User Reviews for Lyrica

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lyrica.

Lyrica Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.

Reviews for Lyrica to treat Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

"This one of the worst medication ever. It does not help, I end up in tears I am hurting so bad. I drop things, don't even notice, can't open things like I used too. The pain is unbearable, I just think this is a rubbish medication."

Chancy1985 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had Diabetic Peripheral neuropathy for many years now. I started with Gabapentin which worked at first but only to a small degree so we switched to Lyrica 75mg. It was as good as the Gabepentin but I hoped for more so we upped it to 100mg. A trial at 150mg did not work at all so I dropped it in 2 days and went back to 100mg. Now it will work but only for one half of a day and I refuse to take more until after dinner. At bedtime I take an OTC product from Hyland for restless legs and another for leg cramps (one & one) with my prescribed 500mg Magnesium and it helps me make it thru the night. Please do not deplete my drug store for the Hylands products. I told one friend and the entire stock was gone in 2 days."

Sally Smooth (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine helped my neuropathic pain, but gave me neck and shoulder pain I couldn't talk without straining to find the words I walked around like I was drunk. I'm off and back to me again"

Maj735 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Going to have to decrease dosage (50mg 2x daily) or quit Lyrica due to loss of memory & confusion & jerking. Once could top out any IQ tests but my husband says I can't even find my "behind" anymore. Taking it for neuropathy & came home from complete knee surgery with foot drop in leg operated on. Now the other foot has dropped half way so I am all but an invalid. No more going outside for me to enjoy our horses on our farm. The dry mouth I got with Lyrica also frightens me as afraid I will lose my teeth as others have. Lyrica also causes severe sleepiness. I guess it MIGHT have stopped the shooting pains in my feet at night?"

Poniwoman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Day 1, Neuropathy specialist at Cornell hospital NY , came home with Lyrica. by end of the day I could see some changes on my pain. Day 2, Pain was gone but I was very sleepy not able to concentrate. Day 3, slept all day could not keep my balance and my dreams was almost real. Day 4, very sleepy and unresponsive, it was so bad that I could not feel my low blood sugar until all my body was shaking and I needed help to take sugar. Day 5, STOP taking the dame thing. Day 6, Pick up the phone, called my doctor and used every word I have learned in English on him and those scientist, who came up with this IDEA. Instead of spending their time and knowledge to fin cure for diabetes, they just look for accommodating, Just to make MONEY."

Cia Pak (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The nerve pain became so unbearable that it forced me to take lyrica despite the bad reviews and long list of negative side effects. I was told by many that it worked a lot better that neurontin with less drastic negative effects. Well, it has eased my pain some, but the side effects have taken my life from me. I'm dizzy at times, my head is always foggy and not clear thinking, I have depression, anger outbursts I've never had before, daily nausea, and am so tired that I can sleep all day and night long and can barely function. Unfortunately the alternative medications have even worse negative side effects, so what are we supposed to do in order to have some normalcy?"

Anonymous June 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lyrica worked (for 2 weeks) when I first began taking 75mg then it stopped helping at all ...now @ 100mg 3 times a day it still is ineffective.."

TETPOL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The needle standing pain was bad, but then I developed this feeling like I dipped my lower legs and feet in frying oil. It all is getting worse. It has really been tough especially at night trying to sleep."

Appaz April 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Eased diabetic nerve pain somewhat but caused "jerking motion" so severe that I could not feed myself. This was with only one month's use. Discontinued use and jerking getting much better."

Early April 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lyrica helps with the pain and it works for me I been using it for 5 years but I don't pay any thing for it. my insurance pays it all for me"

dawsons February 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was taking Lyrica for several years. I stopped taking it because of the price. My prescription medications are covered by Medicare & other insurance, but I do not believe in indiscriminately spending Medicare money. So, again, only because of the cost, I stopped. My feet went wild, burning pain, could not even have the bed covers on them at night. I got my Rx for Lyrica renewed and when it came I first took 2 caps in order to see if it would get started again. It did! I'm going to be doing a bit of research on the internet for a lower cost alternative. Gabapentin looks good at the moment, maybe on my next doc appt. I'll try it. I gave it only a 9 because of the cost, but for effectiveness I'd give it as high a number as allowed."

agss241 January 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking this for about 5 years and has helped lessen pain a lot, only side effects are some swelling of the legs and feet. Only issue is my body seems to get use to it and have to increase dosage every 6 mths - year. Started out on 75 mg and now up to 300 mg at night and 100 mg during the day. Have tried just about every other drug with no results, this was the only drug that offered relief."

LindyF October 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Edema in ankles and feet, cellulitis in shin and calf, 6 days in hospital, memory loss, dizziness, letharga"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Lyrica for the last three years and I don't know how I would live without it. In 2012, I was involved in a serious accident, sustaining an incomplete spinal cord injury, as well as severe injuries to my lower limbs. The pain is not as bad as it was in the beginning, but I am in constant pain and, according to my pain management and spinal and lower limb reconstruction consultants, this will probably always be the case. Initially I thought if I found the right combination of medications I could stop it and so I tried all of the other drugs prescribed for neuropathy, as well as some more experimental ones. Without Lyric I spent a lot of time crying and ended up in hospital a few times because the pain was so bad."

sarahbia August 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started .75 mg. Lyrica two nights ago. Helped me sleep and not annoyed by RLS or diabetic nerve annoyance (not pain). Also, have had issues with back pain and it seems to be helping after such a short time."

pattijacks1113 August 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"have had good results in controlling foot pain,i have type 2 diabetics,and prescribed 50 mg 1 per day.i have had weight gain in 50 lb range.eat very little,age 89 yrs little exercise .works for me"

geno.s July 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Lyrica for about 4 years now and because of the cost, I end up in the "donut hole" lately and the cost is almost $200 and that's with my insurance! While it works pretty well I have been forced to cut down to 2, 150mg pills a day to save up enough for at least one month. I'm a senior and $200 the last 3 months of the year is a budget breaker!"

fishermom (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I did not feel it was helping all that well with the pain.[ lower, middle back and rib] I went from 25 mg to 75, 150 then 225mg. I found I was tired and lethargic. I had a dry mouth and throat constantly, and my vision was hard to focus, jumpy. I had stopped and restarted after 4 months, still the same. Breathing is harder, so I've noticed this time. I have stopped for good!"

B.A.H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lyrica is about as effective as opiates without the baggage that comes with the latter. Lyrica has it's own side effects for me while working up to 450 mg/day including a floaty spaced out sensation, INSANE appetite, and constipation - these side effects largely disappeared at the 2-week point. Pain relief was fairly quick, at about the third or fourth day."

AnnonnA June 12, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It makes my eyes twitch"

Bub2222 April 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking Lyrica yesterday for severe diabetic neuropathy in both feet and lower legs. I am currently on Suboxone for a 15 year addiction to opiates and was concerned that Lyrica wouldn't work because my body is so screwed up from all the years of opiate use and most medications do not work well for me. Thirty minutes after the first dose I noticed a significant improvement in the neuropathic pain. My bedtime dose was another 75 milligram capsule and I slept better than I have slept in months! This medicine has been a God send for me so far. Hoping that it continues to work well for me! Thanks Pfizer!"

neuropain! (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Lyrica 30 days ago and take 150mg per day. I have not received any relief in my neuropathy. I have a constant headache and my vision is fuzzy. I am hoping the Lyrica will solve these problems in 60 days or I will have to stop the medicines."

justbg (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have type 1 diabetes for 25 yrs. Neuropathy diagnosis for 16 yrs. Was on gabapentin for 16 yrs and it quit working for me. 2 months ago my doctor put me on Lyrica and what a difference my pain in feet and legs is all but gone! Thank you Pfizer for Lyrica it has made such a difference in my quality of life!"

chris 74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This works within 30 mins. After the first pill my legs stopped burning and tingling one of the only medicines I ever found that worked so fast."

Don K. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Extremely drowsy, no difference in pain"

Anonymous September 8, 2012