User Reviews for Celebrex to treat Pain

Celebrex Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1454 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Celebrex

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2020

“I had severe knee pain and lower lumbar back pain and sciatica for approximately 7 months. The doctor prescribed CELEBREX 200; take one 200MG capsule twice daily for 5 days Then one capsule for 7 days, thereafter discuss progress. My pain and swelling did subside substantially but not completely. A day after I completed the course of tablets I experienced severe dizziness. I am on day 3 after finishing the course and still getting dizzy spells, it is not easing??? I have had vertigo once 5yrs prior to this medication, I am now 63 yrs old. I do not recommend this product as I think it has caused my dizziness to return.”

Debza · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

“Was given CELEBREX as a substitute for Meloxican to treat arthritis pain in my right shoulder. It worked Great the very first day. The days since I've been in severe right arm pain down to my hand. Not feeling good at all. Called my Dr was told to STOP it. My female side of the family has a history of heart attacks scares me. I'm SO DONE with this drug I think its dangerous.”

Bashothad · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

“I've been prescribed celebrex For pain due to a glenoid labrum tear. (Ligament, shoulder) This pill does nothing. There has been zero improvement in pain or ability to move the arm. I've stopped taking it, and nothing increased either. Literally does nothing but mess with my head.”

SamH · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

“Was sceptical when my GP first prescribed this pain reliever Celebrex for plantar fasciitis as my pain level was quite high but with continued use, it has reduced the pain down to a very manageable level and sometimes no pain, where I'm not limping in extreme pain anymore. There have been no side effects with this drug.”

BBRuth February 8, 2020

“In my early 50s, I began having right knee pain, then I had all-over pain, felt especially upon standing after sitting for a short while. I was diagnosed with referred pain from my right hip so that at age 59, I had a right hip replacement. Knee pain stopped. The all-over pain persisted. I started taking Celebrex shortly after it first came out. I’m now 77 and had both knees replaced, left at 63, right at 66, my left shoulder at age 72, and now I need my right shoulder replaced. I am able to hold off on that, so far. If I didn’t have Celecoxib (generic) I fear I’d be using a walker or possibly a wheelchair. I have tried taking one 200mg per day, but the pain becomes too severe. I’ve also taken two one day and one the next, which worked for a while. Every spring and fall, I have an arthritis attack, and Celebrex gets me through. Celebrex has saved my life! So far, no bad side effects.”

Msnoah · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

“This drug celebrex was prescribed for severe shoulder pain from a torn rotator cuff. After the second day my blood pressure spiked to over 170 and my heart rate to over 130 and I had to spend the night in the hospital to get it stabilized. Needless to say I never took any more Celebrex”

Alexa · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2020

“These pills helped my Sciatica lot I feel some pain then and there it really helps me sleep. The only problem is it gave me a rash I’ve only been taking them for about 4 days but now my cheeks are red and I normally have really soft and clear skin my face is a little bumpy and itchy so are my arms, chest, legs, arms etc”

Rhonda · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 8, 2020

“Took these capsules as prescribed by doctor when required approx one tablet once a month or so when arthritic pain was at its worse. Worked very well. Unfortunately the last 2 times I have taken it over a week, it has resulted in very severe skin reactions similar to hives. The second reaction worse than the first. Won't risk taking it again.”

Robert December 13, 2019

“Have yet to have an issue. Helped get me off opiates. Great drug.”

Transition · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 12, 2019

“Really good for lower back pain, get me back working fast. I'm a 49years old builder and highly recommended celebrex. I would only use it for a few days and always fixed the problem”

Jimbo · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

“After using this for a few days I started feeling sick to my stomach and progress I had made after my back surgery slowed then I started to feel “fatigue” which began to feel more and more like paralysis and loss of feeling. I had a hard time breathing. These symptoms came on slowly. Celebrex was supposed to replace opioid pain relief. In my case the medication was worse than the problem and robbed me of a week of physical therapy progress, weakened my muscles, and made me susceptible to injury due to weakness and more.”

Essa · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

“I used this drug for Plantar fasciitis and bursitis in the achilles area It reduced the swelling and pain by 90% But its upset my guts and I feel muscles cramps and pain as side effect My body feels so hot”

Thankful · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

“I have been suffering with arthritis in my knee and chronic plantar fasciitis heel pain for almost a year. The pain was brutal and I asked my doctor if she would please give me a trial of Celebrex as I had read a lot of positive responses about it. Within a few days of taking yes, the generic version, I could feel a difference in my pain and now a couple of weeks and it's definitely helped my pain level especially the plantar fasciitis. You should definitely take it with food and I take it in the evening or sometimes I do get a little dizzy so I take it with supper but it has definitely made a big difference in my pain level and I can function now with it being in agony by the end of the day.”

La perdida · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2019

“I took Celebrex to treat constant chronic pain derived from cervical spine and Fusion due to abscesses MRSA and lumbar fusion. I dutifully took as prescribed until the side effect of a perforation of the stomach. Very serious.”

Orchid67 · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

“I am on my second day of Celebrex. I was taking way too many ibuprofen every 4-6 hours for widespread osteoarthritis and skeletal-muscular pain. The first day I was really dizzy and drowsy and spent all day in bed. Today I am back to work and while I feel my overall arthritis is slightly improved the areas where I have the most swelling (ankle, knees) are not responding as well as with the ibuprofen. And areas like my back, shoulder, hands have increased pain levels. I am having more trouble walking. I keep getting headache pain that comes and goes and causes me to feel dizzy and nauseous. I am not sure if this is typical and I just need time to adjust or not. But I find myself having trouble getting through the work day.”

Kijoh · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2019

“Celebrex was SO much easier on my stomach but ot was "weaker" than other NSAIDS, and I have taken almost all of them. But, because it didn't irritate my stomach, I could take it twice daily. With that said, on Celebrex I I gained at least 15 pounds in the first month, with actual increase in activity and no dietary changes. I've had this happen with other medicines before, notably, Lyrica. At my age, and with my health conditions all complicated by weight gain, it was not worth it for me. If it weren't for the weight gain this would get a 9-10. But, since the weight gain was so profound, I couldn't continue. Which is super sad because it really was awesome otherwise! Within weeks of stopping I lost nearly 10 pounds already. If you can stand to gain weight, like if you are underweight, I HIGHLY recommend this. But, if your weight is a problem, stay away!”

Whoochiemama · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

“Actually cause back pain/ spasms in different areas than where I have been treating, plus raised BP slightly”

NM · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2018

“I was prescribed Celebrex by a physician as I suffer from chronic head aches, chronic neck & back pain from arthritis and my bloods keep showing inflammatory markers which they can't identify. No pain relief whatsoever :(”

wizonford1 · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2018

“meloxicam did not do anything for me and celecoxib did even less for pain in my knee.”

Mrs_od · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

“Had total knee replaced and this was prescribed for me. It brought swelling down”

Susan · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2018

“I hurt my muscle while in the gym. Though this medicine works well I had to stop taking it as I noticed rapid weight gain in a short amount of time. I was barely eating as I was also ill, so nothing else could have caused the sudden increase in weight. Monitor this carefully as this could be an indication of something else going wrong.”

Patty Tremblay · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2018

“I've had arthritis and back pain I started taking this medication and it's helped immensely although the side effects are there (and you can look them up). I still will continue taking this medication I'll give it a couple of months and see how my body adjusts and go from there but for now it's working and that's a wonderful thing I actually have my movement back before I was like an 80 year old woman and I'm in my 50s”

Anonymous February 1, 2018

“Here in Portugal we pay for generic of the celebrex about 2 € a box with 30 pills. It is the same as the original.”

Cynthiabrown · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2017

“My acute pain happened after I had the first Prolia injection May 1, 2017 and It caused my immune system to be out of whack. IBS, mouth and tongue sores, teeth, hair, bones and then the thoracic pain. Have had 2 Epidurals. Have had ultrasounds on my arm for pain. Shoulder and collarbone pain. I cannot tell if Celebrex is helping as I have only been taking it for a week. I took Gabapentin but it caused me to be very dizzy and sluggy. I wish a doctor could tell me what is going on and help me with this horrible pain. I had never been sick before.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 14, 2017

“I have severe pain, stiffness, inflammation in the shoulder/arm/hand from an injury that occurred years ago. At first it was called severe left brachial plexopathy, but it has turned into chronic pain syndrome. At first doctors prescribed heavy meds that caused really bad side effects, so I asked dcs to change pres. Eventually the new doctors have been prescribing gabapentin, meloxican, celecoxib, and some other medications to help my stomach. I was on a temporary trial for an spinal stimulator, together with my medication and it improved my pain. However, for the permanent stimulator Dr told me to stop taking celecoxib for 2 weeks before surgery... The pain came back so bad I haven't been able to sleep at all for almost a week.”