User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Cyproheptadine Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Anorexia.

Reviews for Cyproheptadine to treat Anorexia

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I started taking this medication I was 88 pounds 5'3, and sickly looking people thought I was on drugs. I had no appetite and hated how my clothes looked! Taking this medicine I am now 130 pounds and eat like a horse I gained really fast too!! It doesn't make me tired but my tolerance is high.. Im prescribed medical marijuana as well which is a help also! I recommend both and CBDs."

IndicaXtina (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

"I must say this medicine has really helped me so much I recommend this to anyone looking to gain weight. When I first started I was maybe sleepy the first week, but I got over it. I have been on this med for almost a month & gained 10 pounds already & im love the results."

Anonymous December 26, 2016

"I was prescribed this medication for rapid weight loss (-25lbs in 2 weeks) from severe anxiety and panic disorder. During this time I was unable to eat hardly anything and lost my appetite completely. My psychiatrist gave me a 4mg dose of this to take daily. I started off by taking only half a dose and that did the trick for me. I have gained 5 pounds back in about 10 days. I do have to say the appetite increased mostly toward the evening, not so much in the morning, but it does work. I did not experience any side effects from it."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

"This is not my experience but from my learning on pharmacology. If someone takes Periactin for long time, it causes psychosis and damage to liver. So, before taking Periactin for long time, consult your doctor"

Dr Zulfiquer Ahmed Amin October 18, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I've being treated for anxiety with amitriptyline & xanax. During my 3 month review with my doctor I told him how I went from a 1 to a 5 since taking these medications. I've been trying to gain weight since having my daughter 10 yrs ago. I was always 5/6 7/8.. After having her barely a one. So I'm pleased that Im gaining weight. So he gives me my anxiety medications with Periactin. Hopefully all goes well & i can reach my goal."

chris310 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I've always been underweight and I had a weak appetite and always struggled to gain any weight. I was 24 and still weighed 90lbs I was depressed about my weight. but after prescribed periactin, I gained over 15 lbs in 2 months and I feel great! I have never weighed over 100 lbs in my entire life. It really works!"

Emiwag September 5, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "This drug was excellent for me personally. I gained 30 pounds in two months which was great. I highly recommend this medication."

SunshineSD August 30, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "Did NOT WORK for me. I was very disappointed. after seeing all these reviews I was really hopefull. But it did nothing for me other than make me sleepy the first few days. Any other pills out there?"

Tomasek August 28, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I have always been thin my whole life & tried everything to gain weight i hate skinny jokes still at the age of 31 & you would think 5 kids wouldnof gavr me some weight smh no so i ask my doctor to prescribe me something so far i been using them for 2 weeks now and I've went from 100 to 112. I suppose to take one at bedtime but I take them 2/3 times a day and it literally increases my appetite which I barely had before. Like I'm hungry all the time especially when I wake up in the morning and after dinner its a must for a late night snack/ mini meal... I'm really satisfied with my results my only complaint would be the sleeping so much I had to start taking half and half of the 4mg because they knock you out for hoursss. Hope this helps :-)"

TinkaBellz (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I have been wanting to gain weight for over ten years. I have a really hard time eating. It's like a chore to me to force myself to eat and I get full really quick. Everyone tells me I'm too thin all the time and mass shakes make me want to puke because they're too sweet and thick. So I've been underweight most of my life. I searched the Internet and about two weeks ago I found reviews for periactin and got really excited to try it. So I got it prescribed right away and have been on it for a week now. I've gained 10 ibs already! This is a miracle! I felt a tiny bit sleepy the first two days but I've always felt tired from lack of nutrition so it wasn't much of a difference. I'm so excited to keep gaining!"

Thin girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

"Omg all my life I have been small and wanted to gain weight but never could. I'm 5'4 was 123pounds before the medicine not to bad for my height. So one day I went to my Dr and we talked about me having loss of appetite so she recommended I take periactin to help me with my appetite and wow guys I have gained literally 10 pounds in two weeks. I'm in my third week I'm 137 and I love it. This medication is defiantly for anyone trying to gain weight."

Amazin (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

"Ive always been skinny but not to a point where people would point it out or say i need to gain weight. I tried taking this because sometimes ill lose my appetite and i can go days without feeling hungry. I took half a 4mg at night before bed and i couldnt get out! I slept from 10 pm all the way to 1:30 in the afternoon and i was still tired! It makes your bones feel like jelly. It does help you gain weight but when i took it, all the weight just went to my stomach. So now im just forcing myself to eat more and i hit the gym 5 times a week for weight lifting and i look better than when i used this pill to gain weight. If you want to put on healthy weight aka muscle this isnt the pill to try- 16lbs of muscle =1 year to put on."

Jessicajones123 August 1, 2016

"yes the hype is true with this med for appetite increase(also used for allergies which works wonders) this will.. i repeat this medicine will make you sleepy, dizzy and a bit lazy the first few days...i would say give it a full week before the sleepiness becomes manageable i can recommend is taking 2mg then up the dose every few days **DO NOT take a full 4mg at first it will knock you on your butt (dissolving the tablet in juice or taking it with a full meal might help with the drowsiness) started this med at 100lbs 9 days later i'm at 108lbs i rate it a 9 and not a full 10 because of the extreme drowsiness/sleepiness in the beginning one last thing i recommend is to eat healthy foods to gain weight"

kiing (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

"I've always been quite underweight and absolutely hated it, tried this years ago and quit a few pills in due to the tiredness caused. Gave it another shot 6 weeks ago and have gained a stone already (usually impossible!). I've been taking one a day which is a low dose and my appetite has easily doubled. I used to feel full half way through a meal and feel anxious going out for food in case I couldn't finish it. Definitely not a problem anymore. I've given it a 10 as it has made such a huge impact on my self esteem already, and unexpectedly resolved what I believe to be urticaria over night. The only downside is the tiredness; makes getting to sleep nice and easy but waking up is so difficult! Long way to go still, but very happy so far :)"

Lobster1800 July 5, 2016

"I was put on this a few years ago and I was so happy to gain weight. I am almost 32 yo, I have 9 children, 5'6 and only weight 104 lbs. I am going back on it. I want to look like a woman, not a child. My oldest son was mistaken as my boyfriend. I was so embarrassed."

bargo9 June 28, 2016

"I started taking these pills January 2016 I was a 112 pounds my height is 5 5 my age of 33 it is now June 8th 2016 and I weigh a 148 pounds. I am so excited these pills really do work if you're looking to gain weight I take my pills 3 times a day with a multivitamin"

Steph1983 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2016

"I've been thin my whole life and it didn't really bother me until High School never had an appetite to eat anything at all and I started to think something's wrong with me. I took plenty of blood tests and urine tests to see if there was anything wrong with me and 3 different doctors told me I am fine but I felt like deep down something was wrong so I decided to keep trying different doctors to see if anyone can help me and the 4th doctor i went to about this issue in july 2015 changed my life literally I explained my problem and he told me it sounds like anorexia and he prescribed cyproheptadine. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me thnx Dr Greenburg lol P.S to eliminate drowsiness I let it dissolve in orange juice"

javijav (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2016

"Hi everybody! I am the stalker who reads post for my own benefit, but rarely contribute. Today I decided it was time to give back in the form of sharing my experience. I have ALWAYS been a hard gainer. I've had four kids and still maintained a size zero (93lbs) weight at 5'1. After fighting to gain weight for the last two years I was up to 108lbs. Fast forward after having the flu followed by new braces which limited eating, I ended up 96lbs and fragile looking. I tried to gain it back but since I was a hard gainer I couldn't. Went to my doctor, got these pills after reading posts and gained 11lbs in ten days. From 96lbs on 5/1/16 to 107lbs on 5/11/16. Drowsy days 1-2 only. Now no sleepiness and mega apettite. 4mgs three times per day."

Gingerbee (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I. Take this medicine everytime I have a poor appetite and it works wonders! I have always striggled with gaining and maintaining weight all my life! Got teased a lot! I have gained as much as 35 pounds in a month and a half! I recently just started back taking due to foot surgery and being on narcotic pain pills that stripped my appetite! The great thing about them is the weight and appetite stays even once you stop taking thrm! Highly recommemd"

mrsellis221 May 18, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "Really WOW! I've taken this "Periactin / Ciptadine / Cyproheptadine" and I managed to gain 20kg in 2 months! I was skinny, 57kg and I'm now 77 kg! I can take it when my weight drops a bit and it works wonders. Really, if you struggle to gain weight or appetite, try this tab. It's unbelieveable!"

Doufa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "It is phenomenal !! I put on weight fast, you start to see and feel results so quickly !!! It's very motivating feeling !! I have gained 14 pounds so far since late March early April ...I'm 5"6, I started at 146, I am now 160, my goal weight is 175. I think that will give me the full figured , curvy look I want. If you're serious about your weight this is the solution !! Good luck !!"

CareyBeary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

"I just started the pill on 5/6/2016 im 5/7 and weight 98 pounds this will be a real life changing experience for me at 23 if I can go up to atleast 110 within a month wish me luck guys :)"

slimk (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "This medication is PHENOMENAL!! I'm 11 and I was only about 81 pounds, which was a problem for me. But then my doctor prescribed me with this pill and it totally changed my life!!! In about 4 weeks I was 90 pounds... I was so happy!!! I definitely recommend this pill if you are trying to gain weight. Although it will make you sleepy it's still very helpful because I do have trouble going to sleep at night!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PILL, AND IT HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED MY LIFE!!!! "

Minnie45 April 24, 2016

"1 - My 11 yo was placed on this to "increase her appitite". Guess what? It's hard to eat when your sleeping all the time. 10mg, 1st day I gave it to her on Friday she slept for 18 hours! For 1 week, I was scared to give it to her before school. So I restarted her by cutting it in half and after 5 days, I gave her the whole 10mg. Today I got THE CALL from her Teacher. She is telling her friends she wants to DIE!!! PILLS ARE IN THE TRASH CAN!"

TexasChris (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I have been Underweight in my life. I was searching any kind of Magical trick to gain some weight even i purchased Oral steroids Just to get rid of Skinny structure,Finally I read about Tablet Periactin. But again there was a Problem that Tablet Periactin is not available in many Countries Its UK Brand Medicine require valid Prescription. Then i went to a doctor get prescription and Order this pills . Point to be noted( In Ist few days you will only sleepy roughly ist 5-7 doses if you taking 4 mg /Day. But you will Clearly see difference in your appetite. This Pill is Tailore made for Weight Gain. Absolutely worked So I far I took 12 Tablets It means 1 Tablet/Day and Gained 4 KG weight."

dloverspc (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016