User Reviews for Tapentadol

Also known as: Nucynta, Nucynta ER

Learn more about Tapentadol.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 7 reviews 40 medications

Pain 291 reviews 1118 medications

6.6
Summary of Tapentadol reviews 298 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Tapentadol

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I suffered kidney failure with narco and firocet. Almost died last year. IO had three months in the hospital with sepsis poisoning. I was given nucynta. What a blessing. I am in constant pain with fibro. It has helped with having my pain going down to 50%."

Dars1948 Fibro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I gave a 5 (for now) just took my first dose of 75mg (to take every 8 hours) I will update the score once I've been on it a little longer. I have noticed in the reviews that just like any medicine it works for some people and not others. I'm actually posting regarding the concerns about the cost of the meds. First, discuss this concern with your doctor. No medication will work if you can't afford to pay for it! Or to take smaller doses so you don't have to shell out $ you don't have. I would recommend checking with the manufacturer for discounts, or sometimes getting a medication at no cost. I'm not sure what is available for this manufacturer. There are a lot of pharmaceutical companies that have patient assist programs. Good luck."

Deannamarie88 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "was on 15mg opanaer 2 x daily down from 2 x 30mg opanaer and 3 30mg morphine sulfate together and now this 2 x 50mg er nuycynta not working withdrawal horrible"

14ryry24lulugmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Seratonin SYNDROME!!! I I take an antidepressant Cymbalta 60 mg, Trazodone 50 mg, gabapentin up to 900mg because I have CRPS and literally cannot walk due to a surfing accident that almost paralyzed me 10 years ago. DO NOT TAKE THIS MED IF YOU'RE ON any kind of antidepressant!!! It will cause you to start shaking your heart pounds you're dizzy sick and you could actually die from this! This med does nothing for my PAIN! If you do take it with an antidepressant make sure you have a Narcan kit !! God bless us who depend on these doctors!!"

51and no fun July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Do not go from Kapanol to Tapenadol, I ended up in Hospital with severe tremors through my Body. I thought I was having a Heart Attack. Tapentadol won't hold you if you make the switch and you end up feeling severely Ill."

Xyzepoi June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome and my doctor started me on Tapenedol 50mg morning and evening. That did not help at all so he increased to 100mg twice a day and it still has had no effect on my pain level. In the last week I have had severe stomach ulcer like symptoms. (I am prone to ulcers and well aware of the symptoms) The only thing it seems to help with is that I am sleeping better, but it has not helped my overall pain at all."

lindeelee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have been on Nucynta and Nucynta ER for 1 year and finally after 30 years of chronic pain from 3 different chronic illnesses I have almost complete relief. I do not suffer any side effects that I am aware of. In the first couple of months I did have some fatigue but my body adjusted and I am able to use this medicine during the day without drowsiness."

Leezard123 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was on Percocet 10 mg 3 times a day and my doctor switched me to Nucynta 75 mg 3 times a day. The pain is much worse and I have been begging my doctor to switch me back or to something else. The only response I got was "give it a month." I'm having surgery in a week for one of the 5 issues I have. Not sure what people like about this medicine I'm in tears and can't sleep. Monetarily I have to pay 5 times more for this medicine that doesn't work."

Matt Nac May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath "

T-tot (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "After 13 years of suffering chronic pain and exhausting a lot of other pain meds including Norspan patches, I was prescribed Tapentadol SR (palexia). I take up to 450mgs a day and it works... definitely not in as much pain. Apart from constipation and fatigue it seems to be the best one I've tried."

Mikey84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This is a terrible medicine, how it is getting positive reviews is beyond me. This medicine will make you sick as a dog!"

random111 May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I found this drug to be totally ineffective on Pain of any type, back, knees, or on osteoporosis"

PJPJ May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "This pills are a blessing! I started with 50mg ER twice a day, then increased to 2 x 50mg twice a day. 3 days ago it was increased again to 150mg ER twice a day and 75mg for breakthroughs pain. I think the ER dosage will get increased once more to reduce the amount of the 75's I'm taking through the day as I've have had to take them every 6 h. I have quite a few side effects: hot flashes, sweating, incredibly itchy, very shakey, decrease appetite, nausea and today for the first time, vomiting. BUT, I'm about 80% pain free and to me, that's a win. I'll take the side effects (maybe not so much the vomiting), especially the decreased appetite LOL I have tried Dilauded, Naproxin, Percocet and a couple others that I can't remember the names"

YYCManders - 37, Female May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Not effective as oxycodone"

John b42 April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I was prescribed this pill for pain after a surgery and it did absolutely nothing. After my first dose, I had a grand mal seizure and I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. This pill brought out the epilepsy in me that I never knew I had. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Rachelnicolette April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "30+ years living with chronic pain from severe whiplash in high school. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. Started anti depressants & naproxen. Meniscus tear. Laberal hip tear. Arthritis in neck knee & hip. Injections of cortisone. 2 lumbar surgeries L5-S1. Sciatic nerve had grafted itself to a shard of bone that was micro surgically removed that MRI never picked up. Very lucky surgeon found it. Disc fusion. My pain specialist put me on 200mg palexia. It helps so much as well as taking mobic anti inflammatory daily I can get through the day better than before. I do feel foggy but that's the fibromyalgia or fibro fog. Feel like a bit of a zombie at times. But it helps."

Non addictive & works well. March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have found the Nucynta ER 150 mg to work well on my Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS) in conjunction with a compound medication to give it a little extra kick, but it does not touch my severe arthritis pain I have in my ankle joints."

fizzledout March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Trigeminal, geniculate and glossopharyngeal neuralgia at once. Excruciating. I couldn't eat solid foods. This med brought pain level down and I could still function. I didn't have the usual "pain med" side effects for some reason. Got me through til I had surgery for my condition. I would take again if in severe pain for extended period."

Complexneuralgiachickie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Nucynta is specifically targeted at chronic nerve pain, esp. diabetic neuropathic pain. Nucynta ER provides me with all day & night relief better than the hydrocodene taken previously. After 4 months on this drug I have not experienced any significant side effects."

Wideload March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Taking for herniated discs in my neck which cause migraines. Cannot take codeine because it makes me want to itch my skin right off my skin. This one made me vomit and gave me the worst migraine I've ever had in my life the first 2 times I took it. After that, made sure I took it with food. No negative side effects since., and now I don't even have to take it with food. Definitely works better than anything else I've taken, especially since I can't take codeine."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I've been taken Nucynta 100 mgs twice a day and 50mgs of the IR three times a day. Before that I was taking Percocet 10/325 4/day and OxyContin 20mgs just at night. The first day of taking Nucynta, I had a headache, probably from the norprenephrine. However, today it has been nothing but great. I have a bad back which it helps tremendously (as did the Percocet) but I also have severe neuropathy in my calf and right foot. For those, Percocet didn't help too much. As far as pain relief goes, it has been excellent. In fact, for the first time in literally 5 years, I only had to take 2 of the instant release instead of 3 that I'm prescribed. It definitely is a unique opioid though. I think it's great though!"

Kyle ATX (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Unexpectedly found this page, and read other responses to see others experience with Nucynta. I have been on various doses ranging from 600mg per day (all 100's) to currently taking two 100 extended release tablets per day. My experience has lasted six years now. From the very start I loved it because it was effective for my neuropathy. The big bonus was that after a while, say month or two, I was completely confident in my ability to concentrate and do my very detailed work. Now that said, while on the max dose of 600mg I would definitely feel the effects every time I dropped a 100mg. This was the beginning. As the dose went down, the ability to concentrate got better and better. my biggest problem was finding a drug store that kept in stock."

Lsu lexus January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "I have severe back pain and have been prescribed norco 10 Mg 6x day for almost two years. I moved and got in with a new doctor. She prefers a conservative approach since I am young and there is risk for addiction with opiates. I am on Nucynta 100 mg IR and it works great. There really is no change in the way it helps with pain or makes me feel from the norco. I like the nucynta better personally. Only con is that it is expensive and insurance does not want to cover it."

RBrody (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta (tapentadol) for Pain: "Was put on nucynta 100 mg every six hours for a two week trial after 60 mg of morphine long term use and tolerance. I have had major hot flashes, headaches, nausea At first I thought maybe the conversation wasn't done correctly but this medicine just flat out does not work for me at all. I woke up with night sweats, had to go to the bathroom and couldn't go. I'd rather go back on the morphine and adjust the dosage up. They can have this drug."

Jam10307 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nucynta ER (tapentadol) for Pain: "Since 2002, when I had a terrible car accident....Durango hit my Civic, while I was 1st at a stoplight, (stopped), at 50 mph. Been thru 3 cervical fusions from the best docs in the USA, 2nd surgery was a failed fusion. Third surgery in 2013, I now have 7 levels fused, from C2-T1, and a recent lumbar fusion from L3-L5. I am bionic, except for the agonizing pain I've endured for YEARS! Finally on disability, both b/c of spine, severe poly-neuropathy, and severe fibro all over. Nucynta is a HUGE blessing! No foggy head and dwindling down on Norco intake! I feel ALIVE! 200 mg ER x 2/day and down to 4 Norcos for breakthru. It IS A GOD SEND! I can once again be productive, happy and damn nearly pain free. I am blessed! No, it doesnt give you a hi"

Suz1133 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016