User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Creme, Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch, Astero, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lido V Pak, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Eha Lotion, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, Glydo, Laryng-O-Jet Spray, LidaMantle, Lido-K, Lidocaine Viscous, Lidocream, Lidoderm, Lidomar, Lidopac, Lidopin, LidoRx, LidoRxKit, Lidosense 5, Lidotrans 5 Pak, Lidovex, Lidozion, Lidozol, LMX 4, LMX 4 with Tegaderm, LMX 5, LMX Plus, LTA II Kit, LTA Pediatric Kit, LTA Preattached 360 Kit, Medi-Quik Spray, Numb Nuts, Preparation H Rapid Relief with Lidocaine Cream, Protech First Aid Stik, RadiaGuard, RectiCare, Regenecare HA Spray, Senatec, Solarcaine Burn Relief, Topicaine, Tranzarel, Uro-Jet, Uro-Jet AC, Xylocaine 10% Oral, Xylocaine Jelly, Xylocaine Topical, Xylocaine Viscous, Zensa, Zingo, ZTlido …show all brand names

Lidocaine Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1818 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Lidocaine to treat Pain

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "Had lower back pain. Purchased Aspercreme Lidocaine patches but they did not work at all. I felt no relief from the pain whatsoever. Just a waste of money"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "Can't tell if this works or not, won't stay on long enough to get an idea. Every time I move it balls up. Only put it on 40 mins ago and I'm sitting here literally holding it in place (gave up on taping it, that didn't help either). Total waste of money."

Kupo (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

"This patch does not stick properly they are way too expensive. These patches need to be improved or quit selling them. I would like a refund"

Harley (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

"I've began using Lidocaine 5% patches made by Qualitest for neck, back spinal pain. The patches stuck like glue and were very effective. Eventually insurance no longer covered them! I was able to get more ...some were Qualitest, but then they switched to the Mylan patch... what a horrible product!! They are extremely hard to apply, then crinkle and fall off within hours...giving little to no relief from the spinal pain. I'm sure they are expensive... and I end up using many more of these cheapo Mylan patches than the "good" patches. PLEASE get rid of them, they are worthless... Stick to a reliable product that is worth the money paid for them!!! Make the "good" ones affordable!!!"

LuLou56 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2018

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "I purchased this because I found the cream to be very messy. The patch does work for my post shingles pain. The problem is that it keeps falling off. Definitely needs improvement in the adhesive."

Pamey December 23, 2017

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "Terrible product, would not stay on and did nothing for the pain. Received more relief from aspirin. Will never purchase again."

anthonyep (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

"Lidoderm 5% patch 700 mg (50mg/gram) by Endo Pharmaceuticals worked wonders. Patch stayed in place and provided much needed pain relief Now my pharmacy only carries the Lidocaine 5% patch 140 mg (50mg/gram) by Mylan This new substitute by Mylan is horrible. It is a plastic like patch that will not stick to skin, does not breath and causes sweating underneath which causes even less adherence to skin. Even using tape over patch doesn't help. Unlike the previous Endo patch, this new patch patch crinkles up on the skin and there appears to be no effective benefit of pain relief that was easily achieved with the previous Endo Lidoderm patch. Do I want to pay for an off brand that my insurance company does not cover.. possibly .. what a racket"

DR_RN (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2017

"The brand, Lidoderm Patch, worked wonders for my post-surgical neuropathy on the site of the scar. The patch stayed in place and relieved the worst of the pain. However, when I was forced to use the generic, it was awful! The backing on the patch was almost impossible to get off. When we finally did, the patch rolled up in a ball. When trying to apply this mess, it would not stay put. It came off within minutes of application. It was a waste of money"

dba18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

"I was prescribed these patches for pain in my knee due to chondomalacia and a dislocated knee cap. They really don't stick to my skin (even after washing the area and drying well) Also they're hard to put on the knee cap where my pain is, they just ball up and fall off after 30mins. I've found cutting the patch in half and surrounding the knee works. It helps with pain but nowhere close to being a 10/10 in my book let alone a 6/10."

catlover96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine): "I was prescribed lidoderm but the pharmacist switched the prescription to lidocaine 5% patch. This was TERRIBLE !!! The patch dried off and fell off in about 2 hours. The adhesive was pathetically weak and didn't hold the patch in place not even long enough to do any good. I know as a former drug salesman for Upjohn this kind of shoddy imitation would never have been tolerated. Why don't you try quality and I would assume they are made in some third world country. Terrible is the only term I can use to describe this copy cat medication."

Anonymous July 29, 2017

"This patch is a piece of junk it does not adhere to the skin, I clean my skin with alcohol so there is no skin oil before I use this but it just does not stay they fell off. Is this made of composite plastic material? Take this off the shelves, a ripoff for the consumer and the VA Pharmacy...please remove this junk. Effectiveness its not 1, its big "0""

salsalero July 25, 2017

"My 88-year-old mother uses lidocaine 5% patches for her sciatica pain. The patches by Mylan are useless. As others have stated, they are plastic and do not stay in place. They bunch up and fall off with one to two hours of applying. She used to get another brand which was flexible and stayed in place. Insurance covers most of the cost of these patches, but I would not recommend them even if Mylan paid you to use them."

DebOrei July 12, 2017

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "They provide some pain relief from shingles pain, but not much. The big problem is how poorly they adhere. I really wish I hadn't paid for 5. They have to be held on by a bandage."

Jonaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

"I have relied upon Lidocaine Patches for years to help with Fibromyalgia pain, pain from many injuries, fascia pain, and more. I have used Actavis Lab 5% patches but found that they sometimes move, curl, and crinkle up thus delivering less medicine to the pain site. I have had much better success with MYLAN 5% Lidocaine Pain Patches. However my pharmacy states that they are becoming difficult to find from their suppliers. If you can locate them try them and you should find much more effectiveness from MYLAN brand patches."

Gte (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2017

Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch (lidocaine): "Put patch on for night time relief. Woke next morning with blisters and welts in the area. I now know the extent of the medication - the blisters and red marks - like a second degree burn spread throughout an area 2 - 3 times the size of the patch. Sitting, leaning back has been difficult. Wearing clothing has been difficult. Laying in bed has been painful. The Doc has given me an ointment for my skin and meds for the pain. The blisters have drained today. The burnt skin is still there. This was the FIRST time I used this product."

Skip64 May 6, 2017

"Junk !! Sticks to itself, slightly takes away pain! More of a mess than other lidoderm or lidocaine patches! Mess trying to remove backing, it sticks to itself, rolls up & doesn't stick well after the goop is absorbed! Junk junk junk!"

Katttt May 6, 2017

"Lidoderm patches are very useful for my general pains - I have lots of joint pains. My insurance switched to Watson Lidocaine 5%. They are TERRIBLE ! Won't stay on. Curl up. come off. Can't they use a better glue?"

Don't have a nickname - me (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2017

"doesn't stop the nerve pain on my foot"

kattale April 9, 2017

"Watson 5% patch would not stay on my back. They kept rolling up. So, my pain doctor now writes brand specific only so I get the Lidoderm patches. They work great for me."

SouthernRock (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2017

"I had to use some Watson lidocaine patch's one time because my other brand was not in stock at this particular store. Although they did work they fall off in 5 minutes. I wonder if it is the difference in skin texture or something defective with my patches in this box. One user said they stick. Did I get a bad box?"

tom dicharry (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2017

"These are terrible, will not stick at all. Tried 3 out of 5. Will return to WalMart."

Shelleybabe March 22, 2017

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Awful patch waste of money! They should be embarrassed to sell a patch that doesn't stick to your skin, what is the point."

Ragu67 March 8, 2017

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Mylan lidocaine patches are a waste of money! They don't stay on your skin for more 2-3 hours. The problems with patches is the patch is not breathable and the adhesive does not move with your body."

Surfergirl13 March 6, 2017

"The VA now dispenses the Mylan patches instead of the Qualitest. They are not even remotely comparable, plus the Mylan patches give me a headache. Do not accept these patches as you will be disappointed and will waste your money."

Cswf February 21, 2017

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "My insurance substituted Mylan brand, my last prescription in January 2017. The WORST patch ever. They are plastic, hard to remove from backing and they DON'T stick. Don't waste your money. Had been using Qualitest patches previously, which worked well. Why insurance chose to change, I don't know. Terrible waste of my hard earned money."

doriemae (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2017