User Reviews for Celebrex (Page 3)

Learn more about Celebrex.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 1 reviews 129 medications

Period Pain 1 reviews 82 medications

4.7
Summary of Celebrex reviews 112 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Celebrex

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was given Celebrex for arthritis in my knee. After taking it for about two weeks I started to notice not only was my knee better and I was able to resume all of my normal activities with no pain but my foot that I had been suffering from planter fasciitis for two and a half years was finally not hurting. I had been through every treatment and three different foot doctors with no relief at all. Celebrex is by far the best medicine I have taken it has given me back my life in more ways then one."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 76 year old female and have been taking Celebrex on and off for many years. When my arthritis gives me pain I take it for about 2 or 3 weeks and the pain is gone. Right now I have been taking it everyday for the last 3 months because I need a knee replacement and I am practically free of pain. I highly recommend Celebrex for any kind of pain. I have had no side effects."

Kaylenmar (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "This medicine is really great for pain. Down side makes my blood pressure rise."

bronxie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "Very expensive but worth it. I've have football knees and a bad back. This cleans up the stiffness and gets things circulating. Eat right after you take it. I have been taking this for years and I'd be lost without it."

experienced8585 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 7, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well."

biggulp October 31, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "This is the only medicine that works for me. I have tried many many others with no effect. I have MS and in pain all the time. Arthritis in my spine is very painful, and this really helps me."

Lazy_E (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2012

For Pain "Didn't do much for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2012

For Pain "Did not help my back pain."

slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After a year of back pain this is a miracle, except for indigestion and gastric discomfort after a week of use. I take medicine to minimize the indigestion."

Anonymous June 28, 2012

For Pain "I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old."

mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2012

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "I have severe osteoarthritis of the right knee and was facing a certain total knee replacement. As a "last resort" for pain relief, I tried Celebrex 200 mg. For about two months, there was no impact on pain or improved knee function. Then (as if by magic), the constant pain went away and my knee function returned to just about normal. I now have the ability to exercise and move like the whole thing never happened! I'm certainly glad I stuck with the medication, as it's been "almost a miracle". Now, I have to decide whether to proceed with knee replacement, or will Celebrex buy me a few more years."

SkepticJ December 24, 2011

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I need a new knee and get Synvisc shots every 6 months. Not so much pain, but often uncomfortable and the knee is very useless after about 4 months. Found Celebrex and took it. As package said, it took a couple of weeks to do much, but then woke up pain free one morning. Amazing. I have a very stressful job though and seem to have developed a heart condition. Did Celebrex contribute? I do not know, but have discontinued its use."

Anonymous September 26, 2011

For Pain "I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "For pain and swelling of my joints it worked the best, but my blood pressure went up and heart disease runs in my family. I wish I could have continued taking it."

auntniknik August 14, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "A very good medicine that works for my knee pain, sometimes I do have to top it up with Tylenol Arthritis. All in all I recommend it for osteoarthritis."

Anonymous July 28, 2011

For Pain "I started having extreme joint pain almost overnight and was like that for over 2 weeks. The Doctor put me on Celebrex, 2 pills 2 times a day for 5 days with 1 pill once a day since. I feel so much better and no side effects, not even an upset stomach. I'm so happy there is a pain medication that is not a steroid or narcotic."

Anonymous June 27, 2011

For Pain "I have a disc protrusion at c4-5 and c5-6 which causes a narrowing in the foriminal which causes nerve root pain. In May of 2009 I was in excruciating pain and through the advice of my chiropractor he suggested that I mention to my spine specialist the medication Celebrex. My specialist said let's give it a try, and WOW what a miracle. I went from extreme pain, I wasn't even able to sleep on my left side, couldn't walk due to pain running down from my shoulder to my left thumb. I couldn't even bend to shave my legs. Well other than a little stomach irritation in the beginning, I have little to no pain. My insurance picks up the price of the medicine with me having to pay a nominal copay of $45.00. I can now exercise, ride my bike."

Anonymous June 20, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I don't like using medicines at all, especially long-term, but Celebrex did tame my symptoms enough for me to be able to pursue other therapies. It wasn't perfect. I still limped and had some pain and stiffness issues but it made a world of difference. I am now off of it, and have taken a big hit in my flexibility and mobility. "

SuzyG June 13, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I woke up one morning unable to walk and in horrible pain after a day out walking on the board walk. I took everything I could think of. Finally took Celebrex and within one hour the pain was gone. "

fl1 June 6, 2011

For Pain "On 400 mg a day and it works great in regards to my synovitis pain in all my joints that my lupus causes. No side effects after taking it for two months. I prefer taking this over prednisone any day."

Anonymous June 4, 2011

For Pain "I have a 50% compression fracture of my L1 and Celebrex is the only thing that will alleviate the pain. Unfortunately it upsets my stomach."

Anonymous March 25, 2011

For Pain "After my two total hip replacements I still have chronic pain due to having avascular necrosis. I rely on Celebrex to literally allow me to be able to walk. I received some samples in 2006 following my second surgery. My doctor at that time had enough samples so that I was taking them on a regular basis. Only after a short period without them did we realize to what extent they were helping me. I sincerely believe that I could not live a normal life without the Celebrex. It scares me to think that one day I may not be able to get it due to not being able to afford it. My co-pay is $60.00 for Celebrex every month and it is hard to do. I tell anyone I can what Celebrex has done for me, with absolutely no side effects."

jenjen22 March 15, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Have been on Celebrex for a year. Initially for TMJ issues, then picked up mild-to-moderate rheumatoid arthritis last summer. Been on it continuously except for a couple month long steroid regimens. I wouldn't call it a miracle medicine, but it knocks my inflammation and pain back about 60%. Certainly not as effective as the steroid, but 60% is enough to keep me fully functional and unlike the steroid, I have minimal to zero side effects with it."

Matt in NC March 14, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I envy the people who have had success with Celebrex. I need both knees replaced for osteoarthritis, and I also have pain in my back, neck, elbows, hips and wrists. I've been on Celebrex for 6 or 7 years. When I first used it, it used to make me very dizzy. But it NEVER ever relieved any pain for me! I always had to pop multiple Tylenol, Motrin or Advil to supplement, in order to get even minimum relief. My doctor put me on Arthrotec today, and I am really hoping for success. If that doesn't work, he's going to try me on Tylenol-3 (codeine-based)."

Callianne March 2, 2011