User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Astero, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lido V Pak, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, ...show all 59 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Lidocaine Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1817 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Lidocaine to treat Pain

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "Terrible product, would not stay on and did nothing for the pain. Received more relief from aspirin. Will never purchase again."

anthonyep (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lidoderm 5% patch 700 mg (50mg/gram) by Endo Pharmaceuticals worked wonders. Patch stayed in place and provided much needed pain relief Now my pharmacy only carries the Lidocaine 5% patch 140 mg (50mg/gram) by Mylan This new substitute by Mylan is horrible. It is a plastic like patch that will not stick to skin, does not breath and causes sweating underneath which causes even less adherence to skin. Even using tape over patch doesn't help. Unlike the previous Endo patch, this new patch patch crinkles up on the skin and there appears to be no effective benefit of pain relief that was easily achieved with the previous Endo Lidoderm patch. Do I want to pay for an off brand that my insurance company does not cover.. possibly .. what a racket"

DR_RN (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The brand, Lidoderm Patch, worked wonders for my post-surgical neuropathy on the site of the scar. The patch stayed in place and relieved the worst of the pain. However, when I was forced to use the generic, it was awful! The backing on the patch was almost impossible to get off. When we finally did, the patch rolled up in a ball. When trying to apply this mess, it would not stay put. It came off within minutes of application. It was a waste of money"

dba18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed these patches for pain in my knee due to chondomalacia and a dislocated knee cap. They really don't stick to my skin (even after washing the area and drying well) Also they're hard to put on the knee cap where my pain is, they just ball up and fall off after 30mins. I've found cutting the patch in half and surrounding the knee works. It helps with pain but nowhere close to being a 10/10 in my book let alone a 6/10."

catlover96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine): "I was prescribed lidoderm but the pharmacist switched the prescription to lidocaine 5% patch. This was TERRIBLE !!! The patch dried off and fell off in about 2 hours. The adhesive was pathetically weak and didn't hold the patch in place not even long enough to do any good. I know as a former drug salesman for Upjohn this kind of shoddy imitation would never have been tolerated. Why don't you try quality and I would assume they are made in some third world country. Terrible is the only term I can use to describe this copy cat medication."

Anonymous July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This patch is a piece of junk it does not adhere to the skin, I clean my skin with alcohol so there is no skin oil before I use this but it just does not stay they fell off. Is this made of composite plastic material? Take this off the shelves, a ripoff for the consumer and the VA Pharmacy...please remove this junk. Effectiveness its not 1, its big "0""

salsalero July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My 88-year-old mother uses lidocaine 5% patches for her sciatica pain. The patches by Mylan are useless. As others have stated, they are plastic and do not stay in place. They bunch up and fall off with one to two hours of applying. She used to get another brand which was flexible and stayed in place. Insurance covers most of the cost of these patches, but I would not recommend them even if Mylan paid you to use them."

DebOrei July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "They provide some pain relief from shingles pain, but not much. The big problem is how poorly they adhere. I really wish I hadn't paid for 5. They have to be held on by a bandage."

Jonaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have relied upon Lidocaine Patches for years to help with Fibromyalgia pain, pain from many injuries, fascia pain, and more. I have used Actavis Lab 5% patches but found that they sometimes move, curl, and crinkle up thus delivering less medicine to the pain site. I have had much better success with MYLAN 5% Lidocaine Pain Patches. However my pharmacy states that they are becoming difficult to find from their suppliers. If you can locate them try them and you should find much more effectiveness from MYLAN brand patches."

Gte (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "Put patch on for night time relief. Woke next morning with blisters and welts in the area. I now know the extent of the medication - the blisters and red marks - like a second degree burn spread throughout an area 2 - 3 times the size of the patch. Sitting, leaning back has been difficult. Wearing clothing has been difficult. Laying in bed has been painful. The Doc has given me an ointment for my skin and meds for the pain. The blisters have drained today. The burnt skin is still there. This was the FIRST time I used this product."

Skip64 May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Junk !! Sticks to itself, slightly takes away pain! More of a mess than other lidoderm or lidocaine patches! Mess trying to remove backing, it sticks to itself, rolls up & doesn't stick well after the goop is absorbed! Junk junk junk!"

Katttt May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lidoderm patches are very useful for my general pains - I have lots of joint pains. My insurance switched to Watson Lidocaine 5%. They are TERRIBLE ! Won't stay on. Curl up. come off. Can't they use a better glue?"

Don't have a nickname - me (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"doesn't stop the nerve pain on my foot"

kattale April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Watson 5% patch would not stay on my back. They kept rolling up. So, my pain doctor now writes brand specific only so I get the Lidoderm patches. They work great for me."

SouthernRock (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had to use some Watson lidocaine patch's one time because my other brand was not in stock at this particular store. Although they did work they fall off in 5 minutes. I wonder if it is the difference in skin texture or something defective with my patches in this box. One user said they stick. Did I get a bad box?"

tom dicharry (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"These are terrible, will not stick at all. Tried 3 out of 5. Will return to WalMart."

Shelleybabe March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Awful patch waste of money! They should be embarrassed to sell a patch that doesn't stick to your skin, what is the point."

Ragu67 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Mylan lidocaine patches are a waste of money! They don't stay on your skin for more 2-3 hours. The problems with patches is the patch is not breathable and the adhesive does not move with your body."

Surfergirl13 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The VA now dispenses the Mylan patches instead of the Qualitest. They are not even remotely comparable, plus the Mylan patches give me a headache. Do not accept these patches as you will be disappointed and will waste your money."

Cswf February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "My insurance substituted Mylan brand, my last prescription in January 2017. The WORST patch ever. They are plastic, hard to remove from backing and they DON'T stick. Don't waste your money. Had been using Qualitest patches previously, which worked well. Why insurance chose to change, I don't know. Terrible waste of my hard earned money."

doriemae (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The Mylar patches are HORRIBLE!!! They don't stick and thus they don't relieve the pain. New insurance forced me to switch to the Mylar brand. . I will switch back to Actavis brand. They work perfectly. But the insurance coverage is not as good"

Michelle gutierrez February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Initially used the Watson 700 mg patches and experienced great pain relief. Since my Rx was renewed, my pharmacy filled the prescription to Milan 140 mg. These are the WORST. They are absolutely useless and a complete waste of money. In addition to having an insufficient amount of medication, they are extremely uncomfortable and do not stay on your skin. There is no reason to ever use these things except to line the bottom of a bird cage."

P-Rad February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was just prescribed lidocaine 5% patches by my physician and the pharmacy filled it with the Generic patch by Mylan. Do not waste your time on these they're not like the lighted term patches with the white polyester type backing, they are plastic and they do not stick. I'm taking them back to the pharmacy tomorrow to see if I can get refunded for them since I'll never be able to use them. I've use the patches by Watson before and they were very good, these ones however are a waste of money."

Hikerellie February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I tried using the over the counter 4% lidocaine and had some relief. I talked to a pharmacist who said that the Mylan should give about 25% more relief. I tried it-purchased 30-5% pads that cost about $.30 more than the over the counter per patch. The Mylan are inflexible and I have to tape them on. I will not buy more. I may talk to my doctor about just using the over the counter and adding a little more lidocaine cream. My recommendation is that customers should not waste their money on these. I also read that the Mylan company is registered in the Netherlands with its main office in the U.S. So, this is a company that can well afford to create an effective product since they obviously do not pay much in U.S. taxes-SHAME"

childpub (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've suffered from neck pain for many years from spondylosis and degenerative discs. I see a pain management doctor who prescribes many forms of treatment, one of which is lidocaine patches. I have used Watson brand for a long time and they work quite well and often allow me to avoid pain meds. Brings the pain down to a tolerable level. CVS pharmacy no longer carries Watson so I was given the Mylan brand. The Mylan patches are terrible. They DO NOT stay on the skin. I am now using Actavis and they stay on the skin and are as effective as Watson, which is hear has been discontinued."

eema (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2016