User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 66 medications

Crohn's Disease 5 reviews 68 medications

7.3
Summary of Remicade reviews 112 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Remicade

For Crohn's Disease "Worst drug!!Save yourself by not trying this poison. Had serious lung injury."

Kavkeet Kaur randhawa September 25, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I was diagnosed in 2013 with ibs.. Then 2014 ibd....now Feb2016 with crohn's...tried a lot of meds nothing worked went to remicaid well it has been working but never lasts that long... By 5-6 wks I'm starting to flare... This time after load in doses they used me to 7.5 and that worked I got 6 wks out of it instead of 4 wks.... But this time it's bad started flare of belly 4 days ago... And now I can't barely move feels like I've been hit by a truck... All my joints hurt so bad ...this is awful.. Hoping to get an infusion. ... But I read all the same issues...."

Anonymous September 6, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I first had symptoms when I was 17 yrs old. Was not diagnosed until I was 25 during an exploratory surgery to find out what was wrong with me. I am now 67, have had three surgeries, 2 for blockages and a variety of meds.. This last surgery did not go well and my crohn's became worse. The doctor recommended I go on Remicade. Have had three treatments with no improvement, extremely exhausted. During my treatments I developed chest pains, had an angiogram, everything fine. Then became very short of breath, fever and got water on the heart from the procedure. Will be discussing this with the doctor and requesting I stop the treatments. I have not had a rewarding experience with Remicade. Not sure what my options are going forward."

J Yoder August 20, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I have perianal problem whit my crohn's...Remicade help me lot I have less diarhea...But...I'm very tired all the time...I have sinus infections every 6 weeks...Eye infections..and urine infection. I don't know if I want to continue...My crohn's is better but I'm sick all the time "

colty34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "Remicade has been a miracle for me. Last year this time I was totally desperate and thinking of get rid of my colon due to severe UC. Now, I am totally healthy and no sign of UC!!! If u r suffering from UC, give it a try without any doubt. Thanks to science and researchers. Of course, it takes couple of months to feel the full effect of it, but as soon as I got the first infusion I felt its positive effect. Its combination with Azathioprine works much better."

FeriSweden July 12, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My 14 yo had her first Remicade infusion a 10 days ago. After 8 days she had severe serum sickness. Her fever shot up to 106 and her blood pressure was really low. She spent 24 hrs in the PICU. It was very scared. Needless to say, she won't be able to take it again. We are hoping there will be no lasting effects but only time will tell. Her symptoms of serum sickness were: fever, chills, severe joint pain, hives all over, swollen hands, red eyes, and dry mouth."

Serum Sickness occurred (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "only few words please check your TB TEST FOR MORE THAN TWO OR THREE TIMES SPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY ON MEDS LIKE PREDNISONE AND IMURAN ....DONT PUT YOUR LIFE ON RISK ..........I AM SUFFERING A LOT BECAUSE OF THE USE OF THIS MEDICINE.....REMICADE....MY PERSONAL SOCIAL AND FINANCIAL LIFE IS DESTROYED ......SORRY IF I AM GETTING EMOTIONAL ......IT IS TRUE WHATEVER HAPPENED WITH ME .........I WISH THAT I WOULD HAVE NEVER USED THIS MEDICINE......."

BILLAY (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

For Spondyloarthritis "Saved my Life. I went from level 10 pain daily to almost no pain after the first infusion. I cry when I talk about how this medication as given me a whole new lease on life. It has literally saved my life. My pain was so bad in my wrists that I couldn't do anything anymore. I was seriously thinking about suicide or just cutting my hands off. I'm saved and I thank Remicade for it."

ZachEatonPHX July 7, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Remicade just isn't working for me or not yet. When I did my 1 and 2 infusions I could tell a difference. I had my 3 on and have to wait 8 weeks. After 3 weeks I had a flare up and I am in week 6 and I still feel awful. Maybe I need them more frequently or a higher dose. I am feeling so darn frustrated. I was hoping for a miracle drug to make me feel better and so far it's not. I read how it helps everyone but I want that for me too! Can't wait to see my dr so we can get ask up and the pain"

Not my miracle yet May 16, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "My younger brother was on remicade for 10 years , and yes it helped him with the uc but he just passed away from cancer and liver failure at 27 years old most likely from the years of remicade. So I am leaving the warning to be careful and think that this is just some miracle drug. Everything has consequences"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "When my daughter was 13, she had a sudden and severe onset of UC. She was hospitalized for 2 weeks (had constant pain, couldn't eat, and was going to the bathroom 15-20x/ day). She was given IV steroids/medications with no improvement of symptoms. The day after receiving remicade, her pain was gone and she wanted to eat. She went into complete remission and has had no symptoms for the last 4 years. She does remicade infusions every 10 weeks. It has been her wonder drug! But my other dtr was diagnosed with crohns a year later at 11. Her onset was slower and she was put on various medications first. Remicade worked for her for several months but then became less effective even with increasing dose and frequency so she was switched to humi"

Eaimom (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "Initially helped me for around 1 1/2 years, then began to lose its potency, and last two treatments had bad reaction night of treatment. More important platelet count went from normal to around 45,000. No longer taking Remicade and my platelet count is normal now."

tuco (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "After a year or more on totally ineffective Humira I was put on Remicade. It has been effective for the most part. I am on the max dosage at every 4 weeks. At about 4 to 5 days before my infusion I develop my typical crohns symtoms which mostly involves pain. I had one blood test which indicated I was metabolizing the medication more quickly than normal. I if this problem persists I will be tested again to see if I have developed antibodies to the drug. Besides Humira being a total bust I react with high fever and chills to 6 MP. Prior to the Humira I had a resection of a foot of my illeum. I don't have any side effects to the Remicade just the issue I mentioned."

Danamy?? April 2, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This nightmare all started 9 years ago with an abcess. This turned into a fistula. The fistula went away after years then I developed another one on the opposite side. Then multiple fistulas. 10 surgeries later and now I have a fistula through the vagina. I finally changed Drs. My dr put me on remicade and methotraxate, and I am finally seeing results. Extremely tired I could continuously sleep my life away. I haven't felt any inflamation for weeks. No pain pills for 4 weeks now. So cross my fingers this works."

Jklm March 30, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I've been getting Remicade infusions for about 15 years. It is the ONLY drug that helped me. I'd been in remission for the past 5 years. Last infusion, my insurance wouldn't pay the hospital. After back and forth communications from doctor, hospital and insurance companies..Medicare...Blue Cross/Blue shield,..Tricare....doctor decreased my max dosage to 1/2 dose. Now I'm having a flare. It's a wonderful drug but the cost is exorbitant...especially for old people like me. Sure was good while the Remicade ride was working. Good luck all"

bgiz February 25, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with UC in March 2015 out of nowhere.. Rapidly got bad and needed to be hospitalized for a week to get the flare under control.. Was given heavy doses of steroids (awful) and they did nothing to help.. I was released from the hospital after a week and symptoms were still bad.. About 2 weeks later after not being able to eat and losing 20lbs I was barely able to walk and was readmitted, this time I went to Columbia in NYC.. I wasn't able to eat for the full first week in the hospital and symptoms were steadily horrible.. My doctor decided to give me a loading dose of remicade and the results were almost immediate! I have been on remicade every 8 weeks since and don't have a single symptom of UC It's been a life saver!"

Jmaya (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with UC in my late 20s and never had to take anything heavy like Remicade. In my late 40s now and for the past 3 months, I've been upgraded to severe UC. Was put on Remicade and just finished my 2nd round. So far, I have not seen major results. Very discouraged! I want to change my diet and I'm trying but I also have 3 kids and its hard to change everything completely and have them eat what I eat. Does anyone know if this medication works? How long should I give it?"

mdubb February 20, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with pan UC 2 years ago. My doctor gave me different medication that didn't work for me and made me worse. I lost 20 pounds in two weeks and didn't eat or drink anything because I would go to the bathroom ten times a day. My doctor finally recommended remicade, symptoms went down and a year later I've started flaring up again. They increased dosage and I get it every month now. But while I'm writing this my flare ups started again and it's been two weeks of bleeding and my doctor is on vacation. I don't know to do next, I don't want to have surgery."

Derek87 December 28, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with uc in my twenties. For many years I maintained with various medications and only a couple of relatively minor flare ups. Suddenly at age 56 I had a severe flare up that did not respond to prednisone. Removing colon was brought up. After much suffering and weight loss for about 3 months I was put on Remicade by my wonderful GI. Within a couple of weeks my condition began to improve. I am now almost 7 years with infusions every 8 weeks. I am very grateful for this medication, although I do wonder if my immune system is weakened. It really doesn't compare to almost dying or having major surgery. I know it doesn't work for everyone but for me it was a miracle."

WNYer (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My son has crohns and lost 30 lbs in 2.5 months. He took the medicine the doctor said to take but then he developed a fistula. I could tell he was in a lot of pain but yet he would not tell me what was going on. Both of us being very uneducated of this disease had no idea of the trouble he was headed towards. I made an appointment with the surgeon, the surgeon confirmed a fistula, and said he needed to take Remicade. My son has had four Remicade treatments and I have to say he was doing a lot better after the first treatment. It has been almost 9 months now and he is back to his average weight of 190. We are both afraid of the Remicade and we don't talk about it very much at all but I do have to admit it has given my son his life back."

Mothers defeat October 17, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I went in yesterday morning at 9am to receive my first infusion of Remicade. Had my IV inserted in my arm, and had my vitals checked at the beginning and then every 15-30 minutes. By the time I was leaving the doctor, it was about 1:00pm. So it takes a while for the first time, but after that it won't take as long. The only kind of downside to it was that I got just a little sleepy, which I read was common. It's 1:15pm, the following day of my first infusion and I haven't felt a single ounce of pain in any of my joints. I understand it's only 24 hours later but I am usually in a lot of pain all morning and I didn't have any morning stiffness when I got out of bed this morning. Very pleased so far!"

Anna RC October 13, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "Have had uc and chrons for about a year now and started off with a serious flare that had me bed ridden. I was finally talked into trying remicade and a couple days after the initial dose I felt great with no pains. A week after the dose I developed c diff and was right back to square one. So I got the c diff taken care of and did a second dose and the c diff came right back. So I got that taken care of again and did 3rd dose and guess what c diff again. I told my GI I wasn't going to waste my time or money on it anymore. I went to the Mayo in Minn for a second opinion on my condition and after days of testing they said that I had already developed antibodies to the remicade. I'm not sure the remicade caused the c diff but now to humira."

Woodjunkie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was given Remicade while in the hospital. They premedicated me with Tylenol and Benadryl. After the Benadryl wore off, I broke out with severe hives from head to toe. I took Benadryl and then Zyrtec for ten days and neither helped the hives much. Thankfully, they finally went away. Horrible experience. I looked like I had a plague."

NotAhappyUc'er September 17, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with a reactive Rheumatoid Arthritis August 1998 after getting the first shot of Hepatitis B vaccine which triggered my RA. I was on Prednisone for a year, Plaquenil, sulafalazine(which almost killed me), arava (leflunomide) for a while, was on Humira which didint help, changed to Enbrel which gave me rashes. In 2000, my rheumatologist who was into RA research and had RA himself ordered Remicaide infusion wtih MTX. That's 15 years ago of quality of life and contnuing 5mg Remicaide every 10 weeks. All my RA labs and tests are negative except CCP (which is 5X higher than the normal. This coming month I'll be OFF my MTX. Even when I'm on Remission I did not stop my Remicaide coz flare ups are worst than the first symptoms."

Redlady267 (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Right after my daughters 13 yr. birthday, she had severe bleeding and was diagnosed with severe crohns and colitis. She has been on Remicade since January and has infusions every six weeks. She was on put on Prednisone in March since the infusions did not stop the bleeding alone. She is now being weened off the steroids, Thank God, and is on Remicade for the rest if ths year for now. She gets a boost of energy and after her infusions, but is very smart about what she can and cant eat. Prayers to u all going through this."

Goober-Zoe July 21, 2015