User Reviews for Tapentadol

Also known as: Nucynta, Nucynta ER

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tapentadol.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
8.2

Pain
6.6

Summary of Tapentadol reviews 7.4 311 reviews

Reviews for Tapentadol

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This medication was seriously a God send for me. I have tried soooo many other medications and none of them worked, and then when I would go off of them because they didn't work I would feel like I was dying. My pain was getting so severe that my body was going into shock and I would stop breathing and had to be rushed to hospital. Insert this medication. I was VERY skeptical that it would do a darn thing. I honestly thought my doctor was crazy for even wanting to try it, but after about 3 days on it, I noticed a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. I take three to four 50mg pills a day spaced out roughly 6 hours and I feel like a completely different person. It has reduced my pain by about 90%. No side effects other than mild tiredness."

FebBabyMom2008 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have Synovitis/tenosynovitis , which is a severe, rare bacterial infection in my hand. I had three operations, almost lost my hand, and it was gutted like a perch. Because of the types of antibiotics I had and still have to take no opioids worked at all. Oxy, Norco, Percacet nothing. Finally my pain doc came upon Nucynta. I started out taking four 100mg fast acting and 400mg of the ER. I'm now, after almost a year, down to 200mg ER and 225 mg of fast acting. I can't say the ER does anything at all but the regular was a home run. It's a weird high, can be hard to walk and talk, but stay in one place and be quiet. it really helps with the pain."

coach36 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "So far it's not working and no side effects"

Debbie Bittick (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "Have been taking Nucynta ER for nearly four years. Have degenerative disc disease and the remnants of 7 torn discs in mid-thoracic to lumbar and a cervical bulging disc. Have an old compression fracture in thoracic all caused by a 2009 accident, the torn discs are now practically non-existent and near bone to bone at several levels. Nucynta has changed my life. After taking Norcos and Roxy and others, do to no insurance at beginning, landed on Methadone as it was affordable. 3 years with Nucynta now, using nothing for breakthrough, would rather deal with little pain than be on more than have to. Can think, am back to work and providing for my family! It doesn’t fix everything, but has literally changed my life!"

MnstrGln (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I was diagnosed with advanced fibromyalgia about 3 years ago. My doctor has been monitoring my my condition and it has worsen over the years. I am now considered advanced to severe and my doctor decided to try this and see if it would help my symptoms. Nucynta ER 200 mg has done wonders and given me new life. The down side is that local pharmacies don't stock it or want to carry on their shelves regularly because of cost and with my insurance not allowing me to order refills until I am only days away from running out. Also, their suppliers only deliver once a week and the pharmacy needs to know 2 days in advance to get it that week or you end up having to wait til next week and you start going through withdrawals and depending on meds....."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "just doesn't seem to help"

Anonymous October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "It's very useful. Nothing more. It saved my life"

manibhangu October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Very effective."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "Good pain med took a few days to get use to it. I'm on the max dose 600mg/ day. I got quite dizzy at first trying to figure out when to take my break through meds. Very little highs and lows for me that is important not like the Percocets I used to take."

Upstar August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This drug has been a game changer for me. Previously I was maxxed out on Norco 10/325 (6 a day), and it barely touched my pain (herniated disk blew out, compressed my sciatic nerve, had emergency surgery to correct that because I'd lost function in my right leg and foot; foot works now, but left with chronic severe pain) and my ability to work or even to do regular housework was severely impacted. Nucynta to the rescue! I started on 4x50mg/day, which was increased to 6 per day. After I was stable on that, I was switched to 2x100mg Nucynta ER per day, with 2x50mg Nucynta immediate release for breakthrough pain. The first couple of days I was nauseated and a bit spacey, but soon those issues went away along with most of my pain. I love it!"

kellyann1293 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was switched to nucynta 75mg three daily from norco 10 four daily and was told there would not be withdrawal effect. Either the Dr does not know or she lied. The withdrawal from norco was fast and severe. Became very agitated and the pain spread and became worse. Dangerous drug."

wea3353 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was prescribed Nucynta 50mg for chronic joint pain. It have me no relief at all. Also, the price was ridiculous - $50 out of pocket!! Luckily my pharmacy gave me a $25.00 coupon but I still had to pay $25.00 out of pocket!!!"

oxfordgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have chronic idiopathic pancreatitis, allodynia, gastroparesis & tarsal tunnel syndrome. I was also, just recently tested for Lupus. I was taking Norco (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for a year until my new doc realized it was making my GI issues worse. We switched to Nucynta ER 150mg/BID & Nucynta IR 75mg for breakthrough. While they worked the first few months, I seem to be building a tolerance. I feel like the ER takes the edge off when my pain is between 4-5. But, both IR & ER cause EXCESSIVE sweating. I mean, there are days I have to change clothes multiple times daily. It's embarrassing. But, the Nucynta does not have any of the GI side effects (constipation namely) that other narcotics do."

RubyRedRN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I suffered kidney failure with narco and firocet. Almost died last year. IO had three months in the hospital with sepsis poisoning. I was given nucynta. What a blessing. I am in constant pain with fibro. It has helped with having my pain going down to 50%."

Dars1948 Fibro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I gave a 5 (for now) just took my first dose of 75mg (to take every 8 hours) I will update the score once I've been on it a little longer. I have noticed in the reviews that just like any medicine it works for some people and not others. I'm actually posting regarding the concerns about the cost of the meds. First, discuss this concern with your doctor. No medication will work if you can't afford to pay for it! Or to take smaller doses so you don't have to shell out $ you don't have. I would recommend checking with the manufacturer for discounts, or sometimes getting a medication at no cost. I'm not sure what is available for this manufacturer. There are a lot of pharmaceutical companies that have patient assist programs. Good luck."

Deannamarie88 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "was on 15mg opanaer 2 x daily down from 2 x 30mg opanaer and 3 30mg morphine sulfate together and now this 2 x 50mg er nuycynta not working withdrawal horrible"

14ryry24lulugmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Seratonin SYNDROME!!! I I take an antidepressant Cymbalta 60 mg, Trazodone 50 mg, gabapentin up to 900mg because I have CRPS and literally cannot walk due to a surfing accident that almost paralyzed me 10 years ago. DO NOT TAKE THIS MED IF YOU'RE ON any kind of antidepressant!!! It will cause you to start shaking your heart pounds you're dizzy sick and you could actually die from this! This med does nothing for my PAIN! If you do take it with an antidepressant make sure you have a Narcan kit !! God bless us who depend on these doctors!!"

51and no fun July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Do not go from Kapanol to Tapenadol, I ended up in Hospital with severe tremors through my Body. I thought I was having a Heart Attack. Tapentadol won't hold you if you make the switch and you end up feeling severely Ill."

Xyzepoi June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome and my doctor started me on Tapenedol 50mg morning and evening. That did not help at all so he increased to 100mg twice a day and it still has had no effect on my pain level. In the last week I have had severe stomach ulcer like symptoms. (I am prone to ulcers and well aware of the symptoms) The only thing it seems to help with is that I am sleeping better, but it has not helped my overall pain at all."

lindeelee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have been on Nucynta and Nucynta ER for 1 year and finally after 30 years of chronic pain from 3 different chronic illnesses I have almost complete relief. I do not suffer any side effects that I am aware of. In the first couple of months I did have some fatigue but my body adjusted and I am able to use this medicine during the day without drowsiness."

Leezard123 June 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was on Percocet 10 mg 3 times a day and my doctor switched me to Nucynta 75 mg 3 times a day. The pain is much worse and I have been begging my doctor to switch me back or to something else. The only response I got was "give it a month." I'm having surgery in a week for one of the 5 issues I have. Not sure what people like about this medicine I'm in tears and can't sleep. Monetarily I have to pay 5 times more for this medicine that doesn't work."

Matt Nac May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath "

T-tot (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "After 13 years of suffering chronic pain and exhausting a lot of other pain meds including Norspan patches, I was prescribed Tapentadol SR (palexia). I take up to 450mgs a day and it works... definitely not in as much pain. Apart from constipation and fatigue it seems to be the best one I've tried."

Mikey84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This is a terrible medicine, how it is getting positive reviews is beyond me. This medicine will make you sick as a dog!"

random111 May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I found this drug to be totally ineffective on Pain of any type, back, knees, or on osteoporosis"

PJPJ May 13, 2017