User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Cervical Dystonia

Also known as: Ativan

Lorazepam Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Cervical Dystonia.

Reviews for Lorazepam

"I don't know why my PCP prescribed this (after I researched) I have Back pain and Stenosis. I guess it was "off label". I have been suffering from chronic back pain for about 30 years. The severity comes and goes. During one of the more intense periods, PCP prescribed lorazepam. It worked great. I was quite relaxed. I think that was the main benefit. I was so relaxed, my back just stopped hurting. No one since then, has been willing to prescribe. I am now under the care of a pain management specialist. The specialist prescribes oxycodone. It really doesn't seem to work as well as the lorazepam. It masks the pain but the lorazepam targeted the source (if that makes sense.)"

voodoomembrain (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2017

"I have the late effects of polio (PPS) w/ SEVERE muscle spasms - am NOT anxious about anything (seems lorazepam is used more for anxiety). My spasms draw toes calves thighs hands back muscles into knots & wake me up screaming w/ pain. My dose of 1- 0.5mg tab only gives no side effects, but it just doesn't work long enough, or isn't strong enough or, need to take more than twice/day; perhaps higher dosage, more frequent dose or different drug altogether wld work better or provide better relief"

nancy belton (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

"I have cd since 8 years....i used all drugs started with botox....know i used 2mg ativan tab and 1mg artan which are the best i used for cervical dystonia....regards..."

emad ahmed (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "The Ativan gave me relief from the anxiety that was caused by and affecting the Dystonia. However it didn't treat the Dystonia itself and I ended up having to up my dose all the time and eventually quit taking it because I realized it wasn't treating the root problem."

Smoore013 August 20, 2009

"My thanks to the person with MS who posted her experience with this medicine. I have used it now for 5 yrs as an adjunct to Botox injections (IM neck and shoulder) to treat a chronic neurological movement disorder known as cervical (spine) dystonia. It helped restore my quality of life. It is much milder than other similar medicines used to treat focal dystonias i.e. I am not sleepy and don't suffer bizarre side effects. I am posting this in hope someone else with dystonia of any kind may benefit."

no nickname June 6, 2008