User Reviews for Lyrica

Learn more about Lyrica.

Lyrica Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Lyrica to treat Fibromyalgia

"I've been suffering from 24/7 muscle pain (chronic upper body tension, spasms, muscle pain, headaches, etc.) everyday for 8 years. I started Lyrica 3 weeks ago at 50 mg 2x a day. Other than a little fuzzy fibro brain, which is not uncommon for me, I've had no major side effects at all. I bumped it up to 50 mg in the a.m. At the 2 week mark, I wasn't feeling much better, so I bumped the dose another 25 mg a day in the a.m. for a total of 75 mg a day. Oh my God ... I haven't felt this good in years!! it's been about a week now, and I don't want to jinx it, but, honestly, Lyrica is life-changing for me ... and I haven't gained a single pound!"

LooLoo22 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Lyrica almost 2 1/2 years. When I first started it I was really skinny so weight gain didn't bother me but now I have gained over 25 lbs which is not good at all. I am going to go back to Gabapentin which helped me get off morphine. My eyes are dry and blurry. I fart all the time and I am fat! I was off of it the beginning of the year and I was hurting but side affects are too much."

Kelly 2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lyrica really has changed my life by allowing me to sleep at night without all the leg pain. Having both fibromyalgia and neuropathy is a lot of pain but combined with my other meds I no longer suffer from nerve pain."

Lonzo angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking lyrica 25mg 2 weeks ago. I was sleepy day 1, took nap. Next day 25mg felt well and energetic. I'm combining low dose which a massage every 2 weeks. I'm interested in what others have to say about long term use at a low dose."

Murr61 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have more then just fibromyalgia. Major back surgery in 2007 a Lammectomy/Spinal Fusion with 2 Herninated Disc. I was good for a long time. About 2014 all my joints hurt, my ankles felt like a match stick. So for the Lyrica they are giving me 600 mg a day for Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica Neuralgia, Neuropathy, lower lumbar back pain ( which I feel does not work on my back) I'm 47 yrs old."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel much less pain and able to get my day started a lot easier. I just hope it continues to help with the pain."

Bella Dawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from headaches for years with relief with Excedrin. However, I was taking up to 8 at the onset to keep it from becoming a migraine. I'm really surprised that the Drs didn't tell my about "Excedrin abuse" since I told all that I was taking that much. However, when prescribed Lyrica for fibro pain, my headaches were gone to maybe 3 a week. So I highly recommend this for serious headache problems. Does help with Fibro pain. But, weight gain and dry mouth are my biggest side effect and is to the extent that I almost want to go back to 8 Excedrin a day. Hope this helps someone!"

Sandymc1963 May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this drug ten years ago and gave rave reviews then so would like to again. I was able to manage my FM through diet, exercise and adequate sleep through most of my 20's. One day I pushed myself too hard at work, and I got to what I call "final stage". Half hour after getting a shot of Dilodid in the ER I was still crying and writhing. Doctor came in and sat down looking worried. "There's probably nothing more you can do for me." I said "No, there's not." She sent me home with maximum doses of every painkiller on the planet-nothing got rid of the deep burning aching pain. It hurt to stand, sit, walk, lie down. I laid in bed for days not knowing what to do. I tried Lyrica. That pain has been gone ever since. I got my life back."

Painless A (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on Morphine for fibro and it helped a lot but my doctor took me off it and I got on Lyrica. I only take one 75mg at night. I was taking it 3x day and I got so flaky I had problems with remembering things and had a HUGE appetite . I have always been slender and I did lose a lot of weight a few years ago so it was ok to gain weight again. But my appetite is still pretty big now. It helps with the pain. I had tried gabapetin and was taking it 3 times a day and started hallucinating . It was crazy so I got off that but it did help to get off morphine so I might go back on it and just take it twice a day. Since I am 70 and poor I get my Lyrica free. It helps a lot of people but then you have those crazy side effects."

Kelly 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia, this was the worst medication I have ever taken! Within a few days, my anxiety levels were through the roof . I had other side effects too but I can't recall what they were now - it's been a horrendous year."

Big A 47 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's sad when people write a drug of because their experience was negative. With nerve pain of any kind there are different levels of pain in which the body can get to, sometimes I have muscle spasms with and without pain, in My face, my legs, my back neck n shoulders, my eyes to. I even vomit as a result is severe pain. My vision is blurred my breathing and anxiety levels affected greatly, LYRICA make most of this go away. Please understand not all meds suit every individual so you have to try different things till one works for you. I also took lyrica in pregnancy n have a healthy chubby lil baby boy 100% a ok this med gave me part of my life back. Living with pain is crucifying but living with lyrica is a solution !!! For me anyway"

a.cai May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Where to start with this drug ? I refer to it as "The Devil's drug" it was horrible could not function, swelling of my hands and legs and feet. My cognitive thinking was non existent , voice slurred sounded drunk .Could not function at all and could not get off this stuff fast enough. Just listen to the commercial on TV and all the side effects they throw in at the end. I would never take this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia. As I am very sensitive to medication, I was prescribed 75 mg at bedtime each night. The first month, I did feel better taking Lyrica. However, after about 4 months I began experiencing strange symptoms. I could not remember things. My brain was foggy. I wasn't myself and my pain returned. It was a no brainer, so I informed my doctor that I wanted off of this medication. I've been off Lyrica now for two months and my brain is back to normal. It was very scary to even think how little I was taking and what an impact it made on me. I am taking apple cider vinegar with honey every morning, exercising a little day, even if I don't want to, and resting when my body needs it."

LWSouthFl April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on this Lyrica 200mg for @ least 2 yrs I still have a lot of pain from having the disease of Fibromyalgia & Chronic pain along with arthritis they raised it up to the highest dose & still hurt very much & I agree with the lady above u do gain weight trying to hang in there! Hope they find something better for me & every one else Blessings to all "

Sherry Brigham April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Doc has me taking 150 mg morning and 150 mg evening. I have gained 50 pounds in 6 months. I am going to get him to take me off this. I went on a salad diet for a week with balsamic vinegar dressing (1 Tablespoon for a huge salad). I ate salad for lunch and dinner and drank nothing but water with lemon in it. I gained 2 pounds. I told this to my doctor and he said that I must have cheated. Why would anyone go on just a salad diet if they weren't serious about losing weight? I do not recommend this drug. I did start using cyclobenzaprine and it really helps with the leg cramps."

Rubydoobie April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The pain from Fibromyalgia comes as MUSCLE cramping, tingling, twitching, spasms, etc. It is not a "nerve" illness per se, yet doctors think people are stupid and prescribe this anyway. It does nothing for the pain or fatigue from Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue/M.E. Until people realize that legitimate users of meds such as Hydrocodone, morphine ER, etc are rarely abused by people in genuine chronic pain, doctors will continue to jeopardize patients lives by giving them meds like this as a placebo with nasty side effects. One doctor also put me on Paxil which gave me Serotonin Syndrome and I was in Intensive care for a week! This was when SSRI's first came out and I went into med journals. Avoid this for chronic MUSCLE pain."

PainfulPatty (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lyrica has been a big life changer for me!! Thank goodness I found a Dr who prescribed me this. I was in terrible pain and had bad fatigue to where I couldn't live life-- I have 3 kids who I couldn't keep up with. I can't say that everything is perfect now but it's pretty darn close! I hardly have any pain and my fatigue has decreased. I take 75 mg twice a day. I pray for everyone with Fibro to keep working at it until you find something that works."

Lezliew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My own experience was awful. I did not gain weight but I had been suffering with depression because of all the pain I was in. My doctor prescribed these which in my option she should have never done specially when I was very down at the time. I've never experienced such thoughts in my life the only time I got a break from my own thoughts was when I was sleeping. If you are feeling down at all while taking these my advice go see your doctor ASAP do not continue with these not advisable to anyone with depression"

Jennifer200 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Blurred vision while driving 70, Nightmares, terrible balance, falling in the shower (took 30-min to get back up) my 4 & 6 year kids had to "rescue" me and turn off the water, Restless legs keeping me awake until all hours of the morning. 1 eye has twitched for 3 days now. Just to name a few of the side effects. This medicine needs to be an absolute last resort with doctors warning patients about all of these awful side effects prior to prescribing. I am a former licensed practical nurse, and this is unacceptable as far as side effects go."

MO-Mom (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worst medicine ever. I gained nearly 50 pounds in four months. At first the medicine made me feel good even though I was gaining the weight fast. By the fourth month the pain was so intense it actually rivalled childbirth. I was not overeating and in fact I was working out more. I still cannot get the weight back off. If I could give this med a -10 I would."

C jor (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Confused most of the time."

Rose mark (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Doc put me on Lyrica 50 mg twice a day. The first two weeks were AMAZING, I was doing things I haven't been able to do in many years. HOWEVER, let me just say IT DOES CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN AND MINE WAS NOT FROM OVEREATING. In fact, I was hardly hungry at all and when I do eat, it is usually fruits and veggies. I was even working out every day. The last day I took Lyrica (I only took it for one month), it made me so freaking miserable, I went home in tears. My stomach swelled up like I was malnourished and every time I would bend over, I would throw up water or whatever I had just put on my stomach. It was AWFUL! In a month, I gained over 10 lbs. NOT COOL!"

GIGI HOLLOWAY February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had a slipped disc with sciatic pain diagnosed before new year. Had been having heart palpitations, anxiousness, blurry vision and having suicidal thoughts. Felt could be due to the drugs I'm taking and turns out... it's all from lyrica. "

SlippedDisc January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hate this medication because it hasn't helped any of my joints or nerve pain. The only positive side is it helped my IBS and I don't get stomach attacks anymore. I still have so bad joint and muscle pain all the time, I take 75 mg twice a day and nothing seems to do the trick. I hate the side effects I get a real bad headache too."

hasbrogrl74 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wanted to share my experience in combining Lyrica and Neurontin for neuropathy symptoms; I've had fibromyalgia for 25 yrs. Neurontin was effective, but only at 1800 mg./day, which left me drowsy (fell asleep anytime I wasn't moving). My MD switched me to Lyrica (75 mg), but when I got to 3 per day, I rapidly gained weight - 10 lbs. in 2 wks! As a med student, I knew the two meds worked in a similar way and were metabolized similarly. I decreased the Lyrica to 1/ day, which stopped the weight gain, but didn't control the nerve pain, so I added back in one 300 mg. Neurontin per day (both at bedtime, to minimize drowsiness) - still not enough pain control. I added another Neurontin, and that was optimal for me. I take it all at bedtime."

Monkey8065 December 31, 2016