User Reviews for Nucynta ER

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Nucynta ER.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
8.2

Pain
7.3

Summary of Nucynta ER reviews 7.8 64 reviews

Reviews for Nucynta ER

For Pain "Nucynta is a miracle drug for me. I have a condition that caused defects in almost every vertebrae, rib and more. I’ve been in severe pain all my life and tried almost every pain med on the market with little relief and horrible side effects. I’ve been on Nucynta for five years and nothing else comes close in terms of pain relief. Before Nucynta, I was in bed almost 24/7 and required help dressing, washing etc. Now I can do my own care, and I can go out on good days. The only side effects for me are increased heart rate and short term memory issues when the IR medication “peaks.” I have no GI issues, and I am alert and clearheaded. My dose is 150mg ER 2x a day, and 100mg IR 3x a day and it hasn’t changed in 3 years. I don’t build a tolerance like I did with other opioids. When I first started I got serotonin syndrome, so they took me off of all other seratonin drugs. I haven’t had any issues since, but it is a dangerous reaction so people should know the symptoms."

TinyValkyrie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2018

For Pain "Best prescription for my pain"

Safety Dan February 8, 2018

For Pain "I love Nucynta ER. I take different pain meds for different kinds of pain. Nucynta was prescribed when I told my Doctor I couldn't stand my legs anymore. My legs felt like huge, heavy, painful, petrified stumps. I couldn't sleep and other pain meds didn't touch the pain in my legs. Nucynta takes this pain away. And when the pharmacy couldn't get the medication for a week.....there were NO withdrawal problems.....except the leg pain came back. This year I am afraid - as no one is covering Nucynta ER. I chose a Part D plan that showed online Nucynta ER was covered. But now they are saying it's not in their new paper formulary. Back to the search....and back to LEG PAIN."

SASS942 January 27, 2018

For Pain "No side effects. Helps control the fibro pain."

fibrochristian (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Pain "Works very well once you get off of all other"opioids""

HJ9876 December 26, 2017

For Pain "The first dose made me somewhat woozy. However, the next 3-4 was like taking aspirin. USELESS! I am sure that this drug causes diarrhea! Also yesterday morning I had body aches which felt like I had the FLU! It is common to most opioid users to suffer with constipation; however, I take MIRALAX every other day to avoid this problem."

Willcan1953 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

For Pain "I have been taking nucynta ER 200mg for about two months I still get breakthrough pain but it sure helps me too get some sleep at night. I felt that I got more pain relief when I first starting taking it so now I take endocet 10/325 mg 3x a day and 1 nucynta er 200mg at bed time. I am still experiencing pain I get relief from my endocet I find it last longer then the nucynta ER 200mg. I think my Doctor might have to increase the nucynta when I see him again next as I am not getting the same relief from the nucynta ER as I was in the beginning. I am tired of being in pain I have been in pain for at least 10 Years no one knew I have two herniated discs in my upper back I also have free floating fragments in my spine and I have two pinched nerves"

Miguelina November 16, 2017

For Pain "I have Synovitis/tenosynovitis , which is a severe, rare bacterial infection in my hand. I had three operations, almost lost my hand, and it was gutted like a perch. Because of the types of antibiotics I had and still have to take no opioids worked at all. Oxy, Norco, Percacet nothing. Finally my pain doc came upon Nucynta. I started out taking four 100mg fast acting and 400mg of the ER. I'm now, after almost a year, down to 200mg ER and 225 mg of fast acting. I can't say the ER does anything at all but the regular was a home run. It's a weird high, can be hard to walk and talk, but stay in one place and be quiet. it really helps with the pain."

coach36 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2017

For Pain "Have been taking Nucynta ER for nearly four years. Have degenerative disc disease and the remnants of 7 torn discs in mid-thoracic to lumbar and a cervical bulging disc. Have an old compression fracture in thoracic all caused by a 2009 accident, the torn discs are now practically non-existent and near bone to bone at several levels. Nucynta has changed my life. After taking Norcos and Roxy and others, do to no insurance at beginning, landed on Methadone as it was affordable. 3 years with Nucynta now, using nothing for breakthrough, would rather deal with little pain than be on more than have to. Can think, am back to work and providing for my family! It doesn’t fix everything, but has literally changed my life!"

MnstrGln (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I was diagnosed with advanced fibromyalgia about 3 years ago. My doctor has been monitoring my my condition and it has worsen over the years. I am now considered advanced to severe and my doctor decided to try this and see if it would help my symptoms. Nucynta ER 200 mg has done wonders and given me new life. The down side is that local pharmacies don't stock it or want to carry on their shelves regularly because of cost and with my insurance not allowing me to order refills until I am only days away from running out. Also, their suppliers only deliver once a week and the pharmacy needs to know 2 days in advance to get it that week or you end up having to wait til next week and you start going through withdrawals and depending on meds....."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

For Pain "just doesn't seem to help"

Anonymous October 15, 2017

For Pain "Good pain med took a few days to get use to it. I'm on the max dose 600mg/ day. I got quite dizzy at first trying to figure out when to take my break through meds. Very little highs and lows for me that is important not like the Percocets I used to take."

Upstar August 28, 2017

For Pain "I have chronic idiopathic pancreatitis, allodynia, gastroparesis & tarsal tunnel syndrome. I was also, just recently tested for Lupus. I was taking Norco (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for a year until my new doc realized it was making my GI issues worse. We switched to Nucynta ER 150mg/BID & Nucynta IR 75mg for breakthrough. While they worked the first few months, I seem to be building a tolerance. I feel like the ER takes the edge off when my pain is between 4-5. But, both IR & ER cause EXCESSIVE sweating. I mean, there are days I have to change clothes multiple times daily. It's embarrassing. But, the Nucynta does not have any of the GI side effects (constipation namely) that other narcotics do."

RubyRedRN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2017

For Pain "I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath "

T-tot (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Nucynta is specifically targeted at chronic nerve pain, esp. diabetic neuropathic pain. Nucynta ER provides me with all day & night relief better than the hydrocodene taken previously. After 4 months on this drug I have not experienced any significant side effects."

Wideload March 5, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Unexpectedly found this page, and read other responses to see others experience with Nucynta. I have been on various doses ranging from 600mg per day (all 100's) to currently taking two 100 extended release tablets per day. My experience has lasted six years now. From the very start I loved it because it was effective for my neuropathy. The big bonus was that after a while, say month or two, I was completely confident in my ability to concentrate and do my very detailed work. Now that said, while on the max dose of 600mg I would definitely feel the effects every time I dropped a 100mg. This was the beginning. As the dose went down, the ability to concentrate got better and better. my biggest problem was finding a drug store that kept in stock."

Lsu lexus January 28, 2017

For Pain "Since 2002, when I had a terrible car accident....Durango hit my Civic, while I was 1st at a stoplight, (stopped), at 50 mph. Been thru 3 cervical fusions from the best docs in the USA, 2nd surgery was a failed fusion. Third surgery in 2013, I now have 7 levels fused, from C2-T1, and a recent lumbar fusion from L3-L5. I am bionic, except for the agonizing pain I've endured for YEARS! Finally on disability, both b/c of spine, severe poly-neuropathy, and severe fibro all over. Nucynta is a HUGE blessing! No foggy head and dwindling down on Norco intake! I feel ALIVE! 200 mg ER x 2/day and down to 4 Norcos for breakthru. It IS A GOD SEND! I can once again be productive, happy and damn nearly pain free. I am blessed! No, it doesnt give you a hi"

Suz1133 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

For Pain "My anesthesiologist prescribed be Belbica for the RSD. No relief and a migraine to boot. So about two weeks ago he switched me to Nucynta ER 100 bid with a max of 4 Norco 7.5/325 for breakthrough pain daily. I am waiting for the intrathecal pain pump. My insurance company denied the procedure saying they needed more info so now they are going to have a "peer to peer" TODAY with the spinal surgeon. I am tired of all the different medications, the side effects and feeling like a lab tab. Have maxed out the lumbar punctures too as minimal relief was achieved. I am fortunate to have a fantastic anesthesiologist (pain mgmt) who genuinely cares about ME and the situation I am in. Nucynta seems to give little relief. Will take any I can get"

DoubleRSD (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

For Pain "I have 4 slipped discs and a self fusing spine and I'm only 36. I have terrible OA in my spine that's hereditary. I failed epidural injections. The nerve pain kept me in bed crying most days and I couldn't be a wife or mom. I started on Norco, then moved to Ocycodone. They added neurontin and nothing took care of the burning shooting pain that was at the base of my skull and down my left arm. I got interminent relief for one year. I changed doctors and they put me on Nucynta ER 250mg once a day! I can honestly say I am pain free. I only take this and an anti inflammatory. I will say the consistent side effect is Nausea Vomiting and no appetite. I don't mind it as I'm finally pain free and I just eat small meals!"

Lulumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

For Pain "I took it for three 1/2 weeks it gives some pain relief. 200 MG per day. I prefer the hydrocodon. It made me very tired after 6 8 hours, and effected my vision some when reading close. Probably good for some if you don't travel much and can just stay home."

James more November 30, 2016

For Pain "This medicine made me dizzy and didn't help me with the pain at all...I was vomiting after about six hours....is nothing like I'm use too... There is something in this medicine that's isn't good and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Angel west (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

For Pain "I have herniated disc and arachnoiditis, degenerative arthritis in upper spine and left hip. I have had three meniscus repairs and the replacement of my left knee. I need the right knee replaced when possible. I have also had a disc fused in my neck. I am on nucynta er 50mg twice a day, percocet 7.5mg 5 times daily, plus soma. I am still suffering a lot of pain in the 8 - 9 range most of the time. I get very little sleep because of the pain and burning. The Nucynta ER helps but need something better then the percocet...I hate the feeling it causes. I am waiting (jumping through hoops) for the insurance to approve a nerve stimulator implant and praying it will give me at least 50% relief. I have not tried the Nucynta IR, will ask dr."

MS Caretaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Does not last a full 12 hours. Pain comes back about 7 to 8 hours after taking Nucynta ER."

Sissyann52 August 27, 2016

For Pain "Works well to control my pain. I have been on fentanyl for 8 years. Converting to this drug has many good results. There are however many side effects but I hope to control some by tolerance until drug is completely in system"

Keith esson August 25, 2016

For Pain "I have OA in my knees and muscular joint pain. I took Oxycodone for several years. I have a T11/12 herniation and 2 lumber bulges. The spinal issues cause my feet to burn after lying in bed for a couple hours which lead to many sleepless nights. I was prescribed Gabapentin. It was 90% efficient in blocking the neuropathy but caused horrible cognitive side effects. I asked the doctor to let me try Nucynta. Not only did it work better than the oxy on my OA and such, it was nearly as effective as the gabapentin for nerve pain. I take Nucynta ER 50 twice daily and Nucynta IR 50 once daily if needed. The Nucynta causes no euphoria as with the oxycodone. I sleep 8 hours a night and no burning sensation in my feet."

Faithinmymeds August 20, 2016