User Reviews for Tapentadol

Also known as: Nucynta, Nucynta ER

Learn more about Tapentadol.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 7 reviews 40 medications

Pain 297 reviews 1100 medications

6.6
Summary of Tapentadol reviews 304 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Tapentadol

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Very effective."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "Good pain med took a few days to get use to it. I'm on the max dose 600mg/ day. I got quite dizzy at first trying to figure out when to take my break through meds. Very little highs and lows for me that is important not like the Percocets I used to take."

Upstar August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This drug has been a game changer for me. Previously I was maxxed out on Norco 10/325 (6 a day), and it barely touched my pain (herniated disk blew out, compressed my sciatic nerve, had emergency surgery to correct that because I'd lost function in my right leg and foot; foot works now, but left with chronic severe pain) and my ability to work or even to do regular housework was severely impacted. Nucynta to the rescue! I started on 4x50mg/day, which was increased to 6 per day. After I was stable on that, I was switched to 2x100mg Nucynta ER per day, with 2x50mg Nucynta immediate release for breakthrough pain. The first couple of days I was nauseated and a bit spacey, but soon those issues went away along with most of my pain. I love it!"

kellyann1293 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was switched to nucynta 75mg three daily from norco 10 four daily and was told there would not be withdrawal effect. Either the Dr does not know or she lied. The withdrawal from norco was fast and severe. Became very agitated and the pain spread and became worse. Dangerous drug."

wea3353 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was prescribed Nucynta 50mg for chronic joint pain. It have me no relief at all. Also, the price was ridiculous - $50 out of pocket!! Luckily my pharmacy gave me a $25.00 coupon but I still had to pay $25.00 out of pocket!!!"

oxfordgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have chronic idiopathic pancreatitis, allodynia, gastroparesis & tarsal tunnel syndrome. I was also, just recently tested for Lupus. I was taking Norco (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for a year until my new doc realized it was making my GI issues worse. We switched to Nucynta ER 150mg/BID & Nucynta IR 75mg for breakthrough. While they worked the first few months, I seem to be building a tolerance. I feel like the ER takes the edge off when my pain is between 4-5. But, both IR & ER cause EXCESSIVE sweating. I mean, there are days I have to change clothes multiple times daily. It's embarrassing. But, the Nucynta does not have any of the GI side effects (constipation namely) that other narcotics do."

RubyRedRN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I suffered kidney failure with narco and firocet. Almost died last year. IO had three months in the hospital with sepsis poisoning. I was given nucynta. What a blessing. I am in constant pain with fibro. It has helped with having my pain going down to 50%."

Dars1948 Fibro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I gave a 5 (for now) just took my first dose of 75mg (to take every 8 hours) I will update the score once I've been on it a little longer. I have noticed in the reviews that just like any medicine it works for some people and not others. I'm actually posting regarding the concerns about the cost of the meds. First, discuss this concern with your doctor. No medication will work if you can't afford to pay for it! Or to take smaller doses so you don't have to shell out $ you don't have. I would recommend checking with the manufacturer for discounts, or sometimes getting a medication at no cost. I'm not sure what is available for this manufacturer. There are a lot of pharmaceutical companies that have patient assist programs. Good luck."

Deannamarie88 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "was on 15mg opanaer 2 x daily down from 2 x 30mg opanaer and 3 30mg morphine sulfate together and now this 2 x 50mg er nuycynta not working withdrawal horrible"

14ryry24lulugmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Seratonin SYNDROME!!! I I take an antidepressant Cymbalta 60 mg, Trazodone 50 mg, gabapentin up to 900mg because I have CRPS and literally cannot walk due to a surfing accident that almost paralyzed me 10 years ago. DO NOT TAKE THIS MED IF YOU'RE ON any kind of antidepressant!!! It will cause you to start shaking your heart pounds you're dizzy sick and you could actually die from this! This med does nothing for my PAIN! If you do take it with an antidepressant make sure you have a Narcan kit !! God bless us who depend on these doctors!!"

51and no fun July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Do not go from Kapanol to Tapenadol, I ended up in Hospital with severe tremors through my Body. I thought I was having a Heart Attack. Tapentadol won't hold you if you make the switch and you end up feeling severely Ill."

Xyzepoi June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome and my doctor started me on Tapenedol 50mg morning and evening. That did not help at all so he increased to 100mg twice a day and it still has had no effect on my pain level. In the last week I have had severe stomach ulcer like symptoms. (I am prone to ulcers and well aware of the symptoms) The only thing it seems to help with is that I am sleeping better, but it has not helped my overall pain at all."

lindeelee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have been on Nucynta and Nucynta ER for 1 year and finally after 30 years of chronic pain from 3 different chronic illnesses I have almost complete relief. I do not suffer any side effects that I am aware of. In the first couple of months I did have some fatigue but my body adjusted and I am able to use this medicine during the day without drowsiness."

Leezard123 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was on Percocet 10 mg 3 times a day and my doctor switched me to Nucynta 75 mg 3 times a day. The pain is much worse and I have been begging my doctor to switch me back or to something else. The only response I got was "give it a month." I'm having surgery in a week for one of the 5 issues I have. Not sure what people like about this medicine I'm in tears and can't sleep. Monetarily I have to pay 5 times more for this medicine that doesn't work."

Matt Nac May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath "

T-tot (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "After 13 years of suffering chronic pain and exhausting a lot of other pain meds including Norspan patches, I was prescribed Tapentadol SR (palexia). I take up to 450mgs a day and it works... definitely not in as much pain. Apart from constipation and fatigue it seems to be the best one I've tried."

Mikey84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This is a terrible medicine, how it is getting positive reviews is beyond me. This medicine will make you sick as a dog!"

random111 May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I found this drug to be totally ineffective on Pain of any type, back, knees, or on osteoporosis"

PJPJ May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This pills are a blessing! I started with 50mg ER twice a day, then increased to 2 x 50mg twice a day. 3 days ago it was increased again to 150mg ER twice a day and 75mg for breakthroughs pain. I think the ER dosage will get increased once more to reduce the amount of the 75's I'm taking through the day as I've have had to take them every 6 h. I have quite a few side effects: hot flashes, sweating, incredibly itchy, very shakey, decrease appetite, nausea and today for the first time, vomiting. BUT, I'm about 80% pain free and to me, that's a win. I'll take the side effects (maybe not so much the vomiting), especially the decreased appetite LOL I have tried Dilauded, Naproxin, Percocet and a couple others that I can't remember the names"

YYCManders - 37, Female May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Not effective as oxycodone"

John b42 April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was prescribed this pill for pain after a surgery and it did absolutely nothing. After my first dose, I had a grand mal seizure and I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. This pill brought out the epilepsy in me that I never knew I had. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Rachelnicolette April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "30+ years living with chronic pain from severe whiplash in high school. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. Started anti depressants & naproxen. Meniscus tear. Laberal hip tear. Arthritis in neck knee & hip. Injections of cortisone. 2 lumbar surgeries L5-S1. Sciatic nerve had grafted itself to a shard of bone that was micro surgically removed that MRI never picked up. Very lucky surgeon found it. Disc fusion. My pain specialist put me on 200mg palexia. It helps so much as well as taking mobic anti inflammatory daily I can get through the day better than before. I do feel foggy but that's the fibromyalgia or fibro fog. Feel like a bit of a zombie at times. But it helps."

Non addictive & works well. March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have found the Nucynta ER 150 mg to work well on my Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS) in conjunction with a compound medication to give it a little extra kick, but it does not touch my severe arthritis pain I have in my ankle joints."

fizzledout March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Trigeminal, geniculate and glossopharyngeal neuralgia at once. Excruciating. I couldn't eat solid foods. This med brought pain level down and I could still function. I didn't have the usual "pain med" side effects for some reason. Got me through til I had surgery for my condition. I would take again if in severe pain for extended period."

Complexneuralgiachickie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Nucynta is specifically targeted at chronic nerve pain, esp. diabetic neuropathic pain. Nucynta ER provides me with all day & night relief better than the hydrocodene taken previously. After 4 months on this drug I have not experienced any significant side effects."

Wideload March 5, 2017