User Reviews for Atarax

Pain
5.7

Summary of Atarax reviews 6.5 96 reviews

Reviews for Atarax

For Anxiety "It works but the longer you take it the less it works for you."

Apple (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2018

For Allergies "Prescribed Atarax for anxiety by my doctor after coming in for breathing difficulties. My lungs were doing their job but my anxiety made me feel like I couldn't get a breath. I took 25 mg when I got home and within an hour I felt immediately calm and sleepy. I am no longer gasping for air or panicking, but this stuff is strong and I slept for 12 hours (though I needed it because I didn't sleep much the night prior). Atarax is also an antihistamine, so my normally itchy skin is as calm as can be. 10/10. Works well. Wouldn't take everyday, as it makes me extremely sleepy."

Savannah (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Anxiety "Helps with my allergic reactions to soaps, creams, and lotions. Does not provide any noticable anxiety relief. "

RickC59 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2018

For Allergies "I keep yawning but I don't actually fall asleep."

Atomheartmother December 17, 2017

For Anxiety "Have a great deal going on in my life and very anxiety driven. This helped calm me down without making me drowsy. I can sleep and I can relax and not worry about being so spun up. Recommend this drug since it is not habit forming."

Fun2drive (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For Sedation "This drug works wonders for me. Was prescribed 25 mg for anxiety and to help me sleep. I take it occasionally, when I feel anxious or worried at nighttime or just have problems falling asleep. I feel so calm, relaxed and sleepy :) Only bad thing is the hangover I get the next day. I feel like a zombie. But if I don't take it too late at night there's usually not a problem. I will need a good 10-12 hours of sleep on it though. 24 year old female"

EmmaJosefina93 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2017

For Anxiety "Doctor prescribed this to me as an alternative to lorazepam for anxiety. I was reluctant at first. Lorazepam works well for me, yet it is stigmatized by doctors. But it works just as well, if not better. Atarax is an antihistime. This means allergies are managed as well."

Mr Layne (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

For Allergies "I found Atarax as the best antihistamine pills for my Allergy. I have eczema and each time I used Atarax it help me a lot."

Eliii August 8, 2017

For Anxiety "Its my first time using any sort of drug for anxiety. The doctor gave me a 10mg sized Atarax and it only made me feel sleepy. I still felt nervous and anxious over my work and these feelings didn't go away. Maybe I should be taking 25mg like the others here. Either way this 10mg capsules are suppose to last me until I go for my appointment with a professional pychiatrist."

Aryesi June 2, 2017

For Anxiety "Was prescribed for anxiety, and instead it threw me into the worst full blown panic attack I have ever had.! Totally out of my mind!"

CMMAR (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2017

For Anxiety "Two 25mg doses, spread out, reduces anxiety for me, but it also can make me yawn and sleepy and I don't feel safe to drive for about an hour after taking the second dose. Given that I am over sensitive to Benzos this is one of the few anti-anxiety drugs I can take without being over sedated."

RobStein9064 November 30, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Only thing that helps nausea for me. Zofran is like taking a placebo and phenergan gives me restless legs."

Flgal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been on this medicine for 2 years now and it continues to work well against anxiety and panic attacks. I take a 25 mg pill per day. At first, I experienced slight drowsiness and wanted to sleep a lot, but after a few days these side effects went away completely. Skipping a dose won't affect me, but after skipping several doses once I felt nervous, irritated and had trouble sleeping. Overall, it's good and reliable."

crystaljuniper (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2016

For Pruritus "I was prescribed this medication after a burn injury. My scars caused intensive itching! I was ordered to take two tablets by mouth four times a day as needed for itching. Initially after my accident the medicine helped. I didn't really notice the side effects because I was on pain medication as well. Now here we are six months after my accident. last night I had a really bad itching episode. I could not sleep. I decided to take the two Atarax. I slept through the entire night and the next day. I woke up to a text message after text message from coworkers and my boss wondering why I didn't show to work!"

Kenya05 October 17, 2016

For Anxiety "Don't take this drug !! It caused me to have horrendously bad dreams. They were terrifying. My anxiety has worsened by 100 percent. I'm fearful of going to sleep. I've not slept more than three hours a night for two weeks. Another side effect I experienced was hair loss and vertigo. Thanks to my " doctor " I have regular episodes of vertigo which I had never experienced in my life. Stay away from this drug !"

Esbet October 3, 2016

For Allergic Urticaria "I took 1 tablet of Atarax last night for my HIVES. I asked for an anti-histamine that can also help me to sleep bcos I have not been sleeping for 4 nights straight due to the itchiness from my hives. So this was suggested by my doctor. I managed to sleep through the night for over 9 hours - the alarm didn't manage to wake me until my 2nd super loud alarm! I was awake BUT I wasn't really AWAKE! I felt like I can doze off any second. Unless you want to sleep thru 24-hours maybe this is good for you but I won't be taking it the 2nd time. I felt horrible for the whole day! My mind was not functioning, I felt groggy, not alert at all, walk like zombie, it was just bad for me. I like to feel AWAKE! Not like this. My suggestion: Take with CAUTION!"

FeyFey September 30, 2016

For Allergies "I have really terrible environmental allergies. My allergist has dubbed me his "most allergic" patient. I take Zyrtec and Singulair in the morning but I'm still itching and sneezing by night time. Atarax relieves my allergies at night like magic. It also helps when I have a bad reaction to my allergy shots or when something I'm extremely allergic to is in season. I also like that it relaxes me and makes me sleep. Definitely a bonus. I can also take them as needed or multiple times per day unlike other allergy medicines."

Sneezy McGee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been take Atarax 50's 3x's daily PRN.. I also take Ativan.. but only if absolutely needed.. I have found that Atarax helps me emensely (sp).. It doesn't make me tired or groggy anymore.. It just calms me down when having some anxiety or feeling out of sorts with my mood.. It does a good job at leveling me out"

Joshy1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2016

For Anxiety "It works very well for me as a rescue medicine. If taken mid panic attack it definitely helps to calm me; however, if I take it before I am going to be in a situation that I know will cause anxiety it doesn't have much of an effect to keep me from having an attack. It definitely makes me sleepy."

For the birds June 17, 2016

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Atarax taking 25mg up to 3x daily or as needed. The first few days it made me groggy and want to sleep and experience very vivid dreams and nightmares. After a few days the grogginess went away and it actually helped me function while having high anxiety and helped to calm me. I still experience nightmares more often than I'd like to but I'd rather be functioning daily so I keep taking it"

Happy4me May 5, 2016

For Anxiety "Really good!!!!! I like atarax. Because: not addictive, makes me calm (and sleepy), calms anger restlessness and anxiety altogether. I am also on cymbalta and without cymbalta the atarax would probably be less effective. Atarax is my go-to when im anxious and i love it:)"

Elliotndbfjf (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2016

For Anxiety "My GP prescribed this for anxiety and directed that I take it every 8 hours. Now I have dealt with anxiety and severe panic attacks need immediate relief. This medication was not the one to do that for me. It made me very drowsy and at the same time I still had anxiety. This is not for someone who has a busy schedule because it will sedate you. I think this medication should only be used for its initial intent to control itching. Otherwise it was a waste for me."

Lcowan7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2016

For Allergies "It works as sleeping pill!! rather then for allergic!!"

sanjeevS February 25, 2016

For Sedation "Atarax did its job and gave me some sleep after taking just one very small pill but the after effects were truly horrendous. I have used this drug twice and had same after effects both times, once u wake up you are left with so much dizziness that you can't get yr head off the pillow so don't expect to be doing anything at all for many hours after u wake up, maybe other people can use this drug and have no side effects but I will never ever use this drug again"

gaz3443 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Atarax for my anxiety disorder. It did not help at all & only made me so tired I couldn't function. Definitely a waste!"

Shannonbmomof3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016