User Reviews for Atarax

Pain 3 reviews 1123 medications

5.7
Summary of Atarax reviews 88 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Atarax

For Anxiety "Its my first time using any sort of drug for anxiety. The doctor gave me a 10mg sized Atarax and it only made me feel sleepy. I still felt nervous and anxious over my work and these feelings didn't go away. Maybe I should be taking 25mg like the others here. Either way this 10mg capsules are suppose to last me until I go for my appointment with a professional pychiatrist."

Aryesi June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Was prescribed for anxiety, and instead it threw me into the worst full blown panic attack I have ever had.! Totally out of my mind!"

CMMAR (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Two 25mg doses, spread out, reduces anxiety for me, but it also can make me yawn and sleepy and I don't feel safe to drive for about an hour after taking the second dose. Given that I am over sensitive to Benzos this is one of the few anti-anxiety drugs I can take without being over sedated."

RobStein9064 November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Only thing that helps nausea for me. Zofran is like taking a placebo and phenergan gives me restless legs."

Flgal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on this medicine for 2 years now and it continues to work well against anxiety and panic attacks. I take a 25 mg pill per day. At first, I experienced slight drowsiness and wanted to sleep a lot, but after a few days these side effects went away completely. Skipping a dose won't affect me, but after skipping several doses once I felt nervous, irritated and had trouble sleeping. Overall, it's good and reliable."

crystaljuniper (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pruritus "I was prescribed this medication after a burn injury. My scars caused intensive itching! I was ordered to take two tablets by mouth four times a day as needed for itching. Initially after my accident the medicine helped. I didn't really notice the side effects because I was on pain medication as well. Now here we are six months after my accident. last night I had a really bad itching episode. I could not sleep. I decided to take the two Atarax. I slept through the entire night and the next day. I woke up to a text message after text message from coworkers and my boss wondering why I didn't show to work!"

Kenya05 October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Don't take this drug !! It caused me to have horrendously bad dreams. They were terrifying. My anxiety has worsened by 100 percent. I'm fearful of going to sleep. I've not slept more than three hours a night for two weeks. Another side effect I experienced was hair loss and vertigo. Thanks to my " doctor " I have regular episodes of vertigo which I had never experienced in my life. Stay away from this drug !"

Esbet October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Urticaria "I took 1 tablet of Atarax last night for my HIVES. I asked for an anti-histamine that can also help me to sleep bcos I have not been sleeping for 4 nights straight due to the itchiness from my hives. So this was suggested by my doctor. I managed to sleep through the night for over 9 hours - the alarm didn't manage to wake me until my 2nd super loud alarm! I was awake BUT I wasn't really AWAKE! I felt like I can doze off any second. Unless you want to sleep thru 24-hours maybe this is good for you but I won't be taking it the 2nd time. I felt horrible for the whole day! My mind was not functioning, I felt groggy, not alert at all, walk like zombie, it was just bad for me. I like to feel AWAKE! Not like this. My suggestion: Take with CAUTION!"

FeyFey September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergies "I have really terrible environmental allergies. My allergist has dubbed me his "most allergic" patient. I take Zyrtec and Singulair in the morning but I'm still itching and sneezing by night time. Atarax relieves my allergies at night like magic. It also helps when I have a bad reaction to my allergy shots or when something I'm extremely allergic to is in season. I also like that it relaxes me and makes me sleep. Definitely a bonus. I can also take them as needed or multiple times per day unlike other allergy medicines."

Sneezy McGee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been take Atarax 50's 3x's daily PRN.. I also take Ativan.. but only if absolutely needed.. I have found that Atarax helps me emensely (sp).. It doesn't make me tired or groggy anymore.. It just calms me down when having some anxiety or feeling out of sorts with my mood.. It does a good job at leveling me out"

Joshy1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "It works very well for me as a rescue medicine. If taken mid panic attack it definitely helps to calm me; however, if I take it before I am going to be in a situation that I know will cause anxiety it doesn't have much of an effect to keep me from having an attack. It definitely makes me sleepy."

For the birds June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Atarax taking 25mg up to 3x daily or as needed. The first few days it made me groggy and want to sleep and experience very vivid dreams and nightmares. After a few days the grogginess went away and it actually helped me function while having high anxiety and helped to calm me. I still experience nightmares more often than I'd like to but I'd rather be functioning daily so I keep taking it"

Happy4me May 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Really good!!!!! I like atarax. Because: not addictive, makes me calm (and sleepy), calms anger restlessness and anxiety altogether. I am also on cymbalta and without cymbalta the atarax would probably be less effective. Atarax is my go-to when im anxious and i love it:)"

Elliotndbfjf (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "My GP prescribed this for anxiety and directed that I take it every 8 hours. Now I have dealt with anxiety and severe panic attacks need immediate relief. This medication was not the one to do that for me. It made me very drowsy and at the same time I still had anxiety. This is not for someone who has a busy schedule because it will sedate you. I think this medication should only be used for its initial intent to control itching. Otherwise it was a waste for me."

Lcowan7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergies "It works as sleeping pill!! rather then for allergic!!"

sanjeevS February 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation "Atarax did its job and gave me some sleep after taking just one very small pill but the after effects were truly horrendous. I have used this drug twice and had same after effects both times, once u wake up you are left with so much dizziness that you can't get yr head off the pillow so don't expect to be doing anything at all for many hours after u wake up, maybe other people can use this drug and have no side effects but I will never ever use this drug again"

gaz3443 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Atarax for my anxiety disorder. It did not help at all & only made me so tired I couldn't function. Definitely a waste!"

Shannonbmomof3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Took about 10 minutes to kick in. Felt like a total zombie all night, I was completely useless. The next day I was dizzy. Boo, atarax!"

Manda2814 February 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this for my anxiety disorder, and I'm really disappointed. It did absolutely nothing for me, which for obvious reasons, is frustrating in times of extreme anxiety. Taking a "rescue medication" and help never coming was hard for me personally. Others say it works great, but I suppose it depends on the person."

Alyabnormal (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was given this medication in the emergency room for the anxiety I was having. It did nothing for me. I'm bipolar plus I have anxiety. I'm looking for something new. I was on klonopin but was taken off of it because it's highly addictive. I had taken that for 24 years. That helped a lot. I'm disappointed that atarax didn't work."

Skinny girl February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm on 6 different medications for anxiety/depression/personality disorder. Have been for 7 years now. Atarax being the most recently added. Love it. I'm used to very strong medications and this one helps calm me without making me feel too tired"

6pillschick6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Did absolutely nothing for me. If I could rate a 0 I would."

AustinRev3643 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Literally did nothing for my anxiety. Made me really sleepy but not sleepy enough to pass out. It just made me super sluggish."

sweetpjeb23 January 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "This has made my anxiety worse. I feel this terrible high. I don't even feel like myself. My body is twitching and I been crying for 3 hours. It is really scaring me. I feel out of this world and not in a good way."

Kimmh00 January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have anxiety and did not realise till I took only a 1/4 of my 25ml tab how much it was effecting me. Today I have felt more able and productive and had a day without anxiety feels amazing. I did have at least 2 memorable dreams that night. I have noticed a slight dry mouth and eyes. This being said I do have ckd and will be going back to docs to make sure kidneys are not being affected and also to ask for the liquid version of this as the other ingredients list more to my preference.... no colour additives from what I've read."

Clareclareclare January 4, 2016