User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Eha Lotion, Ela-Max, ...show all 52 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Lidocaine Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1852 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Lidocaine to treat Pain

"I purchased a box of Odor Free Aspercreme Lidocaine Patch (5 count) from seeing advertisement on tv..The box cost me almost $15.00. I was very excited to try these patches. The first patch stayed adhered in place for all of 3 hours, the second patch stayed in place for 2 hours. I have just applied the 3rd patch and am praying it will stay on long enough to relieve the pain in my neck/shoulder. I have applied duct tape over it to try and make the patch stay put!!! I cleaned patch area with soap/water and dried throughly then waited 30 minutes for area to air dry before applying patch. The package says its good for up to 12 hours...thats great if it would stay on. Does not stay on long enough for me to criteque its usefulness. Thank you"

Sunshine sharon September 20, 2016

"Bought an over the counter lidocaine creme recommended for waxing pain numbing by the pharmacy and I felt no different even after an hour. Seriously useless. Don't waste your money."

IsThisNameBeingUsed September 15, 2016

"really no idea if the medicine works or not because they do not stick. If you can lay on your stomach for 12 hours and not move then maybe you can figure out if they work. I cut one in half, stuck in on my low back, got in bed and 5 minutes later I feel something I am laying on. I reach down and pull out something that looks like a French fry only to learn it is my pain patch that lasted a total of 5 minutes. I put the other half on and sat down to type this review and when I got up out of my chair, it was all rolled up..PITIFUL, PITIFUL PRODUCT. I AM RETURNING IN AM FOR A FULL REFUND...DO NOT BUY THE MYLAN LIDOCAINE 5% PATCH....NOT WORTH $5.00 MUCH LESS $200+.. DON'T BUY IT...."

TALLSTEVE September 14, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Had a spinal fusion back in 2000 and over the years on and off I have used the Watson Lidocaine 5% patches. Last year my insurance sent me Mylan. What a waste of time and money. Who thought of manufacturing plastic patches for the skin. They not only pinch the skin but also don't stick, at all! I can't imagine if I was walking in the summer and had one on. Shame on you Mylan, a call to customer service was to no avail. The cost of the Watson Brand (which I loved) is so expensive now. I won't be ordering them anymore. The point is Mylan's co-pay was affordable but didn't stick and Watson co-pay is too much."

mak624 September 7, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The 5% patches that i have been using for the last 3 years work well for short periods of time, about 4-5 hours. Reduces the need for hydrocodone. However, stay away from the Mylan brand. They are only 140 mg of lidocaine opposed to the standard 700mg. They get away with this by making the patch thinner so it is still 5%. It doesn't stick and it doesn't work for me. Got stuck with a few boxes that my insurance had to pay for. Ended up switching all my prescriptions from Rite-Aid to Walgreens."

Retireex September 7, 2016

"Been using lidocaine patches for a few years now. Had to transfer prescription from Rite Aid to Walgreens because they started using Mylan brand patches. Read the label. They are only 140Mg of lidocaine compared to the standard 700mg. They get away with calling these 5% patches because they made them paper thin. They don't work."

399 August 30, 2016

"These patches are WORTHLESS. They do not adhere to skin & are plastic. I have used another brand before & they were wonderful. I would like to get reinbursed for copay, which is only $10 but these patches are not worth getting for free, even free would be over charging."

Marilyn53 August 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The patches work wonders for my back pain. I put one on and 10 to 20 minutes later I have no pain for the next 12 hours!"

Neebug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've been on narcotic pain meds for over 20 years for severe degenerative joint disease in my back and several other joints. My doctor gave me lidocaine 5% patches to try about a month ago. I seriously doubted they would help, as any other topical creams have never helped much, but I was pleasantly surprised. They work so well that I have decreased my opiate dosage by half and am able to be more active than I have been in years. I don't think that they will work that well for everyone, but I do recommend everyone try them if they can, it has been a godsend for me."

killmenowgod July 13, 2016

"I can't tell if this expensive patch is working because I can't get it to adhere. I already use other patches so I know I'm putting it on correctly as instructions indicate. I'm in Galveston Texas and I am keeping them stored in accordance to instructions. Anyone else having same issues?"

mrs N. July 8, 2016

"Mylan Pharmaceutical lidocaine patches do not stick to skin, has a plastic backing so is very hot. Need to use 10 strips of tape and still did not stick well. Have doctor order from endo Pharmamaceuticals stick well and has cloth backing. love this patch"

ladynphx July 7, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have cervical & lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated discs and several other spinal issues. The lumbar part causes extreme pain in my hip to the point I can barely walk. I'm waiting for pain mgmt appt, but after seeing them for cervical problems I have zero confidence they will help. In the meantime, my gp precribed these in addition to oral pain med. After reading reviews here, I'm glad I went to walgreens because I got the ones from watson. They stick well so far. Too soon to say how well they work because I just applied a little while ago. It does seem a little better already though. Pretty expensive co-pay, but if it helps I'll find a way to afford it."

Amypond (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Lidocaine 5% patch...What a waste of time and money. Product did NOT relieve my bursitis pain. The "metallic" taste went away after a couple of weeks. The blurred vision, sensitive eyesight to sun and complicated way of using this product I could have dealt with if only it had worked. Do not waste your money and time"

Estel (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "First time in years I was pain free Better than an pain medicine I have ever used"

Right Choice (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

"I am a recovering addict who suffers from terrible back pain. Unfortunately, I am unable to take any scheduled pain medications because of my fear of relapse. My Dr suggested lidocaine patches by Endo Pharmaceuticals. I told him that I was willing to try anything because 1200 mg of ibuprofen was not touching the pain. I am so grateful for his suggestion. These patches have helped relieved my pain so much. I am able to sleep through the night and face my day pain free. Thank you Endo for making these patches. I was out of alternatives and had lost hope."

UT1982 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2016

"Walgreens switched the brand and the ones from Actavis Inc are worthless. They don't work because they don't stay on long enough to work. Don't waste your money"

Middle3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Watson patches work well and stick. The Mylan patches are garbage. They do not stick and deliver no relief."

Asull20266 April 16, 2016

"My experience with Lidocaine has been so great, but only by one company; Watson! There is another brand of lidocaine: Mylan •doesn't work •won't stick to skin •Isn't flexible like other brand •It doesn't STAY stuck ONLY BUY IF THE LINDOCAINE IS BY: Watson"

Gentryholbrook April 9, 2016

"Folks, as a previous manager for Rite Aid and CVS, as well as a customer who went thru a variety of pain patches varying in efficacy, I offer this info/advice: 1. Talk to your pharmacist! 2. Ask ahead of time which brand they currently have in stock, it can change from week to week. 3.availability also fluctuates store to store, plus, often times YOUR pharmacist CAN check the availability in another store from their computer 4.every pharmacy has 2 suppliers. The chains warehouse, (delivers 1x or 2x a week) plus a private company (daily delivery) and the pharmacist CAN order a specific generic brand from either of those, by using the NDC #"

riteaidmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy."

Shari M March 21, 2016

"I have used the lidocaine patches by Watson for years for osteoporosis in my neck and back and they decreased my pain from a 10 to a 3. No narcotics needed. Now I have been given the lidocaine patch made by Milan and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. .WASTE OF MONEY.. USELESS. Not only are they nearly impossible to separate from the plastic backing once you finally get them on they start peeling up immediately. . These are a total waste of money and someone should do something about this because the Mylan company surely doesn't care. .. now I will need to take a pill to help with the pain..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2016

"I have been using the brand name and Watson for sever back pain. Recently, some of mine were substituted with Mylan! Huge mistake... HORRIBLE THE WORST! They are cheating people out of money for an ineffective product! My grade: -100"

Ntrdame March 13, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

"I was getting the Patch from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in Huntsville, Al. But for the last 2 months I have been getting than from Watson Laboratories in Salt Lake city, Utah. The ones from Watson are every thin and come off about 3 to 5 hours of me putting than on. And some time it take about 4 patches before one stays on. And the one from Qualitest only 1. I have call Watson with no help."

Grave Located (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016