User Reviews for Lyrica

Learn more about Lyrica.

Lyrica Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Neuralgia.

Reviews for Lyrica to treat Neuralgia

"I didn't experience any side effects at 50mg 2x per day. After my knee replacement surgery, I started taking 100 mg 3x per day. Almost right away I noticed vision blurriness, and mental fog. After about a month I started noticing weight gain, and swelling I'm ankles, legs, feet, and my hands are puffy. I have been on it 7 weeks now and have already gained 10 pounds. The swelling in my feet is nearly intolerable."

Gsusan435 February 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"After spinal injury I suffered neuralgia in my legs. The doctors tried multiple drugs some were worthless and some of the others were dangerous. Lyrica caused blurring of visin and tremors. Looking for something to make me feel better. Lyrica was not it."

dandon678 February 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"for the last 22 years I have been suffering from severe form of Trigeminal Neuralgia had the Alcohol Block as well as the Gamma Knife procedures but to no avail. Help came when I was given high dosage of Lyrica in combination with Carbatrol. With time I was able to reduce it to half of the quantity of both medications. For the last 8-9 years I have been taking 900 mg of Lyrica and 600 mg of Tegretol. Before the Lyrica I was disabled, I couldn't talk, eat. open and close my eyes, touch my face, shave, have a haircut, or have my teeth cleaned, the list is too long. Basically noting could touch or move on the right side of my face. When I tried to eat, tears will stream down my face. I am taking Lyrica since February 2002, it saved my life."

My 50th birthday gift was TN January 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I'm feeling terrible. I have been for several tests but no luck"

Betsie le Roux (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I take 300mg Lyrica once per day b4 bedtime..along with 1000 mg aceteminophen (Panadol/Tylenol) 3 times daily for trigeminal neuralgia..it is a godsend..i love this regimen..works wonders for my severe facial pain..the side effects i will take gladly for my pain relief..side effects include unsteady gait which subsides once my body gets accustomed to the dosage n lowered libido which returns within a day or two of not taking this regimen..otherwise i love Lyrica."

MoreFyah (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

roasty & toasty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"It cured my pain (trigeminal neuralia), but I had nasty side effects at first: mild headaches, nausea, tired, feeling too full and bloated (even when not eating), weight gain, dizzy, etc. I stuck with it, and after two weeks I was still feeling bloated and headaches, and continued to gain weight. I researched ways to counteract the negative effects, and started taking a B6 supplement (for weight gain) and an herbal diuretic (for the bloat). I no longer feel bloated, and the headaches are gone. I'm on my 4th (or 5th?) week of lyrica, and am feeling much better. I don't think I'm still gaining weight, but it's too soon to tell. I wasn't eating any more or less than usual, so if the B6 helps, that would be nice."

Nannnnn March 28, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"200 mg three times a day has been the only medication that help with facial and jaw pain. For me it's miraculous."

Tom© February 8, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Started on low dosage of 50mg morning & afternoon and 300mg at night but not enough relief at night so increased dosage to 600mg at night. Finding myself to be a little more tired now at also feeling dizzy."

Jorijere December 28, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Lyrica gave me my life back! The only side effect that MAY have been due to Lyrica is vision loss, but I have worn glasses for 30 years, so no big deal for my eyesight to slightly worsen over 2 yrs on the drug. Some of the side effects that people mention could be due to menopause rather than Lyrica. I gladly spend $60 for a monthly supply. Other meds I took previously left me like a zombie. With lyrica I actually feel good."

Kjb1466 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have suffered extreme damage to my trigeminal nerve on the left side of my face due to dental implants. I since had three teeth pulled and one implant taken out. My life was full of unbearable pain and suffering. After 17 doctors/dentists, I finally went to an neurologist who put me on Lyrica. After fighting with my insurance company for two weeks I was approved. Within one week I have minimal pain! It is a miracle for me. I take 25mg three times a day. Love it! Thank you!"

Patsy G (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Have been taking Lyrica for nearly two years to treat my Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have been attack free since starting on the medication. I look at Lyrica as a life savior for me."

BigAlpat January 13, 2015

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Had neuropathic pain in right upper jaw after dental work. Tried many different medicines including tricyclic's eventually put onto Lyrica went up to 900mg as well as Endep 40mg. Couldn't tolerate Endep, worked my way back down to 600mg Lyrica and after 6 months the nerve pain is tolerable. What I didn't' realize was all the side effects that I now believe stems from Lyrica, severe bloating, sore eyes, memory loss, word problems, hand and feet pains, plus more. I have now found that it makes little difference between 75 or 300mg for pain relief. I have difficulty sleeping without any, 75 will eventually help but 300 gets me to sleep faster. After reading so many people complaining about the same side effects, I will be seeing my Dr."

RustyBit November 16, 2013

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Lyrica has helped greatly in sharp pain related to my arthritis in the hip. I am on a waiting list for a hip replacement, and it works so well, I will postpone this operation as long as I can sleep at nights and get around ok. My brother tried it for his osteoarthritis in the hand and it has given him the same relief. It stops the sharp pain,.....you still have the dull pain that that lets you know you have a problem. if it is good enough to stop the pain to sleep at night, it has done its job.Tony."

Tonyfpowell November 4, 2013

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am 36 yrs old and have suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) attacks for 4 years now, they have totally changed my life and I hate the disease for it! I have both typical and atypical TN and nothing has helped so far. I have tried medicines such as Tegretol and numerous different combination anti-seizure medicines, Amitriptyline, narcotics for pain, topical creams/ointments of many different medicinal makeups all after having 2 MVD surgeries. I have continued to work a very high stressful career with a wonderful understanding company but each day I am fighting some type of attack in intensity. I have fought against having Botox injections or even now reading trying Lyrica to see if it works."

Totally Frustrated October 17, 2013

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"After suffering from horrible post herpatic neuralgia in the trigeminal nerves on the left side of my face, I went to a neurologist who put me on Lyrica. A small dose of 50 mg each night keeps my symptoms under control. I tried adding a morning dose, but it made me giggle at inappropriate times, so I went back to only taking it at night. For over two years my pain has been controlled well. One night I forgot to take my medicine and the next day I had a painful attack. I'll never forget it again! I'm so thankful for this medicine. There are so many other medicines that I tried and could not take, but this one works great for me."

Mammaj (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I find that Lyrica has helped a lot with my sciatic pain. I am able to move better with less pain."

Kimberley1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2012

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had occipital nerve damage with pressure in my inner ear. Pressure is gradually lowered enabling me to exert myself for about 4 hours but exhausted. I now take 225 mg twice daily and cannot miss one dose. Nothing else worked. I took up to 600 mg but found no difference in relief so I am on the 225 twice daily. This is one medication that does not mix well with alcohol. It induces a coma like state that lasts for 30 minutes and longer. I was drinking beer and only had 3 beers in 2 hours. Then BOOM goes the dynamite! But am aware of everything going around me but can't move or respond. When it's over, it's over and I am vertical again. So now I know why the ad states avoid alcohol!"

WasntMee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2012

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"My taking Lyrica was in combo with Tegretol and a few others. It made my finger ends and toe ends tingly and numb at times. It did help my Face Pain a bit. But then the skin on my finger ends split constantly and then the inside of my mouth began to peel constantly as well. Ugh! I had to go off of it as it simply was not helping my situation of Face Pain, however, I can see where it MAY work for diabetic or MS pain of toes and fingers."

FacePainGal February 19, 2011

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"The only medicine on the market that truly worked for me. I suffered a gunshot wound to the head that penetrated through the brain and hit the spinal cord. Lyrica is the only medicine that controls the pain to a near 0/10. Unbelievable medicine for nerve pain without all the horrible side effects of Neurontin."

Anonymous January 20, 2011

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia. This is the first medicine that has ever worked. So far, I have no pain."

Anonymous May 30, 2010

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"After a head/neck/spine injury I found the drug to be very helpful with the neuropathic pain in my arm, face and various body parts. Weight gain is a minor issue. I don't suffer night terrors but feel as though I've been dragged through a hedge backwards upon awakening. I do NOT feel rested upon awakening. Cognitive issues due to the injury have been exaggerated after taking Lyrica."

Matchless March 6, 2010

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had minor back surgery and one result was nerve damage to the nerves from my right leg socket to my hip. Severe burning several times per year. Lyrica stops the severe pain slowly and reduces it to tolerable pain. I use 75mg on a nine day regimen - 3x for 3 days, 2x for 3 days and 1x for 3 days. It works good. The pain slowly resides and is gone by 6th day. No serious side effects. Slight vision blurring and minor lack of mental focus. Very minor. Overall, I think it works for me. Has not affected appetite, weight, mental attitude or sleeping habits."

Anonymous January 8, 2010

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Made my neuralgia symptoms worse."

Anonymous January 6, 2010

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I find it hard to say if it has really helped my pain and find that my anxiety level has increased as well as having suicidal thoughts. "

Anonymous December 27, 2009