User Reviews for Remicade

6.2

Summary of Remicade reviews 7.8 140 reviews

Reviews for Remicade

J · Taken for 10 years or more July 18, 2019

For Psoriasis "Been getting Remicade every six weeks for around 20 years. Went from almost full body psoriasis to just a couple patches. Miracle drug for me."

Babakuul · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have only been living with this UC for about 5 months and couldn’t find anything to help .After 1st infusion notice a big improvement till I hurt my back and took a lot of Ibuprofen and Aleve for the pain and had major flare up had my 2nd infusion and then that clear up by about 80%. Now have anxieties but not from remicade going for my 3rd infusion in 2-1/2 weeks then every 8 weeks. Prayers and positive attitude and good diet I will be fine"

J R · Taken for 10 years or more May 14, 2019

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 26 years old and I am now 66 and have been on Remicade since 2008. I get my infusion every 8 weeks and for me it works for my Crohn's. I am somewhat tired after my infusion, sometimes the next day for about half the day. For me I can't imagine not being on it."

PHINS 1972 · Taken for 10 years or more April 1, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking this med for over ten years now truly a life saver. I have had no side effects and have been able to do almost everything I used too. I only take Remicade, no methotrexate as I took myself off of that because of liver side effects. I also have for several years now extended my infusion out to every 10 weeks I am the only patient I know who does this. I have not seen any negative effects from doing this. Great drug"

RoiS January 14, 2019

For Psoriasis "It only partially worked after four months of use and then completely stopped working after fourteen month's after starting. However, then again, I've only had one TNF inhibitor worked well after six months of use and for next twelve months before it stopped working. I've tried five different TNF inhibitors and one other"

Paddyo · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 1, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been diagnosed with UC for about 15 years. I have been on various forms of mesalamine for the entire time. On and off of prednisone, 5-60 mg a day. Remicade had me close to remission for 5 years. While on Remicade I was able to drop the prednisone. For that, I'm grateful for the Remicade. After about 5 years it suddenly lost it's effectiveness. I then went back to the Prednisone while waiting to get approved for Entyvio. Remicade was given via IV every two months. Entyvio did absolutely nothing for me. I'm now on Simponi which is starting to show promising results. It supposedly works on the same inhibitors as Remicade. A lot of trial and error. Be patient and keep the faith."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 4, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My wife had RA from when she was a child. She had used the normal meds till remicade. She was in Japan and started on remicade in Apr 2007 and die in Feb 2008 from the reactions/side effect to it. I advise that if you get any of the side effect symptoms to see your doctor right away. I have found that if you get one symptom you will get more. There are 3 pages of side effects/reactions."

Lulu · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I feel very tired all the time, am house bound due to fatigue and pain. I also have Ankolysing Spondylitis. I’m due for my third 8 weeks treatment next week. It also makes my moods labile in the first week after treatment. I’m 62 years old, unable to work. I’m hoping for things to get better soon."

carol · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 1, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After several years on the drug I developed asthma and then chronic bronchitis which ended with a severe bout of pneumonia. This happened despite my taking the vaccination of it. Please be aware of these problems. I had told my doctor who really did not listen until I got very sick and then agreed it was in part, the Remicade"

Kenbridge86 · Taken for 10 years or more July 18, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "I went on this medicine in 2003 because of disease in my ileum. I was diagnosed with Crohn's the year before, and nothing had worked - asacol, prednisone, imuran. Then Remicade was a LIFESAVER! I actually could live my life like a normal person again! I had a hard time scheduling my infusions because I was in college, so my advice would be to get it as close to your due date (7 weeks, 8 weeks, etc) as you can so you can get ahead of the flare. I've noticed that if I get my remicade late, I feel pretty terrible until my next dose. I've never gotten sick or had an allergic reaction from it, and I've been on it for 15 years. It's not working as well as it once did, so I'm hoping I can change to a shot so I don't have to sit through an infusion. If you're considering going on Remicade, I highly recommend it. It helped me live a semi-normal life. However, I did develop psoriasis about 10 years ago. I'd happily take psoriasis if it means I can be on Remicade. Best of luck!"

Bun · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "Got this med two times, first time I used it I got just a little cough, but couple of days later I couldn't walk at all, and the pain was really bad. Went to hospital, nothing found. The pain eased, so tried another time and my airways closed up. After a couple of years after this my hips still hurts , can't get up from bed or chair every time by myself. This shouldn't be used."

Paula · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Remicade works well for me. I'm a 30 year old female. I have been on Remicade for 3 years. I sometimes have nausea after the infusions for 1-3 days and hot flashes. My iritis and uveitis have both been put in remission since being placed on Remidade!"

Anne April 25, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had RA for a few years and decided to try Remicade, during the infusion my chest started to get tight. I asked the nurse to check me and she checked my blood pressure , it went from 121/78 to over 250/120 in 15 minutes. She switched off the machine and I was taken to the ER for and EKG."

Kwixotic · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 13, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Six years of Remicade infusions so as to replace prior intake of Prednisone. Must say quite effective, HOWEVER, about 3 1/2 years into it got Shingles of the eye and subsequent post-herpetic neuralgia (and there's still some itching almost five years later). Then August of 2017 got cellulitis in the right arm, a very painful infection requiring a seven day stay in the hospital on antibiotics followed by a week long IV administration at home. Once I was better, I have stopped the Remicade and so long as I am enjoying the remission I'll never return to it. My GI doc has suggested Entyvio but I most likely wouldn't even do that. Heck, if it ain't broke don't fix it!( I don't wish to tamper with my immune system and bring about more disasters!)."

Ashers2004 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 12, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Arthritis (RA) September of 2015 (29 years old). First I was on Plaquenil which never seemed to help and on top of it I developed a terrible hive rash which went away once I stopped taking it. Next I tried Humira. That worked great for about 6 months before my symptoms came back. Now I'm on Remicade and have been for almost a year now. It works great. I get my infusion every 8 weeks and have NO SYMPTOMS!! I love Remicade. It gave me my life back. I am slightly concerned though because I've developed another rash that won't seem to go away after 2 months of dealing with it, trying steroids etc etc. Cross your fingers it's not Remicade causing my rash. I'll cry!"

jcs5313 · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 3, 2017

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis started at 17. Was diagnosed at 31. Tested positive for the gene HLA-B27. Diagnosed with Crohn's at 33. Psoriatic arthritis at 50. Have been on remicade every 6 weeks for 9 years. It is no longer working for me. I am having flares of each disease. Any suggestions?"

Bob E M October 17, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "I was on remicade for about 4 plus years maybe 5. This medicine does a number on your immune system. When I started taking the medicine there were no warnings like there is now. But basically felt great. I live in Midwest played hockey get with this stuff. The problem was I travelled West to Nevada and got Valley Fever. Well had surgery about 4 months after being in Nevada and Midwest doctors had to idea. Well come to say I had intestine removed to remove narrowing but was unable to take Valley Fever pills and pills to stop Crohn's from coming. But valley fever would kill me as Crohns would just be pain. So long story short don't go or live in fungical areas and take this unless you don't value your life and that will take you down."

Don't have one October 9, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "I was on Remicade for five years and the Crohn's Disease went into remission BUT it did a number on my immune system. I got staph infection and eventually a septic hip. Had to have hip surgery which consisted of a spacer for 6 months as well as medication through a pic line. In hospital for three and a 1/2 months and nearly another 3 months at home before I was in condition to have a hip replacement. I also have kidney disease which is partly due to medications I took while fighting Crohn's disease. Just waiting to die and get these diseases over with. Really consider the side effects of Remicade - septic hip was not mentioned."

Shuleran · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2017

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had my first infusion of Remicade last week. I have been unbelievably sleepy for the last 4 days. I have read that this is a side effect but I am kind of surprised by the level of sleepy that I am experiencing. I hope that this is just me catching up on my sleep as I have not been sleeping well due to pain for sometime. I do like the infusion so much better than the self-injected Humira. I hated that needle and found myself putting off my injection for a couple of days or "forgetting" that I was supposed to get it. Hoping for good results with Remicade."

Welcho · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was on enbrel for nearly 9 years before it stopped working and humira didn't work at all for me. I started remicade nearly 4 years ago, my Dr started me out getting an infusion every 8 weeks and over the first year he brought it down to every 4 weeks. It's been working great but after the first 2 years my knees started bothering me but after some injection at my orthopedist they have been under control. Now both my elbows are really bothering me, at first it was when I woke up but now it's 24-7. I go in for my next infusion next week and will talk to my rheumatologist about the pain. I was curious to see if anyone else has had knee or elbow pain after being on remicade"

Cindylee60 August 3, 2017

For Crohn's Disease "Who is responsible for the Patient who got very ill after using Remicade for Crohn's ?? I know have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus with fungal infection, which I will have the rest of my life. I had to retire early from work, On Disability. My quality of life is not so good...I have tried but Jannsen Pharma Company who produces Remicade was like, so sorry...That was it. Not even helping me with medical care for rest of my life. Rotten, really is rotten. So back to, Who is responsible???"

A Haff · Taken for 10 years or more July 25, 2017

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have been on Remicade since I was 7 years old when I developed crohns disease, I am 26 years old this year. For the past 19 years I have been receiving this medicine and it has kept me healthy. You do need to find a cycle be it 4, 6 or 8 weeks for your infusions. I do every 6 weeks and it keeps my symptoms minimal. The day of and the day after the infusion I feel like crap, tired, painful joints, but after that wears off I feel a lot better than before the infusion."

Davefilms · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2017

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My 13 y/o had his first infusion. So far so good. No side effects."

crystal92 June 12, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I started remicade in 2010 and stopped remicade in 2016, almost seven years it worked absolute wonders for me. Amazing for my Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), my arthritis started when I was a baby and I am now 25 year old female. Within the first year I developed psoriasis, who cares right? I can walk, I can actually bend my knees, zero pain. I started doing UVB light therapy and my psoriasis has not been back. 2016 I developed what I first thought was heat rash. Turned out after months and months of pain, swelling, terrible rash all over my legs that I had developed hypersensitivity leukocytoclastic vasculitis. A listed rare, severe side effect which immediately had my doctor taking me off of remicade. Giving remicade a 5 because it worked for me but couldn't continue."

aj112990 May 30, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This was black labeled and are hiding side effects. My mother is sitting in a hospital with cancer and other problems leading back to this drug"