User Reviews for Tapentadol

Also known as: Nucynta, Nucynta ER

Learn more about Tapentadol.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 7 reviews 40 medications

Pain 278 reviews 1118 medications

6.6
Summary of Tapentadol reviews 285 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Tapentadol

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Not effective as oxycodone"

John b42 April 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was prescribed this pill for pain after a surgery and it did absolutely nothing. After my first dose, I had a grand mal seizure and I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. This pill brought out the epilepsy in me that I never knew I had. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Rachelnicolette April 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "30+ years living with chronic pain from severe whiplash in high school. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. Started anti depressants & naproxen. Meniscus tear. Laberal hip tear. Arthritis in neck knee & hip. Injections of cortisone. 2 lumbar surgeries L5-S1. Sciatic nerve had grafted itself to a shard of bone that was micro surgically removed that MRI never picked up. Very lucky surgeon found it. Disc fusion. My pain specialist put me on 200mg palexia. It helps so much as well as taking mobic anti inflammatory daily I can get through the day better than before. I do feel foggy but that's the fibromyalgia or fibro fog. Feel like a bit of a zombie at times. But it helps."

Non addictive & works well. March 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have found the Nucynta ER 150 mg to work well on my Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS) in conjunction with a compound medication to give it a little extra kick, but it does not touch my severe arthritis pain I have in my ankle joints."

fizzledout March 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Trigeminal, geniculate and glossopharyngeal neuralgia at once. Excruciating. I couldn't eat solid foods. This med brought pain level down and I could still function. I didn't have the usual "pain med" side effects for some reason. Got me through til I had surgery for my condition. I would take again if in severe pain for extended period."

Complexneuralgiachickie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Nucynta is specifically targeted at chronic nerve pain, esp. diabetic neuropathic pain. Nucynta ER provides me with all day & night relief better than the hydrocodene taken previously. After 4 months on this drug I have not experienced any significant side effects."

Wideload March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Taking for herniated discs in my neck which cause migraines. Cannot take codeine because it makes me want to itch my skin right off my skin. This one made me vomit and gave me the worst migraine I've ever had in my life the first 2 times I took it. After that, made sure I took it with food. No negative side effects since., and now I don't even have to take it with food. Definitely works better than anything else I've taken, especially since I can't take codeine."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I've been taken Nucynta 100 mgs twice a day and 50mgs of the IR three times a day. Before that I was taking Percocet 10/325 4/day and OxyContin 20mgs just at night. The first day of taking Nucynta, I had a headache, probably from the norprenephrine. However, today it has been nothing but great. I have a bad back which it helps tremendously (as did the Percocet) but I also have severe neuropathy in my calf and right foot. For those, Percocet didn't help too much. As far as pain relief goes, it has been excellent. In fact, for the first time in literally 5 years, I only had to take 2 of the instant release instead of 3 that I'm prescribed. It definitely is a unique opioid though. I think it's great though!"

Kyle ATX (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Unexpectedly found this page, and read other responses to see others experience with Nucynta. I have been on various doses ranging from 600mg per day (all 100's) to currently taking two 100 extended release tablets per day. My experience has lasted six years now. From the very start I loved it because it was effective for my neuropathy. The big bonus was that after a while, say month or two, I was completely confident in my ability to concentrate and do my very detailed work. Now that said, while on the max dose of 600mg I would definitely feel the effects every time I dropped a 100mg. This was the beginning. As the dose went down, the ability to concentrate got better and better. my biggest problem was finding a drug store that kept in stock."

Lsu lexus January 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have severe back pain and have been prescribed norco 10 Mg 6x day for almost two years. I moved and got in with a new doctor. She prefers a conservative approach since I am young and there is risk for addiction with opiates. I am on Nucynta 100 mg IR and it works great. There really is no change in the way it helps with pain or makes me feel from the norco. I like the nucynta better personally. Only con is that it is expensive and insurance does not want to cover it."

RBrody (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Was put on nucynta 100 mg every six hours for a two week trial after 60 mg of morphine long term use and tolerance. I have had major hot flashes, headaches, nausea At first I thought maybe the conversation wasn't done correctly but this medicine just flat out does not work for me at all. I woke up with night sweats, had to go to the bathroom and couldn't go. I'd rather go back on the morphine and adjust the dosage up. They can have this drug."

Jam10307 January 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "Since 2002, when I had a terrible car accident....Durango hit my Civic, while I was 1st at a stoplight, (stopped), at 50 mph. Been thru 3 cervical fusions from the best docs in the USA, 2nd surgery was a failed fusion. Third surgery in 2013, I now have 7 levels fused, from C2-T1, and a recent lumbar fusion from L3-L5. I am bionic, except for the agonizing pain I've endured for YEARS! Finally on disability, both b/c of spine, severe poly-neuropathy, and severe fibro all over. Nucynta is a HUGE blessing! No foggy head and dwindling down on Norco intake! I feel ALIVE! 200 mg ER x 2/day and down to 4 Norcos for breakthru. It IS A GOD SEND! I can once again be productive, happy and damn nearly pain free. I am blessed! No, it doesnt give you a hi"

Suz1133 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "A friend gave me two 50 mg and said it was good pain pill, but I took both of them and it did NOTHING! What a waste!"

Larlee76 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "My anesthesiologist prescribed be Belbica for the RSD. No relief and a migraine to boot. So about two weeks ago he switched me to Nucynta ER 100 bid with a max of 4 Norco 7.5/325 for breakthrough pain daily. I am waiting for the intrathecal pain pump. My insurance company denied the procedure saying they needed more info so now they are going to have a "peer to peer" TODAY with the spinal surgeon. I am tired of all the different medications, the side effects and feeling like a lab tab. Have maxed out the lumbar punctures too as minimal relief was achieved. I am fortunate to have a fantastic anesthesiologist (pain mgmt) who genuinely cares about ME and the situation I am in. Nucynta seems to give little relief. Will take any I can get"

DoubleRSD (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was put on this so called pain medication 2 days ago. I have dealt with the hot flashes, which was no fun. Today , I'm breaking out all over my body, having serious diarrhea , and had to take Zofran from puking. I felt I was out in left field somewhere roaming around when I was on it and did not like the feeling. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have 4 slipped discs and a self fusing spine and I'm only 36. I have terrible OA in my spine that's hereditary. I failed epidural injections. The nerve pain kept me in bed crying most days and I couldn't be a wife or mom. I started on Norco, then moved to Ocycodone. They added neurontin and nothing took care of the burning shooting pain that was at the base of my skull and down my left arm. I got interminent relief for one year. I changed doctors and they put me on Nucynta ER 250mg once a day! I can honestly say I am pain free. I only take this and an anti inflammatory. I will say the consistent side effect is Nausea Vomiting and no appetite. I don't mind it as I'm finally pain free and I just eat small meals!"

Lulumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Nucynta has been effective for pain management..... But I have developed constipation and prolonged yeast infections."

Carlita1979 December 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have severe, constant pain following 4 serious car accidents (none my fault) over 14 years. I was taking Oxycontin 10 mg x5 per day and my Dr. recommend I try Nucynta. I don't know why. It was more expensive and not available in a generic form. After three days I felt it was less effective in controlling my pain. On the fourth day I woke up and felt I had nothing to live for and my life had no meaning. I have depression and PTSD caused by the accidents but these conditions are well controlled by other medications. I normally don't have these thoughts. I beleived this was a side effect of the Nucynta so I immediately stopped taking it and those thoughts went away right after."

senecawoman5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This has worked great for me. Manages my pain well and my only side effect is feeling sleepy towards evening. I've taken it for over four years and am now reducing daily dosage with pain still managed well."

CDM4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I took it for three 1/2 weeks it gives some pain relief. 200 MG per day. I prefer the hydrocodon. It made me very tired after 6 8 hours, and effected my vision some when reading close. Probably good for some if you don't travel much and can just stay home."

James more November 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "This medicine made me dizzy and didn't help me with the pain at all...I was vomiting after about six hours....is nothing like I'm use too... There is something in this medicine that's isn't good and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Angel west (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have severe IC. This is the only Med that my Urologist will prescribe for my 9/10 pain. I take 50mg 3x/day. It does lower pain level to a 1/2. However I get headaches and just a bit "foggy". All things considered though I cannot function with the pain so I have to tolerate these side effects in order to live a "normal" life. Norco did work better but my MD will no longer prescribe that due to addiction possibilities."

BroncosFan6761 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have herniated disc and arachnoiditis, degenerative arthritis in upper spine and left hip. I have had three meniscus repairs and the replacement of my left knee. I need the right knee replaced when possible. I have also had a disc fused in my neck. I am on nucynta er 50mg twice a day, percocet 7.5mg 5 times daily, plus soma. I am still suffering a lot of pain in the 8 - 9 range most of the time. I get very little sleep because of the pain and burning. The Nucynta ER helps but need something better then the percocet...I hate the feeling it causes. I am waiting (jumping through hoops) for the insurance to approve a nerve stimulator implant and praying it will give me at least 50% relief. I have not tried the Nucynta IR, will ask dr."

MS Caretaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have a form of muscular dystrophy and take this for my chronic severe pain. I've been on the immediate release 2x 50 mg a day. It is a miracle for me. I can function way better than I could on norco or oxy and it works way better for managing my pain than lesser pain killers like ultram. I've tried both the ER and IR and found the ER to not be as effective for me. nucynta IR has seriously given me more quality of life. The only downside for me is there is not yet a generic available and it's extremely expensive (even with insurance)."

Twenty something chronic pain (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL...!! IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS PLAY IT SAVE!!! THIS PILL gave me brain fog after only a few days... my pain INCREASED!!!! I was in so much pain my husband couldn't touch me!! Pain from head to toe... when I stopped taking it, within one day I was back to my normal fibromyalgia pain .., I was starting to think being dead would be better than feeling like that all the time !! BE VERY CAREFUL!!!"

Dennypig (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016