User Reviews for Nucynta ER

Learn more about Nucynta ER.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 7 reviews 40 medications

Pain 43 reviews 1105 medications

7.5
Summary of Nucynta ER reviews 50 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Nucynta ER

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Nucynta is specifically targeted at chronic nerve pain, esp. diabetic neuropathic pain. Nucynta ER provides me with all day & night relief better than the hydrocodene taken previously. After 4 months on this drug I have not experienced any significant side effects."

Wideload March 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Unexpectedly found this page, and read other responses to see others experience with Nucynta. I have been on various doses ranging from 600mg per day (all 100's) to currently taking two 100 extended release tablets per day. My experience has lasted six years now. From the very start I loved it because it was effective for my neuropathy. The big bonus was that after a while, say month or two, I was completely confident in my ability to concentrate and do my very detailed work. Now that said, while on the max dose of 600mg I would definitely feel the effects every time I dropped a 100mg. This was the beginning. As the dose went down, the ability to concentrate got better and better. my biggest problem was finding a drug store that kept in stock."

Lsu lexus January 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Since 2002, when I had a terrible car accident....Durango hit my Civic, while I was 1st at a stoplight, (stopped), at 50 mph. Been thru 3 cervical fusions from the best docs in the USA, 2nd surgery was a failed fusion. Third surgery in 2013, I now have 7 levels fused, from C2-T1, and a recent lumbar fusion from L3-L5. I am bionic, except for the agonizing pain I've endured for YEARS! Finally on disability, both b/c of spine, severe poly-neuropathy, and severe fibro all over. Nucynta is a HUGE blessing! No foggy head and dwindling down on Norco intake! I feel ALIVE! 200 mg ER x 2/day and down to 4 Norcos for breakthru. It IS A GOD SEND! I can once again be productive, happy and damn nearly pain free. I am blessed! No, it doesnt give you a hi"

Suz1133 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "My anesthesiologist prescribed be Belbica for the RSD. No relief and a migraine to boot. So about two weeks ago he switched me to Nucynta ER 100 bid with a max of 4 Norco 7.5/325 for breakthrough pain daily. I am waiting for the intrathecal pain pump. My insurance company denied the procedure saying they needed more info so now they are going to have a "peer to peer" TODAY with the spinal surgeon. I am tired of all the different medications, the side effects and feeling like a lab tab. Have maxed out the lumbar punctures too as minimal relief was achieved. I am fortunate to have a fantastic anesthesiologist (pain mgmt) who genuinely cares about ME and the situation I am in. Nucynta seems to give little relief. Will take any I can get"

DoubleRSD (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have 4 slipped discs and a self fusing spine and I'm only 36. I have terrible OA in my spine that's hereditary. I failed epidural injections. The nerve pain kept me in bed crying most days and I couldn't be a wife or mom. I started on Norco, then moved to Ocycodone. They added neurontin and nothing took care of the burning shooting pain that was at the base of my skull and down my left arm. I got interminent relief for one year. I changed doctors and they put me on Nucynta ER 250mg once a day! I can honestly say I am pain free. I only take this and an anti inflammatory. I will say the consistent side effect is Nausea Vomiting and no appetite. I don't mind it as I'm finally pain free and I just eat small meals!"

Lulumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I took it for three 1/2 weeks it gives some pain relief. 200 MG per day. I prefer the hydrocodon. It made me very tired after 6 8 hours, and effected my vision some when reading close. Probably good for some if you don't travel much and can just stay home."

James more November 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "This medicine made me dizzy and didn't help me with the pain at all...I was vomiting after about six hours....is nothing like I'm use too... There is something in this medicine that's isn't good and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Angel west (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have herniated disc and arachnoiditis, degenerative arthritis in upper spine and left hip. I have had three meniscus repairs and the replacement of my left knee. I need the right knee replaced when possible. I have also had a disc fused in my neck. I am on nucynta er 50mg twice a day, percocet 7.5mg 5 times daily, plus soma. I am still suffering a lot of pain in the 8 - 9 range most of the time. I get very little sleep because of the pain and burning. The Nucynta ER helps but need something better then the percocet...I hate the feeling it causes. I am waiting (jumping through hoops) for the insurance to approve a nerve stimulator implant and praying it will give me at least 50% relief. I have not tried the Nucynta IR, will ask dr."

MS Caretaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Does not last a full 12 hours. Pain comes back about 7 to 8 hours after taking Nucynta ER."

Sissyann52 August 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Works well to control my pain. I have been on fentanyl for 8 years. Converting to this drug has many good results. There are however many side effects but I hope to control some by tolerance until drug is completely in system"

Keith esson August 25, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have OA in my knees and muscular joint pain. I took Oxycodone for several years. I have a T11/12 herniation and 2 lumber bulges. The spinal issues cause my feet to burn after lying in bed for a couple hours which lead to many sleepless nights. I was prescribed Gabapentin. It was 90% efficient in blocking the neuropathy but caused horrible cognitive side effects. I asked the doctor to let me try Nucynta. Not only did it work better than the oxy on my OA and such, it was nearly as effective as the gabapentin for nerve pain. I take Nucynta ER 50 twice daily and Nucynta IR 50 once daily if needed. The Nucynta causes no euphoria as with the oxycodone. I sleep 8 hours a night and no burning sensation in my feet."

Faithinmymeds August 20, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Saw pain Doc went over all my test, MRI results and did an exam. Should have known he was a Nucynta ER pusher by all the posters in the office. Started me off at 150 mg x2 a day , and in the beginning it seem to work alone with Dilaudid fir BT pain. Saw the Doc 2 days before surgery and 3 months on Nucynta ER I told him it wasn't really working for me he said well let's UP your dose to 200 mg 2x a day. I had surgery no issues. Until I started back on the Nucynta ER. I had hallucinations, loss of memory and violent rage. I don't remember the last two days I was taking the medication. I ended up in the ER 3 days after spine surgery cause I went into a fit of rage. Pain Doc was called he said it was the Nucynta and to stop taking it. Bad drug"

Ace261 August 13, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "My step dad was using this Medication for less than two weeks before the pill itself killed him, proof is in the death certificate. He was not abusing either. He complained from day one of taking it of many side affects. Sleeplessness dizziness trouble urinating hallucinations still felt pain couldn't stand without falling etc,. He asked his doctor to be off the pill and they told him to wait until they see him the following Month. Also fault in there practice too."

Italianhunni July 22, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I suffered a compression fracture at L2, and I have had a failed posterior lumbar interbody fusion at L4 five and L5 S one. I am disabled and only want a life that is worth living. My New pain management physician started me early this week on Nucynta ER 100 mg every 12 hours, and for break through pain to take oxycodone acetaminophen 10/325 four times daily. I'm not getting much relief from the Nucynta ER 100 mg. I am very disappointed. I will consult with my doctor to see what he feels I should do. I am so unhappy with our government, that is harassing people that are 10 times more educated than they are, on "proper prescribing behavior" for the treatment of chronic pain. This is a disgrace to the USA!"

Yanni999 June 18, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "This drug gave me bad reaction from the very first dose. My doctor thinks I had Serotonin Syndrome from taking this with an antidepressant. I got a fast heart rate, flushed face, restless, like taking some kind of stimulant. They cut my antidepressant dose in half which helped some but I still couldn't stand the side effects. Lots of nausea too. Pain relief was ok but not great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Mood swings 8-10x @day very bad to to the point checking out hit me 4-5 x @ day.NO THANKS keep it nucynta def not for me.?"

Bear5519 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Broke every bone in left foot crushed ! knee injuries left knee replaced last yr shoulder this yr it sucks getting old but nuycynta is a god sent miracle i wish ins would cover the regular not the time release i slept much better on regular for 2 yrs oh well rules"

Spanky fl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I've got very severe osteoarthritis on 100% of my spine. a ruptured disk at L2 that even the best Neurosurgeons told me they couldn't fix because of all the holes in my vertebrae from the osteoarthritis so fusion won't work either. So, I've been on 15mg of Roxicodone 4 times a day for the last 6 years. Today my Dr and I decided to try a combo of 2 drugs, Nucynta 100mg and Hysingla ER 60mg Haven't taken any Roxi today just to see if the Nucynta ER helps any, and it does but not as good as the Roxi. Having to wait on the Hysingla ER until Friday. I'll report back on this after I get those and use for a week,"

StevieJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have Chronic Lyme disease. I was on every pill too! My pain doc put me on 150 mg of Nucyenta ER 2x daily and 50 mg of Nycyenta IR. First time in a long time that I am pain free!!"

Lymiegreenie March 21, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I had 17 surgeries on hands,arms,elbows,and shoulders,11 on the right side the rest on left side, I have very chronic pain nerve damage on both hands elbows,arms and shoulders, I take 1 nucynta and 2 Roxicodone every 6 hour,the pain is about a 10 real bad and when I take this meds goes down to around 5 or 6,it helps a lot, I would recommend this, I'm disable it help me to function wish it would help more but doesn't have to much side effects, I've been taking them for a few years you get some nausea but take sofran for that, what I don't like is the government trying to tell us to cut down, I take 4 nucyntas and 6 Roxicodone a day,thats the most I can cut down to,because of my chronic pain,the people that are hurt are the ones that suffer."

steven1012 March 10, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "There has never been a medication that helped to alleviate my pain like Nucyenta ER."

Jscrdh83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "In 2012, I was in an accident. As a result, I have had 4 surg to my right wrist. I then developed bi-lateral epicondylitis, trigger finger, and myofascial pain syndrome. I have taken a variety of meds without relief. I wasn't able to participate in life or carryout routine tasks. My pain specialist prescribed Nucynta ER 50mg @ 1 tab twice a day (morning & evening. I was also prescribed Nucynta IR 50 mg @ 1-2 tabs up to 4 times per day. The Nucynta ER lowers my pain throughout the day. If I have housework, etc, I can take 1 to 2 Nucynta IR prior to starting the tasks. This gives me the extra relief I need to complete the work. If my pain spikes, I can also take the IR. Nucynta has given me my life back."

Pain no more November 20, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Take it for back pain as needed. 100mg dose. It works but it makes you tired. No pain. Some days I can't even get up cause of my back pain. Only problem is when I don't take it (I try not to use pain meds too much) I get really sick. Maybe its withdrawal. That part isn't fun. But after 3 days or so of not taking it, I'm back to normal"

Jamelt August 8, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Been on Nucynta for a while (3-4 years) for very bad neuropathy pain. Have taken it with Norco every 4 to 5 hours- has little to no side effects, within an hour after taking I can feel the pain go almost all away, can function great at work - no side effects to speak of, no problems falling a sleep, use "Kerasal NeuroCream" on hands and feet at night dulls pain enough for me to fall asleep."

Gregor R. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I fell off of a ladder at work and shattered my elbow and slicing my nerves. After 3 surgeries over a year period I was still in a lot of pain. After going through the norco dependence I was finally referred to a pain mgmt doc who first tried Opana to no avail. I was then put on an extended release Fentanyl patch which worked but did not last near long enough between doses. The doc then put me on Nucynta ER tritated up to 250mg x2/day and it has been a godsend. I keeps my pain at bay and doesn't get me high. I will say that it seems to only last 8-10 hours but I have norco to fill the gap. Very happy with Nucynta and I feel like I have my life back. Friends and family say that I am much better to be around as well. Good luck to you!"

Skuzy June 16, 2015