User Reviews for Atarax

Atarax Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 519 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Atarax to treat Allergies

"Prescribed Atarax for anxiety by my doctor after coming in for breathing difficulties. My lungs were doing their job but my anxiety made me feel like I couldn't get a breath. I took 25 mg when I got home and within an hour I felt immediately calm and sleepy. I am no longer gasping for air or panicking, but this stuff is strong and I slept for 12 hours (though I needed it because I didn't sleep much the night prior). Atarax is also an antihistamine, so my normally itchy skin is as calm as can be. 10/10. Works well. Wouldn't take everyday, as it makes me extremely sleepy."

Savannah (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

"I keep yawning but I don't actually fall asleep."

Atomheartmother December 17, 2017

"I found Atarax as the best antihistamine pills for my Allergy. I have eczema and each time I used Atarax it help me a lot."

Eliii August 8, 2017

"I have really terrible environmental allergies. My allergist has dubbed me his "most allergic" patient. I take Zyrtec and Singulair in the morning but I'm still itching and sneezing by night time. Atarax relieves my allergies at night like magic. It also helps when I have a bad reaction to my allergy shots or when something I'm extremely allergic to is in season. I also like that it relaxes me and makes me sleep. Definitely a bonus. I can also take them as needed or multiple times per day unlike other allergy medicines."

Sneezy McGee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

"It works as sleeping pill!! rather then for allergic!!"

sanjeevS February 25, 2016

"I have used this medication for anxiety allergies and to halp me fall asleep for 14 years, and have not had any reaction other than those needed. Now the insurance states that it is not appropriate for use in the elderly. I am 69."

aleras (taken for 10 years or more) November 20, 2015

"I have medicine and food allergies."

Tulaya December 8, 2013

"Used this medicine during a course of pain management, it helped tremendously with the itchy feeling you get from opioid medication. It was just short term use but made a great impact!"

twofunfeet July 26, 2013

"Best antihistamine ever, excellent for anyone who suffers from viral hives."

CarrieHC (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2012

"I took ATARAX when a child and started taking this medicine again approximately 2 years ago, from my Allergist. I have tried basically all modern oral prescription medicines (& those which have become over-the-counter). My Allergies induce ASTHMA! I take specifically created Allergy Antigen Shots (2 per wk/2 different vials) from Allergist which help greatly. Normally, unless I live on the coast, I'm bothered from indoor (dust, mold), outdoor (weeds, plants), & food allergies in the warm (non-frost/freezing) months. Each yr Allergies have become worse. I can take this 1 tab 1x per day or 2 pills at once if having a severe attack. I certainly recommend having an Allergist Dr, in addition to your reg Gen.Practice Dr. This Rx does NOT make me sleepy, though people say it can."

Europa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2012

"Makes me VERY drowsy."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

"Best ever for stopping itch of eczema. Got to get used to the sleepiness, but gets better after long term use."

Anonymous December 8, 2011

"Works great against allergy (25mg) and also somewhat against asthma (due to the anticholinergic properties: dilates the airways). When taking Atarax I can reduce the amount of asthma reliever medication (terbutaline). Side effects: Drowsiness (in the beginning), headache (disappeared after the third pill), muscle twitches and some muscle aches."

the_chemist June 23, 2011