User Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Cervical Dystonia

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Lorazepam Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Cervical Dystonia.

Reviews for Lorazepam

Tom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 11, 2019

“I have CD, tried all the different Botox’s, Botox A works best for me and which Dr injects, but lorazepam has always helped with my anxiety and Dystonia if I can get it prescribed to me. But Zolpidem 10 mg taken in half gives me full relief for 3-4 hrs per dose with no Botox injections, full range of motion. The hard part is getting it prescribed or the prescription from the pharmacy. Insurance finally pays for 4 doses, 2 pills a day, really need 5 to 6 doses a day, have been doing this treatment for 1 yr + off label and is working for spasms and some anxiety issues, thanks for your time.”

samer60 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 20, 2019

“I had lorazepan 2mg in divide dose with Voltaren sustained cap 75 mg daily helped me more than 3 years but side effects of 2 drugs be difficult.. best wishes..”

voodoomembrain · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2017

“I don't know why my PCP prescribed this (after I researched) I have Back pain and Stenosis. I guess it was "off label". I have been suffering from chronic back pain for about 30 years. The severity comes and goes. During one of the more intense periods, PCP prescribed lorazepam. It worked great. I was quite relaxed. I think that was the main benefit. I was so relaxed, my back just stopped hurting. No one since then, has been willing to prescribe. I am now under the care of a pain management specialist. The specialist prescribes oxycodone. It really doesn't seem to work as well as the lorazepam. It masks the pain but the lorazepam targeted the source (if that makes sense.)”

nancy belton · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2015

“I have the late effects of polio (PPS) w/ SEVERE muscle spasms - am NOT anxious about anything (seems lorazepam is used more for anxiety). My spasms draw toes calves thighs hands back muscles into knots & wake me up screaming w/ pain. My dose of 1- 0.5mg tab only gives no side effects, but it just doesn't work long enough, or isn't strong enough or, need to take more than twice/day; perhaps higher dosage, more frequent dose or different drug altogether wld work better or provide better relief”

emad ahmed · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2015

“I have cd since 8 years....i used all drugs started with botox....know i used 2mg ativan tab and 1mg artan which are the best i used for cervical dystonia....regards...”

Smoore013 August 20, 2009

Ativan (lorazepam): “The Ativan gave me relief from the anxiety that was caused by and affecting the Dystonia. However it didn't treat the Dystonia itself and I ended up having to up my dose all the time and eventually quit taking it because I realized it wasn't treating the root problem.”

no nickname June 6, 2008

“My thanks to the person with MS who posted her experience with this medicine. I have used it now for 5 yrs as an adjunct to Botox injections (IM neck and shoulder) to treat a chronic neurological movement disorder known as cervical (spine) dystonia. It helped restore my quality of life. It is much milder than other similar medicines used to treat focal dystonias i.e. I am not sleepy and don't suffer bizarre side effects. I am posting this in hope someone else with dystonia of any kind may benefit.”

Learn more about Cervical Dystonia