User Reviews for Sumatriptan

Also known as: Alsuma, Imitrex, Imitrex Nasal, Imitrex Statdose, Onzetra Xsail, Sumavel DosePro, Zecuity, Zembrace SymTouch

Learn more about Sumatriptan.

Cluster Headaches 56 reviews 35 medications

New Daily Persistent Headache 6 reviews 0 medications

6.7
Summary of Sumatriptan reviews 304 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Sumatriptan

For New Daily Persistent Headache: "I've been having chronic headaches for the past month to the point where they get severe (not a migraine) so I asked my dr for Sumatripan and she gave me it, little did I know it doesn't get rid of the headache nor relieve it, I'm on day 2 of it and all it's done is make me dizzy, my chest feel heavy and horrible that I can't breathe and need to cough hard, my shoulders feel heavy and achein my neck, and it's made my headache feel like a full blown migraine which I haven't felt for 4 years, never having it again I don't recommend this medication it's made me feel really horrible"

Jay2017 January 10, 2017

For Migraine: "I was given these whilst in hospital as although I've had low pressure headaches the consultant decided it now have migraines?! .. so I mentioned to them I have bad anxiety especially when it comes to my health and any feelings within myself that I'm not ready for can make me panic. So they gave me the tablets, said to take one at home and I cannot explain the feelings I felt almost immediately after taking it -- my face started tingling around my nose and cheeks- my hands tingled, my throat was tight, my heart didn't feel right and my head felt almost numb. I wanted to be sick and I felt shakey... did I have any migraine? NO, but I would rather have a headache than experience all of those feelings. I wasn't informed of them!"

Alexldn89 January 6, 2017

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I have read many of the other reviews of Sumavel DosePro and agree that I have had some not fire when I go to inject myself. I have learned to be patient and continue to hold the applicator in place and continually push it into my skin until the injector fires. It sometimes takes a while, but it does eventually goes off. You just need to be patient. Yes, it's frustrating, but when you have a migraine, it's worth the wait. This has been a miracle drug for me and I will continue to use it as long as it is available to me!"

BBalla (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2017

For Cluster Headaches: "I been suffering with Cluster Headaches for over 10 years. I just used the injected form of Sumatripan. The pain was completely gone in 7 mins. Amazing!"

David2016 January 4, 2017

For Migraine: "I have suffered from chronic migraine headaches since I was 5- I have at least 16 a month. I've tried everything, had MRI's done, gone to several specialist and none could help me. Eventually I was put on Sumatriptain, which is used to stop the migraine in its track. I am prescribed 9 a month, and almost always I use all 9. This medicine has saved my life because after 30 minutes, my migraine is completely gone."

JuneBug25 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2017

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered migraines maybe 4 times a year or so since I was little. Usually accompanied by vomiting and complete inability to function. The past two years, after having my second daughter, the migraines have amped up to 3 or 4 a month- sometimes more. Imitrex works almost always to eliminate the migraine. Every once in awhile I wait too long and have to take two. I have no side effects to speak of which is crazy to me because I can't even use herbal remedies without experiencing weird side effects. I'm thankful for the scientists who created this drug. I always have it with me just in case and it keeps me from being out for the count with my two little girls."

MamaAnna84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "Will not ever touch it again! I suffer migraines so bad that I end up in the hospital almost on a regular basis. Well my doctor finally prescribed imitrex and I swore up and down that I wouldn't take it due to potential side effects, but my head hurt so bad today that I threw in the towel and took one. Mind you, I'm on the 100mg and it has done nothing but ignore my migraine causing it to manifest into a bigger one."

Starr9510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I suffered from migraines since I was 10 and am now 38. Mine are triggered by stress and monthly hormone fluctuations. I first tried Imitrex when I was 21 and it made me so dizzy I couldn't stand. Recently I tried it again when I was having a migraine at work and it was so bad I went to the emergency room afraid I was having a stroke. I used to take OTC meds and isolate myself in a dark quiet room. My migraines kept me from enjoying important events with my children. This drug has been life changing. I have experienced some sleepiness as a side effect but nothing that makes me non-functional."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

For Migraine: "Took this as given by doctor for migraines I was having daily, well never again will I take this tablet! Made me feel so unwell! I can't describe how I felt. Never again."

Ripple2222 December 8, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered from migraines for 32 years. Have taken several medications and combinations of said meds prescribed by my physician to combine. This past year has been a mild one as far as migraines for me but have had around 13 I guess and we tried Imitrex. I can say that it has worked for me. My migraines are triggered by the changes in barometric pressure due to weather so I almost always have them in spring and autumn."

Lolabonita (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "Been having headaches all of the sudden the entire month of November. Bad headaches! Was actually scared to take imitrex because of side effects but finally took it after 2 days of agony, and it worked!! So happy this worked for me"

NaNa21 December 1, 2016

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I've been suffering with migraine for 40 years. Tried everything on the market, including acupuncture. Used imitrex needle injections for many years. Learned about sumavel dosepro a few years ago. Loved this script. Very good success with it. However, in the past few months, I have had 12 injections not fire off. 15 or 20 minutes after my attempts, the cartridges fired off on my counter. Some never fired off and the medicine remained in the injector. I contacted Endo and they were helpful. Took the information and sent a postage paid envelope to return the defective injections to some lab in California. Endo forwarded info to my insurance company for replacements. Surprise, I'm still waiting for these replacements. Getting nowhere."

Brog November 29, 2016

For Migraine: "This med works well for me in about 30 mins. My comment involves the packaging. When you are struggling with a bad headache it is extremely stressful trying to open the plastic and foil the pill is sealed in. Don't always have scissors at handy. Any one else find this annoying ? Should be changed."

Buzcentral November 25, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "My migraines are mild but can be long lived, some times lasting 2-3wks with nausea and light sensitivity. I used to treat them with just OTC meds but of course as soon as they wore off it came back. While pregnant I was prescribed Fioricet but headache would still come back. Then I finally got Imitrex and it makes the headache NOT come back! I do only take it at night just for the drowsiness, but no other side effects for me, and headache is gone when I wake up!"

KandyP (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

For Migraine: "I've been suffering really bad migraines for the last 4 r 5 wks. At first i bought over the counter tabs like anadin extra paracetamol ect. Altho these meds worked eventualy i would still go between 20/40mins in excruciating pain then id get a few hours of relief then it would start al over again it was very exhaustin an so painful. Eventualy I went to the doc he prescrided naproxen these tablets didnt even touch the pain after a few days I resorted back to over the counter meds. Then I went back to the doctor he prescrided sumatripton tabs yesterday. I took my first tab early this morn when I felt the pain. The relief was amazing. It took the edge of the pain strait away and was barable less than 10mins the pain was gone. Best relief ever"

Nanasmom (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

For Migraine: "I get migraines mostly when wake up and weather changes. Works within 30 minutes. A real miracle."

SW LADY November 17, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered from migraine for many years. Before I started using Imitrex (about 15 years ago) some migraines would affect me for days. I missed out on so much back then. Imitrex changed that. I normally can take one dose and get complete relief in an hour. The only side effect that I have ever suffered is sleepiness but it's not so severe that I can't take Imitrex while working if a migraine strikes. This medication has been a life saver for me and changed my quality of life."

LoHa (taken for 10 years or more) October 31, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I only take the lowest dose of this drug though I'm sure it's time to upgrade to the higher dose. But even with the lower dose I am totally relieved, all the aching head stuff, all the swimming nausea, gone, it's like total relief! Now this took some time, didn't work first few times but then when I put faith in it and finally it did, boy did it!"

Catsandme (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016

For Migraine: "Been experiencing migraines/headaches since I could remember. I'm unable to take Nsaids so meds such as Cambia are not an option for me (which helped but not as well). Daily medications such as Topamax were not effective enough to warrant the extreme fatigue. Finally, after requesting an "as needed" dosing med, a doctor prescribed this one. Took dose shortly after symptoms began (oral tab). Took roughly an hour to take effect but it really helped! I had option for 2nd dose but felt enough relief to get through evening. Had some side effects but they were tolerable and did not worry me since I read what to expect ahead of time. Side effects short lived comared to constant fatigue of alternatives and worth the relief I received."

HeadonFix October 13, 2016

For Migraine: "Given this drug to my mother 44, after an hour taking 50mg she admitted 70 to 80% relieve in her migraine but weakness whole day long but after two days symptoms reappeared so now giving her tricyclic antidepressant 10 mg at bed time only for a month now she feels better"

Ashutosh singh 56 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Migraine: "I have had diagnosed migraines for about 16 years, have tried many different doctors and medications. I just couldn't believe a pain horrible enough to cause vomiting & wanting to stop living was randomly daignosed as "migraine". No known cause or cure! Headaches put me down for two solid days and were sometimes twice per week. No life!!! I was prescribed Sumatriptan 100mg tablets & OMG, miraculous!!! Take one at the onset of headache & its gone in around 20 minutes. Tightness in shouldes, chest quickly passes. My life has been changed by this medication, I am so thankful!!! I have no other side affects, alert & able to go about my life/job. YAAAYYYY!!"

FreeToLive!!! September 22, 2016

Imitrex (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "Tried 50mg of imitrex, and in addition to the body aches and burning most describe, my migraine shifted to neck/headache. My pain level was turned up to 11. It's a horrible drug when one would rather a mograine"

imitrex is meant to kill you (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Migraine: "Sumitriptan injectons is the only drug that has ever worked for my chronic migraines. Such a lifesaver, would not want to think about life without it!"

CDli September 17, 2016

For Cluster Headaches: "Relieved migraine and reduced temperature in ,15 minutes first time - has never taken longer than 30 mins to act. Quite impressed with this, worked when codeine and others failed."

GLJ September 15, 2016

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: "I love this medicine, when it works. Recently I've had a problem with it failing to inject. I will press it on my leg and nothing happens. I've reported the problem to ENDO and never heard back. I also reported the problem to CVS. In both cases I turned over the non-working needle less shots. I really depend on this medicine when I have migraines because it works like a charm but i find the injections to be unreliable..."

MJ MJ September 11, 2016