User Reviews for Remicade to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

Remicade has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Remicade Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Reviews for Remicade

Anonymous February 21, 2011

“Remicade is the only medicine I have taken in the last 6yrs that has given me relief. I was scared to try it, but I have not had any side effects and the improvement is significant. It kicks in quickly for me (within a day), but it also wears off before my insurance will let me get another dose. Some relief is better than none, though, so no complaints from me. I only hope that I don't build up an immunity to it anytime soon.”

LAURA87 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 4, 2015

“Getting up in the morning and walking around is a lot less challenging since I started Remicade in June 2008. Before Remicade, I'd have to sit down in my tripod stool after just crossing the street due to extreme fatigue. Now I can walk to the grocery and back.”

Paula · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2018

“Remicade works well for me. I'm a 30 year old female. I have been on Remicade for 3 years. I sometimes have nausea after the infusions for 1-3 days and hot flashes. My iritis and uveitis have both been put in remission since being placed on Remidade!”

Cuity February 3, 2011

“My first go around in 2008 was like a miracle. No side effects! After 3 infusions I lost my medical coverage. Remicade took away the morning stiffness and the pain so much I was able to do push ups and squats. If you looked at my stooped forward posture you would know why that's such a big deal. I eventually started driving the city bus after being denied for Social Security. In Sept of 2010, after 2 years of no infusions my condition worsened and I resigned from my bus driver job due to neck movement restriction. Now back on state medical ACHHS, I'm back on Remicade, just had my 2nd infusion, but this time with a cough that I'm not sure was caused by Remicade, time will tell. Overall Remicade is as close to a miracle as it can get.”

SI · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2019

“I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I was given Remicade IV infusion 3 times. It helped a little with the stiffness in my SI joints and lower back. After each infusion I felt like I had the flu for about 4 days. After the 3rd infusion the bottoms of my feet became red with a rash and were burning, painful and itching. Now 3 weeks later both of the bottoms of my feet are numb. No one can tell me anything except perhaps its a side effect of getting "chemotherapy". I will not take it again!”

Goose Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2020

“I went on Remicade after Humira not working for my Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS). I am 60 years old. I was diagnosed with AS in 2017. I had the symptoms for many years before getting diagnosed correctly. Many women are misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I had the Remicade infusions due to Medicare not covering any of the other biologics. I had 4 infusions of the drug. Each time I felt unwell 3-4 days after getting the infusion. After the last infusion the bottoms of my feet because seriously red, sore, painful and peeling. The doctor said it was a reaction from the Remicade. Then I started to have Eczema on both of my arms and feet. I am still struggling with side effects from this drug. Now I have the AS symptoms along with not feeling well at all. I would not recommend taking this drug. It's is a biological med and my elderly body obviously could not handle it. Never would I take this drug again!”

Anonymous August 6, 2009

“I have been on Remicade since April after not getting any relief from Inbrel or Humira. The initial relief was wonderful, but the results since then have been very unreliable. I find that the week before my infusion is due, I am in terrible pain all over again. I also have a hard time with the methotrexate, it makes my stomach very upset and wipes me out the day I have to take it.”

jcs5313 · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 3, 2017

“Symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis started at 17. Was diagnosed at 31. Tested positive for the gene HLA-B27. Diagnosed with Crohn's at 33. Psoriatic arthritis at 50. Have been on remicade every 6 weeks for 9 years. It is no longer working for me. I am having flares of each disease. Any suggestions?”

ChristieElizabeth · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2021

“After 8 days of my first infusion I woke up in the middle of the night itching from head to toe with hives all over my head & both my lips swollen looking like I had my lips injected. Needless to say I won’t be taking it again. On a side note, I felt worse after the infusion like I had the flu & my hands & feet felt like someone smashed them with a sledgehammer.”

New Anonymous July 3, 2013

“Have it every 6 weeks but after 5 weeks I get very sore just below my shoulders, sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes center. I go on Tylenol when I can't take the pain.”

Learn more about Ankylosing Spondylitis