User Reviews for Zostrix

Zostrix has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of those users who reviewed Zostrix reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Summary of Zostrix reviews 5.4 9 reviews

Pelly February 11, 2021

For Pain: “5 stars ”

Juniper · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2020

For Pain: “I used this on my back. It did nothing most of the time. But then I'd be a little more active and it would suddenly heat up. Weird. Unimpressed.”

Jaquieo · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

For Pain: “I damaged knee in accident 3 weeks ago. Now I can't walk. This cream has made no difference to the high level of pain. But then the product sheet only says that it MAY work in 4-6 weeks. So, one tube a week at $21.95 x 6... for something that MAY work! Don't 'they', whoever they are, do any deep testing and evaluation of these products or do they use the market to try them out more profitably? And what's in it? 0.025% chilli. (capsaicin). Try rubbing a chilli in where it hurts, or sprinkle chilli powder on. It may help. It wont cost much.”

Mkbagwell · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: “I applied two doses the first day I got it, to my thumbs, about eight hours apart. Yes, it's true that it's easy to get in your eyes, nose or mouth, and it burns. Even after a shower, I could still feel it on my skin. I expected to have to reapply it each day. But here's the funny part: The pain in my hands is nowhere near as intense as it was, even two days after that initial application. Why? It's welcomed, but kinda weird.”

Sarah S · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “I had severe diabetic neuropathy that even 600 mg of gabapentin couldn't touch. I tried this cream once, had no burning side affects at all, just a slight warm sensation. It worked so well that I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in months. I now use it 3-4 times a day. Unbelievable results for me. I swear by this stuff. I went from not being able to have any blankets or breezes on my feet to sleeping with however many blankets and fans I want!”

Anonymous February 11, 2010

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “Tried it for foot pain, diabetic neuropathy, terrible results. Pain increased, had to wash it off. Wash your hands very well after use, even if you don't see the cream on your hands, some residue may still exist and if you get it in your eyes, it will really burn.”

Pip February 4, 2020

For Pain: “Holy fudge Hotter than a hot sauce Tried washing it off after 10 mins as leg was burning like lava! Washing it off still didn’t work An hour later, still burning Ice packs, water spray bottle, damp cold cloths .. still burning ”

Idontbelievethid August 17, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “It was prescribed for hot Burning painful feet. I tried it several times trying to get used to it. Every time I used it it would cause extreme pain in the feet. My feet would turn red like it had been in a fire. And Woodburn like it had been in a fire. I could not get used to that pain and it didn't seem to be working anyway. I finally stopped it and threw the rest of it out.”

loveit · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

“first 2 days applied to thigh due to burning bursa pain I had no burning sensation from zostrix and 1 month later still none when applying. First 2 days this was great for bursa pain but now while bursa pain is less results not as good as first 2 days. I apply 4x daily as per directions can sometimes get a chili taste in my mouth. Will continue to use as this is the best option I have.”

Ran411 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: “Works best after a few doses.”