User Reviews for Lyrica

Lyrica Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Lyrica to treat Fibromyalgia

"Just started lyrica yesterday for my bad Fibromyalgia. I feel fine, except I feel "wired".. tons of energy. I still hurt of course but have to be careful not to over-do it moving around! Will see how I feel after being on it a week... but so far so good!"

Denise_M (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"It is very helpful, but does wear off and I am also gaining weight on it. Before taking Lyrica I took gabapentin, which I gained a lot of weight on."

Jac (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2018

"I have found in doses that were too high I had really depressive thoughts and extreme emotions, shaking, difficulty sleeping . Then when coming off of the medication cold due to the expensive price without insurance. I found difficulties sleeping, emotional extremes, very depressed. Not being on the medication I was in unbearable pain. This medication should be gradually increased after the withdrawal phase of about 1 week it should be taken as prescribed you should not miss doses or take too much of the medicine. I would recommend this medication to responsible adults that consult any and all issues to their prescriber. I found a $25 coupon online that I used at CVS pharmacy"

T S April 27, 2018

"Lyrica has been lifechanging for me. I've had severe pain every day for years. Both neuropathic pain and FM. The last couple years I've been bedridden most of the time. I got Lyrica one week ago and I can't remember the last time I felt this good. I can do the dishes, make dinner and walk the dog and still feel good. That is huge for me. My muscular spasms are also gone. I use 75mg twice a day. Now I just hope I don't get any severe side effects. But they will have to be close to life threatening for me to stop taking this medication. Lyrica may not be for everyone, but it can be worth a try (despise all the warnings online) - so far it has given me a new life."

Norwegian (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

"I was given samples of lyrica by my neurologist. I'm so glad that I did not buy it. I thought there was something wrong with me, but it was lyrica. It gave me headaches and messed up my vision. I'm really surprised the FDA allows this medication to be used for Fibromyalgia patients. I mean it is for diabetics. I was only on it for a short period of time and it messed me up. I can only imagine what long term effects would have been."

St (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

"When going outdoors in the sun for walk I would experience symptoms that felt as if someone was pocking me with pins all over my body and nothing calmed this pain until my doctor prescribed lyrica. I can go out now and do anything without worrying if I'm going to experience an outbreak of over active nerves. Thanks for inventing this drug that has given me back my freedom."

Tick April 10, 2018

"Lyrica is a terrible drug. It is commercialized as if it will help with nerve pain however it is numbing like a pain med. This awful drug is abused by alcoholics and addicted people due to its highly addictive properties. if you have rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia you will be prescribed this drug and you will become addicted. If you are an addict you will want this drug. Lyrica is terrible and it’s should be taken off of the market right away. Do not use Lyrica it impairs your senses, thinking, driving, walking abilities. Stay away from this drug!"

Rose (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2018

"I stared on Lyrica 150 mg twice a day. I am 68 years old and could not tolerate the side effects. The medication did relieve the pain of fibromyalgia and helped me sleep at night. However, it gave me instant dementia. My short term memory was gone. The doctor reduced the dosage to 75 mg two times a day. I could only take at night because of drowsiness. It also caused blurred vision. Dementia continued and I was forced to stop the medication. It works for the pain but side effects are bad."

Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

"After taking Gabapentin, and still feeling sore and fatigued, I began Lyrica. I have gained 20lbs. I eat salads and go to the gym every other day. Some days, I even hit a yoga class on top of the gym. This drug causes me to have significant depression inclinations, makes me stutter my words, makes my hands shake and caused me to gain 20 lbs in less than a month. I am 35 and have never gained weight like this. I will say that it reduces tingling in hands and feet... but also caused my hands and feet to swell. I would not recommend it unless you have no other option. The side effects did not outweigh the benefits for me."

CC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

"I have suffered with Fibromyalgia for over twenty years and when Lyrica was recommended for use by FM patients, my life changed drastically. Actually, the first time I tried it, the dosage at 75mg/day wasn't nearly enough to tell any difference. Then my doctor bumped it to 75mgX3/day and that did it. I got off the couch, but ate everything in sight. I decided I would rather have a few extra pounds and have a life, than not take Lyrica. Last year, my new Doctor switched my Rx to 150mgX2/day and I'm feeling even better! I have taken the weight off bc I'm so much more active now. Seriously, if Lyrica wasn't available in the US, I'd move to where it was!"

JFred (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2018

"This takes time to feel the results but it did work for me. I tried other ones but no luck. Thx"

Jannette (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

"It just simply works. I was on gabapentin, but that did nothing for my fibromyalgia."

A1DB (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2018

"I was prescribed Lyrica after being diagnosed with Fibro in 2014. It did not help with the pain whatsoever, and caused some really weird side effects. Not just the physical effects of weight gain, but I became angry...ALL THE TIME! I knew I was, I had nothing to be angry about, but I couldn't stop or change it. Almost ruined my marriage. Do not take this!"

Katie D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018

"My doctor started me on 75mg of Lyrica, 3 times a day for fibromyalgia. It's been a month now and I have felt no significant reduction in my pain. I see him again tomorrow, and I am going to ask him about increasing the dose. Right now I'm worried that Lyrica won't help me, no matter what dose I'm on. I used to take gabapentin but it did absolutely nothing for me, and I was on it for years. I tried Cymbalta but had a severe allergic reaction to it. It seems Lyrica is my last hope."

DoctorWho14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

"I have had fibro for 30 years. Been on many medications. Lyrica has ruined my life. I have been on it for 7 years and at first was a relief. But after so long I am having way too many side effects. My brain is dependent on it. I have been reducing for 10 months and have only dropped 32mg. I am extremely sensitive. I can only drop 1 to 2mg every 10 to 14 days. If I go to fast, I have horrible withdrawal symptoms. Please take this drug of the market!"

Taffi (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2018

"I wad prescribed Lyrica after being newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am taking it before bed and do not feel any better!"

Wenzer (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

"I have spinal stenosis, my spine is cracked on both sides of my spine as well as a bulging disc pushing on the cracks, Fibromyalgia and some form of arthritis. Lyrica packed on the pounds, blurred vision, constantly tired , my body aches more when I take lyrica. I use cannibis oil CBD form it helps with inflammation , it sure helps considerably better with no side effects! The cbd form does NOT get you ‘stoned, high, or buzzed’ it removes the pain. I am extremely grateful for my Cannibis oil, the effects last longer then lyrica tooo! I can enjoy my grandkids again!"

GypsyLany (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2017

"I have been taking Lyrica for many years. Many years before it became a controlled substance. I did go to Mexico to get it refilled just because it was cheaper. The last time I asked for a prescription my rheumatologist said he wouldn't refill it so I thought I would go to Mexico again. I never did because in the back of my mind I knew I should check this out first. I live in a small enough town that there is not a lot of rheumatologists. So I thought I would get a new doctor but there are only 2 other doctors, one is leaving this week and the other is 70 years old (I am 73) and that made me make another appointment with my current doctor. I need to talk to him first. I have been off of Lyrica for over a month am I going through withdrawl?"

crisdowr (taken for 10 years or more) October 19, 2017

"My doctor just put me on Lyrica 25 mg tablet twice a day. The first day I took one dose around lunch the other before bedtime and got sleepy in the day. Anyway I emailed doctor he said only take the one at nite but I decided to take both at nite and feel great! I have suffered for years with fibromyalgia and cymbalta was not working for the fibromyalgia but I also take cymbalta for depression so still on that added the Lyrica and feel that the great pain is so much less, my knees and ankle pain, burning sensation all down, and finally get a good sleep without all the leg pain. I am thankful for this drug and finally can get my life back on track and finally see light at the end of my long tunnel of dealing with this horrible condition."

mauichan247 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

"I've been suffering from 24/7 muscle pain (chronic upper body tension, spasms, muscle pain, headaches, etc.) everyday for 8 years. I started Lyrica 3 weeks ago at 50 mg 2x a day. Other than a little fuzzy fibro brain, which is not uncommon for me, I've had no major side effects at all. I bumped it up to 50 mg in the a.m. At the 2 week mark, I wasn't feeling much better, so I bumped the dose another 25 mg a day in the a.m. for a total of 75 mg a day. Oh my God ... I haven't felt this good in years!! it's been about a week now, and I don't want to jinx it, but, honestly, Lyrica is life-changing for me ... and I haven't gained a single pound!"

LooLoo22 June 22, 2017

"I have been on Lyrica almost 2 1/2 years. When I first started it I was really skinny so weight gain didn't bother me but now I have gained over 25 lbs which is not good at all. I am going to go back to Gabapentin which helped me get off morphine. My eyes are dry and blurry. I fart all the time and I am fat! I was off of it the beginning of the year and I was hurting but side affects are too much."

Kelly 2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

"Lyrica really has changed my life by allowing me to sleep at night without all the leg pain. Having both fibromyalgia and neuropathy is a lot of pain but combined with my other meds I no longer suffer from nerve pain."

Lonzo angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

"I started taking lyrica 25mg 2 weeks ago. I was sleepy day 1, took nap. Next day 25mg felt well and energetic. I'm combining low dose which a massage every 2 weeks. I'm interested in what others have to say about long term use at a low dose."

Murr61 June 14, 2017

"I have more then just fibromyalgia. Major back surgery in 2007 a Lammectomy/Spinal Fusion with 2 Herninated Disc. I was good for a long time. About 2014 all my joints hurt, my ankles felt like a match stick. So for the Lyrica they are giving me 600 mg a day for Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica Neuralgia, Neuropathy, lower lumbar back pain ( which I feel does not work on my back) I'm 47 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

"I feel much less pain and able to get my day started a lot easier. I just hope it continues to help with the pain."

Bella Dawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017