User Reviews for Remicade

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Remicade.

Remicade Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 129 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease.

Reviews for Remicade to treat Crohn's Disease

"I was on remicade for about 4 plus years maybe 5. This medicine does a number on your immune system. When I started taking the medicine there were no warnings like there is now. But basically felt great. I live in Midwest played hockey get with this stuff. The problem was I travelled West to Nevada and got Valley Fever. Well had surgery about 4 months after being in Nevada and Midwest doctors had to idea. Well come to say I had intestine removed to remove narrowing but was unable to take Valley Fever pills and pills to stop Crohn's from coming. But valley fever would kill me as Crohns would just be pain. So long story short don't go or live in fungical areas and take this unless you don't value your life and that will take you down."

Bob E M October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Remicade for five years and the Crohn's Disease went into remission BUT it did a number on my immune system. I got staph infection and eventually a septic hip. Had to have hip surgery which consisted of a spacer for 6 months as well as medication through a pic line. In hospital for three and a 1/2 months and nearly another 3 months at home before I was in condition to have a hip replacement. I also have kidney disease which is partly due to medications I took while fighting Crohn's disease. Just waiting to die and get these diseases over with. Really consider the side effects of Remicade - septic hip was not mentioned."

Don't have one October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Who is responsible for the Patient who got very ill after using Remicade for Crohn's ?? I know have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus with fungal infection, which I will have the rest of my life. I had to retire early from work, On Disability. My quality of life is not so good...I have tried but Jannsen Pharma Company who produces Remicade was like, so sorry...That was it. Not even helping me with medical care for rest of my life. Rotten, really is rotten. So back to, Who is responsible???"

Cindylee60 August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on remicade for nearly 5 years. it was working great for me up until last October when I started developing sinus infections. I am in remission but yet I still can't work - my life isn't normal anymore time to switch it up"

izzypoops February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I started Remicade I felt amazing very quickly and even decided that I was able to start living my life again. Unfortunately for me and my new boyfriend all the Remicade was really doing was masking my symptoms my Crohn's was very much still active as I found out on my 25th birthday when I was admitted to the hospital and then sent to a more qualified hospital as I live in a small town. I was in hospital for almost 2 months at this point trying various ways to try and get my Crohn's under control to no avail. I ended up having my second surgery at that point and less than a year later having my third surgery. Remicade just wasn't worth the $4000 per infusion in the end for me."

RachelV86 October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worst drug!!Save yourself by not trying this poison. Had serious lung injury."

Kavkeet Kaur randhawa September 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have perianal problem whit my crohn's...Remicade help me lot I have less diarhea...But...I'm very tired all the time...I have sinus infections every 6 weeks...Eye infections..and urine infection. I don't know if I want to continue...My crohn's is better but I'm sick all the time "

colty34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a year or more on totally ineffective Humira I was put on Remicade. It has been effective for the most part. I am on the max dosage at every 4 weeks. At about 4 to 5 days before my infusion I develop my typical crohns symtoms which mostly involves pain. I had one blood test which indicated I was metabolizing the medication more quickly than normal. I if this problem persists I will be tested again to see if I have developed antibodies to the drug. Besides Humira being a total bust I react with high fever and chills to 6 MP. Prior to the Humira I had a resection of a foot of my illeum. I don't have any side effects to the Remicade just the issue I mentioned."

Danamy?? April 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Severe scalp psoriasis developed, no flare ups though."

Christiem (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First couple trips are the worst but after that it becomes a routine and it works wonders I'm not lying it gave me my life back until my insurance couldn't pay now I use Humira no competition. Remicade hands downed so if you are doing bad try it."

festulizingchronesremsvmylife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2013