User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 175 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Lorazepam

Remington Steele · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2020

“I have been taking Ativan for five years now for nausea and anxiety. Originally it was just for nausea. They gave me Zofran which worked but I couldn't take the side-effects and Compazine which didn't seem to do anything. When they gave me Ativan at 1mg taken three times per day as needed, my nausea went away and I was calm. The only thing is (and I'm sure it's the doctor's fault) I get 60 pills in one bottle to take 3 times per day. I'd run out of pills in 20 days! So I have to use them sparingly. I don't know how I made it through back when I was on the Cisplatin / Taxol combination. It helped tremendously but sometimes wore off a couple of hours early and I'd start vomiting. But with all the other chemo drugs it worked like a charm. I guess Cisplatin is just an extremely strong drug. Maybe if they gave me 2mg I'd have fared better.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “Don't you believe it! I was admitted to hospital for colitis. They gave me every nausea medicine and it didn't work then gave me Ativan. It didn't work either. The only reason they gave it to me was by then they thought my complaint was psychosomatic and wanted to prove me a liar by showing that Ativan stopped my symptoms so my complaints were not real only anxiety. Useless drug Ativan. Don't use it.”

Kathie · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

“Use for anxiety and nausea. Works great for me.”

dizzyat35 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2019

“I was prescribed lorazapam for anxiety, and while it works fine for that, I have found that it treats my undiagnosed nausea and dizzy spells the best! When the lightheadedness begins, I take one and 15 mins later I'm fine. Since it doesn't make me sleepy at all, I can go about my day no problem.”

Kath · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

“I was miserable with gastroparesis, then because I have several other conditions, my doc gave me Ativan. OMG it has practically eliminated gastroparesis! No nausea, no pain, I am still constipated but am successfully dealing with that!”

Smas09 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 14, 2019

“SMAS (Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome) syndrome makes me vomit all the time but lorazepam helps me stop vomiting.... Its a miracle”

blue-sky · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan is a wonderful medicine. The people that abuse it, are ruining it for everyone. I got food poisoning followed by 3 rounds of what doctors called "stomach flu." They couldn't figure out how to help me. Ativan is the only thing that helped my nausea. The stomach issues I had also caused me anxiety that I never had in my life before. Ativan helped both nausea and anxiety with zero side effects. Took Ativan for 6 weeks then switched to Klonopin to wean off. Both of those meds are far better than any other SSRI which seem to have so many side effects.”

Minnie · Taken for 10 years or more September 12, 2018

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam): “I’ve been using lorazepam for 22 years. I get a prescription of 60 pills 0.5 mg. at a time. I take around 10 pills per month and only when I absolutely need it. I use them for my fear of vomiting and the anxiety I get at times due to this fear. It has been a godsend for me. You cannot drink alcohol with this medicine. I have taken it hours after I’ve drank because alcohol gives me anxiety and nausea.”

Ziggy marps · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam): “This med. Was given as anti anxiety medication. Straight knocked me out an hour after taking. Girl friend took it. She some how functioned to go to work. I was completely unable to cut hair, even unable to get out of chair. Anxiety was gone. And u should only take this drug short term then wean off it.My girl friends Dr. doubled her dosage from 1mg to 2 mg and without it she completely freaked out, yelling, screaming at me. She completely changes her personality if without it. When she stopped taking it, it was like she was coming off heroine. Was a worse situation coming off it, Dr. Did not lower her dose slowly, nor gave her something that could help her come off it. Mixed with cymbalta? Even worse. Mass hallucinations, both bad drugs.”

Miss thangggg · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan helped with nausea tremendously.... I've been dealing with nausea for 8 months ...stress related ....”

Saritali October 3, 2016

“I am going through chemo for recurring lymphoma. Naturally there is anxiety involved, lack of sleep, nausea and complete lack of appetite. I have a tumour on the trachea and difficulty breathing. In the hospital I received Ativan which so profoundley help with all of the above: anxiety, nausea and breathing. I am SO grateful for this medication, it made my life bearable. Ativan enhances the effects of the anti-nausea drug by far. And the anti-anxiety help me breath better. It soothes the racing thoughts at night and I can sleep. All this on 1mg at night, no more. This tiny under-the-tongue is a miracle for me.”

Anonymous September 29, 2016

“Severe motion sickness....nothing seemed to help. Meclizine and Zofran did OK but still nausea on a plane. Brought Lorazepam into the mix with the other two and WOW just like sitting in my living room no symptoms at all.”

7527 · Taken for 10 years or more May 13, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam): “Have Gastroparesis. Gag reflex problem. Helps smooth the large muscles. Cannot tolerate side effects of Reglan. Use with Zofran at times.”

Watson242_2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2016

“Lorazepam has always been a miracle drug for me. I have chronic morning motion sickness, I get severe nausea and start to vomit. It gets SO BAD and PAINFUL some times, I end up in the ER. The last 3 times I've been there, they gave me an injection of 4mg Lorazepam, and it worked GREAT! Now I have a Rx for Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily and Promethazine 25mg 3x daily. My motion sickness disappeares when I use Lorazepam. Best medication I've ever taken. 10/10!”

KassM · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2016

“I would like to share my experience with LORazepam - I have Breast Cancer which entailed a right side mastectomy and axillary node dissection (painful) where I am on Hyrdocod 10/300's for pain. I am on my 4th extensive Chemo where the first 5 days after Chemo every food smell causes severe nausea where I cannot eat - I just want to cover my nose. They had me on Compazine (really needs to be off the market at it is a useless drug - did not work during my pregnancies either that and phenergan) - they put me on Zofran - all this did was want to make me sleep with no relief relative to nausea. After consulting with my Oncologist he placed me Lorazepan and would you not know as soon as I took - within 15 minutes the nausea feeling gone!”

LorazePAM2mg · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 15, 2016

“I have chronic Anxiety and Nausea/Vomiting. At first, I got put on HydrOXYzine 25mg 4x daily. It barely touched me, very weak medication. Then I tried Promethazine, which worked incredibly well for the Nausea. But it didn't help with my Anxiety. Then I got put on Lorazepam, 2mg 3x daily.. My whole life changed. No more anxiety, no more vomiting, and no more Anxiety induced Insomnia. Lorazepam is a GREAT medication.”

TK Villa January 22, 2016

“It was interesting reading through the other opinions. My experience with Ativan has not been great, I have severe headaches every time I have tried taking it. In addition to having cancer I also have PTSD and chronic pain syndrome, so I have to take Cymbalta, hydrocodone and hydromorphone for breakthrough pain. I recently added Xanax and it helps with anxiety, BUT I loose giant periods of memory. I am a wife and mom of two teenagers and I can't stand thinking about all of the memories I am loosing every day. Does anyone have a better suggestion for replacing both the Ativan AND Xanax?????”

Ativanage2mg · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 7, 2016

“Ok, I have chronic Nausea. I have tried Zofran, Promethazine, and Hydroxyzine. They did help my nausea, but not enough. So my psychiatrist Rx'd me Lorazepam 1mg 3x daily, along with Hydroxyzine 25mg 4x daily, and my Nausea is completely gone! Promethazine worked better than Hydroxyzine for me, but my psychiatrist stated Hydroxyzine works better with Benzodiazepines. While Promethazine works better with Opiates. So I took her word for it. Now I feel AMAZING. Lorazepam is an excellent medication.”

ATiVAN1mg July 23, 2015

“I have tried Promethazine (Phenergan), Zofran (Odanestron), and Hydroxyzine (Atarax), and I can honestly say, all those medications DID work pretty good for me. Promethazine being the best, followed by Zofran, and then Hydroxyzine to list them in order. But once I tried Lorazepam (Ativan) it blew all the rest away! It's such a god send. I've always had stomach problems where in just a matter of minutes my stomach becomes SO nauseas it starts to hurt me so bad and I would get dehydraded and would need Medical assistance (ER) But not anymore, Ativan took that all away!”

LeniRose December 23, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam): “For post-chemo nausea, this works better than ondanestron (Zofran) for me.”

Jlemaire November 4, 2014

“I was on this med during chemo and it worked fine during the first 4 months. After that I started getting uncontrolable crying spells. Would just burst into tears for no reason. Found out this was one of the side effects. Believe me I don't cry easily at least until I was on lorazepam. Even went to a psychologist twice and even she wasn't sure why I was there since I don't have issues to work out. Other than the crying problem I did like this med. it worked well for me during the first 4 months of chemo. Good luck!”

Marie Theresa May 27, 2014

“Lorazepam is the only one of the many medicines I've been given with my chemo that stops my stomach from feeling like someone is at it with a blow torch. I take it every night to help me sleep---1mg once or twice a day. I really need it the first 2 weeks after chemo.”

Optiaine · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam): “Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)”

Really help me · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 2, 2013

“I suffer from bad anxiety and panic attacks pretty much 90% of my day. I suffer from the fear of throwing up which makes me nauseous all the time, and Ativan really helps relax me and helps with my nausea. I take 1 mg 2 times a day and helps me take the edge of feeling sick and worried.”

sputnikki September 12, 2013

“I take this for breakthrough nausea when I have chemo. Though it can make me sleepy, which isn't always welcome, I'm very glad to have a non-constipating alternative to Zofran (also for nausea).”

Learn more about Nausea/Vomiting