User Reviews for Nucynta ER to treat Pain

Nucynta ER Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Nucynta ER

L2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 5, 2020

“After having a benign brain tumor removed I began suffering from horrible headaches and seizures. I fell and fractured 5 ribs and collapsed my lung. That’s when I was diagnosed with cluster headaches. I have tried so many different medications and treatments, nerve blocks, infusions, ablation. My pain management doctor started me on Nucynta ER 250 2x daily and when I have break through pain I have 2- 50 mg I can take to manage the pain. It’s tolerable and I do not wake up in agony anymore. I also use Emgality a migraine medication monthly. The combination of medications are working better then anything else. The only thing I can say is this medication his the most expensive medication I have ever paid for. I wonder what people with no insurance would do.”

Johnny G · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 15, 2019

“I started on 50 mg of Nucynta with 4 of the 5/325 mg vicodin daily. I had Carpal Tunnel, Rotator cuff surgery and Neck surgery all related to work. My pain Dr upped my dosage to 1-100 mg Nucynta ER daily. Taking it with Vicodin during the day it seems to work ok. I get the sharp nerve pain on occassion from my neck into my arms at times. As a whole it works ok. Sometimes with chronic pain one has to search for what works best for that person. We are all different.”

Disabledjohn · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

“Just filled my first Nucynta 50mg X2! Have had experience with Opana , Oxycodone, Morphine and many more opiate type meds. I have CIPD with diabetic Neuropathy as well as chronic pain ! I initially am feeling some areas of pain go away! I’m going to wait longer to share updates , but am optimistic !”

Wambo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2019

“Multiple herniated discs, severe osteoarthritis in my spine and severe degenerative disc disease, my neck and lower back are the worse for me. I've tried percs, butrans 20mg patches and now nucynta 400 mgs a day. Been on it for 6 months now. Helps but certainly not a cure all! The breakthrough pain is awful and all I can take for it is arthritic acetaminophen, which does nothing . Don't miss the constipation, buzz or nausea of the other options. Biggest downside is it stops all ambition and drive!”

Lighty November 29, 2019

“Pain Clinic prescribed these to take in addition to Hydrocodone acetominophen 10/325. There is absolutely no relief to be had with these Nucynta, wish I could afford to actually have a capsule tested to see what all is NOT in them. I believe Excedrin or any OTC pain relief would be better, this med is a joke if you have chronic pain!!”

Marysmo February 23, 2019

“I have been on Nucynta ER since around 2013. Had a bad car accident in 2011 and the opiates alone were not enough. My lower back discs L2-S1 is bad along with my facet joints, spine and nerve damage in left leg and other issues. My Dr started me on 250 mg which helped. The pain was better and still stayed on my Hydrocodone 10mg 2-3x a day. After a couple years I felt I wanted to go off this drug. I did not like the foggy feeling . I went down to 150mg. It took my body 1 year to adjust to 200mg's a day! The first 2 weeks was horrible! this medicine will not make you 'high' like percosets or oxy's. It just made my body crawl and could not sleep. It gives me hot flashes, makes me tired and affects my memory. I am still on the 150 mg and searching for another opioid to replace it with. Just do not want to go on something that will give me the same side effects.”

Bec · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2019

“This medicine has been such a blessing for me. Felt as if my quality of life was completely lost from chronic pain. Multiple spinal issues and 3 surgeries later I was left with terrible neuropathy and pain all down my right side. This did the trick. Now I have my life back!”

PES · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2018

“I have had multiple different surgeries, and live with chronic pain. I've been taking three Percocet 5-325 MG per day. The pain control, would only last for around 3-5 hours. The constipation that comes along with the above med, were unreal. I then ended up forming stage three hemorrhoids, and had to have a Hemorrhoidectomy, which was the worst! The pain medicine also made my depression worse, which I did not need! My pain clinic doctor, recommend Nucynta ER 50 MG, every twelve hours. There were two benefits, in taking Nucynta ER 50 MG: first, it was around the clock, pain control; and secondly, it eliminated my hard stool, and constipation. It was increased to 100 MG because of my pain levels. I was still dealing with breakthrough pain, and was given Oxycodone 5 MG, but once again, it caused more depression, and constipation, immediately! I’m going to have to stop taking the oxycodone, and talk to my pain clinic doctor about increasing my dosage of nucynta to 150 MG x 2 per day.”

tired of it · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2018

“Just started taking this, was on Oxycodone 10/325 4 times a day, was willing to give it a shot. Its horrible. I keep wanting to throw up all day long, it feels like I am going thru withdrawals, foggy as heck, missing work. Never had these issues before. They are making the opioid issue so bad that people who really need the pain meds are having to take things like this. I have had 4 neck surgeries so far, the pain is ridiculous. before I found the Oxy I was barely able to move around, once I got on that regiment I was able to work everyday, function like normal, now I'm back to just feeling sick every day, foggy as heck, not wanting to do anything, just cry. This sucks.”

larabe · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 26, 2018

“After several ER drugs for pain that I have been prescribed, this has been the most effective with NO side effects.”

Dani4 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2018

“I have been on pain meds for 8 years due to multiple problems, as well as 2 auto immune diseases. I swear some of y’all gotta be paid reps for this drug-Nucynta-cause your so-called “experiences” of amazingness is the exact complete opposite of what I have endured while on this BOGUS medicine. Either that, or y’all had been on Aleve or Motrin for pain, and your doc prescribed the Nucynta and it’s now a wonder drug for you “compared to an OTC pain med.” cause this junk is just that-a placebo that does NOT help anyone with legit pain, who also has a “tolerance” to narcotic pain meds. There is absolutely no possible way this med is helping anyone except the pharmacy reps, doctors, and Big Pharma companies that are actually pushing this rubbish on legit pain patients. Y’all have lost your minds. You’ve been warned. It’s horrible. For pain relief I give it ZERO stars out of 5.”

Niecy · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2018

“Was on Opana ER 20mg twice a day with oxy 5mg 1-3 times a day. Was doing well, not using the IR very much. Pain clinic Doctor no longer issuing prescriptions for Opana. I was put on Nucynta 100mg twice a day in place of Opana. The last five days have been very difficult. I can't sleep, literally. I have zero appetite and have to force myself to eat some crackers and cheese. The medication wears off after 8-9 hours with strong withdrawal symptoms. So I have to take break through Meds just to calm the withdrawal. My hands shake and I feel so weird. Like depression. I can't take this medication any longer. I believe our bodies all react differently to medications and for me, this is not a good fit.”

TinyValkyrie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2018

“Nucynta is a miracle drug for me. I have a condition that caused defects in almost every vertebrae, rib and more. I’ve been in severe pain all my life and tried almost every pain med on the market with little relief and horrible side effects. I’ve been on Nucynta for five years and nothing else comes close in terms of pain relief. Before Nucynta, I was in bed almost 24/7 and required help dressing, washing etc. Now I can do my own care, and I can go out on good days. The only side effects for me are increased heart rate and short term memory issues when the IR medication “peaks.” I have no GI issues, and I am alert and clearheaded. My dose is 150mg ER 2x a day, and 100mg IR 3x a day and it hasn’t changed in 3 years. I don’t build a tolerance like I did with other opioids. When I first started I got serotonin syndrome, so they took me off of all other seratonin drugs. I haven’t had any issues since, but it is a dangerous reaction so people should know the symptoms.”

Safety Dan February 8, 2018

“Best prescription for my pain”

SASS942 January 27, 2018

“I love Nucynta ER. I take different pain meds for different kinds of pain. Nucynta was prescribed when I told my Doctor I couldn't stand my legs anymore. My legs felt like huge, heavy, painful, petrified stumps. I couldn't sleep and other pain meds didn't touch the pain in my legs. Nucynta takes this pain away. And when the pharmacy couldn't get the medication for a week.....there were NO withdrawal problems.....except the leg pain came back. This year I am afraid - as no one is covering Nucynta ER. I chose a Part D plan that showed online Nucynta ER was covered. But now they are saying it's not in their new paper formulary. Back to the search....and back to LEG PAIN.”

fibrochristian · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2018

“No side effects. Helps control the fibro pain.”

HJ9876 December 26, 2017

“Works very well once you get off of all other"opioids"”

Willcan1953 · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2017

“The first dose made me somewhat woozy. However, the next 3-4 was like taking aspirin. USELESS! I am sure that this drug causes diarrhea! Also yesterday morning I had body aches which felt like I had the FLU! It is common to most opioid users to suffer with constipation; however, I take MIRALAX every other day to avoid this problem.”

Miguelina November 16, 2017

“I have been taking nucynta ER 200mg for about two months I still get breakthrough pain but it sure helps me too get some sleep at night. I felt that I got more pain relief when I first starting taking it so now I take endocet 10/325 mg 3x a day and 1 nucynta er 200mg at bed time. I am still experiencing pain I get relief from my endocet I find it last longer then the nucynta ER 200mg. I think my Doctor might have to increase the nucynta when I see him again next as I am not getting the same relief from the nucynta ER as I was in the beginning. I am tired of being in pain I have been in pain for at least 10 Years no one knew I have two herniated discs in my upper back I also have free floating fragments in my spine and I have two pinched nerves”

coach36 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 10, 2017

“I have Synovitis/tenosynovitis , which is a severe, rare bacterial infection in my hand. I had three operations, almost lost my hand, and it was gutted like a perch. Because of the types of antibiotics I had and still have to take no opioids worked at all. Oxy, Norco, Percacet nothing. Finally my pain doc came upon Nucynta. I started out taking four 100mg fast acting and 400mg of the ER. I'm now, after almost a year, down to 200mg ER and 225 mg of fast acting. I can't say the ER does anything at all but the regular was a home run. It's a weird high, can be hard to walk and talk, but stay in one place and be quiet. it really helps with the pain.”

MnstrGln · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2017

“Have been taking Nucynta ER for nearly four years. Have degenerative disc disease and the remnants of 7 torn discs in mid-thoracic to lumbar and a cervical bulging disc. Have an old compression fracture in thoracic all caused by a 2009 accident, the torn discs are now practically non-existent and near bone to bone at several levels. Nucynta has changed my life. After taking Norcos and Roxy and others, do to no insurance at beginning, landed on Methadone as it was affordable. 3 years with Nucynta now, using nothing for breakthrough, would rather deal with little pain than be on more than have to. Can think, am back to work and providing for my family! It doesn’t fix everything, but has literally changed my life!”

Anonymous October 15, 2017

“just doesn't seem to help”

Upstar August 28, 2017

“Good pain med took a few days to get use to it. I'm on the max dose 600mg/ day. I got quite dizzy at first trying to figure out when to take my break through meds. Very little highs and lows for me that is important not like the Percocets I used to take.”

RubyRedRN · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2017

“I have chronic idiopathic pancreatitis, allodynia, gastroparesis & tarsal tunnel syndrome. I was also, just recently tested for Lupus. I was taking Norco (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for a year until my new doc realized it was making my GI issues worse. We switched to Nucynta ER 150mg/BID & Nucynta IR 75mg for breakthrough. While they worked the first few months, I seem to be building a tolerance. I feel like the ER takes the edge off when my pain is between 4-5. But, both IR & ER cause EXCESSIVE sweating. I mean, there are days I have to change clothes multiple times daily. It's embarrassing. But, the Nucynta does not have any of the GI side effects (constipation namely) that other narcotics do.”

T-tot · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2017

“I've been on hydrocodone or Norco for about 10 years 3x's a day. I've had S5 and L1 ( I think that is how it goes) maybe the L and the S are in the wrong place. Anyway the two disc at the very bottom of your back. For 2 years as of this past Christmas Eve I was suppose to have the next 2 up replaced. I asked my pain doctor for 1 more Norco a day. Instead he puts me on Nucynta 50mg. Not working after 1 1/2 years so now I get put on 150 ER 2x day and 50 mg in between. All I do is hurt like hell and sleep all the time. I have fallen asleep in the bath ”