What does extended release (ER) mean?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 12, 2021.
Extended-release means the pill is formulated so that the drug is released slowly over time.
This has the advantage of taking pills less often. It also means that there may be fewer side-effects as the levels of the of drug in the body are more consistent in extended- release formulations.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does Xanax last for / stay in your system?
- Klonopin vs Xanax - How are they different?
- What is Farmapram called in the US?
- Ativan vs Xanax - What is the difference?
- Alprazolam Information for Consumers
- Alprazolam Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Alprazolam (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Alprazolam (100 questions, 513 members)