User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Remicade Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 370 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Remicade to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"I started remicade in 2010 and stopped remicade in 2016, almost seven years it worked absolute wonders for me. Amazing for my Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), my arthritis started when I was a baby and I am now 25 year old female. Within the first year I developed psoriasis, who cares right? I can walk, I can actually bend my knees, zero pain. I started doing UVB light therapy and my psoriasis has not been back. 2016 I developed what I first thought was heat rash. Turned out after months and months of pain, swelling, terrible rash all over my legs that I had developed hypersensitivity leukocytoclastic vasculitis. A listed rare, severe side effect which immediately had my doctor taking me off of remicade. Giving remicade a 5 because it worked for me but couldn't continue."

crystal92 June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was black labeled and are hiding side effects. My mother is sitting in a hospital with cancer and other problems leading back to this drug"

aj112990 May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Initially, it worked great. When the doses were administered close together, I rarely had a flare, and when I did they were very mild. As the time between infusions was increased, I began to have more frequent and severe flares. My Rheumatologist and I are currently working to adjust the dosing schedule."

KMcCoop98 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with Systemic Sarcoidosis. After a year and 1/2 of trying different medications with no relief, I started Remicade. The first two Infusions got rid of the flu like symptoms and the horrible aching pain throughout my body. The third Infusion got rid of the same symptoms, except I do feel knee and back pain still due to damage done to those areas from arthritis. I felt the back and knee pain after the first two Infusions too. I didn't realize how sick I was until I felt better. The last time I didn't feel like I had the flu all the time, was 32 years ago! I thank God for Remicade! It's a miracle drug. I have absolutely zero side effects too! I give it a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10!"

Elibethlizeliza May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Like some RA people, diagnosed easily back in 1990. Genetically "gifted" it from maternal side. Having tried all the old first line drugs w/o success I started on second line of meds including Enbrel. It was great for 6 months. Then it stopped. Remicade was started & after one infusion I had a horrible reaction: Serum Sickness" . Paralyzed for 3 days, severe allodynia (pain all over). Would never take this drug. It was the mouse protein in Remicade that I reacted to. Wish you all well!"

GramaJ April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed w/ severe RA in 2009 by my general practitioner who discovered it through a blood test, which is not always common. Well, after being on MTX 8pills/a wk. (for 8 yrs) and Arava daily I have also been on Enbrel, Humira, Actemra, Orencia & Zeljanz one worked most didn't. I finally just started Remicade infusion on 2/16/17. The first day I slept 20 hrs. a few days later no change then yesterday ~The Miracle Day~ not one single pain, no flare ups 100% pain free! OMG I was so happy I cried! Today not so good as yesterday but I'm very hopeful! Good Luck to the rest of you all!!!"

SusanM99 February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just had 3rd remicade infusion, can't believe all I'm able to do. Due to some joint damage in knees and hips, not totally free of pain. Best I've felt in years. Severely reduced prednisone after 3 years, plan to stop. Diagnosed in 2013, but have had symptoms off and on for 25 Years. Little to no improvement with humira, enbrel, orencia, Actemra,plaquenil,methotrexate made me sick, xeljanz,sulfasalazine. Vitamins, no sugar, wheat or milk helped me also. Joint pain and swelling nearly gone. Praying it lasts, thanking God."

Lanagirl February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with RA in 2004 and began steroids and methotrexate. Next started Enbrel for approximately 8 months but the citric acid in the Enbrel was unbarable. Then I began Remicade Infusions. I started out nine years ago every 6 weeks. I'm now on 700 mg every four weeks and weekly injections of Methotrexate but wouldn't change a thing. I still have stiffness here or there but the fatigue and pain I use to experience are gone and I live a full and happy life. It's been such a Blessing to me."

Nickie S January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with a reactive Rheumatoid Arthritis August 1998 after getting the first shot of Hepatitis B vaccine which triggered my RA. I was on Prednisone for a year, Plaquenil, sulafalazine(which almost killed me), arava (leflunomide) for a while, was on Humira which didint help, changed to Enbrel which gave me rashes. In 2000, my rheumatologist who was into RA research and had RA himself ordered Remicaide infusion wtih MTX. That's 15 years ago of quality of life and contnuing 5mg Remicaide every 10 weeks. All my RA labs and tests are negative except CCP (which is 5X higher than the normal. This coming month I'll be OFF my MTX. Even when I'm on Remission I did not stop my Remicaide coz flare ups are worst than the first symptoms."

Redlady267 (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had my latest infusion yesterday. It just started to kick in. My fatigue is slot nonexistent and I have the energy that I used to have with Humira."

sawbuzz May 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on Remicade for many years with no side effects at all, perhaps a little tired every once in a while, but nothing serious. My doctor and I questioned whether I had rheumatoid arthritis. Then all of a sudden the Remicade stopped working and bam I had 2 flares that were unbelievable before doc could get anything to work for me. I was heart broken because it was such a good medicine for me."

Jeslookin50 March 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had been on REMICADE since 2003 (11 years) 5vials every 4weeks. Doctor took it away due to issues with the infusion dept. I hate not being on REMICADE. REMICADE did wonders for me, it gave me life back and unfortunately I am back to where I started 11+ years ago. I am having difficulty with everything, I can barely type this comment."

Glorzmore43 February 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible joint swelling/pain, fatigue like none other. Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Dr. figures I probably have had this 15 years, a few replacements along the way. Took MAJOR flare to be diagnosed. Loads of joint damage all over. Started on Remicade, nervous. Cannot take methotrexate due to kidney disease. Third dose dr increased dose, 5 days feeling worn then MIRACLE! NO swelling, pain, best I have been in years, no fatigue. Hoping it continues with each infusion. In tears of joy everyday with my quality of life."

Dee dee I Di (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Remicade for the past four years. It has recently started giving me bad reactions during the infusion. My arthritis would also flare 1.5-2 weeks after the infusion. Loved Remicade, hated how expensive it was."

Anonymous April 19, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For two year (09' 10') we were trying to figure out why my knee hurt so bad. Over the two years it moved into my whole body! I had seen 5 doctors but they had no idea and gave me guidelines of what I could not do. Which made the RA flare up worse. On Dec. 8, 10 I was at school (I am not one to complain about pain) and I broke down crying. My rheumatoid arthritis had gotten so bad in my back that it started shuting down my SNS and I could not walk. I had to have my friends carry me to the school office. My parents stayed home with me for a week because I could not move without someone. We were able to get in to see a pediatric rheumatologist on Dec. 15 10. That day I was dianosed with the disease. This is the first medicine that has helped."

Ilovedocbrimmingham February 26, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love it! I'm 16 and have been treated for five years. Methotrexate made me sick and Enbrel, via Epi pen, was more uncomfortable than my arthritis. Remicade is pain free and the time inconvenience is worth it."

Anonymous February 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had rheumatoid arthirtis for 1 year now, and continue to take Sulfasalazine and Nabumetone daily. I stopped taking the Enbrel after 7 months as it was no longer relieving joint pains. I have had two infusions so far, and do notice improvement in my most painful joint (shoulder). My rheumatologist prescribed a dose pack of steroids, which I took after my 1st infusion. Receiving these drugs together, I was hoping for more improvement, but I will take what I can get. My arm has markedly improved range of motion, although it is not back to normal. My legs are still stiff, and I still need to shuffle my feet when I walk. I go back for my third infusion next month, and thereafter infusions will be every 6-8 weeks. I sure am hopeful this treatment will improve my quality of life."

Anonymous May 25, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have had 4 Remicade infusions in combination with MTX and Plaquinil. The 1st infusion was great and all my pain was gone. I thought OMG a miracle drug! Then 2nd infusion I had a reaction which felt like I was having a stress test performed, a bit scary and then the hands and feet broke out with a horrible psoriasis type rash which I have never had before (and still can't seem to cure). 3rd infusion with Benadryl injection was 6 hours of slight reaction and then little or no relief from the pain. 4th injection with twice as much Benadryl prior to the injection and 10 hours of reaction while being infused and zero relief after. the fact. I gave up on Remicade. "

Anonymous January 13, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffered with RA for over 15 years in most of my joints. 6 years ago I moved to a new state and started with a new RA doctor. She started me on Remicade and lowered the dosage of methotrexate. I have been pain free for the past 6 years. Love my doctor and Remicade."

johnppm November 9, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On Remicade for 10 months. At each infusion the dose has gone up with no lasting relief. Now at 800mg every six weeks relief lasted only 2 weeks, 2 days. Back on Prednisone and Darvocet until I see doctor tomorrow. Nothing has worked except combination of Arava and Methotrexate. Had to leave Methotrexate several years ago because of high liver enzymes. At this point nothing seems to give relief except Prednisone and I WILL not take that even more than a few days. Possibly adding Arava to Remicade after tomorrow. I am getting very tired of constant pain."

Anonymous November 4, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It has worked miracles in the past 8 yrs. I have had no side effects from it when used with Arava. Doctor has me now taking methotrexate and my body rejected the IV first time with the new medicines."

Chris G October 4, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on two other DMARDs (Enbrel and Orencia) with little or only so-so results. With Remicade I felt relief almost immediately with no adverse reactions. I noticed my inflammation and pain have greatly decreased but most importantly the fatigue that dogged me has lifted. I am hoping that this medicine keeps working for a long time. Best wishes."

CynV June 29, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a double synovectomy of my right wrist and left elbow in 1985 at the age of twenty, I had sixteen years of remission, until 2001 when I had a downward spiral rheumatic flare. I was disabled for eight months and my Rheumatologist put me on very high doses of Methotrexate and Vioxx. I was only able to walk with a cane. Relief in 2002 to 2003 and another flare-up dislocated my left wrist and crippled my fingers. Started the year 2004 with a synovectomy of the left wrist. At this point I had enough of the Methotrexate and Vioxx. I sought alternative treatments of Gloucosamine/MSM, with Tylenol Arthritis for pain. 2006 Flare-up, I moved to RTP, where my Doctor introduced me to Remicade with medium doses of Methotrexate. No pain, I'm happy."

ADL October 30, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My results have been excellent."

Anonymous October 2, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in August 2005. I am 33 years old now. I tried Enbrel that worked for a little while in combination with methotrexate. Then on to Humira and methotrexate. After that didn't work I started Remicade infusions with Arava in April 2007. I have been pain free ever since. I have not had one flare up or stiffness since. Occasionally when the weather is bad I know it is coming but that is expected with arthritis. Remicade is wonderful."

NURSERYNURSE2004YAHOO.COM July 11, 2008