User Reviews for Lyrica

Learn more about Lyrica.

Lyrica Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Lyrica to treat Fibromyalgia

"I started with the trial way back in 05/06 and what a difference it made in my life. I lived with that muscle pain for 45 years and tried numerous medications with no lasting relief. When I seen the ad for the trial with a Dr I had nothing to lose but 9 different kinds of drugs and their side affects. Although I was at the top of the dosage after 18 months I was pain free for the first time in over ten years with no side affects. Even though we have added low dosage pain medications back in over the years, mainly during the winter, I'm still at a tolerable level with Lyrica. I have recommended this medication to people with explainable nerve pain many times."

Jnebg1 (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2016

"Lyrica is great at taking away my pain due to fibromyalgia. However, the side effects from the medication and from detoxing are not worth it! I am 25 and took Lyrica for at least 6 years. I experienced severe brain fog, difficulty breathing, cognitive difficulties n others while on this medication. I thought they were all due to my conditions, but after truly reflecting on my journey Lyrica surely hurt me more than it helped me. I have been off of the medication for about 3 weeks now. I did some research and learned that my detox period would be both difficult and long because 1, I took the medication for several years, I took a high dosage andi stopped the medicatiod cold turkey. It's getting easier for sure. The creator on my side!"

Mekelani (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 1, 2016

"I will start off by saying it did cause weight gain. My clothes fit the same but the number on the scale went up about 7-10 pounds depending on the day. I cannot say this is solely because the drug- I think I can safely say that this is because my pain has improved so drastically that I have appetite again. I can keep the weight off if I really want to, but I am not overweight and I am content with my appetite finally being back after years of struggles that I don't think it's a problem. Regardless, I have been on lyrica for almost a year now. It has drastically improved my nerve pain, joint stiffness and swelling (along with a gallon of water a day), appetite, energy, and sleep. I am not pain free but no fibromyalgia patient truly ever is pain free but my pain has gone from an average of 8-9 down to a 4-5 on my good days. My flare ups are far less frequent and I only experience them once every two or so months which is a huge improvement over every other week. The length of the flare ups is also shortened from 3-5 days down to 2 days maximum. At the beginning of taking the medicine I was slightly drowsy but nothing dangerous. I only take it once a day and I am trying to keep it that way to avoid moving up to 2 doses a day. Lyrica is my miracle drug and has definitely given me my life back. My biggest complaint is the cost and insurance but it could be worse. It costs me $2 a day to feel normal again."

lauren165 August 24, 2016

"I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year. My old doctor prescribed me Cymbalta and it didn't work. I was off from work for 2 months because of the pain. All I did was layed in bed suffering. Seemed like I would never have my normal life back. I went to another doctor and he prescribed me Lyrica it lessened the pain within a day or two. Now I have some of my life back. I still have a little pain but Lyrica has helped me and changed my life."

Litalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

"Lyrica was my miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 5 years and have tried everything. Anti depressants, exercise, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica. But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, blurry vision, bad judgement which causes accidents to my fingers and toes I have recently had difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. She said stop daytime and only take at bedtime. every other night till I ween off. My quality of life has worsened. I have started Chondroiden, MSM powder and ALpha Lipoid"

ccrichwine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

"I was diagnosed with FM 3 years ago. Tried gabapentin, Cymbalta, muscle relaxers and opiates. Doc finally had me gave me lyrica (after I had to try everything else first) ams at first, it worked. I did feel "high" but that slowly went away. After approx. 2 weeks of 75mg a day, I had horrible side effects..feeling depressed, like people were talking about me or didnt like me, had no memory or wasn't able to concentrate but what finally got me to stop was I had thoughts of driving my car off of a hill that i drive down daily. I may suffer from pain so intensely that I cry all the time, can't leave my home at times or feel blue because of it, but I had never thought of taking my own life. I stopped immediately despite my docs orders."

Anonymous July 29, 2016

"I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

"I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

"Lyrica has done a great job on my Fibro pain, but I am trying to get off it primarily due to side effects. It has caused mymetabolism to slow down so I can't lose weight, chronic constipation, and terrible gas. I can't go around anymore farting everywhere I go. I'll live with the Fibro pain."

TMarie38 June 4, 2016

"Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

"I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 18 years ago. I stopped working a few years after due to the pain. I tried many medications so I could have some quality of life with my husband and 2 children. I spent most of my time in bed or on the couch because the pain was so debilitating. I was taking Ultram and Zanex but these just didn't take away the pain and then my doctor started me on Lyrica. I started feeling like a new person because slowly the pain started to decrease. The only side effect which could also be part of Fibromyalgia is with speech. I have trouble sometimes finding the words I want to say. I now take 75 mg 3 times per day and have been taking it for over 10 years. I'm so grateful to have my life back."

Catluver62-10 May 10, 2016

"I was on Lyrica for a year. Then my insurance decided hey we aren't paying for this anymore and I had to stop. And it was a just stop completely not a wean off of it. Started on. Gabapentin 800 3x a day. Has done Nothing for me. I am miserable. If you need help paying for it go to there website and they will actually pay for the medication for you. For a year then you just reapply. I will be getting mine back finally this week. And I can't wait to get back on it so I can actually be a mom and a wife again. Without laying in bed all day suffering."

Craftygirlz2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

"This is poison, destroyed my life, horrible side effects and made my pain so much worse. Detoxing is a living hell and makes coming off narcotics a walk in the park. It's horrible and should be taken off the market."

Pissed off and disgusted (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

"This didn't really change the pain levels but what it did do was make me gain weight substantially. This lead to me getting depressed which made the fibro flare up again. I stopped taking it."

Crikeyjosue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

"For those of you having trouble paying for lyrica, my doctor recommended I use the prescription card they offer on their website. . Hope this helps!"

DiscountW123 January 26, 2016

"I started taking Lyrica about 8 months ago. In about 3 days I had felt a significant change. It was working great for my Fibro, but I also have spinal arthritis. It did nothing for that or my sciatica. Finally I was bumped up to high dose, but do to other things in life I had to stop because of financial difficulties. I couldn't even afford copays. So I'm on gabapentin and it barely works. If I could, I would get back on Lyrica! Thank you all for sharing your experiences!"

Alicat78 January 10, 2016

"I have been on Lyrica for around a year now, I take 300mg twice a day, initially this was a wonder drug that helped immensely with my pain, I couldn't stay awake for first few weeks but since getting used to it I've been fine. The massive downside for me is that it's affects have weaned dramatically and I once again find myself in pain, being a single parent to 4 children and working full time is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm not sure I can continue working."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2016

"Lyrica is a scheme why patent a medicine that loved ones need whether they can or cannot afford it. To but a ban on generic forms shows that they do not care for the well being, they just care how much money they can bulk up. I do not support lyrica. Gabapentin does the job and won't kill your organs with the "potency". It's sad they have no care for your health just want to gain wealth off your illness. "

Lyrica101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

"Instant joint pain gone....anxiety gone....only been 1 week...hopeful it lasts...so far it's a miracle for me..I'm also on cymbalta and klonipin"

Gregnetto December 5, 2015

"I have been in pain for years and started Lyrica. I cannot believe the difference. It is shocking. My pain is so much better. My bladder spasms are gone. I sleep so well. Wake up in the morning without hurting my back and ribs to breath. My chronic diarrhea is gone too. The only thing I have noticed on the negative side is I am super hungry, which doesn't surprise me. Overall, loving it and praying it continues to work. No side affects other than being hungry:)"

ChrisMiche November 22, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for years and have regular flare ups. The nerve pain in my jaw and neck was horrific. I found even oxynorm and Tramil was not able to control the pain. This drug has changed my life dramatically.... I feel almost normal again and able to cope with my symptoms. I am on the lowest dose of 25mg. 2 times per day and combined with 10mg. of Endep I can now get a good nights sleep and no nerve pain. I have been advised to stay on this dosage for at least 3 months and then cut down to one per day and eventually cease taking it. As I am very sensitive to drugs I was surprised that I have had no side effects. Thanks for giving my life back..... I don't know how I would have survived without it?"

Happy Chappy. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

"My ankles and hands swelled up so badly while on Lyrica. I also had a bad cough. I gained 15 pounds on it, this all resolved after it was tot rated down."

KAYCEEBEE October 22, 2015

"History of aches fatigue 10 yrs. mostly in early morning . I started taking lyrica 50 mg just one week ago at 50 mg twice a day. Very Slight dizziness with first pill however 90 percent better within couple days . no more morning profound aches. More energy. Maybe a little too much energy. Going to try just an early morning low dose 50 mg. over all I am very pleased."

Achee man (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

"I've found that Lyrica does help though it did take a while for me to get used to it as initially I was very affected and sounded like I'd been drinking when I took it! I only take it at night now though I still have to be careful not to take too much or take it too late in the evening or I'm a bit slow and sleepy the next day. My doctor tried me first on Cymbalta ( spelling?) but the constipation was horrific with that for me. Overall my pain has diminished with Lyrica and I'm happy to be on it."

MsBinoz (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2015

"I've had Fibromyalgia for ten years now, along with other health problems and up until a week ago I was using Flexerel and Cataflam to help with the pain and discomfort. Until last week, I was under a lot of stress at work, mind you I teach infants and toddlers up to age 3, and I woke up one morning in pain. Pain over my entire body. Pain I have never felt before. I felt like I had a supped up version of the Flu. I went to work in tears and left in tears and headed straight to my doctor. I began Lyrica that day and I was pretty out of it the first night and especially the next day when I took the next dose. I slept most of the first day and the second day I was a little dizzy headed and off balance. So far Lyrica is working well"

Anonymous October 4, 2015