User Reviews for Qutenza

Qutenza has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 4 ratings on Drugs.com. 33% of those users who reviewed Qutenza reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Peripheral Neuropathy  Off-label
Summary of Qutenza reviews 4.0 4 reviews

LU July 10, 2019

For Peripheral Neuropathy: “Although I was informed about this treatment and how your body might react to it. My case spiralled out of hands. It was applied to the thorax-wand. Of course different patients react differently. The medics had to call a team to manage my situation. The pain was so much that without a shred of doubt words simply can not explain. The options to help me out was Fentanyl or Anaesthesia to help me cope with the situation. Two days since the happening, I still literally ask my attendees if it was a dream.”

white witch · Taken for 10 years or more June 7, 2018

For Peripheral Neuropathy: “Qutenza really does work. I did have very intense burning for 15mins for four days. You should never shower, touch the area with water for 48 hrs. The pain can be mind blowing but it does subside and a cool fan helps. Don't let your pets near the area as it will burn them. I have had multiple qutenza and it isn't 3 months before it works. It works straight away it lasts up to 3 months plus. don't apply yourselves use a health professional as it does burn”

Murph101 April 26, 2017

For Peripheral Neuropathy: “Well have had this treatment about 2 years ago now - I was told it was a very new treatment and only one use of it would provide permanent benefits and that it often gave back sensation to extremities in Peripheral Neuropathy - for me this was not the case it was in a sheet format a speciased Nurse was doing the treatment cutting into this single sheet by aseptic technique and extra gloves - the stinging that it cases to both my hands as in fingers and everywhere the Quitenza touched spent the next 3 days virtually in the bath as skin was burning in PAIN now Pain I can feel, unlike even touch seems out of reach - apparently it takes up to 3 months to work - oh yeh and it is made from Capsicum - [Chillies]”

pamtastic January 2, 2012

For Peripheral Neuropathy: “Don't get this cream in you eyes or cuts, it will burn. ”