User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, ...show all 51 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Lidocaine Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1853 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Lidocaine to treat Pain

"Been using lidocaine patches for a few years now. Had to transfer prescription from Rite Aid to Walgreens because they started using Mylan brand patches. Read the label. They are only 140Mg of lidocaine compared to the standard 700mg. They get away with calling these 5% patches because they made them paper thin. They don't work."

399 August 30, 2016

"These patches are WORTHLESS. They do not adhere to skin & are plastic. I have used another brand before & they were wonderful. I would like to get reinbursed for copay, which is only $10 but these patches are not worth getting for free, even free would be over charging."

Marilyn53 August 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The patches work wonders for my back pain. I put one on and 10 to 20 minutes later I have no pain for the next 12 hours!"

Neebug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've been on narcotic pain meds for over 20 years for severe degenerative joint disease in my back and several other joints. My doctor gave me lidocaine 5% patches to try about a month ago. I seriously doubted they would help, as any other topical creams have never helped much, but I was pleasantly surprised. They work so well that I have decreased my opiate dosage by half and am able to be more active than I have been in years. I don't think that they will work that well for everyone, but I do recommend everyone try them if they can, it has been a godsend for me."

killmenowgod July 13, 2016

"I can't tell if this expensive patch is working because I can't get it to adhere. I already use other patches so I know I'm putting it on correctly as instructions indicate. I'm in Galveston Texas and I am keeping them stored in accordance to instructions. Anyone else having same issues?"

mrs N. July 8, 2016

"Mylan Pharmaceutical lidocaine patches do not stick to skin, has a plastic backing so is very hot. Need to use 10 strips of tape and still did not stick well. Have doctor order from endo Pharmamaceuticals stick well and has cloth backing. love this patch"

ladynphx July 7, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have cervical & lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated discs and several other spinal issues. The lumbar part causes extreme pain in my hip to the point I can barely walk. I'm waiting for pain mgmt appt, but after seeing them for cervical problems I have zero confidence they will help. In the meantime, my gp precribed these in addition to oral pain med. After reading reviews here, I'm glad I went to walgreens because I got the ones from watson. They stick well so far. Too soon to say how well they work because I just applied a little while ago. It does seem a little better already though. Pretty expensive co-pay, but if it helps I'll find a way to afford it."

Amypond (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Lidocaine 5% patch...What a waste of time and money. Product did NOT relieve my bursitis pain. The "metallic" taste went away after a couple of weeks. The blurred vision, sensitive eyesight to sun and complicated way of using this product I could have dealt with if only it had worked. Do not waste your money and time"

Estel (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "First time in years I was pain free Better than an pain medicine I have ever used"

Right Choice (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

"I am a recovering addict who suffers from terrible back pain. Unfortunately, I am unable to take any scheduled pain medications because of my fear of relapse. My Dr suggested lidocaine patches by Endo Pharmaceuticals. I told him that I was willing to try anything because 1200 mg of ibuprofen was not touching the pain. I am so grateful for his suggestion. These patches have helped relieved my pain so much. I am able to sleep through the night and face my day pain free. Thank you Endo for making these patches. I was out of alternatives and had lost hope."

UT1982 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2016

"Walgreens switched the brand and the ones from Actavis Inc are worthless. They don't work because they don't stay on long enough to work. Don't waste your money"

Middle3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Watson patches work well and stick. The Mylan patches are garbage. They do not stick and deliver no relief."

Asull20266 April 16, 2016

"My experience with Lidocaine has been so great, but only by one company; Watson! There is another brand of lidocaine: Mylan •doesn't work •won't stick to skin •Isn't flexible like other brand •It doesn't STAY stuck ONLY BUY IF THE LINDOCAINE IS BY: Watson"

Gentryholbrook April 9, 2016

"Folks, as a previous manager for Rite Aid and CVS, as well as a customer who went thru a variety of pain patches varying in efficacy, I offer this info/advice: 1. Talk to your pharmacist! 2. Ask ahead of time which brand they currently have in stock, it can change from week to week. 3.availability also fluctuates store to store, plus, often times YOUR pharmacist CAN check the availability in another store from their computer 4.every pharmacy has 2 suppliers. The chains warehouse, (delivers 1x or 2x a week) plus a private company (daily delivery) and the pharmacist CAN order a specific generic brand from either of those, by using the NDC #"

riteaidmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy."

Shari M March 21, 2016

"I have used the lidocaine patches by Watson for years for osteoporosis in my neck and back and they decreased my pain from a 10 to a 3. No narcotics needed. Now I have been given the lidocaine patch made by Milan and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. .WASTE OF MONEY.. USELESS. Not only are they nearly impossible to separate from the plastic backing once you finally get them on they start peeling up immediately. . These are a total waste of money and someone should do something about this because the Mylan company surely doesn't care. .. now I will need to take a pill to help with the pain..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2016

"I have been using the brand name and Watson for sever back pain. Recently, some of mine were substituted with Mylan! Huge mistake... HORRIBLE THE WORST! They are cheating people out of money for an ineffective product! My grade: -100"

Ntrdame March 13, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

"I was getting the Patch from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in Huntsville, Al. But for the last 2 months I have been getting than from Watson Laboratories in Salt Lake city, Utah. The ones from Watson are every thin and come off about 3 to 5 hours of me putting than on. And some time it take about 4 patches before one stays on. And the one from Qualitest only 1. I have call Watson with no help."

Grave Located (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

"I'm in a battle over the switch to Mylan lidocaine 5% patches. I agree with everyone here--they don't work, they don't stick, and they're a cheaper version containing less medication (140mg vs. 700mg). The pharmacist tried to tell me the Mylan patch still delivers 50mg/gram of lidocaine. Yes, but it's a thinner patch, and therefore less effective. In fact, Mylan's own website states that "the patches are made of different materials containing a different amount of medication." For those of you who say that Watson no longer makes lidocaine patches, they have changed their name to Actavis. There is also another manufacturer, Qualitest. Both of these brands make a product similar to Lidoderm. Ask for these brands specifically!"

Complain to FDA about Mylan February 27, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain relief from other brands (WATSON), the MYLAN brand patches are the WORST, MOST INEFFECTIVE, waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff pinching the skin making it very uncomfortable and unsuitable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape around the edges which leaves the middle where the meds are still not sticking. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. Don't waste your time to call or write Mylan about their inferior product they will do nothing about it except "apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced"."

MYLAN WHAT A WASTE (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have 5 Bulging Discs in 3 different areas, Degenerate Disc through out the spine, & Arthritis through out the spine. I also have Fibromyalgia. I also have shattered bones in my left hand & left foot. The Lidoderm Patch works well for the areas that are quite excruciating even after taking my regular medications. I also find I do not have to take quite as many pain medications when using the Lidoderm Patches. Thank U ever so kindly Kamneo"

Kamneo53 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have non-union/unfused sternum from open heart surgery. This is one thing that really helps with the pain. Only bad thing is insurance will only pay for it if I have shingles. I only wish the FDA would do further studies so that those of us who need this patch can get our insurance to cover it. The insurance covered it until 2016."

Pierre's Partner (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Lidocaine 5% patch from Watson are great but found out they are not making them anymore. =( So, was given patches from Mylan They are stiff plus do not stick at all. They are a poor substitute."

suffering sciatica February 20, 2016