User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Celebrex Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1853 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Celebrex to treat Pain

"The only anti-inflammatory med I could take without side effects"

Super Nurse (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2016

"On Celebrex for one month now, still waiting on it to work. NO pain relief and no side effects."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

"For 6 mths I've suffered chronic pain in the morning woken from sleep in pain in my joints. It started in my knees, then elbows & wrists. But 2 mths ago it started in my hips & lower back, & as my sleep was interrupted DAILY, so was my life. As soon I get up the pain would go, but the other day it wouldn't. So I went to my Dr who gave me Celebrex. I was scared to take it reading bad reviews. So I rang my Dr & he said take it & let me know how you feel tomorrow. I took it last night & can't believe I waited THIS long to try it. For the 1st time in 6 mths I woke with NO pain & it made me drowsy, which was a bonus. Celebrex WORKED for me so I want to write a POSITIVE review for people out there who are scared off by bad reviews. I'm pain free!"

Jenamu (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

"I have muscle stiffness & pain at the base of my neck & head, which over time caused migraines & tension headaches. Botox & lidocaine injections have relieved the head pain. My doctor is still working on trigger points for the pain in a few sm areas of the upper neck. He prescribed Celebrex after Ibruprofen (did nothing) & Mobic (helped some). Celebrex helps the most. I believe It's bc Mobic is a selective COX2 inhibitor and the Celebrex is only COX2. It brings my pain down to between a 0-2, depending on whether I'm experiencing 24-hour soreness from the injections (2) or if it's just acting up from activites like yardwork or working too long at the computer (0). I've only been taking it for a month & good so far."

Dsneckhead (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

"I started taking a morning dose for 24 hours last Friday, 2/5/2016. Pain free immediately, but had very itchy areas. Had to stop taking due to intensity of itchy rash Monday morning 2/8/2016, but by 2pm, wish I had taken one this morning again!! ALMOST WORTH IT!"

Pete201 February 8, 2016

"I was in a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my leg for months, and had increasing difficulty in walking and sleeping. I had been forced to use a cane, and a scooter to get around and I could no longer walk any distance. I had to stop physical therapy because the pain was too bad and epidural injections seemed to offer little relief. The MRI indicated that I had tissue from a herniated disc and protruding disc was pressing on the nerves so I was scheduled for surgery. I was given a prescription for Celebrex ( 250 mg/ 2 times/day) 8 weeks before surgery to help relieve the pain. One week before surgery, I was told to stop taking Celebrex. The pain has not returned and the surgery was cancelled. I am now essentially pain"

Dave OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

"Doctor gave me Celebrex.I've been taking it for a week. It does nothing for my hip pain (bone on bone arthritis). I'm going off it and back on Advil."

Luvveg (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

"I have been in pain for years. I did massage therapy, physiotherapy, yoga, ran, walked and weights. Finally, my Doctor gave me a script for Celebrex - Instant pain relief in both my neck and lumbar. It is November 11, 2015 and I am going to celebrate tonight. I am pain FREE!"

Jojo Zee November 12, 2015

"1 pill every 24 hours VERY convenient. Is not near as hard on stomach and intestines. Works about as well as Aleve or Ibuprofen if you take them every 4 hours."

fredee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015

"I went they 2 years of hell with lower back pain it ruined my life for those 2 years seemingly endless pain and suffering . Then my doctor prescribed Celebrex, which stopped the pain dead in its tracks"

Anonymous August 3, 2015

"Having chronic knee pain due to hockey injuries that has been getting worse and worse as I turned 50 - but now using 200 mg Celebrex each day has been nothing short of 100% recovery. I can now take the stairs, exercise and play hockey pain free with no side effects. Awesome, awesome."

Clarkekent50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have debilitating pains from my costochrondritis for years. I have tried naproxen, Mobic, and Voltaren gel with no relief. My rheumatologist then suggested Celebrex. This has been a lifesaver. Celebrex has made my chest pains go from a 9-10 to about a 0-1. I would recommend this medicine to anyone dealing with costochrondirits. Even the price is not bad. I pay 60 dollars for a 90 day supply."

JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2014

"I take celebrex for costochrondritis (inflammation of the cartilage in the sternum). It is very painful and can be debilitating. After being on mobic, naproxen and other NSAIDs with no help, my rheumatologist put me on celebrex. It has been amazing. My pain went from about a 7 or 8 to a 1-2. I take it in the morning. This has been the best thing for my chest pain. Although the only issue is the price. But I would rather spend the money than have chest pains"

JuJu Renee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2014

"I took 2 Advil for 5 yrs to alleviate arthritis pain. My hip/groin pain got so bad, I finally went to see a Doc. He prescribed Celebrex.. It works GREAT for my hands.... but not my hip. Someone suggested taking Tylenol WITH the Celebrex -- MUCH better results. I take l,000 mg of Tylenol and 200 mg Celebrex, daily. I hope by Summer the heat will help my arthritis and I can cut back on the Tylenol. Celebrex is very expensive. I wish the results had been a lot better for me but as a professional pianist, I'm SO grateful that it works great on my hands."

nancysmithe March 12, 2014

"I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful."

:) (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though."

JeromeZ1 February 7, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee."

Bel air Sam November 4, 2013

"I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex."

DGinny November 2, 2013

"I am 49 years old, my mother is in hospital with 2 knee replacement and I have noticed over the years I too have pain in my knees after years of then cracking as I walked upstairs. Then the pain got worse so I went to the doc and he told me to try Celebrex 300 mg a day and let me tell you so far no side effects and I am happy again. The wife says I am acting strange, she's never seen me so happy but its not for all. For me I wish I would have done this a lot sooner. "

YoungWisher (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2013

"I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex."

DMayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well."

biggulp October 31, 2012

"Didn't do much for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2012

"Did not help my back pain."

slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2012

"I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old."

mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2012

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux."

Anonymous January 29, 2012