User Reviews for Lyrica to treat Epilepsy

Lyrica Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Reviews for Lyrica

alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

“I was put on Lyrica for severe pain cause by shingles. A wonderful side effect was it controls my seizures. I have a better quality of life now. I am light sensitive. The triggers for my seizures are flashing lights, lightening strikes, fast TV editing, fluorescent lights, sun light etc...Lyrica is my life saver med.”

Rebuilt101 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 29, 2019

“Awesome Medication! Decreased my seizure activity substantially, and was more effectively then the hydrocodone products I was originally prescribed after a severe leg fracture pain. The decrease in pain took less than a month! It was as effective or more effective compared to Norco. I can't wait for this generic to come to market! Last note. Awesome control of my MDD and anxiety!!!”

Rissa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 1, 2018

“This was supposed to be an additional medication to help with my grand mal seizures. It didn't work for me. It made it difficult for me to speak. I could think of the words I wanted to say but I seemed to develop an odd stutter and twitch. I also gained a lot of weight, which wasn't so bad since I was too slim. I went from 105lbs to 150lbs in just over six months. After being off the Lyrica for one year I now weigh 115lbs. My seizures didn't decrease in severity, length of episode, or occurence per month. Lyrica did not work for me and actually caused problems. Please research before taking this medication.”

Bango19 · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2016

“I was optimistic about this med, as I was feeling pretty good emotionally. Unfortunately it caused me to have six seizures in a day, which is rare for me. I tried Lyrica twice on two separate occasions, this being the second, but we didn't know it was causing it the first time. Ultimately, I had high hopes but it was a big disappointment. Actually, more than a disappointment, it was straight up dangerous. Disclaimer: I know this med helps a lot of people; this is just my personal experience.”

Anonymous January 12, 2011

“I gained 30 lbs in 4 months, which was quite depressing. I think larger appetite was part of this. My doctor didn't say anything, but I found it frustrating. I also find it still hard to express myself (although this was a side effect of my last medicine, it is better now, but not great). I have also found increased numbing in my arms and decrease in emotion.”

Anonymous August 19, 2009

“Worked wonders at the start. Was up to 600mg a day. I don't eat the best but I do think this did make me gain weight. I live in the great white north but I struggled with balance, fell often, and also had trouble putting my thoughts into words. These side effects are now gone now that I'm off this. Balance and communication much better now that I'm off.”

Learn more about Epilepsy

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)