User Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Also known as: Acticort 100, Aeroseb-HC, Ala-Cort, Ala-Scalp, Ala-Scalp HP, Aloe Cort, Anucort-HC, Anumed-HC, Anuprep-HC, Anurx-HC, Anusert HC-1, Anusol HC-1, Anusol-HC, Anusol-HC Suppositories, Anutone-HC, ...show all 113 brand names

Learn more about Hydrocortisone.

Eczema 10 reviews 253 medications

Atopic Dermatitis 2 reviews 250 medications

4.5
Summary of Hydrocortisone reviews 30 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Hydrocortisone

For Psoriasis: "Have periodic dry skin on my hands which leads to severe cracking. Understand if your issue is bacterial or fungal. Tried many fungal creams then bacterial cortisol. Works great, I use it almost every day. Hands are in great shape ( almost to soft lol)"

Pallethead September 9, 2016

For Atopic Dermatitis: "review is for Hydrocortisone 1% ointment only. Target Up and up brand, 2 oz, 6dollars. ointments are more potent than cream versions, especially if you use some kind of dressing or salycic acid(i never tried both). I used this on my body, but it has significant effect on my ear DERMATITIS, cleared up the flakeyness, and dryness. But doesnt stop the itching though. This ointment is extremely greasy, because of the petroleum."

Hydrono August 26, 2016

Cortizone-10 (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: "I have always had eczema since a child and have tried different medications but none like this one. It is amazing!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

For Skin Rash: "Burning and major itching problems."

Dars (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Eczema: "I wanted to take the time to provide you people with the knowledge about this stuff. I had small bumps (color was regular, white then pink it varies) all over my body. An area under my belly button, my arms, under my armpits, on my back, it was chaotic. When I used this stuff 2 days ago, I used half of the tube of it and I thought I seen results. Last night I used it again and I tell you that they are all just about gone. I had a horrible case on my neck, it is almost gone. So if you want to try something out, try this. I really hope that you get what you need and that it was from what I knew. I want what I went through to be of good reason, so it can help you when you go through it. Please, try hydrocortizone."

Antonioking4726754456 (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Eczema: "I have been using this cream and also at the same time hydromol ointment. I use the ointment first and then 20mins later then I use the hydrocortisone. Tbh for short term effects it's amazing but for the long term effects it doesn't work as well. It's been 3 months and it's made my long term effects a little better. Can anyone tell how to stop my skin being dry so I wouldn't have to use the creams ever in the future. Thanks"

MSI_88888 November 15, 2015

For Dermatitis: "This medication burned my scalp after a few days of using 1x/d. It made my condition worse & I experienced many of the side effects. When you read through all of the side effects as well as how adversely it can affect your health, proceed with caution."

Ezpeezie August 3, 2015

Hydrocort cream (hydrocortisone) for Skin Rash: "Worked wonders for my poison ivy rash. Quick relief and healing when all others failed"

Drifter580 July 15, 2015

For Pruritus: "I wish I had not used this on my skin my skin is now damaged, thin and terribly wrinkled. I have taken care of my skin and now my arms look like I am 80."

Patticake12 May 22, 2015

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: "After 2 hemorrhoid surgeries, this product was a life changer! I took the step to not let my hemorroids control my life anymore. The dr prescribed this as part of my after care. Its immediate and wonderful."

refusing to be controlled anymore (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2014

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: "Immediatly soothes the pain."

Jimmy can't sit still October 17, 2014

Anucort-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: "Needed to use the remaining suppositories, due to itching and minor bleeding from hard stool. Noticed blood sugar rising about 40 pts now that I stopped using it, condition somewhat better and sugars are lower."

sqrrlygrl (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2014

Cortizone-10 (hydrocortisone) for Pruritus: "I suffer from Pruritus, a side effect to oxycodone. Cortizone cream is very effective. Stops itching immediately, with no unpleasant odor and is instantly absorbed into the skin. Hope this helps."

nelady July 18, 2013

Cortizone-10 (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: "Works well for me."

yo1974 June 13, 2013

Locoid (hydrocortisone) for Gingivitis: "Not for gum gingivitis."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

For Pruritus: "We have a lot of mosquitoes in our area. They are very attracted to me and I develop quarter sized bumps shortly after being bitten. I have found that if I apply Hydrocortisone 1% cream to a mosquito bite as soon as possible the swelling and itching will be relieved within minutes. It is important to apply the cream prior to scratching the bite. I highly recommend using this cream; it makes my life here tolerable."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

Dermarest Eczema Medicated (hydrocortisone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Good moisturizer. Smells bad though."

suebee50 August 19, 2011

For Eczema: "My daughter is 6 yrs old and after spending a whole day in a Jacuzzi in Cuba, we spotted dry bumpy rashes all the over her limbs, back and torso. Rashes changed positions and were very itchy. She was later diagnosed with Eczema. HydroVal worked right away, I applied it twice daily directly on the rashes. Her skin cleared after one week. There were no side effects at all."

Anonymous April 17, 2011

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: "I was impressed. After initial use I could really tell a difference, this is good."

Teebay April 6, 2011

Anucort-HC (hydrocortisone) for Psoriasis: "Keeps skin moist and keeps from cracking, but does nothing to reduce other symptoms."

Anonymous October 18, 2010

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: "Almost immediate relief, long lasting."

Anonymous September 17, 2010

Westcort (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: "Of the many medicines used, Westcort has been by far the most effective for my eczema."

cattail August 30, 2010

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Dermatitis: "Works wonders. In combination with moisturizer(s), has cleared up skin problems."

Anonymous March 17, 2010

For Eczema: "This product has been a miracle drug for my 1 yr old. Horrible Eczema...have refused to use this medicine previously, prescribed by doctor, instead trying natural remedies. Finally, I gave up, after about 9 months of trying to fight it naturally...after three applications of hydrocortisone 2.5%, his skin is COMPLETELY normal looking...again, COMPLETELY normal looking. I still HATE to use this on him, but I'm hoping it will be short-term as I find out the underlying cause. This product did in 1.5 days, what I haven't been able to do with natural remedies for 9 months. I feel defeated, but at the same time grateful that my son can now sleep through the night."

Anonymous March 16, 2010

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: "Much better than Preparation H or any other type of Hemorrhoid Cream"

Anonymous December 26, 2009