User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Celebrex Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 228 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Celebrex to treat Osteoarthritis

"Generally has been effective in treating osteoarthritis pain/ inflammation. For me it worked noticeably better than meloxicam. I have taken it on an as needed basis for at least 5 years and have had no appreciable side effects."

63galxy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After the results of the latest 10 year study came out in late 2016 claiming the safety of the product, I decided to ask my doctor to put me on it for my Osteoarthritis. It helped immensely! I am sure my pain was decreased by at LEAST 30-40% if not more! When you're in constant pain and discomfort, that amount is a huge relief! I started just a few weeks before my hip replacement due to "bone on bone" caused by my osteoarthritis. ANY relief is welcome! I would most definitely recommend this to anyone to at least try! I use the generic brand."

M.Stone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Celebrex allows me to go day to day almost pain free. Nothing else fights my pain caused by osteoarthritis of the upper spine. I have taken 200 mg once a day on and off for over 15 years. Occasionally I do need to take it daily for a few weeks. I am so grateful for this med and for the doctors who prescribe it. I strongly recommend it."

Ranch girl (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ive been taking celebrex for a couple of yrs, I always thought it made me too tired, about a wk ago it made me so tired I fell and hit my ribs and now I have pain in my ribs that probably won't go away for wks, I decided not to refill it and just take stuff like aleve instead, all it did was create more pain by cracking my ribs or whatever it did to it, thought people should know about this side effect especially since my doctor didnt tell me about it, then I wouldnt have hurt my ribs in vain knowing that I've helped others know this information"

using celebrex November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"What a JOKE! Doesn't do anything unless you count the side effects! You'll only accept constructive criticism, so, avoid a gut ache added to pain, slow burning urination when you NEVER before had an issue. Doctors really need to LISTEN to patients, and stop assuming that they know more about my body than I do. This MAY work for some, or it may be a placebo effect, but for me it did nothing but add to my problems! Doctors also need to consider QUALITY of life over QUANTITY. I do NOT want to live with this pain, and if they can't or won't give me what works, then let me go. I have enough without risking a stroke too!"

1strangepuppy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am suffering with, swelling in right leg ankle, but however, there is no pain. I was prescribed 200 mg of this capsule, to be taken twice a day by my doctor. Took the dosage as prescribed by the doctor for two days, and noticed light-headedness, palpation and difficulty in remembering."

PNS (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First one I took my heart was racing I thought I just had to get use to medication.second one the same the third one I had a severe allergic reaction ended up in the hospital thought I was going to die.I would not recommend anyone ever take this terrible medication."

Lilly Anne November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started using celebrex a few days ago.i was taking 1600-3200 mg daily for severe knee pain. It barely helped, and I have had stomach ulcers, so my pcp recommend this med. It's only helped a little but,but I'd like to give it a few months. Today I woke up feeling sick.i have a hot, flushed face and just feel terrible. and I have not been feeling well lately anyway and have wheezing and a cough ..but i hope this isn't a side effect."

Josie4020 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 82 yr old retired scientist, walking daily 4 miles in 1 hr. Suddenly I developed extreme arthritic pain in my right hip. Pain was unbearable at night. No pain killers helped including morphine. My doctor prescribed 200 mg Celebrex for 14 days. It helped instantly, particularly at night. Believe it or not, now I have pain in me left hip, my shoulders, elbows, and even severe pain in my left wrist! I have been off Celebrex for one week and I am relying on physical therapy to minimize the arthritic pain. No more Celebrex."

Oleh August 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"5 weeks ago I had a full knee replacement. The going was tough but I started taking celebrex and with therapy I jogged down my driveway tonight. (UNBELIEVABLE) I stopped taking oxycodone. I couldn't be more happier. Now going back for a hip replacement. All of this and I am 79 years old."

White Eagle June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 31 year old male US Army combat vet who suffers from arthritis. For years it went untreated and I was in pain every day all day until I was prescribed Celebrex, within a few days I felt better than I had in years. Upon waking in the morning I take 100mg's and within an hour or so I feel relief, if I miss a dose I can tell and I can feel it. I do not suffer any of the mentioned side affects after approximately 5 years. Of course it does not work for everyone but at this point I cannot live without it"

Chrid January 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went to the doctor with fluid around my knee. At this point it was stiff and only a little sore. 5 days later, I have stopped taking it because my knee has become painful and useless. I also started developing bruises easily. This is easily the worst medication I have ever taken (along with Clindamycin in a close second)."

emilyb4982 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked like magic for my Mom. She can now move around without pain and do the things she coundn't do before."

Fel June 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think it is great for osteo-arthritis of hip - but others work for me equally well e.g. Mobic, Voltaren. I chose Celebrex as I have read it is gentler on stomach and kidneys. The only downside is the fear I get reading about heart problems - so I change every few months an alternate the meds - with a week off in between (when I go back to limping). But I have no problems - in fact I did notice that Celebrex takes a few days to work whereas Mobic and Voltaren are almost instant"

JohnK1954 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have OA in my hands, knee, and spine. I have been taking Celebrex for over 12 years. I have slightly high blood pressure. It could be from Celebrex but the benefits of Celebrex outweigh the possible side effects I have experienced. I am having a second spine fusion in a week and have to stop taking Celebrex, per my doctor's request. I have read more positives to keep taking it through and after surgery...I dread going off it because I will not be able to use my hands. Celebrex improves my quality of life and I recommend anyone with severe arthritis to give it a try"

mav4me (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Celebrex is the ONLY medicine that signifcantly relieves my knee pain and allows me to walk in almost complete comfort. I take as needed, not everyday, per my doctor's recommendation, since I have high blood pressure (controlled with medicine) and high cholesterol, and have not taken it for longer than one month in a row without taking a significant break from the medicine afterward. However I will take 1 x 200 mg pill if I have a particularly active day ahead of me. I am 70 and have had no significant side effects."

Darcy R. January 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very effective, reduced pain to very low level, I was on Celebrex for 3 years on and off depending on severity of pain and had no problems, as pain got more prolonged I took 200mg on a daily basis. At about 6 months I devoloped increased ringing in the ears, followed by hearing noises which couldn't be explained by a specialist hearing Doctor"

Brins (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After breaking both ankles in 1987, I was diagnosed with arthritis in 1997, I put up with mild pain and joint stiffness for years until I started my new job in 2011 at age 45, (7-8 hours a day non stop on my feet) after each shift I would be in so much excruciating pain I wondered if the job was worth it. Went to see my doctor who prescribed 100mg Celebrex twice a day, first few days I noticed a small improvement but also had a bit of stomach discomfort. After a few weeks it was like I had new ankles! Little to no pain, so I went down to 100mg a day on days I don't work and 200mg a day when I work. Only other side effect I have had is significant hair loss/ thinning for a couple weeks every 6 months, it grows back though."

BarbHogan (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a 59 year old woman with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and I've been taking this medication for 3 months with no side effects at all. And I was expecting some so I've been pleasantly surprised. It does help with the pain but we are just getting into the cold, rainy season and time will tell just how much of a difference it really makes as this is when I'm in the most pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had bilateral knee replacements and severe multiple joint pains problems. I have been "around the block" with all sorts of medications to help me with pain & inflammation. This includes getting and becoming addicted to pain medication. I have not taken Celebrex because at the time my problems were so bad, they were pulling all the cox 2 inhibitors off the markets. I have been on Celebrex now for slightly over a month! What a God send! I am absolutely AMAZED at how well this has worked. Please give it a chance, you will be extremely satisfied!! Pfizer offers help paying for this RX. I have a $10 copayment but with help card $4.00!! Can't beat that!"

AmyAH (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this drug for three months and it worked wonderfully for the pain. However, after three months, I lost bowel control, which is a possible side effect."

Joahanna September 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am scheduled for knee replacement in a few weeks and my doctor prescribed Celebrex for me to take daily starting the day before surgery. I have been suffering with osteoarthritis for years. I am only 57 years old but my knees are so bad I walk like I am 90 years old. In addition to my knees I suffer with joint pain all over my body. I filled my prescription using the Celebrex discount card that I received from my doctor. My co pay with insurance was only $4.00. Without the discount card it would have cost $50.00. I decided to try the Celebrex now disregarding my doctors instructions. My very first day of taking Celebrex I noticed a big difference in my joint pain. I am on day three and my pain is much improved. Thank God!"

Linda in Covington September 11, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Reduced pain in my C2 but caused nausea, sinus pain, runny nose, cough, when taking 100mg daily, and severely increased symptoms when dose increased to 200 mg daily for one day. "

Wendyrd July 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm going to eventually have to have hip surgery, but Celebrex is the only medication that currently reduces my right hip pain to the point where I have restored quality of life."

CDEKR May 6, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 59 year old female. I have sport related injuries and have been suffering arthritis pain in both knees and hip for several years. Tried not to take medication all my life. Do not drink alcohol, tried chiropractic, tried massage therapy, do yoga regularly. But the pain was taking away my ability to enjoy life constant pain is a terrible thing. I have been taking Celebrex for approximately 1 week. I am sleeping better moving better and the pain has been reduced by at least 50%. Hoping to get my active life back. FINGERS CROSSED. Good Luck to fellow pain suffers this is definitely worth trying. Work with it. Don't drink alcohol. Eat something when you take it. I am on 2x200mg and will try to get that down to 1x. I tried 1x at first No Joy."

Fishing gal (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2014