User Reviews for Nucynta

Learn more about Nucynta.

Pain 216 reviews 1100 medications

6.5
Summary of Nucynta reviews 216 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Nucynta

For Pain "Very effective."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This drug has been a game changer for me. Previously I was maxxed out on Norco 10/325 (6 a day), and it barely touched my pain (herniated disk blew out, compressed my sciatic nerve, had emergency surgery to correct that because I'd lost function in my right leg and foot; foot works now, but left with chronic severe pain) and my ability to work or even to do regular housework was severely impacted. Nucynta to the rescue! I started on 4x50mg/day, which was increased to 6 per day. After I was stable on that, I was switched to 2x100mg Nucynta ER per day, with 2x50mg Nucynta immediate release for breakthrough pain. The first couple of days I was nauseated and a bit spacey, but soon those issues went away along with most of my pain. I love it!"

kellyann1293 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was switched to nucynta 75mg three daily from norco 10 four daily and was told there would not be withdrawal effect. Either the Dr does not know or she lied. The withdrawal from norco was fast and severe. Became very agitated and the pain spread and became worse. Dangerous drug."

wea3353 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed Nucynta 50mg for chronic joint pain. It have me no relief at all. Also, the price was ridiculous - $50 out of pocket!! Luckily my pharmacy gave me a $25.00 coupon but I still had to pay $25.00 out of pocket!!!"

oxfordgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I suffered kidney failure with narco and firocet. Almost died last year. IO had three months in the hospital with sepsis poisoning. I was given nucynta. What a blessing. I am in constant pain with fibro. It has helped with having my pain going down to 50%."

Dars1948 Fibro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I gave a 5 (for now) just took my first dose of 75mg (to take every 8 hours) I will update the score once I've been on it a little longer. I have noticed in the reviews that just like any medicine it works for some people and not others. I'm actually posting regarding the concerns about the cost of the meds. First, discuss this concern with your doctor. No medication will work if you can't afford to pay for it! Or to take smaller doses so you don't have to shell out $ you don't have. I would recommend checking with the manufacturer for discounts, or sometimes getting a medication at no cost. I'm not sure what is available for this manufacturer. There are a lot of pharmaceutical companies that have patient assist programs. Good luck."

Deannamarie88 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "was on 15mg opanaer 2 x daily down from 2 x 30mg opanaer and 3 30mg morphine sulfate together and now this 2 x 50mg er nuycynta not working withdrawal horrible"

14ryry24lulugmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Seratonin SYNDROME!!! I I take an antidepressant Cymbalta 60 mg, Trazodone 50 mg, gabapentin up to 900mg because I have CRPS and literally cannot walk due to a surfing accident that almost paralyzed me 10 years ago. DO NOT TAKE THIS MED IF YOU'RE ON any kind of antidepressant!!! It will cause you to start shaking your heart pounds you're dizzy sick and you could actually die from this! This med does nothing for my PAIN! If you do take it with an antidepressant make sure you have a Narcan kit !! God bless us who depend on these doctors!!"

51and no fun July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been on Nucynta and Nucynta ER for 1 year and finally after 30 years of chronic pain from 3 different chronic illnesses I have almost complete relief. I do not suffer any side effects that I am aware of. In the first couple of months I did have some fatigue but my body adjusted and I am able to use this medicine during the day without drowsiness."

Leezard123 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was on Percocet 10 mg 3 times a day and my doctor switched me to Nucynta 75 mg 3 times a day. The pain is much worse and I have been begging my doctor to switch me back or to something else. The only response I got was "give it a month." I'm having surgery in a week for one of the 5 issues I have. Not sure what people like about this medicine I'm in tears and can't sleep. Monetarily I have to pay 5 times more for this medicine that doesn't work."

Matt Nac May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This is a terrible medicine, how it is getting positive reviews is beyond me. This medicine will make you sick as a dog!"

random111 May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This pills are a blessing! I started with 50mg ER twice a day, then increased to 2 x 50mg twice a day. 3 days ago it was increased again to 150mg ER twice a day and 75mg for breakthroughs pain. I think the ER dosage will get increased once more to reduce the amount of the 75's I'm taking through the day as I've have had to take them every 6 h. I have quite a few side effects: hot flashes, sweating, incredibly itchy, very shakey, decrease appetite, nausea and today for the first time, vomiting. BUT, I'm about 80% pain free and to me, that's a win. I'll take the side effects (maybe not so much the vomiting), especially the decreased appetite LOL I have tried Dilauded, Naproxin, Percocet and a couple others that I can't remember the names"

YYCManders - 37, Female May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Not effective as oxycodone"

John b42 April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed this pill for pain after a surgery and it did absolutely nothing. After my first dose, I had a grand mal seizure and I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. This pill brought out the epilepsy in me that I never knew I had. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Rachelnicolette April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have found the Nucynta ER 150 mg to work well on my Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS) in conjunction with a compound medication to give it a little extra kick, but it does not touch my severe arthritis pain I have in my ankle joints."

fizzledout March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Taking for herniated discs in my neck which cause migraines. Cannot take codeine because it makes me want to itch my skin right off my skin. This one made me vomit and gave me the worst migraine I've ever had in my life the first 2 times I took it. After that, made sure I took it with food. No negative side effects since., and now I don't even have to take it with food. Definitely works better than anything else I've taken, especially since I can't take codeine."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I've been taken Nucynta 100 mgs twice a day and 50mgs of the IR three times a day. Before that I was taking Percocet 10/325 4/day and OxyContin 20mgs just at night. The first day of taking Nucynta, I had a headache, probably from the norprenephrine. However, today it has been nothing but great. I have a bad back which it helps tremendously (as did the Percocet) but I also have severe neuropathy in my calf and right foot. For those, Percocet didn't help too much. As far as pain relief goes, it has been excellent. In fact, for the first time in literally 5 years, I only had to take 2 of the instant release instead of 3 that I'm prescribed. It definitely is a unique opioid though. I think it's great though!"

Kyle ATX (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have severe back pain and have been prescribed norco 10 Mg 6x day for almost two years. I moved and got in with a new doctor. She prefers a conservative approach since I am young and there is risk for addiction with opiates. I am on Nucynta 100 mg IR and it works great. There really is no change in the way it helps with pain or makes me feel from the norco. I like the nucynta better personally. Only con is that it is expensive and insurance does not want to cover it."

RBrody (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Was put on nucynta 100 mg every six hours for a two week trial after 60 mg of morphine long term use and tolerance. I have had major hot flashes, headaches, nausea At first I thought maybe the conversation wasn't done correctly but this medicine just flat out does not work for me at all. I woke up with night sweats, had to go to the bathroom and couldn't go. I'd rather go back on the morphine and adjust the dosage up. They can have this drug."

Jam10307 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "A friend gave me two 50 mg and said it was good pain pill, but I took both of them and it did NOTHING! What a waste!"

Larlee76 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was put on this so called pain medication 2 days ago. I have dealt with the hot flashes, which was no fun. Today , I'm breaking out all over my body, having serious diarrhea , and had to take Zofran from puking. I felt I was out in left field somewhere roaming around when I was on it and did not like the feeling. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Nucynta has been effective for pain management..... But I have developed constipation and prolonged yeast infections."

Carlita1979 December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have severe, constant pain following 4 serious car accidents (none my fault) over 14 years. I was taking Oxycontin 10 mg x5 per day and my Dr. recommend I try Nucynta. I don't know why. It was more expensive and not available in a generic form. After three days I felt it was less effective in controlling my pain. On the fourth day I woke up and felt I had nothing to live for and my life had no meaning. I have depression and PTSD caused by the accidents but these conditions are well controlled by other medications. I normally don't have these thoughts. I beleived this was a side effect of the Nucynta so I immediately stopped taking it and those thoughts went away right after."

senecawoman5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This has worked great for me. Manages my pain well and my only side effect is feeling sleepy towards evening. I've taken it for over four years and am now reducing daily dosage with pain still managed well."

CDM4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have severe IC. This is the only Med that my Urologist will prescribe for my 9/10 pain. I take 50mg 3x/day. It does lower pain level to a 1/2. However I get headaches and just a bit "foggy". All things considered though I cannot function with the pain so I have to tolerate these side effects in order to live a "normal" life. Norco did work better but my MD will no longer prescribe that due to addiction possibilities."

BroncosFan6761 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016