User Reviews for Lyrica

Learn more about Lyrica.

Lyrica Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Lyrica to treat Fibromyalgia

"I was prescribed Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. It didn't really help that much but it did wonders for the neuropathy in my feet caused by botched plantar fascitis surgery. The pain in my feet was horrible and the Lyrica took the sharp jabs and the feeling of nails being driven through my feet away. Still have some pain in my feet but not the intense, jarring me awake type pain. On the one occasion I ran out of Lyrica I got terribly sick, throwing up and diarrhea. So I don't run out!! Am taking 300 mg morning and night. Have recently lost 37 pounds, albeit with great effort, just like before Lyrica. Sometimes my vision is just a little blurry, but have learned to deal with it. I continue to take Lyrica for the benefits."

many problems (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

"I have had firbo for 16 years. My stupid doctor , who knew nothing about fibro, put me on some opiates and the one that worked was morphine. it was great, I loved it and then 2 months ago my doctor took me off morphine-paranoid I think about people overdosing.. I was furious with her and plan on changing doctors soon. I called Pfizer and qualified for no charge Lyrica . I received it 4 days ago, 150 mg . I sleep great with it and I also take xanex, trazadone, amitriptyline for sleep, I take it in the morning with my antidepressents and feel ok then I take it around noon and sometimes I feel really flaky. I need to gain about 10 pounds so I am not worried about weight gain.So far it is ok, still have pain but its not horrible.."

Egan1946 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

"Lyrica has done a great job on my Fibro pain, but I am trying to get off it primarily due to side effects. It has caused mymetabolism to slow down so I can't lose weight, chronic constipation, and terrible gas. I can't go around anymore farting everywhere I go. I'll live with the Fibro pain."

TMarie38 June 4, 2016

"Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

"I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 18 years ago. I stopped working a few years after due to the pain. I tried many medications so I could have some quality of life with my husband and 2 children. I spent most of my time in bed or on the couch because the pain was so debilitating. I was taking Ultram and Zanex but these just didn't take away the pain and then my doctor started me on Lyrica. I started feeling like a new person because slowly the pain started to decrease. The only side effect which could also be part of Fibromyalgia is with speech. I have trouble sometimes finding the words I want to say. I now take 75 mg 3 times per day and have been taking it for over 10 years. I'm so grateful to have my life back."

Catluver62-10 May 10, 2016

"I was on Lyrica for a year. Then my insurance decided hey we aren't paying for this anymore and I had to stop. And it was a just stop completely not a wean off of it. Started on. Gabapentin 800 3x a day. Has done Nothing for me. I am miserable. If you need help paying for it go to there website and they will actually pay for the medication for you. For a year then you just reapply. I will be getting mine back finally this week. And I can't wait to get back on it so I can actually be a mom and a wife again. Without laying in bed all day suffering."

Craftygirlz2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

"This is poison, destroyed my life, horrible side effects and made my pain so much worse. Detoxing is a living hell and makes coming off narcotics a walk in the park. It's horrible and should be taken off the market."

Pissed off and disgusted (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

"This didn't really change the pain levels but what it did do was make me gain weight substantially. This lead to me getting depressed which made the fibro flare up again. I stopped taking it."

Crikeyjosue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

"For those of you having trouble paying for lyrica, my doctor recommended I use the prescription card they offer on their website. . Hope this helps!"

DiscountW123 January 26, 2016

"I started taking Lyrica about 8 months ago. In about 3 days I had felt a significant change. It was working great for my Fibro, but I also have spinal arthritis. It did nothing for that or my sciatica. Finally I was bumped up to high dose, but do to other things in life I had to stop because of financial difficulties. I couldn't even afford copays. So I'm on gabapentin and it barely works. If I could, I would get back on Lyrica! Thank you all for sharing your experiences!"

Alicat78 January 10, 2016

"I have been on Lyrica for around a year now, I take 300mg twice a day, initially this was a wonder drug that helped immensely with my pain, I couldn't stay awake for first few weeks but since getting used to it I've been fine. The massive downside for me is that it's affects have weaned dramatically and I once again find myself in pain, being a single parent to 4 children and working full time is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm not sure I can continue working."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2016

"Lyrica is a scheme why patent a medicine that loved ones need whether they can or cannot afford it. To but a ban on generic forms shows that they do not care for the well being, they just care how much money they can bulk up. I do not support lyrica. Gabapentin does the job and won't kill your organs with the "potency". It's sad they have no care for your health just want to gain wealth off your illness. "

Lyrica101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

"Instant joint pain gone....anxiety gone....only been 1 week...hopeful it lasts...so far it's a miracle for me..I'm also on cymbalta and klonipin"

Gregnetto December 5, 2015

"I have been in pain for years and started Lyrica. I cannot believe the difference. It is shocking. My pain is so much better. My bladder spasms are gone. I sleep so well. Wake up in the morning without hurting my back and ribs to breath. My chronic diarrhea is gone too. The only thing I have noticed on the negative side is I am super hungry, which doesn't surprise me. Overall, loving it and praying it continues to work. No side affects other than being hungry:)"

ChrisMiche November 22, 2015

"I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for years and have regular flare ups. The nerve pain in my jaw and neck was horrific. I found even oxynorm and Tramil was not able to control the pain. This drug has changed my life dramatically.... I feel almost normal again and able to cope with my symptoms. I am on the lowest dose of 25mg. 2 times per day and combined with 10mg. of Endep I can now get a good nights sleep and no nerve pain. I have been advised to stay on this dosage for at least 3 months and then cut down to one per day and eventually cease taking it. As I am very sensitive to drugs I was surprised that I have had no side effects. Thanks for giving my life back..... I don't know how I would have survived without it?"

Happy Chappy. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

"My ankles and hands swelled up so badly while on Lyrica. I also had a bad cough. I gained 15 pounds on it, this all resolved after it was tot rated down."

KAYCEEBEE October 22, 2015

"History of aches fatigue 10 yrs. mostly in early morning . I started taking lyrica 50 mg just one week ago at 50 mg twice a day. Very Slight dizziness with first pill however 90 percent better within couple days . no more morning profound aches. More energy. Maybe a little too much energy. Going to try just an early morning low dose 50 mg. over all I am very pleased."

Achee man (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

"I've found that Lyrica does help though it did take a while for me to get used to it as initially I was very affected and sounded like I'd been drinking when I took it! I only take it at night now though I still have to be careful not to take too much or take it too late in the evening or I'm a bit slow and sleepy the next day. My doctor tried me first on Cymbalta ( spelling?) but the constipation was horrific with that for me. Overall my pain has diminished with Lyrica and I'm happy to be on it."

MsBinoz (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2015

"I've had Fibromyalgia for ten years now, along with other health problems and up until a week ago I was using Flexerel and Cataflam to help with the pain and discomfort. Until last week, I was under a lot of stress at work, mind you I teach infants and toddlers up to age 3, and I woke up one morning in pain. Pain over my entire body. Pain I have never felt before. I felt like I had a supped up version of the Flu. I went to work in tears and left in tears and headed straight to my doctor. I began Lyrica that day and I was pretty out of it the first night and especially the next day when I took the next dose. I slept most of the first day and the second day I was a little dizzy headed and off balance. So far Lyrica is working well"

Anonymous October 4, 2015

"This drug changed my life with unexpected benefits. I started taking for herniated disc and a lot of nerve damage. I started feeling pain relief immediately. It made me feel very high the first week and I had to be careful how and when I would take it / 150MGs 3xs a day. The high feeling eventually, gradually dissipated After a week, I noticed my wife smiling a lot with great caution I asked her why and she said she likes how calm and relaxed I am. I'm naturally a very high strung, intense person. I thought about what she said and noticed I actually was very relaxed and things that typically set me off they just didn't anymore. I then read about how the drug helps with anxiety. My insurance doesn't really cover it...I pay 50 for a months"

Brasco August 26, 2015

"Lyrica did not work particularly well for me. I had previously taken Cymbalta 60mg for 7/8 years and was feeling that it was no longer as effective so my doctor prescribed Lyrica. I noticed a large amount of weight gain (which I would not have minded if helped the pain!) about 50 pounds over 6 months before it stabilized. After some time of taking the medication (9 months or a year I forget) I was always complaining to my doctor about pain and fatigue being bad so he switched me to Savella. I noticed a huge difference and I lost the weight!"

emily313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2015

"I've been on lryica for a month now. 150 mg 2x a day. It works wonders for the awful muscle spasms and fibromyalgia pain but I do have side effects. I have to do every thing from chores to running errands before I take it. Once I take I become unbalanced, forget words and become extremely tired. I sleep a lot and very heavy and usually can't remember the previous day. I definitely cannot function after I take it. I don't care for the side effects but so far has been the only thing that has worked for me. I tried cymbalta, neurton, zanaflex, flexeral lots of things. To me its worth taking the lryica as those terrible rib and back spasms keep at bay..and after two years of dealing with those I don't ever want to again. btw does kill my appetite."

littleorphanannie August 19, 2015

"While noticing at the time I was taking lyrica I was itching a lot so I found out that one of the side effects was itching and hives. I spoke to my Dr., and he said he was decreasing my dose. After about 3 days, the itching got worse, so I took my self off, against my doctors wishes. I started noticing red spots and my head, arms and back wouldn't stop itching. I got Benadryl and after 20 days, the itching is still here, but not as much as when I was taking lyrica. If I were you, I'll stay as far away from that drug, as you can.... I'm going back to gabpapentin"

Brina123 August 16, 2015

"I've had fibromyalgia for about 30yrs - I am 43. Endometriosis from ages 13-36, (a hysterectomy 'fixed' that;) clinical depression from abt 16, (break down at 28;) anxiety disorder; insomnia &/or severely disturbed sleep cycles for15-20yrs. AND I've needed a cane to walk for the last 2-3 yrs. FMS & depression compete for the title of "most debilitating." I've tried almst everything, (Cymbalta was useless.) The last 2 months I've been taking slowly increased doses of Lyrica. Currently on 150mg a day, (2× 75mg,) with a view to 300-400mg. I've had zero relief from pain, BUT nasty side fx. Almost no sleep. Worsened depression & anxiety. Terrible FMS type 'fog.' Flatulance! Cannot see this contiuing or improving. (Available on PBS in Australia.)"

the cats' person (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

"Pain reduction with memory loss. I've been on Lyrica 4 yrs and take 450 mg a day for fibromyalgia, migraines, and nerve damage. Also on Fentanyl pain patch, Norco, and Flexeril daily for herniated discs C3-C7, T3, L1. Lyrica significantly improves my pain and migraine recurrance; however, it is likely the cause of memory loss and slower thought process. I teach high school and college courses, am the parent of five young adults, and am sole breadwinner and insurance provider. I intend to reduce my Lyrica and pray I can manage increased pain better than memory loss or dementia, two common side effects of Lryica. Female, 53 yrs. Check Pfizer patient assistance programs on web to defray costs. I got free Lyrica when needed. No weight gain."

PhoenixTX July 23, 2015