User Reviews for Celebrex

Celebrex Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1807 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Celebrex to treat Pain

"Had total knee replaced and this was prescribed for me. It brought swelling down"

Mrs_od (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

"I hurt my muscle while in the gym. Though this medicine works well I had to stop taking it as I noticed rapid weight gain in a short amount of time. I was barely eating as I was also ill, so nothing else could have caused the sudden increase in weight. Monitor this carefully as this could be an indication of something else going wrong."

Susan (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

"I've had arthritis and back pain I started taking this medication and it's helped immensely although the side effects are there (and you can look them up). I still will continue taking this medication I'll give it a couple of months and see how my body adjusts and go from there but for now it's working and that's a wonderful thing I actually have my movement back before I was like an 80 year old woman and I'm in my 50s"

Patty Tremblay (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

"Here in Portugal we pay for generic of the celebrex about 2 € a box with 30 pills. It is the same as the original."

Anonymous February 1, 2018

"My acute pain happened after I had the first Prolia injection May 1, 2017 and It caused my immune system to be out of whack. IBS, mouth and tongue sores, teeth, hair, bones and then the thoracic pain. Have had 2 Epidurals. Have had ultrasounds on my arm for pain. Shoulder and collarbone pain. I cannot tell if Celebrex is helping as I have only been taking it for a week. I took Gabapentin but it caused me to be very dizzy and sluggy. I wish a doctor could tell me what is going on and help me with this horrible pain. I had never been sick before."

Cynthiabrown (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

"I have severe pain, stiffness, inflammation in the shoulder/arm/hand from an injury that occurred years ago. At first it was called severe left brachial plexopathy, but it has turned into chronic pain syndrome. At first doctors prescribed heavy meds that caused really bad side effects, so I asked dcs to change pres. Eventually the new doctors have been prescribing gabapentin, meloxican, celecoxib, and some other medications to help my stomach. I was on a temporary trial for an spinal stimulator, together with my medication and it improved my pain. However, for the permanent stimulator Dr told me to stop taking celecoxib for 2 weeks before surgery... The pain came back so bad I haven't been able to sleep at all for almost a week."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 14, 2017

"I used to suffer from chronic headache since childhood (I'm 29 years old now). Back in 2015 I was injured and my doctor prescribed me this drug. It wasn't very helpful with my injury; however, my headache almost completely disappeared. I didn't notice that my headache is gone until my mom once told me "I no longer notice you complaining about your headache" so definitely this is not a placebo effect."

Groover (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2017

"Celebrex has been the only thing to help me for my lupus inflammation and pain . I'm always in pain, my entire body and joints. We haven't been able to get down the inflammation. In October I switched rheumatologists and she changed my meds and immediately my pain was finally reduced and tolerable! I let myself run out this week for the first time and I'm in soo much pain! My husband is at the pharmacy right now for it. I refuse typical addictive pain pills. Celebrex has helped me tremendously, I haven't had a crying breakdown from pain since I started it!"

OkieGurl0843 April 26, 2017

"Hi everyone, Dealing with knee osteoarthritis for years. Pain got so bad that I could only do minimal exercise and was waking up from pain. Ibuprofen does help, maybe a 50% pain inhibition taking 6 pills a day. With Celebrex, 200mg/ twice daily, I am having about 90% pain reduction. I am now biking daily, no problem going up and down stairs. This is a miracle drug. Not a cure, but close!"

TomPr April 25, 2017

"It works for inflammation from my neuroma/foot pain, however, it makes me tired all the time and I seem grumpier - LOL. Also, after being on it for a month, when I decided to go off, my legs and ankles really really had major water retention. So, maybe when going off of it, it's a better idea to not stop all at once, but taper off so the body can adjust. The side effect of going off of this stuff and the drowsiness is why I rated it low. Otherwise, it does work for inflammation!!"

Stopped swelling but... (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

"I have been on Celebrex for a long long time. I stopped taking it because I was pain free/symptom free maybe 6 weeks ago. I started to have pain again maybe 2 weeks after stopping it. I attributed it to my exercise routine, wrong shoes etc. I used ice to alleviate the symptoms. I didn't think of it until today that my increased pain was due to stopping the Celebrex. I've reordered it and will start again today."

bpoppe1953 March 19, 2017

"Celebrex did nothing at all to alleviate the knee pain my doctor prescribed it for."

Sharebearbrown (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

"After my nucleoplast surgery in 2001 constant pain because my 3 lower disks were turned into (flat tires) since they remove some of the disks juice, no surgeons could help me, I just had the right and left nerves deadened by a nerve block that did not work and the lower steroids shots work a couple days, the one dr put me on gabbapentin helped about 5% with the pain, and last week I read in the AARP paper that celebrex is not really that bad or dangerous ,its on the same level as motrin or ibuprofin, after taking the 200 mg pill twice a day for the past 3 days my pain has lessened 80% and I am sure as it builds up it will kick in and work for me. Its been a GODSEND since my pain was driving me crazy ,I can sleep now."

JOHN AL (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

"I noticed a lot of people on here giving up after only a week or so.I have been on Celebrex for years and at different times I would stop for a week or 2 immediately I would start going downhill. Celebrex needs to build up in your system the more time you take it the more it helps.Should give it at least a month.I was on heavy pain meds for years now all I take is Celebrex I have severe neck and back problems and severe arthritis.Celebrex is a miracle drug for me without the side effects of heavy pian meds.Thank you for Celebrex it has changed my life"

big walt January 12, 2017

"This medication I take 200mgs in a divided dose daily , have experienced considerable reduction in medium - strong pain. Well tolerated over the last 4 weeks Many thanks to all , it's worth a try!"

FisherPJ January 9, 2017

"While it helped some, I experienced abdominal pain which was significant and heavy not normal bleeding. The moment I stopped taking it the symptoms stopped"

070597 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

"The only anti-inflammatory med I could take without side effects"

Super Nurse (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2016

"On Celebrex for one month now, still waiting on it to work. NO pain relief and no side effects."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

"For 6 mths I've suffered chronic pain in the morning woken from sleep in pain in my joints. It started in my knees, then elbows & wrists. But 2 mths ago it started in my hips & lower back, & as my sleep was interrupted DAILY, so was my life. As soon I get up the pain would go, but the other day it wouldn't. So I went to my Dr who gave me Celebrex. I was scared to take it reading bad reviews. So I rang my Dr & he said take it & let me know how you feel tomorrow. I took it last night & can't believe I waited THIS long to try it. For the 1st time in 6 mths I woke with NO pain & it made me drowsy, which was a bonus. Celebrex WORKED for me so I want to write a POSITIVE review for people out there who are scared off by bad reviews. I'm pain free!"

Jenamu (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

"I have muscle stiffness & pain at the base of my neck & head, which over time caused migraines & tension headaches. Botox & lidocaine injections have relieved the head pain. My doctor is still working on trigger points for the pain in a few sm areas of the upper neck. He prescribed Celebrex after Ibruprofen (did nothing) & Mobic (helped some). Celebrex helps the most. I believe It's bc Mobic is a selective COX2 inhibitor and the Celebrex is only COX2. It brings my pain down to between a 0-2, depending on whether I'm experiencing 24-hour soreness from the injections (2) or if it's just acting up from activites like yardwork or working too long at the computer (0). I've only been taking it for a month & good so far."

Dsneckhead (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

"I started taking a morning dose for 24 hours last Friday, 2/5/2016. Pain free immediately, but had very itchy areas. Had to stop taking due to intensity of itchy rash Monday morning 2/8/2016, but by 2pm, wish I had taken one this morning again!! ALMOST WORTH IT!"

Pete201 February 8, 2016

"I was in a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my leg for months, and had increasing difficulty in walking and sleeping. I had been forced to use a cane, and a scooter to get around and I could no longer walk any distance. I had to stop physical therapy because the pain was too bad and epidural injections seemed to offer little relief. The MRI indicated that I had tissue from a herniated disc and protruding disc was pressing on the nerves so I was scheduled for surgery. I was given a prescription for Celebrex ( 250 mg/ 2 times/day) 8 weeks before surgery to help relieve the pain. One week before surgery, I was told to stop taking Celebrex. The pain has not returned and the surgery was cancelled. I am now essentially pain"

Dave OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

"Doctor gave me Celebrex.I've been taking it for a week. It does nothing for my hip pain (bone on bone arthritis). I'm going off it and back on Advil."

Luvveg (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

"I have been in pain for years. I did massage therapy, physiotherapy, yoga, ran, walked and weights. Finally, my Doctor gave me a script for Celebrex - Instant pain relief in both my neck and lumbar. It is November 11, 2015 and I am going to celebrate tonight. I am pain FREE!"

Jojo Zee November 12, 2015

"1 pill every 24 hours VERY convenient. Is not near as hard on stomach and intestines. Works about as well as Aleve or Ibuprofen if you take them every 4 hours."

fredee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015