User Reviews for Orajel

Orajel has an average rating of 3.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 20% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Oral and Dental Conditions
2.3
Aphthous Ulcer

Reviews for Orajel

Jam · Taken for less than 1 month · January 1, 2019

For Oral and Dental Conditions "Bought this medicine after reading about it. Tried it on the areas needed but it took forty five minutes before it took effect. I've only done this twice today after buying it but have now noticed a rash on my cheeks and around my mouth. Will not be using anytime soon and will be returning it back to HEB for complete refund!"

Samd1983 · Taken for less than 1 month · March 30, 2018

For Oral and Dental Conditions "I had a tooth ache after a deep filling I figured it was from a high bite but orajel didn't seem to ease it much but the new orajel toothache mouth wash did take pain away. I did swish it about 5 times a day but it did help 60%."

momOf4 · August 19, 2020

For Oral and Dental Conditions "I used orajel after I needed to have a tooth pulled and had to use it along my entire bottom gum. It numbed the area very quickly, but it went away just as fast. It lasted maybe two minutes. I would not recommend the product to anyone."

L · Taken for less than 1 month · March 4, 2021

For Aphthous Ulcer "I had a sore on the inner part of my bottom lip, and of course right where my retainer likes to rub. I only need to wear my retainer at night so Orajel was a huge help numbing and reducing the swelling so that I could wear my retainer and fall asleep. Definite life saver."

Sandi · Taken for less than 1 month · August 21, 2022

For Oral and Dental Conditions "I bought some orajel after painkillers didn't seem to be working. It numbed up really quick but went away in 5 minutes.after a day I was left in more pain, it caused me to sweat and the only thing left is back to the dentist."

Onniehun · April 15, 2015

For Cold Sores "I put some Orajel on my lip, as soon as I felt the cold sore coming on. It instantly numbed it and I can go on with my day without thinking about it."

A · Taken for less than 1 month · February 27, 2018

For Oral and Dental Conditions "Did very little for painful mouth"

steeviedee · Taken for less than 1 month · April 10, 2015

For Aphthous Ulcer "Worked well on me but made me a bit woozey, effective for short term pain relief but be carefull not to exceed dose, morning, lunch, evening and just before bed is enough, then see a dentist."

Madeline · Taken for less than 1 month · September 30, 2022

For Oral and Dental Conditions "I used it and it did not help a bit. Waste of money"

Mario · Taken for less than 1 month · August 26, 2022

For Oral and Dental Conditions "Does not work on toothache, just make it worst in fact! oregano oil is by far better in relieving pain"