User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Reviews for Lorazepam

AeonRex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 21, 2020

“0.5 mg lorazepam. This is awesome when a serious meltdown is brewing and skills are really really hard to use. My prescriber is great and only gives me 12/month and said to only use it when I truly need it, which is what I do being aware of tolerance issues others are reporting here. Sort of "in case of an emergency" so I don't even use the 12 which I know is in my best interests. When I use it it just feels like I feel functional again and can get back to life without having this mess of terrible thoughts in my mind preventing me from doing *everything*. I definitely recommend this for those "in case of emergencies" times.”

Tree October 10, 2018

“I have taken Ativan off and on for about 5 years. I take 2 mg a couple of hours before bed. (6ish). I have nightmares from past abuse (severe adolescent abuse, smothered by a family a member, neglected). I'm 36 yr old female who had been diagnosed with BPD and PTSD. I only take Ativan. It helps. Tolerance does build up every few weeks I cut my doses, taper, and readjust. This medicine works for me and my mental health.”

Aaronson · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2016

“Excellent for dealing with anxiety induced panic attacks, helped regulate mood swings, and really helped with sleep. However, tolerance builds up quickly and addiction is a serious concern. As such, it helped only as a short term solution to bridge the gap into a more stable regiment of medication.”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)