User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 210 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Ativan (lorazepam): "Have Gastroparesis. Gag reflex problem. Helps smooth the large muscles. Cannot tolerate side effects of Reglan. Use with Zofran at times."

7527 (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2016

"Lorazepam has always been a miracle drug for me. I have chronic morning motion sickness, I get severe nausea and start to vomit. It gets SO BAD and PAINFUL some times, I end up in the ER. The last 3 times I've been there, they gave me an injection of 4mg Lorazepam, and it worked GREAT! Now I have a Rx for Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily and Promethazine 25mg 3x daily. My motion sickness disappeares when I use Lorazepam. Best medication I've ever taken. 10/10!"

Watson242_2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

"I would like to share my experience with LORazepam - I have Breast Cancer which entailed a right side mastectomy and axillary node dissection (painful) where I am on Hyrdocod 10/300's for pain. I am on my 4th extensive Chemo where the first 5 days after Chemo every food smell causes severe nausea where I cannot eat - I just want to cover my nose. They had me on Compazine (really needs to be off the market at it is a useless drug - did not work during my pregnancies either that and phenergan) - they put me on Zofran - all this did was want to make me sleep with no relief relative to nausea. After consulting with my Oncologist he placed me Lorazepan and would you not know as soon as I took - within 15 minutes the nausea feeling gone!"

KassM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

"I have chronic Anxiety and Nausea/Vomiting. At first, I got put on HydrOXYzine 25mg 4x daily. It barely touched me, very weak medication. Then I tried Promethazine, which worked incredibly well for the Nausea. But it didn't help with my Anxiety. Then I got put on Lorazepam, 2mg 3x daily.. My whole life changed. No more anxiety, no more vomiting, and no more Anxiety induced Insomnia. Lorazepam is a GREAT medication."

LorazePAM2mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2016

"It was interesting reading through the other opinions. My experience with Ativan has not been great, I have severe headaches every time I have tried taking it. In addition to having cancer I also have PTSD and chronic pain syndrome, so I have to take Cymbalta, hydrocodone and hydromorphone for breakthrough pain. I recently added Xanax and it helps with anxiety, BUT I loose giant periods of memory. I am a wife and mom of two teenagers and I can't stand thinking about all of the memories I am loosing every day. Does anyone have a better suggestion for replacing both the Ativan AND Xanax?????"

TK Villa January 22, 2016

"Ok, I have chronic Nausea. I have tried Zofran, Promethazine, and Hydroxyzine. They did help my nausea, but not enough. So my psychiatrist Rx'd me Lorazepam 1mg 3x daily, along with Hydroxyzine 25mg 4x daily, and my Nausea is completely gone! Promethazine worked better than Hydroxyzine for me, but my psychiatrist stated Hydroxyzine works better with Benzodiazepines. While Promethazine works better with Opiates. So I took her word for it. Now I feel AMAZING. Lorazepam is an excellent medication."

Ativanage2mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

"I have tried Promethazine (Phenergan), Zofran (Odanestron), and Hydroxyzine (Atarax), and I can honestly say, all those medications DID work pretty good for me. Promethazine being the best, followed by Zofran, and then Hydroxyzine to list them in order. But once I tried Lorazepam (Ativan) it blew all the rest away! It's such a god send. I've always had stomach problems where in just a matter of minutes my stomach becomes SO nauseas it starts to hurt me so bad and I would get dehydraded and would need Medical assistance (ER) But not anymore, Ativan took that all away!"

ATiVAN1mg July 23, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "For post-chemo nausea, this works better than ondanestron (Zofran) for me."

LeniRose December 23, 2014

"I was on this med during chemo and it worked fine during the first 4 months. After that I started getting uncontrolable crying spells. Would just burst into tears for no reason. Found out this was one of the side effects. Believe me I don't cry easily at least until I was on lorazepam. Even went to a psychologist twice and even she wasn't sure why I was there since I don't have issues to work out. Other than the crying problem I did like this med. it worked well for me during the first 4 months of chemo. Good luck!"

Jlemaire November 4, 2014

"Lorazepam is the only one of the many medicines I've been given with my chemo that stops my stomach from feeling like someone is at it with a blow torch. I take it every night to help me sleep---1mg once or twice a day. I really need it the first 2 weeks after chemo."

Marie Theresa May 27, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam): "Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)"

Optiaine (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2013

"I suffer from bad anxiety and panic attacks pretty much 90% of my day. I suffer from the fear of throwing up which makes me nauseous all the time, and Ativan really helps relax me and helps with my nausea. I take 1 mg 2 times a day and helps me take the edge of feeling sick and worried."

Really help me (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2013

"I take this for breakthrough nausea when I have chemo. Though it can make me sleepy, which isn't always welcome, I'm very glad to have a non-constipating alternative to Zofran (also for nausea)."

sputnikki September 12, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam): "I have Menieres Disease and taking Ativan helps settle my balance down so I can go to work and function."

geo. May 14, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam): "This is amazing! It helps so many things. But the 3 main ones are nausea, insomnia and panic disorder. I also have fibromyalgia. I do try to keep the dosage as low as I can. I am prescribed a 1 mg pill 4 times a day. I take 2 of those at bedtime with a muscle relaxer and I sleep all the way through the night. I try to keep it to only 3 pills a day. I also take 60 mg of Cymbalta a day. Combined with the Ativan it keeps me and my husband sane. I also do yoga 2 to 3 times a week and walk. Exercise is a must with fibromyalgia."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam): "Lorazepam is the only thing that touches my nausea after having chemotherapy and for break-through nausea from the chemo. I was not aware that this was a medicine used for nausea until my Dr. prescribed them for me and told me to dissolve them under my tongue for the nausea. It almost always helps immediately and doesn't make me too drowsy to function. I just use 1mg. dosage and only when needed for the nausea and that is improving so I am very thankful."

Anonymous March 17, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam): "This medication did not work at all to control my nausea. It made me intensely sleepy, but I was still nauseated."

PlainJayne October 26, 2010

Ativan (lorazepam): "Ativan is a great medication..It doesn't have any side effects..It really works!"

lorina January 26, 2010

Ativan (lorazepam): "I was completely non-functional as a result of persistent nausea (which seemed to be somewhat stress-related). A combination of therapy with Ativan, Phenergan and Reglan has allowed me to resume somewhat of a normal life."

Randi442 March 24, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): "Great for anxiety. Not great alone for nausea. Works well with other drugs like Zofran though. Helps take the "panic" out of being sick."

robbyyz January 10, 2009

"I have been taking Lorazepam for about 1 year now. I have been diagnosed with anxiety. "

Anonymous August 22, 2008

"I am on Chemotherapy and I take Lorazepam with my chemo medicine and it helps a lot with the nausea and vomiting. I have not vomited at all and it also helps me sleep."

Anonymous March 27, 2008