User Reviews for Lyrica to treat Neuralgia

Lyrica Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Neuralgia.

Reviews for Lyrica

Nemaset · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2019

"I take a low dosage of Lyrica paired with another drug to manage my pain levels for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Nothing was working until I tried this one. I even had gamma knife surgery. I'm slowly getting my life back. I do get headaches, but it's much better than the pain in my face. Without Lyrica I'd have no hope left."

Happycustomer · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2018

"After 2.5 years of awfulness from chronic rib pain after liver surgery I can say Lyrica is a miracle drug for me. The doctor advised start a 75mg and double after a week but after reading many bad reviews at high dosage I decided to start at 75 and see. I needed to increase to 100mg a day but the relief is amazing and lifesaving. My pain has been reduced so much - it’s still there but I can handle it and from where it was it’s amaizing. Even after 6 weeks I felt it improve again without upping the dose so start low and stay with it and I have had no side effects other than it makes me less anxious and happier - I love it"

Sugar · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 17, 2018

"I've been on lyrica and neurotins. Lyrica is so much better then neurotins"

Mobile again August 12, 2018

"I have suffered from migraines for nearly 30 years with no relief from other medications. I also suffer from degenerative disk disease at C5/6 with bone spurs growing laterally pinching the root nerves leading down to my thumb. I can literally feel the nerve from my neck running through the shoulder down the arm and into my hand. Each of these problems trigger the other causing severe pain and constant chronic migraines. I had been on gabapentin for several years and did not see any help with recent increases. I hurt 24/7 at an average of 6/7 with all the medications I was on including the gabapentin. I had started Botox in January 2018. Had also started experiencing symptoms pointing to fibromyalgia, but have not been diagnosed. Too many doctor visits as it is. After requesting to try lyrica, I felt like I had my life back. I started at 50mg in am and 100mg at night. I had also went for an epidural steroid injection. Now taking 100mg twice a day."

Deano · Taken for 10 years or more August 11, 2018

"I have a gambling problem on lyrica. I notice on the Lyrica professional section under adverse affects that addiction is a nervous system side effect"

Tt · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2018

"I have been on Lyrica for 6 months for the Trigeminal Neuralgia. At first I didn’t want to keep taking drugs, so when I felt a bit better I stopped the med. Then very horrible pain attacked me after two days. The attack was so unbearable that I had to go to hospital emergency. The doctor told me that is because I didn’t take Lyrics regularly. Since then I have continued the med, without any break. Sometimes when the pain is increasing I take 100mg*3 per day. When it is in remission, totally pain free, I still take 25mg*2. I feel very dizzy and unstable while in high dose. However, I thank Lyrica very much! Lyrica is my life saver. Without it, I might have committed suicide."

Christy38 · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2018

"I just started taking Lyrica 50 mg 2x a day for trigeminal neuralgia. Before I started, I was having awful facial pain especially right side of jaw, teeth. I thought I had some cavities or something. I was crying from being in so much pain. Went to the dentist got an xray done and no cavities, nothing wrong. So I started doing my own research (googling my symptoms) and read about nerve pain. I immediately got in contact with my neurologist to come in and get seen. I also have epilepsy, chronic migraines, and the list goes on. When I picked up the med from the pharmacy I had asked how long it would be before I could get relief and the pharmacist said probably 3 or 4 days. I was feeling great after 2 doses of lyrica. I am scared about the weight gain so Im watching how much I eat, but just to not be in pain is so great right now!!! Thank you Lyrica!!!"

Jack July 17, 2018

"I was eating a burger in 2011 and experienced a stabbing pain on the upper right side of my jaw. It felt like someone had stuck an ice pick in my face and slowly pulled it out. After two checks with my dentist I was told there was nothing wrong with my teeth or gums. The pain continued but was always sporadic - when I ate, when I talked, when I shaved, when the wind blew a certain way. The bouts became more frequent and I had trouble sleeping as I would wake up to sudden jolts of pain. A month later they were so continuous that I could not go to work. A visit to my GP resulted in a quick diagnosis of Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) and a prescription for Lyrica. My dose level was quite high(600mg). The pain disappeared completely, but I self medicated the dose down to 75mg daily and have had great results. For the most part I am pain free with short bouts of pain that I cannot find a root cause for. Have not had ANY side effects."

cindy-59 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 27, 2018

"I was on Lyrica and it seemed to help a bit at first. Then I started to get so many horrible side effects; but stayed on because I was told that they would go away soon. They didn’t. I wasn’t depressed before starting this drug; but I was after being on it for awhile. I was a size 5 when I started taking Lyrica and I ended up being a size 13. Needless to say I was miserable. I am finally tapered off this drug."

jonesey · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2018

"great"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2018

"After one month I had severe withdrawal side effects and really bad thought. Avoid like the plague if you can"

Thelma L · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 14, 2018

"85 year old put on gabapentin, then Lyrica for 2 years for chronic back and nerve pain. Developed almost every side effect. Tried to get off, but always had to take one 25mg a day. Financially..back to gabapentin. Better after 5 days, will try to come off from here. DO YOUR HOMEWORK and weigh the odds!"

Kirasaki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 4, 2017

"Taking pregablin for restless legs is great and works for me ....but I do have to keep a check on my weight because it cause weight gain"

Amnoz · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2017

"I have been on Lyrica for only a bit over a week. Small doses were recommended; 25 mg, twice a day. I found this not to work, so I tried 50 mg at night, with some success. Increasing the dosage to 75 mg at night, resulted in the first time in a long while I can say I felt no pain. I feel a little listless, but I hope this will resolve itself. I find taking Magnesium Malate in the morning to energize me. For potential bloating I am taking B6, and monitoring my weight preparing to adapt my eating habits, and increase my physical activity with Yoga."

Kimmiegirl77 August 20, 2017

"Finally found a medication that helps me deal with everyday life with my Depression and anxiety."

Miroku July 2, 2017

"I've been prescribed Lyrica 300mg morning and night also Amitriptyline 10mg for TN pain. Before taking these meds life was near unbearable to live. The meds do come with some side affects, short term memory loss and sometimes blurred vision being the worse. I've thankfully not had issue with weight gain. You have take the good with the bad sometimes. Without the prescribed meds life would be hell."

Clusterhead March 11, 2017

"I have three primary headaches types and neuralgia due to lower back injury. Intractable Migraine, migraine, chronic cluster headache and sciatic neuralgia - 1st dose ramped my 'easy' cluster headache to a 10 and my neuralgia on left side is killing me and I want to throw up. What a great freaking drug."

Gsusan435 February 15, 2017

"I didn't experience any side effects at 50mg 2x per day. After my knee replacement surgery, I started taking 100 mg 3x per day. Almost right away I noticed vision blurriness, and mental fog. After about a month I started noticing weight gain, and swelling I'm ankles, legs, feet, and my hands are puffy. I have been on it 7 weeks now and have already gained 10 pounds. The swelling in my feet is nearly intolerable."

dandon678 February 4, 2017

"After spinal injury I suffered neuralgia in my legs. The doctors tried multiple drugs some were worthless and some of the others were dangerous. Lyrica caused blurring of visin and tremors. Looking for something to make me feel better. Lyrica was not it."

My 50th birthday gift was TN January 17, 2017

"for the last 22 years I have been suffering from severe form of Trigeminal Neuralgia had the Alcohol Block as well as the Gamma Knife procedures but to no avail. Help came when I was given high dosage of Lyrica in combination with Carbatrol. With time I was able to reduce it to half of the quantity of both medications. For the last 8-9 years I have been taking 900 mg of Lyrica and 600 mg of Tegretol. Before the Lyrica I was disabled, I couldn't talk, eat. open and close my eyes, touch my face, shave, have a haircut, or have my teeth cleaned, the list is too long. Basically noting could touch or move on the right side of my face. When I tried to eat, tears will stream down my face. I am taking Lyrica since February 2002, it saved my life."

Betsie le Roux · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2017

"I'm feeling terrible. I have been for several tests but no luck"

MoreFyah · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2016

"I take 300mg Lyrica once per day b4 bedtime..along with 1000 mg aceteminophen (Panadol/Tylenol) 3 times daily for trigeminal neuralgia..it is a godsend..i love this regimen..works wonders for my severe facial pain..the side effects i will take gladly for my pain relief..side effects include unsteady gait which subsides once my body gets accustomed to the dosage n lowered libido which returns within a day or two of not taking this regimen..otherwise i love Lyrica."

roasty & toasty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 22, 2016

"in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

Nannnnn March 28, 2016

"It cured my pain (trigeminal neuralia), but I had nasty side effects at first: mild headaches, nausea, tired, feeling too full and bloated (even when not eating), weight gain, dizzy, etc. I stuck with it, and after two weeks I was still feeling bloated and headaches, and continued to gain weight. I researched ways to counteract the negative effects, and started taking a B6 supplement (for weight gain) and an herbal diuretic (for the bloat). I no longer feel bloated, and the headaches are gone. I'm on my 4th (or 5th?) week of lyrica, and am feeling much better. I don't think I'm still gaining weight, but it's too soon to tell. I wasn't eating any more or less than usual, so if the B6 helps, that would be nice."

Tom© February 8, 2016

"200 mg three times a day has been the only medication that help with facial and jaw pain. For me it's miraculous."