User Reviews for Tapentadol

Also known as: Nucynta, Nucynta ER

Learn more about Tapentadol.

Tapentadol Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1857 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tapentadol to treat Pain

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I was on Percocet 10 mg 3 times a day and my doctor switched me to Nucynta 75 mg 3 times a day. The pain is much worse and I have been begging my doctor to switch me back or to something else. The only response I got was "give it a month." I'm having surgery in a week for one of the 5 issues I have. Not sure what people like about this medicine I'm in tears and can't sleep. Monetarily I have to pay 5 times more for this medicine that doesn't work."

Matt Nac May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol): "I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath "

T-tot (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After 13 years of suffering chronic pain and exhausting a lot of other pain meds including Norspan patches, I was prescribed Tapentadol SR (palexia). I take up to 450mgs a day and it works... definitely not in as much pain. Apart from constipation and fatigue it seems to be the best one I've tried."

Mikey84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "This is a terrible medicine, how it is getting positive reviews is beyond me. This medicine will make you sick as a dog!"

random111 May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I found this drug to be totally ineffective on Pain of any type, back, knees, or on osteoporosis"

PJPJ May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "This pills are a blessing! I started with 50mg ER twice a day, then increased to 2 x 50mg twice a day. 3 days ago it was increased again to 150mg ER twice a day and 75mg for breakthroughs pain. I think the ER dosage will get increased once more to reduce the amount of the 75's I'm taking through the day as I've have had to take them every 6 h. I have quite a few side effects: hot flashes, sweating, incredibly itchy, very shakey, decrease appetite, nausea and today for the first time, vomiting. BUT, I'm about 80% pain free and to me, that's a win. I'll take the side effects (maybe not so much the vomiting), especially the decreased appetite LOL I have tried Dilauded, Naproxin, Percocet and a couple others that I can't remember the names"

YYCManders - 37, Female May 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "Not effective as oxycodone"

John b42 April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I was prescribed this pill for pain after a surgery and it did absolutely nothing. After my first dose, I had a grand mal seizure and I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. This pill brought out the epilepsy in me that I never knew I had. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Rachelnicolette April 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"30+ years living with chronic pain from severe whiplash in high school. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. Started anti depressants & naproxen. Meniscus tear. Laberal hip tear. Arthritis in neck knee & hip. Injections of cortisone. 2 lumbar surgeries L5-S1. Sciatic nerve had grafted itself to a shard of bone that was micro surgically removed that MRI never picked up. Very lucky surgeon found it. Disc fusion. My pain specialist put me on 200mg palexia. It helps so much as well as taking mobic anti inflammatory daily I can get through the day better than before. I do feel foggy but that's the fibromyalgia or fibro fog. Feel like a bit of a zombie at times. But it helps."

Non addictive & works well. March 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I have found the Nucynta ER 150 mg to work well on my Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS) in conjunction with a compound medication to give it a little extra kick, but it does not touch my severe arthritis pain I have in my ankle joints."

fizzledout March 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Trigeminal, geniculate and glossopharyngeal neuralgia at once. Excruciating. I couldn't eat solid foods. This med brought pain level down and I could still function. I didn't have the usual "pain med" side effects for some reason. Got me through til I had surgery for my condition. I would take again if in severe pain for extended period."

Complexneuralgiachickie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "Taking for herniated discs in my neck which cause migraines. Cannot take codeine because it makes me want to itch my skin right off my skin. This one made me vomit and gave me the worst migraine I've ever had in my life the first 2 times I took it. After that, made sure I took it with food. No negative side effects since., and now I don't even have to take it with food. Definitely works better than anything else I've taken, especially since I can't take codeine."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I've been taken Nucynta 100 mgs twice a day and 50mgs of the IR three times a day. Before that I was taking Percocet 10/325 4/day and OxyContin 20mgs just at night. The first day of taking Nucynta, I had a headache, probably from the norprenephrine. However, today it has been nothing but great. I have a bad back which it helps tremendously (as did the Percocet) but I also have severe neuropathy in my calf and right foot. For those, Percocet didn't help too much. As far as pain relief goes, it has been excellent. In fact, for the first time in literally 5 years, I only had to take 2 of the instant release instead of 3 that I'm prescribed. It definitely is a unique opioid though. I think it's great though!"

Kyle ATX (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I have severe back pain and have been prescribed norco 10 Mg 6x day for almost two years. I moved and got in with a new doctor. She prefers a conservative approach since I am young and there is risk for addiction with opiates. I am on Nucynta 100 mg IR and it works great. There really is no change in the way it helps with pain or makes me feel from the norco. I like the nucynta better personally. Only con is that it is expensive and insurance does not want to cover it."

RBrody (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "Was put on nucynta 100 mg every six hours for a two week trial after 60 mg of morphine long term use and tolerance. I have had major hot flashes, headaches, nausea At first I thought maybe the conversation wasn't done correctly but this medicine just flat out does not work for me at all. I woke up with night sweats, had to go to the bathroom and couldn't go. I'd rather go back on the morphine and adjust the dosage up. They can have this drug."

Jam10307 January 4, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol): "Since 2002, when I had a terrible car accident....Durango hit my Civic, while I was 1st at a stoplight, (stopped), at 50 mph. Been thru 3 cervical fusions from the best docs in the USA, 2nd surgery was a failed fusion. Third surgery in 2013, I now have 7 levels fused, from C2-T1, and a recent lumbar fusion from L3-L5. I am bionic, except for the agonizing pain I've endured for YEARS! Finally on disability, both b/c of spine, severe poly-neuropathy, and severe fibro all over. Nucynta is a HUGE blessing! No foggy head and dwindling down on Norco intake! I feel ALIVE! 200 mg ER x 2/day and down to 4 Norcos for breakthru. It IS A GOD SEND! I can once again be productive, happy and damn nearly pain free. I am blessed! No, it doesnt give you a hi"

Suz1133 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "A friend gave me two 50 mg and said it was good pain pill, but I took both of them and it did NOTHING! What a waste!"

Larlee76 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol): "My anesthesiologist prescribed be Belbica for the RSD. No relief and a migraine to boot. So about two weeks ago he switched me to Nucynta ER 100 bid with a max of 4 Norco 7.5/325 for breakthrough pain daily. I am waiting for the intrathecal pain pump. My insurance company denied the procedure saying they needed more info so now they are going to have a "peer to peer" TODAY with the spinal surgeon. I am tired of all the different medications, the side effects and feeling like a lab tab. Have maxed out the lumbar punctures too as minimal relief was achieved. I am fortunate to have a fantastic anesthesiologist (pain mgmt) who genuinely cares about ME and the situation I am in. Nucynta seems to give little relief. Will take any I can get"

DoubleRSD (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I was put on this so called pain medication 2 days ago. I have dealt with the hot flashes, which was no fun. Today , I'm breaking out all over my body, having serious diarrhea , and had to take Zofran from puking. I felt I was out in left field somewhere roaming around when I was on it and did not like the feeling. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol): "I have 4 slipped discs and a self fusing spine and I'm only 36. I have terrible OA in my spine that's hereditary. I failed epidural injections. The nerve pain kept me in bed crying most days and I couldn't be a wife or mom. I started on Norco, then moved to Ocycodone. They added neurontin and nothing took care of the burning shooting pain that was at the base of my skull and down my left arm. I got interminent relief for one year. I changed doctors and they put me on Nucynta ER 250mg once a day! I can honestly say I am pain free. I only take this and an anti inflammatory. I will say the consistent side effect is Nausea Vomiting and no appetite. I don't mind it as I'm finally pain free and I just eat small meals!"

Lulumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "Nucynta has been effective for pain management..... But I have developed constipation and prolonged yeast infections."

Carlita1979 December 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "I have severe, constant pain following 4 serious car accidents (none my fault) over 14 years. I was taking Oxycontin 10 mg x5 per day and my Dr. recommend I try Nucynta. I don't know why. It was more expensive and not available in a generic form. After three days I felt it was less effective in controlling my pain. On the fourth day I woke up and felt I had nothing to live for and my life had no meaning. I have depression and PTSD caused by the accidents but these conditions are well controlled by other medications. I normally don't have these thoughts. I beleived this was a side effect of the Nucynta so I immediately stopped taking it and those thoughts went away right after."

senecawoman5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta (tapentadol): "This has worked great for me. Manages my pain well and my only side effect is feeling sleepy towards evening. I've taken it for over four years and am now reducing daily dosage with pain still managed well."

CDM4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol): "I took it for three 1/2 weeks it gives some pain relief. 200 MG per day. I prefer the hydrocodon. It made me very tired after 6 8 hours, and effected my vision some when reading close. Probably good for some if you don't travel much and can just stay home."

James more November 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nucynta ER (tapentadol): "This medicine made me dizzy and didn't help me with the pain at all...I was vomiting after about six hours....is nothing like I'm use too... There is something in this medicine that's isn't good and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Angel west (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016