User Reviews for Lyrica CR

Lyrica CR has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Neuropathic Pain
Summary of Lyrica CR reviews 6.0 5 reviews

DBB · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 7, 2020

For Neuropathic Pain: “I developed peripheral neuropathy in 2010 after an adverse reaction due to long term administration of both oral and intravenous Flagyl to treat two back-to-back occurrences of diverticulitis. I was in unbearable pain and there would be nights I would soak my feet in a bucket of water with ice in it. I was literally in tears. Gabapentin did nothing. I could not sleep with covers, or even sheets, over my feet. It took a month or so to build up to 450mg of Lyrica/day, but it was a life-saver. I never suffered any side effects.”

Zopdeep · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2020

For Neuropathic Pain: “Was on Lyrica for 5 years with good success, then the generics came out and my insurance switched. Lyrica CR to the rescue. Works as well as brand Lyrica and easier dosing. I have small fiber neuropathy throughout my body and effects ability to digest food, causes neuralgia - basically hell. Because of once a day dosing and savings coupon cost me $27/month but 330mg dose is equivalent 300mg and I need 350mg daily, minimum, so have to buy a 2nd dose out of pocket. Insurance charges twice more per pill (and by the pill not the dose) than without insurance. Bloody racket...”

CloudDot · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2019

For Neuropathic Pain: “Disabling occipital neuralgia, daily awful neck pain and headache for years. Tried a dozen treatments, ablation didn’t work. Lyrica definitely stopped all of the pain. Amazing! Required an appeal on the rejection for insurance coverage. But now trying to figure out how to manage the sedation and forgetfulness. On lowest CR dose, but it peaks at 8 am, so fogged in during morn. Peak level is 12 hours after taking it. Going to try taking it much earlier ((with food). Wish me luck.”

Big O · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: “I started taking Lyrica to help with neuropathy pain in my toes and feet. I formerly took Gabapentin but the results weren't very effective. After taking this drug, I became very short tempered, and lacked patience with people around me. I also felt "Strange". Sort of hard to describe, so I thought I would stop, and go back to Gabapentin. I think that the advertisers over sold this drug.”

New York Summers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2019

“I have taken Lyrica and switched to Lyrica CR—the controlled release formulation to take once daily—for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and social anxiety disorder (SAD) for 6 months. This has been the best therapeutic approach for my symptoms. I take tablets every night after dinner. I now sleep throughout the night, my mood has improved, and I am less fidgety. I take Pristiq 100 mg (desvenlafaxine) and Nuvigil 250 mg (armodafinil). I have been on Pristiq for about 2 years at 200 mg and am slowly tapering off now as a result of my recent successes.”

NARK · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2018

For Neuropathic Pain: “This junk is over-prescribed, over-advertised and overly interactive with many concurrently prescribed medications...for too many patients ”