache. Also got heartburn even though I took it in a full stomach. I also felt my heart racing and got pressure in my ears. Most likely due to it raising my blood pressure. Definitely not worth all that as I had a TIA 8 years ago. The instructions to doctors says to use the lowest dose for the shortest period of time. Should have been given 7.5 and not for 2 months."

Kat D August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used to control inflammation from Psoriatic arthritis and spondylitis. Was switched from Celebrex which was giving me headaches, afternoon severe fatigue and a brain fog. Mobic/meloxicam does not provide as much pain relief as the Celebrex but it definitely takes the edge off. It does not zap my energy and I can get many things done. I am not laying around anymore, I almost seem ADD like. I have some insomnia, where I wake up after about 5 hours of sleep. Some days I do feel a little edgy and snappish, but overall this med is helping me function."

Jan9291 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have an unknown issue with my foot(its black, green, red, blue and swells to the point to where it almost rips its own tendons off the bones; foot cramps so bad tendons tear) I have seen several doctors/specialists and still no diagnosis. Ive been given this every time and it does nothing for me. the pain is so unbearable i can barely get out if bed or sleep. All the doctors say is this is the best they can do for me. I feel that im being treated like some drug addict even though my spine tap and blood work come up clean. This medication is useless for whatever I have(ive told them this). Doctors should not be able to just hand out meds for unknown causes or even be able to reject actual pain meds that could help someone."

Patrick S. July 17, 2016