User Reviews for Lyrica (Page 5)

Learn more about Lyrica.

Epilepsy 3 reviews 40 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 449 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for years and have regular flare ups. The nerve pain in my jaw and neck was horrific. I found even oxynorm and Tramil was not able to control the pain. This drug has changed my life dramatically.... I feel almost normal again and able to cope with my symptoms. I am on the lowest dose of 25mg. 2 times per day and combined with 10mg. of Endep I can now get a good nights sleep and no nerve pain. I have been advised to stay on this dosage for at least 3 months and then cut down to one per day and eventually cease taking it. As I am very sensitive to drugs I was surprised that I have had no side effects. Thanks for giving my life back..... I don't know how I would have survived without it?"

Happy Chappy. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Been taking this for about 5 years and has helped lessen pain a lot, only side effects are some swelling of the legs and feet. Only issue is my body seems to get use to it and have to increase dosage every 6 mths - year. Started out on 75 mg and now up to 300 mg at night and 100 mg during the day. Have tried just about every other drug with no results, this was the only drug that offered relief."

LindyF October 27, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "My ankles and hands swelled up so badly while on Lyrica. I also had a bad cough. I gained 15 pounds on it, this all resolved after it was tot rated down."

KAYCEEBEE October 22, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I recently had back surgery for spinal stenosis. I was having leg pain and the pain in my leg was worse than before surgery. After surgery I was also experiencing new pain of stabbing, electrical sensations in addition to the pain I previously had. I was prescribed Neurontin and the doctor kept raising the dose with no difference in my pain. I heard of similar experiences and being switched to Lyrica and it made a huge difference. I was in so much pain day after day. I switched to Lyrica and I have had nearly full relief of the pain I was having. I can't even describe how much this medication has helped me. If you find yourself in the same experience there is hope. Keep communicating with your surgeon and try Lyrica."

JR 1518 Zl October 21, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I had spinal fusion several years ago and since have suffered pain. Recently my feet started tingling painfully with loss of feeling. Lyrica has been a life saviour for. these problem."

Brussbrzn (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "Helps me fall asleep but doesn't keep me asleep or stop my pain. I can't fall asleep without it, so I stay on it."

stormy699 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 17, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "History of aches fatigue 10 yrs. mostly in early morning . I started taking lyrica 50 mg just one week ago at 50 mg twice a day. Very Slight dizziness with first pill however 90 percent better within couple days . no more morning profound aches. More energy. Maybe a little too much energy. Going to try just an early morning low dose 50 mg. over all I am very pleased."

Achee man (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I've found that Lyrica does help though it did take a while for me to get used to it as initially I was very affected and sounded like I'd been drinking when I took it! I only take it at night now though I still have to be careful not to take too much or take it too late in the evening or I'm a bit slow and sleepy the next day. My doctor tried me first on Cymbalta ( spelling?) but the constipation was horrific with that for me. Overall my pain has diminished with Lyrica and I'm happy to be on it."

MsBinoz (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I rated Lyrica as "one" because IF your prescription plan does not pay for it, it is worth nothing to you UNLESS you are prepared to pay about $350.00 a month out of your own pocket. It's effectiveness for a few of my problems was very good, but since I cannot afford it, it's effectiveness is actually ZERO to me now. Don't take the free sample that will be offered to you (unless you can afford it later). Stopping Lyrica will be the one of the most miserable things you have ever tried in your life! It is a horrible withdrawal. the company is just like a street dealer of drugs. BOTH give you "free samples" to get you dependent on the drug and they charge big money for you to continue taking it."

Pain in the Back (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I've had Fibromyalgia for ten years now, along with other health problems and up until a week ago I was using Flexerel and Cataflam to help with the pain and discomfort. Until last week, I was under a lot of stress at work, mind you I teach infants and toddlers up to age 3, and I woke up one morning in pain. Pain over my entire body. Pain I have never felt before. I felt like I had a supped up version of the Flu. I went to work in tears and left in tears and headed straight to my doctor. I began Lyrica that day and I was pretty out of it the first night and especially the next day when I took the next dose. I slept most of the first day and the second day I was a little dizzy headed and off balance. So far Lyrica is working well"

Anonymous October 4, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I was prescribed Lyrica for small fiber neuropathy pain. I will say it did offer relief from the pain but the side effects were just too great and at times dangerous. You should not be driving a car on this stuff. I was in an accident because I was slow to reaction in a high stress traffic situation. You will eventually begin to feel quite unlike yourself. Zombie like. You will say to yourself, I don't feel like me anymore I feel like something is controlling me. If you're someone who can stay home all the time and has very little work demands, or family life this may be helpful to you. Understand that the zombie like feeling and slowed reaction time will be an issue. gabapentin was a safer choice in my opinion even with side effects."

P. Winter September 21, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I feel the need to warn everybody about the side effects and how difficult it can be to get off this drug. I've been on it for approximately 8 years before the side effects really started kicking in. Began as morning anxiety attacks, severe GI upset, mood swings and low to mid level depression. Tried changing the schedule from twice a day to three times a day. It helped at first but about two months later my body began anticipating new schedule and the side effects would start kicking in about an hour before next dose. Its taken me 8 months to get dosage down from 225 mg a day to 75mg a day and every step down has been sheer hell. Every step down leads to a period of depression, and it gets worse the closer you get to zero."

Sneaky Pete September 2, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I was prescribe Lyrica for a pinched nerve in my elbow after a dislocation. The pain made physical therapy intolerable. With just one dose of 75mg of Lyrica, I could bend my elbow without wincing. Absolutely marvelous. Unfortunately there were 2 side effects that make me stop taking it. First one was that I fell asleep almost immediately after taking it for about 2 hours and my brain felt very foggy after I woke up. Second issue was a slight tightness in the chest and feeling a little out of breath. Not severe, but enough to let me know that I couldn't take it again. Made me sad because it really worked."

LMondry September 1, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I was having terrible pain with sciatica. At times I was in so much pain just walking in a shopping centre I just had to stop. Also driving the car my leg was in so much pain I had to lift it up with my hand to ease the pain. No medication I had taken stopped the pain which was unbearable and I couldn't sleep at night, My Doctor prescribed Lyrica and at first I did not like it because it made my feet puffy however I went back on it with the prescribed dose of 150mg twice a day. Now I have to try to recall the pain because I have no sciatic pain at all with this drug. It also had the side effect of making me a bit "dreamy" which I rather like but I do forget names and things I am saying which I do not like. Can't have it all though!"

mamia73 September 1, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "This drug changed my life with unexpected benefits. I started taking for herniated disc and a lot of nerve damage. I started feeling pain relief immediately. It made me feel very high the first week and I had to be careful how and when I would take it / 150MGs 3xs a day. The high feeling eventually, gradually dissipated After a week, I noticed my wife smiling a lot with great caution I asked her why and she said she likes how calm and relaxed I am. I'm naturally a very high strung, intense person. I thought about what she said and noticed I actually was very relaxed and things that typically set me off they just didn't anymore. I then read about how the drug helps with anxiety. My insurance doesn't really cover it...I pay 50 for a months"

Brasco August 26, 2015

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Edema in ankles and feet, cellulitis in shin and calf, 6 days in hospital, memory loss, dizziness, letharga"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica did not work particularly well for me. I had previously taken Cymbalta 60mg for 7/8 years and was feeling that it was no longer as effective so my doctor prescribed Lyrica. I noticed a large amount of weight gain (which I would not have minded if helped the pain!) about 50 pounds over 6 months before it stabilized. After some time of taking the medication (9 months or a year I forget) I was always complaining to my doctor about pain and fatigue being bad so he switched me to Savella. I noticed a huge difference and I lost the weight!"

emily313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I've been on lryica for a month now. 150 mg 2x a day. It works wonders for the awful muscle spasms and fibromyalgia pain but I do have side effects. I have to do every thing from chores to running errands before I take it. Once I take I become unbalanced, forget words and become extremely tired. I sleep a lot and very heavy and usually can't remember the previous day. I definitely cannot function after I take it. I don't care for the side effects but so far has been the only thing that has worked for me. I tried cymbalta, neurton, zanaflex, flexeral lots of things. To me its worth taking the lryica as those terrible rib and back spasms keep at bay..and after two years of dealing with those I don't ever want to again. btw does kill my appetite."

littleorphanannie August 19, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "While noticing at the time I was taking lyrica I was itching a lot so I found out that one of the side effects was itching and hives. I spoke to my Dr., and he said he was decreasing my dose. After about 3 days, the itching got worse, so I took my self off, against my doctors wishes. I started noticing red spots and my head, arms and back wouldn't stop itching. I got Benadryl and after 20 days, the itching is still here, but not as much as when I was taking lyrica. If I were you, I'll stay as far away from that drug, as you can.... I'm going back to gabpapentin"

Brina123 August 16, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I've been taking lyrica for almost 2 years, I was prescribed gabapentin to begin with, and they kept increasing the dosage, until I was almost on the max dose of 3200mg, and my pain management dr prescribed me lyrica 100mg x 3 daily and it works for the most part. I don't have the side effects from it that most have, and it works to control the pain, although I do have neuropathy flare ups from time to time. I'm taking it as a result of neuropathy from spinal chord injury. and my insurance pays for it so no out of pocket costs. I recommend this to people who have nerve pain."

Susan Fjeldahl (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2015

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have been taking Lyrica for the last three years and I don't know how I would live without it. In 2012, I was involved in a serious accident, sustaining an incomplete spinal cord injury, as well as severe injuries to my lower limbs. The pain is not as bad as it was in the beginning, but I am in constant pain and, according to my pain management and spinal and lower limb reconstruction consultants, this will probably always be the case. Initially I thought if I found the right combination of medications I could stop it and so I tried all of the other drugs prescribed for neuropathy, as well as some more experimental ones. Without Lyric I spent a lot of time crying and ended up in hospital a few times because the pain was so bad."

sarahbia August 7, 2015

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I just started .75 mg. Lyrica two nights ago. Helped me sleep and not annoyed by RLS or diabetic nerve annoyance (not pain). Also, have had issues with back pain and it seems to be helping after such a short time."

pattijacks1113 August 1, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "Thus is intended as a warning about sudden cessation of long term Lyrica use. I've been taking 75mg twice daily Lyrica for severe pain resulting from crush fractures in my spine. I started to feel a slight benefit from the drug a few weeks after beginning to take it but it wasn't until I started swimming that my long standing pain completely disappeared. I never missed a dose until a few days ago: just ran out, had to wait til the next day, effectively missing two doses. I went through an incredibly harrowing experience in that time without the drug...it wasn't psychological: I could almost physically feel the chemistry in my brain and body going totally haywire. It was extremely alarming, nothing can describe how nasty it was."

JackLantern (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I've had fibromyalgia for about 30yrs - I am 43. Endometriosis from ages 13-36, (a hysterectomy 'fixed' that;) clinical depression from abt 16, (break down at 28;) anxiety disorder; insomnia &/or severely disturbed sleep cycles for15-20yrs. AND I've needed a cane to walk for the last 2-3 yrs. FMS & depression compete for the title of "most debilitating." I've tried almst everything, (Cymbalta was useless.) The last 2 months I've been taking slowly increased doses of Lyrica. Currently on 150mg a day, (2× 75mg,) with a view to 300-400mg. I've had zero relief from pain, BUT nasty side fx. Almost no sleep. Worsened depression & anxiety. Terrible FMS type 'fog.' Flatulance! Cannot see this contiuing or improving. (Available on PBS in Australia.)"

the cats' person (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "Shingles in my scalp in 2009. Started off using 75 mg twice daily. I am now taking 150 mg twice daily. The Lyrica was/is a lifesaver, since I also have migraine, sinus, tension headaches. I seldom have the migraines anymore. My problem is that my scalp continues to get irritated if I comb it or use any kind of lotions, gels, moisturizers, oils or sprays on it. Concerned about the weight gain, but overall, satisfied with Lyrica."

emag July 23, 2015