User Reviews for Celebrex to treat Pain (Page 3)

Celebrex Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Celebrex

:) · Taken for 10 years or more February 11, 2014

“I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful.”

JeromeZ1 February 7, 2014

“I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though.”

Bel air Sam November 4, 2013

“Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee.”

DGinny November 2, 2013

“I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex.”

YoungWisher · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2013

“I am 49 years old, my mother is in hospital with 2 knee replacement and I have noticed over the years I too have pain in my knees after years of then cracking as I walked upstairs. Then the pain got worse so I went to the doc and he told me to try Celebrex 300 mg a day and let me tell you so far no side effects and I am happy again. The wife says I am acting strange, she's never seen me so happy but its not for all. For me I wish I would have done this a lot sooner. ”

DMayo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 1, 2013

“I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex.”

biggulp October 31, 2012

“A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 23, 2012

“Didn't do much for me.”

slaytonchristy1967 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 11, 2012

“Did not help my back pain.”

mystic 50 · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2012

“I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old.”

Anonymous January 29, 2012

“I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux.”

Anonymous August 15, 2011

“I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it.”

Anonymous June 27, 2011

“I started having extreme joint pain almost overnight and was like that for over 2 weeks. The Doctor put me on Celebrex, 2 pills 2 times a day for 5 days with 1 pill once a day since. I feel so much better and no side effects, not even an upset stomach. I'm so happy there is a pain medication that is not a steroid or narcotic.”

Anonymous June 20, 2011

“I have a disc protrusion at c4-5 and c5-6 which causes a narrowing in the foriminal which causes nerve root pain. In May of 2009 I was in excruciating pain and through the advice of my chiropractor he suggested that I mention to my spine specialist the medication Celebrex. My specialist said let's give it a try, and WOW what a miracle. I went from extreme pain, I wasn't even able to sleep on my left side, couldn't walk due to pain running down from my shoulder to my left thumb. I couldn't even bend to shave my legs. Well other than a little stomach irritation in the beginning, I have little to no pain. My insurance picks up the price of the medicine with me having to pay a nominal copay of $45.00. I can now exercise, ride my bike.”

Anonymous June 4, 2011

“On 400 mg a day and it works great in regards to my synovitis pain in all my joints that my lupus causes. No side effects after taking it for two months. I prefer taking this over prednisone any day.”

Anonymous March 25, 2011

“I have a 50% compression fracture of my L1 and Celebrex is the only thing that will alleviate the pain. Unfortunately it upsets my stomach.”

jenjen22 March 15, 2011

“After my two total hip replacements I still have chronic pain due to having avascular necrosis. I rely on Celebrex to literally allow me to be able to walk. I received some samples in 2006 following my second surgery. My doctor at that time had enough samples so that I was taking them on a regular basis. Only after a short period without them did we realize to what extent they were helping me. I sincerely believe that I could not live a normal life without the Celebrex. It scares me to think that one day I may not be able to get it due to not being able to afford it. My co-pay is $60.00 for Celebrex every month and it is hard to do. I tell anyone I can what Celebrex has done for me, with absolutely no side effects.”

Anonymous February 19, 2011

“Prescribed for back pain caused by crushed vertebra (I am trying to avoid surgery as long as possible). After three days of taking Celebrex I bent over for the first time in two years without nursing my back. I was amazed and thrilled. However, on the fifth day I noticed I had broken out in small rashes all over and was forced to discontinue taking it.”

freybaby April 6, 2010

“Used to treat chronic pain (idiopathic origin, but could be fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue). Ease of use was fine, only side effects were stomach upset. ”

Anonymous February 17, 2010

“I LOVE Celebrex! I have degenerative disk disease, bulged disk and degenerative hips. My doctor had me try it after learning how I can tolerate 6 ibupropen a day. I have been 85% better as far as the daily pain. I can do things in exercise that I could not before, due to the pain. I take homeopathic anti inflammatory supplements as well. I am a 43 year old photographer, pilates student and teacher living in pain for over 6 years. So wonderful to have this relief.”

Anonymous December 23, 2009

“I'm 21 years old and the doctor told me I have arthritis (I found out from another doctor I do NOT) but they put me on this to help with the pain (from my car accident, not from arthritis) and it did NOT work. It made me have lots of bloody stool and severe abdominal pain. It barely reduced the pain. ”

wolflew December 8, 2009

“Based on 200 mg 1 per day; only thing I got was heart burn, no pain relief. Tried to take everyother day, didn't make any difference still got horrible heart burn. Switched to Mobic.”

Anonymous October 23, 2009

“Tried Tylenol with codeine, physical therapy (14 sessions), and cortisone injection directly into left sacroiliac joint. No relief from severe night pain in left lower back and buttocks until Celebrex. 2 days of 2 pills/day, no more pain. A true miracle! I feel like 'me' again!”

Anonymous October 5, 2009

“I have been taking this medicine for just over a week now for lower back pain due to a bulging disc and I found no relief.”

gla September 27, 2009

“After my d&c last year, I had celebrex 200mg as needed for pain daily x 7 days. It was great. Last week after I had an endo-ablation. I was the first one to ask my doctor; for celebrex again. It is one of the best non-narcotic pain medication .”