User Reviews for Nucynta ER

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Nucynta ER.

Nucynta ER Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1814 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Nucynta ER to treat Pain

"Best prescription for my pain"

Safety Dan February 8, 2018

"I love Nucynta ER. I take different pain meds for different kinds of pain. Nucynta was prescribed when I told my Doctor I couldn't stand my legs anymore. My legs felt like huge, heavy, painful, petrified stumps. I couldn't sleep and other pain meds didn't touch the pain in my legs. Nucynta takes this pain away. And when the pharmacy couldn't get the medication for a week.....there were NO withdrawal problems.....except the leg pain came back. This year I am afraid - as no one is covering Nucynta ER. I chose a Part D plan that showed online Nucynta ER was covered. But now they are saying it's not in their new paper formulary. Back to the search....and back to LEG PAIN."

SASS942 January 27, 2018

"No side effects. Helps control the fibro pain."

fibrochristian (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

"Works very well once you get off of all other"opioids""

HJ9876 December 26, 2017

"The first dose made me somewhat woozy. However, the next 3-4 was like taking aspirin. USELESS! I am sure that this drug causes diarrhea! Also yesterday morning I had body aches which felt like I had the FLU! It is common to most opioid users to suffer with constipation; however, I take MIRALAX every other day to avoid this problem."

Willcan1953 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

"I have been taking nucynta ER 200mg for about two months I still get breakthrough pain but it sure helps me too get some sleep at night. I felt that I got more pain relief when I first starting taking it so now I take endocet 10/325 mg 3x a day and 1 nucynta er 200mg at bed time. I am still experiencing pain I get relief from my endocet I find it last longer then the nucynta ER 200mg. I think my Doctor might have to increase the nucynta when I see him again next as I am not getting the same relief from the nucynta ER as I was in the beginning. I am tired of being in pain I have been in pain for at least 10 Years no one knew I have two herniated discs in my upper back I also have free floating fragments in my spine and I have two pinched nerves"

Miguelina November 16, 2017

"I have Synovitis/tenosynovitis , which is a severe, rare bacterial infection in my hand. I had three operations, almost lost my hand, and it was gutted like a perch. Because of the types of antibiotics I had and still have to take no opioids worked at all. Oxy, Norco, Percacet nothing. Finally my pain doc came upon Nucynta. I started out taking four 100mg fast acting and 400mg of the ER. I'm now, after almost a year, down to 200mg ER and 225 mg of fast acting. I can't say the ER does anything at all but the regular was a home run. It's a weird high, can be hard to walk and talk, but stay in one place and be quiet. it really helps with the pain."

coach36 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2017

"Have been taking Nucynta ER for nearly four years. Have degenerative disc disease and the remnants of 7 torn discs in mid-thoracic to lumbar and a cervical bulging disc. Have an old compression fracture in thoracic all caused by a 2009 accident, the torn discs are now practically non-existent and near bone to bone at several levels. Nucynta has changed my life. After taking Norcos and Roxy and others, do to no insurance at beginning, landed on Methadone as it was affordable. 3 years with Nucynta now, using nothing for breakthrough, would rather deal with little pain than be on more than have to. Can think, am back to work and providing for my family! It doesn’t fix everything, but has literally changed my life!"

MnstrGln (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

"just doesn't seem to help"

Anonymous October 15, 2017

"Good pain med took a few days to get use to it. I'm on the max dose 600mg/ day. I got quite dizzy at first trying to figure out when to take my break through meds. Very little highs and lows for me that is important not like the Percocets I used to take."

Upstar August 28, 2017

"I have chronic idiopathic pancreatitis, allodynia, gastroparesis & tarsal tunnel syndrome. I was also, just recently tested for Lupus. I was taking Norco (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for a year until my new doc realized it was making my GI issues worse. We switched to Nucynta ER 150mg/BID & Nucynta IR 75mg for breakthrough. While they worked the first few months, I seem to be building a tolerance. I feel like the ER takes the edge off when my pain is between 4-5. But, both IR & ER cause EXCESSIVE sweating. I mean, there are days I have to change clothes multiple times daily. It's embarrassing. But, the Nucynta does not have any of the GI side effects (constipation namely) that other narcotics do."

RubyRedRN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2017

"I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath "

T-tot (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

"Since 2002, when I had a terrible car accident....Durango hit my Civic, while I was 1st at a stoplight, (stopped), at 50 mph. Been thru 3 cervical fusions from the best docs in the USA, 2nd surgery was a failed fusion. Third surgery in 2013, I now have 7 levels fused, from C2-T1, and a recent lumbar fusion from L3-L5. I am bionic, except for the agonizing pain I've endured for YEARS! Finally on disability, both b/c of spine, severe poly-neuropathy, and severe fibro all over. Nucynta is a HUGE blessing! No foggy head and dwindling down on Norco intake! I feel ALIVE! 200 mg ER x 2/day and down to 4 Norcos for breakthru. It IS A GOD SEND! I can once again be productive, happy and damn nearly pain free. I am blessed! No, it doesnt give you a hi"

Suz1133 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

"My anesthesiologist prescribed be Belbica for the RSD. No relief and a migraine to boot. So about two weeks ago he switched me to Nucynta ER 100 bid with a max of 4 Norco 7.5/325 for breakthrough pain daily. I am waiting for the intrathecal pain pump. My insurance company denied the procedure saying they needed more info so now they are going to have a "peer to peer" TODAY with the spinal surgeon. I am tired of all the different medications, the side effects and feeling like a lab tab. Have maxed out the lumbar punctures too as minimal relief was achieved. I am fortunate to have a fantastic anesthesiologist (pain mgmt) who genuinely cares about ME and the situation I am in. Nucynta seems to give little relief. Will take any I can get"

DoubleRSD (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

"I have 4 slipped discs and a self fusing spine and I'm only 36. I have terrible OA in my spine that's hereditary. I failed epidural injections. The nerve pain kept me in bed crying most days and I couldn't be a wife or mom. I started on Norco, then moved to Ocycodone. They added neurontin and nothing took care of the burning shooting pain that was at the base of my skull and down my left arm. I got interminent relief for one year. I changed doctors and they put me on Nucynta ER 250mg once a day! I can honestly say I am pain free. I only take this and an anti inflammatory. I will say the consistent side effect is Nausea Vomiting and no appetite. I don't mind it as I'm finally pain free and I just eat small meals!"

Lulumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

"I took it for three 1/2 weeks it gives some pain relief. 200 MG per day. I prefer the hydrocodon. It made me very tired after 6 8 hours, and effected my vision some when reading close. Probably good for some if you don't travel much and can just stay home."

James more November 30, 2016

"This medicine made me dizzy and didn't help me with the pain at all...I was vomiting after about six hours....is nothing like I'm use too... There is something in this medicine that's isn't good and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Angel west (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

"I have herniated disc and arachnoiditis, degenerative arthritis in upper spine and left hip. I have had three meniscus repairs and the replacement of my left knee. I need the right knee replaced when possible. I have also had a disc fused in my neck. I am on nucynta er 50mg twice a day, percocet 7.5mg 5 times daily, plus soma. I am still suffering a lot of pain in the 8 - 9 range most of the time. I get very little sleep because of the pain and burning. The Nucynta ER helps but need something better then the percocet...I hate the feeling it causes. I am waiting (jumping through hoops) for the insurance to approve a nerve stimulator implant and praying it will give me at least 50% relief. I have not tried the Nucynta IR, will ask dr."

MS Caretaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

"Works well to control my pain. I have been on fentanyl for 8 years. Converting to this drug has many good results. There are however many side effects but I hope to control some by tolerance until drug is completely in system"

Keith esson August 25, 2016

"I have OA in my knees and muscular joint pain. I took Oxycodone for several years. I have a T11/12 herniation and 2 lumber bulges. The spinal issues cause my feet to burn after lying in bed for a couple hours which lead to many sleepless nights. I was prescribed Gabapentin. It was 90% efficient in blocking the neuropathy but caused horrible cognitive side effects. I asked the doctor to let me try Nucynta. Not only did it work better than the oxy on my OA and such, it was nearly as effective as the gabapentin for nerve pain. I take Nucynta ER 50 twice daily and Nucynta IR 50 once daily if needed. The Nucynta causes no euphoria as with the oxycodone. I sleep 8 hours a night and no burning sensation in my feet."

Faithinmymeds August 20, 2016

"Saw pain Doc went over all my test, MRI results and did an exam. Should have known he was a Nucynta ER pusher by all the posters in the office. Started me off at 150 mg x2 a day , and in the beginning it seem to work alone with Dilaudid fir BT pain. Saw the Doc 2 days before surgery and 3 months on Nucynta ER I told him it wasn't really working for me he said well let's UP your dose to 200 mg 2x a day. I had surgery no issues. Until I started back on the Nucynta ER. I had hallucinations, loss of memory and violent rage. I don't remember the last two days I was taking the medication. I ended up in the ER 3 days after spine surgery cause I went into a fit of rage. Pain Doc was called he said it was the Nucynta and to stop taking it. Bad drug"

Ace261 August 13, 2016

"I suffered a compression fracture at L2, and I have had a failed posterior lumbar interbody fusion at L4 five and L5 S one. I am disabled and only want a life that is worth living. My New pain management physician started me early this week on Nucynta ER 100 mg every 12 hours, and for break through pain to take oxycodone acetaminophen 10/325 four times daily. I'm not getting much relief from the Nucynta ER 100 mg. I am very disappointed. I will consult with my doctor to see what he feels I should do. I am so unhappy with our government, that is harassing people that are 10 times more educated than they are, on "proper prescribing behavior" for the treatment of chronic pain. This is a disgrace to the USA!"

Yanni999 June 18, 2016

"This drug gave me bad reaction from the very first dose. My doctor thinks I had Serotonin Syndrome from taking this with an antidepressant. I got a fast heart rate, flushed face, restless, like taking some kind of stimulant. They cut my antidepressant dose in half which helped some but I still couldn't stand the side effects. Lots of nausea too. Pain relief was ok but not great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

"Mood swings 8-10x @day very bad to to the point checking out hit me 4-5 x @ day.NO THANKS keep it nucynta def not for me.?"

Bear5519 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

"Broke every bone in left foot crushed ! knee injuries left knee replaced last yr shoulder this yr it sucks getting old but nuycynta is a god sent miracle i wish ins would cover the regular not the time release i slept much better on regular for 2 yrs oh well rules"

Spanky fl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2016