User Reviews for Hydrocortisone topical to treat Hemorrhoids

Also known as: Anusol-HC, Anucort-HC, Proctozone HC, Anusol-HC Suppositories, Proctocort, Locoid, Procto-Med HC, Ala-Cort, Cortizone-10, Vagisil Anti-Itch Creme Sensitive Skin Formula, Pandel, Dermtex HC, Preparation H Anti-Itch Cream Hydrocortisone 1%, Texacort, Aquanil HC, Locoid Lipocream, NuCort, Cortizone-10 Plus, Dermarest Eczema Medicated, Itch-X Lotion, Ala-Scalp, Neosporin Eczema Essentials Anti-Itch Cream Cortizone-10 Intensive Healing Formula Ala-Scalp HP Cortaid with Aloe Caldecort Sarnol-HC Beta HC Bioelements Immediate Comfort Recort Anti-Itch Cream Dermarest Plus Anti-Itch Cortizone-5 Hemril-30 U-Cort Cortaid Maximum Strength Cortaid Intensive Therapy Gynecort Maximum Strength Procto-Pak 1% NuCort with Aloe Hemmorex-HC Scalpicin …show all brand names

Hydrocortisone topical has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Hemorrhoids. 57% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Hydrocortisone topical Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Hemorrhoids.

Reviews for Hydrocortisone topical

Jeannette · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2020

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone): “I have hemorrhoids as I suffer constipation due to my endometriosis and I have tried all kinds of products for them. Many disappear on their own but there is one in specific that makes me desperate. My boyfriend gave me this cream and although I was skeptical, I tried it and it's magical. The second time I used it, it eased the burning and pain, on the third day all symptoms it has completely disappeared. I feel like I finally found the perfect product.”

Tinibini · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2019

Proctozone HC (hydrocortisone): “My doctor prescribed this when I had a pretty bad hemorrhoid flare-up . It was supposed to shrink the tissue. Little did I know that this caused me extreme swelling, redness and horrible itchiness all over my genitalia after only one application on my hemorrhoids. I contacted the doctor asking if this could be an allergic reaction but she said it was likely from the sitzbaths I had been taking with Epsom salts so I continued using it for about 6 days and my symptoms got progressively worse! I will never use a steroid / hydrocortisone in my life again. After finding out about all the side effects, what good of use is this!?”

refusing to be controlled anymore · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2014

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone): “After 2 hemorrhoid surgeries, this product was a life changer! I took the step to not let my hemorroids control my life anymore. The dr prescribed this as part of my after care. Its immediate and wonderful.”

DoveBreath · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2021

“My hemorrhoids have became worse with hydrocortisone, and has also cause two new ones to form. My hemorrhoids never bothered me until my doctor prescribed this medication to me. Now they’re immensely swollen and burn constantly. I really don’t recommend hydrocortisone for people who have reverse side effects to commonly used medications especially if you’re not sure if you are allergic to it or not.”

painedbehind · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

Anusol-HC Suppositories (hydrocortisone): “4 boxes of Prep H= no results. Doctor prescribed Hydrocortisone AC 25mg Suppositories. Insurance does not cover (over $200.00.) Discovered Prescription Discount Coupons. I bought 12 @ $45.18 w/coupon. Most drug stores accept the coupons. Much better relief then Prep H. Use twice a day. Have bowel movement first. I'm doing Atkins Diet, so bad constipation, which does not help the condition. Now taking Colace, which helps. No fiber supplements, since they mess up Atkins Diet. In 6 weeks, I have lost 18 lbs. Felt so good that I went to the gym, just Treadmill and Elliptical for 5 miles. Felt itchy burning during workout, so I think exercise aggravated it, but exercise is good for constipation. Just bought another box of 12. Skipping exercise a few days this time. Stopping Atkins ''might'' help relieve the swelling, but I'm committed to losing weight. I will update if this site sends me a notification or I can find it again. Good luck. It is literally a ''pain in the buttocks.''”

Chauffeur Lady August 10, 2017

Anusol-HC Suppositories (hydrocortisone): “Didn't do anything for me. Tried to work its way out before it completely dissolved. On day 4 of the treatment, I could no longer deal with the increased burning, pain and itching that I experienced. Also had some change in my BMs while on these suppositories, with increased need to go, therefore increased wiping and increased irritation. Seemed to do the opposite of what is was supposed to do.”

sqrrlygrl · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2014

Anucort-HC (hydrocortisone): “Needed to use the remaining suppositories, due to itching and minor bleeding from hard stool. Noticed blood sugar rising about 40 pts now that I stopped using it, condition somewhat better and sugars are lower.”

Hydrocures · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2016

“Works extremely well. Only needed 1 per day for very inflamed throbbing hemorrhoids. Cleaned area also used witch hazel, very easy to insert. Alternate with liquid vitamin E. When swelling subsided push hemorrhoid back into rectum.”

Anonymous December 26, 2009

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone): “Much better than Preparation H or any other type of Hemorrhoid Cream”

Anonymous September 17, 2010

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone): “Almost immediate relief, long lasting.”

CountryRoads · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone): “This stuff is magic!”

Jimmy can't sit still October 17, 2014

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone): “Immediatly soothes the pain.”

Uncle bud November 17, 2019

Anucort-HC (hydrocortisone): “These are one of the few things that helped with my internal hemorrhoids. A temporary fix until I see a GI doctor. They're not cheap.”

Worst · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2021

Procto-Med HC (hydrocortisone): “Too expensive. Size of product too small. But it worked. Larger can years ago”

Learn more about Hemorrhoids